Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
images
tumblr_m3de3dT7kl1rq5uu8o1_500.gif
4473817+_f87714d82ac5a8051526bc36cfbe18c6.gif
tumblr_mc9teipYi21r4y555o1_500.gif
Fighting-Off-The-Feels-Gif-On-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender.gif
tumblr_m636mdG4Nz1qm718p.gif
tumblr_m4a1b4ATwp1r6f4rx.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Gwenevre No shame, you should see my tumblr... I cannot believe Korrasami is confirmed canon now... I just woke up and had to double check it wasn't a dream. So many tears last night... OTP

Tumblr is on the verge of civil war. But I was extremely happy with the finale

Tumblr is on the verge of civil war. But I was extremely happy with the finale
Some people are so bitter... but I feel like it was the only way it could end! Love love love!! That, or not have Korra with anyone... Seriously such a beautifully set up relationship and... representation!! I love it! Couldn't have DREAMED of a better finale... except, well, a kiss... but that was probably pushing Nick a bit too far :/

Okay, I caved and watched the last 5 episodes of Korra last night instead of going back to sleep. It. WAS. AMAZING.:D (though I might feel quite bittersweet since one of my favorite shows is now finished....:arghh:)

Reactions: 1 users
All this Korra talk makes me feel like I should check it out. And all the talk of the finale makes me remember when the original Avatar series ended :p Probably just dated myself but now I want to go rewatch that series as well. Good thing it's winter break!

Books 3 and 4 are simply amazing... they really outdid themselves. Also I know people always try to compare A:TLA to LoK, but you really shouldn't. They are two different shows and you are just going to disappoint yourself. Not saying Korra is bad... I LOVE Korra, but it has a different feel and tone about it. Mainly because of stupid Nick and all the stunts they pulled -_- I think, anyway

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/2...en-during-gunpoint-robbery-returned-unharmed/
'scuse me while i snark:

"Breaking news!! Bulldog puppies were stolen!! Oh..whats that? They've been returned unharmed?? Apparently the thieves are smarted than we thought?! They realized that bulldog puppies are indeed not worth any money (only love and A LOT of heart break)."

snicker...

they're feeding 10wo puppies goats milk?? right...

puppies are 'worth' about $2500 apiece? yeah, only to the really, really stupid...thats only a fraction of what you're gonna pay in vet bills for these cute little heart breakers...

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has any suggestions for a good shampoo to get the formalin stink out of my hair I would love to hear it- Large animal anatomy seems to be twice as stinky and I literally smell it everywhere (especially my hair).

On the other hand, while I was at the store today I discovered it has doubled my "repulsion radius," so that can be a good thing I suppose. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone has any suggestions for a good shampoo to get the formalin stink out of my hair I would love to hear it- Large animal anatomy seems to be twice as stinky and I literally smell it everywhere (especially my hair).

On the other hand, while I was at the store today I discovered it has doubled my "repulsion radius," so that can be a good thing I suppose. :laugh:
sorry, there aren't good options. I

Mint? That is what I used when I was working with pigs as that scent sticks with you forever too... otherwise, enjoy your formalin perfume... :)

The only solution is prolonged exposure... Eventually you fry all the cells in your nostrils and can no longer smell. Plus side- you will still have a repulsion radius

Reactions: 1 users
So I guess I need a little bit of advice, but didn't want to make a new thread. I've graduate my undergrad and am working part-time with the USDA during the week. On the weekends I'll be working at a local camp with their trail rides, so ~30 hours a week.
I have an interview for a third job, hopefully part-time, but at decent pay, and I have bills/rent to pay. I'm debating if I should take on this other job or leave time for more shadow/volunteering experience, which I also need as that was what got me rejected from my IS (post file review).
So experience? Or money?

http://avalonorganics.com/peppermint-strengthening-shampoo

So I guess I need a little bit of advice, but didn't want to make a new thread. I've graduate my undergrad and am working part-time with the USDA during the week. On the weekends I'll be working at a local camp with their trail rides, so ~30 hours a week.
I have an interview for a third job, hopefully part-time, but at decent pay, and I have bills/rent to pay. I'm debating if I should take on this other job or leave time for more shadow/volunteering experience, which I also need as that was what got me rejected from my IS (post file review).
So experience? Or money?
Hey! This sounds a lot like the situation I was in last year. What type of job is the third one? Perhaps there are ways via work to volunteer for different things?

Hey! This sounds a lot like the situation I was in last year. What type of job is the third one? Perhaps there are ways via work to volunteer for different things?
It's another research job. I think I'm going to ask if I can just work 2-3 days a week, so there's still time to volunteer.

It's another research job. I think I'm going to ask if I can just work 2-3 days a week, so there's still time to volunteer.
Research experience always looks great too, so I dont think you can go wrong. I think asking 2-3 days a week sounds reasonable, and it will be exciting to learn something different! Also, with research, there probably will be tons of opportinities to volunteer with side projects, etc.

PS- what do you do at the USDA? That sounds like a cool job! :)

I'm one of the research tech/assistants. Basically I do whatever people ask me to. This morning I went out and collected behavioral data, tomorrow I'll be helping with necropsies, Monday I'll be doing data entry.

One of my relatives suggested apple cider vinegar? I tossed a very small amount into my shampoo after working with pigs and it seemed to do the trick? Although I also dislike the smell of vinegar so it was sort of a loss. On the plus side it didn't frizz out my poor hair.

One of my relatives suggested apple cider vinegar? I tossed a very small amount into my shampoo after working with pigs and it seemed to do the trick? Although I also dislike the smell of vinegar so it was sort of a loss. On the plus side it didn't frizz out my poor hair.

I've heard that used for people that got sprayed by skunks too, so there must be something to it!

On a tangent, one of the ear cleaners we used at work was an apple/vinegar smell. The pups all smelled like apple cider all day after treatment! :)

I wasn't sure where to post this question...but what is the general consensus on thank you notes for interviewers? Yay or nay? Any feedback or past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I wasn't sure where to post this question...but what is the general consensus on thank you notes for interviewers? Yay or nay? Any feedback or past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I would search the forums and take a look at some of the threads created on this topic. You'll probably get the best idea of what the consensus is there. :)

This will depend on the schools. Some say do not send them, others leave it up to you. I would check with you school's staff to see what their protocols are.

I sent a short email back thanking them for their time. I also interviewed for grad schools too, and it seemed like there was a lot of email communication. Honestly, I think it helped more than it hurt. One of the professors I was speaking with said he was flattered a student took the time to thank them, and that it meant a lot :)

So, I had sat some ibuprofen on the small table next to my couch and sat on the couch. Looked away for all of 5 seconds and next I know the cat is up on the table playing with the ibuprofen tablets.... I grabbed them away real fast, but seriously she wasn't even around when I sat down. It is like she came out of nowhere.

This cat though, I swear she has a death wish.. She is constantly getting into everything.. "oh you left your backpack open I will jump in, knock it over while I am only half in it." "Oh, scissors... I can play with those!" "Oh, you are practicing suturing, let my paw at the needle."

She also has an awkward obsession with licking electrical outlets...

I am seriously thinking of getting a pet health insurance policy on her because it is only a matter of time before her "curiosity" gets the better of her...

What was creepy about that?! That girl is spectacular. I would go see her in concert.

Oh, I didn't mean that was creepy. It is just not what I was expecting. Just something that I could see you finding.

Side Note: I also don't understand what she is saying, so it just sounds like she is repeating the same thing over and over to me... :shrug:

Oh, I didn't mean that was creepy. It is just not what I was expecting. Just something that I could see you finding.

Side Note: I also don't understand what she is saying, so it just sounds like she is repeating the same thing over and over to me... :shrug:
I was just teasing you. ;)

Being done with NAVLE means I can devote my evenings to more important endeavors... Like finding new anime to obsess over. I can highly recommend Aldnoah.Zero for anyone that's a fan of mecha. Also has some amazing music; Hiroyuki Sawano is the composer for the series, who also does the music for Ao no Exorcist and Shingeki no Kyojin. The series streaming on Crunchyroll for anyone interested.

Opening Theme - Heavenly Blue by Kalafina

Bre@th//less by Sawano and Mika Kobayashi