Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah the ones I've been looking at have disposable containers. Either little plastic boxes or bags.

If I were to get one of the automatically scooping cat boxes I think I would be incredibly lazy about emptying the waste container and it would stink more :whistle:

My boy has stinky poop too. I scoop morning and evening but if I'm home and catch a wiff then I snatch it immediately to mitigate the problem.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were to get one of the automatically scooping cat boxes I think I would be incredibly lazy about emptying the waste container and it would stink more :whistle:

My boy has stinky poop too. I scoop morning and evening but if I'm home and catch a wiff then I snatch it immediately to mitigate the problem.
My problem is that my cat loves when the litter box is clean. No matter how many times I scoop it he goes in there and destroys it again within five minutes. I honestly don't know where he's hiding the poop in his body at this point.

Reactions: 5 users
My problem is that my cat loves when the litter box is clean. No matter how many times I scoop it he goes in there and destroys it again within five minutes. I honestly don't know where he's hiding the poop in his body at this point.
Cats :smack:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been torturing myself and watching "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"

I despise the main character. She is such a whiny, little tool

Reactions: 4 users
I've been torturing myself and watching "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"

I despise the main character. She is such a whiny, little tool
I used to watch that show all the time. Stopped a looong time ago though. Too many pregnancies :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
I'd never seen it until last week. And this show is so bad. Really bad. But I keep watching it like a masochist
It filled the Degrassi-shaped hole in my heart when I stopped watching Degrassi because all my favorite characters were gone. Well, almost filled. It's definitely an inferior show.

Anyone else at Meriel symposium at The Ohio State? Message me if you want to hit the town with me and a few other Miszouites

I'd never seen it until last week. And this show is so bad. Really bad. But I keep watching it like a masochist
I used to watch the commercials when I was at someone's house and was like... No. That is so dumb I'm never going to watch that. Then one day I did and I don't know why and now I've seen the whole thing. :bag:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh godis another one of these beezies pregnant?! And why are they so unlikable?! And while I think the idea of a relationship between the mentally handicapped kids is cute and nice, they made the girl have such a bad attitude and the boy be gross about wanting sex. And WHY AM I STILL WATCHING THIS AWFUL SHOW?!

The good: The chiropracter came out and adjusted my horse and she's so much better under saddle now. She was working so much better through her back and neck.

The bad: Making her back no longer hurt has just emphasized that 90% of her isssues are coming from her left hock.

How's your guts? Did you just need to poop?

They're okish.... better than last night but still being annoying. I just didn't sleep, hopefully I sleep tonight because I work tomorrow. But then I have Wednesday off, so I may just sleep a crap ton Wednesday.

Yeah the ones I've been looking at have disposable containers. Either little plastic boxes or bags.

I'm a WUSS when it comes to poop. I'm not even sure what I was thinking going to vet school lol
For not liking poop, like 50% of your recent posts have been about poop or related to it :p

Reactions: 4 users
Got home from necropsies this afternoon and then my brother and I took my dog on a few errands. He said something like "Wow, Tali smells awful." Whatever, it's true, she needs a bath. Then I was sitting with my computer at the table, and my mom comes over to show me how to do some diagnostic printer test. She says "It smells like something died over here. Is that your dog? What is that?"

I did a casual sniff-test of my shirt and yeah . . . it was me. My family forced me to go change my clothes and apparently that didn't help, so now I'm being forced into the shower. They're so nice about it. :yeahright: The smell doesn't bother me at all, I didn't even notice. :laugh:

Got home from necropsies this afternoon and then my brother and I took my dog on a few errands. He said something like "Wow, Tali smells awful." Whatever, it's true, she needs a bath. Then I was sitting with my computer at the table, and my mom comes over to show me how to do some diagnostic printer test. She says "It smells like something died over here. Is that your dog? What is that?"

I did a casual sniff-test of my shirt and yeah . . . it was me. My family forced me to go change my clothes and apparently that didn't help, so now I'm being forced into the shower. They're so nice about it. :yeahright: The smell doesn't bother me at all, I didn't even notice. :laugh:
Okay but necropsy smell is so horrible sometimes lol. Maybe it's just me since we rarely do necropsies on things that have recently died/been dead for <48 hours at work. If it's a fresher animal, no problem. Been baking in 100 degree heat for a month? I can feel that stench clinging to my very soul.

I can definitely attest to not noticing smells though. My parents have definitely made me undress in the garage and throw my clothes in the washer before coming into the house before.

Okay but necropsy smell is so horrible sometimes lol. Maybe it's just me since we rarely do necropsies on things that have recently died/been dead for <48 hours at work. If it's a fresher animal, no problem. Been baking in 100 degree heat for a month? I can feel that stench clinging to my very soul.

I can definitely attest to not noticing smells though. My parents have definitely made me undress in the garage and throw my clothes in the washer before coming into the house before.
They were all fresh deaths today! Okay, one kind of rotten goose, but nothing really bad. They've never complained about smells before. It was weird.

Why would you even necropsy this? It'd be nothing but smelly mush! Yuck.

Almost all of our necropsies are for cruelty cases. Even though we may not be able to collect much evidence off the body it is still good to have it in court. We also often run into owners who claim the animal has only been dead for X amount of time (like "Well I went out of town for a three day weekend and came back and he was dead, I had nothing to do with it!") and we need to collect insect evidence/other information from the necropsy to be able to demonstrably show in court that the animal was dead for much longer.

We also sometimes have to pick up other physical evidence off a body or photograph some things, like collars/tethers/nail length etc. We don't usually get animals that have been dead for that length of time (other people usually call it in before that because it smells horrible), but animals that have been dead for >1 week are probably most common for us to necropsy.

Also lol yeah they are usually either mush or leather by that point. I once had to cut the head off a dog like that just so we could get its collar/tether for evidence because the body goop had gotten so embedded into the padlock on its collar (yes, a padlock) that it could not be removed otherwise.

Ah. I love watching necropsies but the few cruelty ones I've seen have been really hard. I wouldn't want to do them often.

Is leaving the garage open the house/condo equivalent of having your fly unzipped?

I'm glad work affords me the time to ask these important questions.

I love answering the phone and hearing an automated voice say "This is an important message - do not hang up!"

Oh, you cheerful little computer voice. It's cute how you think that'll work on me :rolleyes:.

I love answering the phone and hearing an automated voice say "This is an important message - do not hang up!"

Oh, you cheerful little computer voice. It's cute how you think that'll work on me :rolleyes:.

I keep getting 2837392 phone calls about how "Congratulations! --sketchy company-- has looked at your credit history and you have qualified for a reduced rate for your student loans. Call back this number to talk to someone about changing your loans to --sketchy company-- loans and taking advantage of this FANTASTIC special offer."

Thanks computer voice, but I think I'll stick with the federal government.

My boss fell for a scam on Saturday at work. A very foreign-sounding person called and said there was a problem with our power bill payments, and that our power would be shut off within an hour if she didn't pay ~1,000 dollars cash. She spent a lot of time cussing people out on the phone and then they told her should could pay before day-end, and they'd keep the power on.

A couple of us told her it sounded like a scam, but she was unconvinced and was fully intending to send the money. Then a man was in around 7 pm to pick up his dog, and he said it sounded suspicious, and I guess his word was better than the staff and female clients who said the same thing earlier. :rolleyes:

My boss fell for a scam on Saturday at work. A very foreign-sounding person called and said there was a problem with our power bill payments, and that our power would be shut off within an hour if she didn't pay ~1,000 dollars cash. She spent a lot of time cussing people out on the phone and then they told her should could pay before day-end, and they'd keep the power on.

A couple of us told her it sounded like a scam, but she was unconvinced and was fully intending to send the money. Then a man was in around 7 pm to pick up his dog, and he said it sounded suspicious, and I guess his word was better than the staff and female clients who said the same thing earlier. :rolleyes:
My rule of thumb for calls like this is to hang up and call my provider directly. There is no company on earth that will suddenly have no idea what you're talking about if you hang up and call a different line to the same company, but scammers try to discourage that kind of thing because they only operate the one phone number.

Also, speaking as a person whose irresponsible family have had services shut off before, companies don't waste the time to call you same day. They send millions of letters for a million months and the shut off date is posted in those pretty prominently. Unless your boss had been delinquent on payments for a long time I really wouldn't have expected a shutoff notice of any kind.

IRS scammers pull this BS all of the time too, and to my knowledge the IRS never even calls anybody anyway. I think they successfully complete their scams by creating a false sense of urgency on the phone. But then again it should be clear that it's a scam when the power company/IRS/whatever asks for money wires/money orders/cash/etc.