Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stayed up until 2AM to finish reading mockingjay and I have to say I'm kind of disappointed by the ending. Also I think that this book was really way too long, it really didn't need to be that long to finish the story and after a while I just got annoyed because I just wanted to know the ending, which ended up being a bit disappointing IMO.
Agreed. I thought the books were decreasingly good. Common problem. Good concept. Good start poor finish.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Dear roommate - lets review appropriate uses for an oven:
1. Cooking
---
Not appropriate uses: drying small metal items because you are too lazy to use a dish towel, and thus you LEAVE THE OVEN ON for 24+ HOURS. Thats called a serious fire hazard, and you're really, really lucky that I happened to glance at the stove while i was making lunch today, because it's pretty unlikely that i would have otherwise noticed that the oven was on (and you're gone until sunday).

---
Not appropriate uses: drying small metal items because you are too lazy to use a dish towel, and thus you LEAVE THE OVEN ON for 24+ HOURS. Thats called a serious fire hazard, and you're really, really lucky that I happened to glance at the stove while i was making lunch today, because it's pretty unlikely that i would have otherwise noticed that the oven was on (and you're gone until sunday).

This should surprise me that someone would be this dumb to leave an oven on that long, unfortunately, very few things that people do shock me anymore.

Glad that you caught it and nothing caught fire.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear roommate - lets review appropriate uses for an oven:
1. Cooking
---
I think your roommate wins roomie of the year. What a gem

Reactions: 1 user
I think your roommate wins roomie of the year. What a gem
i knew she put stuff in the oven to let it dry, i didnt know she turned it on to do so. such an incredible waste of money and so very dangerous!!! please don't blatantly put our pets lives at risk because you are too lazy to use a dish cloth or drying rack to dry metal dishes...

What bothered me was the constant "set backs" and the dragging out of entire war. It seemed like anytime the story took one step forward to the end, it immediately took two steps backward

It's been a while since I read it, but I remember filling a similar annoyance with a lot of relatively useless filler content. I felt like it ended up causing more questions than answers also. Not saying I could do any better, but truthfully I just think she's a bad writer.

Just want to say that I am sure it is going to be a mild winter (at least here in NJ) , as I have caved in and bought a Jeep.
Couldn't last another winter outside of a city with a rear wheel 2wd pickup truck.

You heard it here first.

Just want to say that I am sure it is going to be a mild winter (at least here in NJ) , as I have caved in and bought a Jeep.
Couldn't last another winter outside of a city with a rear wheel 2wd pickup truck.

You heard it here first.

I hope so. I don't think my Corolla can handle a winter like last year and I have externships that involve me commuting from Jan5th to like Feb 19th.

I hope so. I don't think my Corolla can handle a winter like last year and I have externships that involve me commuting from Jan5th to like Feb 19th.
I'm praying my Corolla can make it through this winter. It's her first winter in my hands, so we'll see.

Members don't see this ad :)

It was...they're gone now. I don't really watch the show but Matt McAndrew's mom works in VHUP apparently so they did his backstory/home episode here earlier. Supposedly it was a surprise for her but I dunno. I just had class at 9AM and there was a lot of yelling and dogs barking in the Hill lobby. They sent emails out to us to participate in the episode.

It was...they're gone now. I don't really watch the show but Matt McAndrew's mom works in VHUP apparently so they did his backstory/home episode here earlier. Supposedly it was a surprise for her but I dunno. I just had class at 9AM and there was a lot of yelling and dogs barking in the Hill lobby. They sent emails out to us to participate in the episode.
Wow that's actually really cool! I hear people talking about interviews in the elevator. I guess that's what they meant lol

Hey @DVMDream, someone got me your book for my birthday

2QzHcX3l.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
image.jpg

Saw this and thought of my favorite grumpy people ;).

Reactions: 3 users
If only I were making money off all the grumpy cat merchandise...

I could probably pay off my vet school loans...

Hmm, that gives me an idea... anyone have any tips on how to make my cat famous?
Wait, what did you get from the Christmas special you were in????

If only I were making money off all the grumpy cat merchandise...

I could probably pay off my vet school loans...

Hmm, that gives me an idea... anyone have any tips on how to make my cat famous?
Post videos of her around the internet and hope real hard?

Influx of noobs for the app season --> lots of people using actual photos of themselves for their profile pictures.

Pseudo-anonymity is a good thing, folks. Try a picture of your dog or cat (or horse) instead.

Juuuuuuuust sayin'.

Influx of noobs for the app season --> lots of people using actual photos of themselves for their profile pictures.

Pseudo-anonymity is a good thing, folks. Try a picture of your dog or cat (or horse) instead.

Juuuuuuuust sayin'.
I'm as pale as this girl, so might as well be me :hilarious:

Juuuuuuuust sayin'.

I think a lot of it has to do with being able to link it with facebook now, but agreed.

Also, I am bored with studying for all the exams I have this week. I just want it to be Friday so I can dress up all pretty and drink and dance with my classmates.

Juuuuuuuust sayin'.
The whole anonymity thing is over-rated.

Personally, I kind of like the actual photos. Less confusing for old men. I used to think you were dexter when I first joined (clearly didn't know the show).

Personally, I kind of like the actual photos. Less confusing for old men. I used to think you were dexter when I first joined (clearly didn't know the show).
-insert joke about creepy old man looking at pics of younger women-

It was an animated gif and everything. If you had joined sooner, you would have thought I was Dr. Horrible. That would have been interesting. It how about James May from Top Gear...

So, random: I have an online dating profile on OKCupid but no interest in actually dating any guys who contact me online. Sometimes I feel bad about that but then I remember how entertained I am by some of the weird messages I get. One day I'll have to make a blog or something to share.

So, random: I have an online dating profile on OKCupid but no interest in actually dating any guys who contact me online. Sometimes I feel bad about that but then I remember how entertained I am by some of the weird messages I get. One day I'll have to make a blog or something to share.
My best friend from home dared me to create an account on Plenty of Fish just for kicks. Some of the people out there are just hysterical :laugh:.

Just spent about an hour researching intratesticular blocks for surgeries.

...sometimes I wonder what normal peoples' evenings are like?

I was doing research for a story and was looking up what the actual cause of death is when someone dies after breaking their neck...also looked up instances of people clawing their own eyes out for a different part of the same story. I hope the NSA isn't tracking my computer :lame:

I was doing research for a story and was looking up what the actual cause of death is when someone dies after breaking their neck...also looked up instances of people clawing their own eyes out for a different part of the same story. I hope the NSA isn't tracking my computer :lame:
You are not helping your serial killer stereotype... :p

Oh, cool, so you're using an actual photo? I can now say that I know an airplane. :D

Reactions: 2 users
I can't believe I just read that whole thing

I know right? haha

I'm a little disappointed in it but I think that is what makes it so great lol
They set it up so well for something AMAZING to happen!
Of course I guess that is why it is considered a joke

It was a pretty interesting story, too :laugh: At some point I stopped waiting for the joke and was just getting into the story
Right??? That's how I was too, which is why I was so disappointed at the end because it just...just ended!

Last edited:
Finished with the semester. Waiting on a pizza.

slide_303944_2588225_free.gif

Legend of Korra is ending tonight... I just... don't even know. Feeling like I'm losing a huge part of myself. I'm not ready for it to be over.

Legend of Korra is ending tonight... I just... don't even know. Feeling like I'm losing a huge part of myself. I'm not ready for it to be over.
The legend will be with you. For all of your lifetimes.