RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yikes! We had a giant german shepherd (112lbbs) do this from the shelter I work for. The family that adopted him said that one day he just snapped and tried to kill them they managed to use a matress to get him in a bathroom until AC could come and traquilize him. It was later determined that he had a huge brain tumor. Sad day.

I was attacked by my sister's dog when I was 17 (had to have my top lip reconstructed as it was gone) and he had a brain tumor. In retrospect I feel awful for him.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I'm struggling to get a B in my animal science class. I'll have to do almost perfect to get that. I don't know what the problem is, but I just can't seem to do good in that class. It's really not even that hard.

But this will bring me under a 3.0, which is the minimum GPA for the bet school guarantee program and to get HOPE in Georgia. My mom will be pissed, because she might not be able to pay for my classes and doesn't want to let me take out loans. I guess I can do that without her, too, but still.

I'm trying to find a job now for the summer and hope that I can make enough money for next semester at least.

I'm so mad at myself.
Hey now, **** happens. Do well next semester and pull your grades back up so you can get the HOPE again!

I was attacked by my sister's dog when I was 17 (had to have my top lip reconstructed as it was gone) and he had a brain tumor. In retrospect I feel awful for him.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
My dog actually attacked me and one of my other dogs not too long ago and we had to euthanize him. We're pretty sure this is what was going on with him as well.

Hence the reason I've been MIA from SDN for awhile....Sad day :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Allergies. FML.
They've been so bad the past few days its making everything take twice as long as usual. And my usual drugs (aka, the only ones I can take and still function) aren't working as well as they usually do.

Allergies. FML.
They've been so bad the past few days its making everything take twice as long as usual. And my usual drugs (aka, the only ones I can take and still function) aren't working as well as they usually do.

What do you take?
Thankfully I've started to do better since we're getting out of my season, but there was about a week where even my combo (zyrtec, singulair, nasonex) had me taking a benadryl at night because if I was asleep I wouldn't be going through a box of kleenex an hour and wanting to rub my eyes out. (And I'm doing much better this year, after skipping meds a few nights last year because of senior week pre-graduation...)
Though, I learned the hard way a few years ago that if I take zyrtec/singulair any time other than before bed, I sleep through the day.

I feel your pain, though, and hope things clear up soon for you.

What do you take?
Thankfully I've started to do better since we're getting out of my season, but there was about a week where even my combo (zyrtec, singulair, nasonex) had me taking a benadryl at night because if I was asleep I wouldn't be going through a box of kleenex an hour and wanting to rub my eyes out. (And I'm doing much better this year, after skipping meds a few nights last year because of senior week pre-graduation...)
Though, I learned the hard way a few years ago that if I take zyrtec/singulair any time other than before bed, I sleep through the day.

I feel your pain, though, and hope things clear up soon for you.

Only thing that doesn't knock me out / make me hallucinate / other unsavory side effects is children's dimetapp, the cold and allergy version. (I can't even take plain old benadryl without horrible reactions, if that tells you anything, haha)

Only thing that doesn't knock me out / make me hallucinate / other unsavory side effects is children's dimetapp, the cold and allergy version. (I can't even take plain old benadryl without horrible reactions, if that tells you anything, haha)

Oh gosh, that sounds really unfun (yes, it's going to be a word) every spring. Totally get your complete frustration now. I hope the weather changes soon enough to give you some quick relief.

Edit to last night's rant:
My dog is eating! I made my Mom boil hamburger meat and steamed rice to give her. She said she put some beef broth with dog food into the mix and she ate it! :D:DYay!!

Edit to last night's rant:
My dog is eating! I made my Mom boil hamburger meat and steamed rice to give her. She said she put some beef broth with dog food into the mix and she ate it! :D:DYay!!
Psilo!! That is wonderful!! I am so glad your pup is eating.

sometimes I miss Bisbee :lame:
And where in the world has Sunnex been? Biz just got accepted and peaced out?!!;):whoa::nono:

Why does my roommate need to talk to her mother for hours on end 3+ x a day? I hear the same convo over and over and over :bang:

Something an actual person just said to me in an interview for a summer job: "So I see that you're going to be attending veterinary school, is that like something you take online?":bang:
Yup, cuz getting a DVM is just like taking some classes from the University of Phoenix or something. Actually I realized that I wanted to be a vet because I took an online quiz that matched up my skill set to the right online college. :annoyed:
(No offense intended to actual University of Phoenix students or classes)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My dog actually attacked me and one of my other dogs not too long ago and we had to euthanize him. We're pretty sure this is what was going on with him as well.

Hence the reason I've been MIA from SDN for awhile....Sad day :(
I'm so sorry. That really sucks.

Something an actual person just said to me in an interview for a summer job: "So I see that you're going to be attending veterinary school, is that like something you take online?":bang:
Yup, cuz getting a DVM is just like taking some classes from the University of Phoenix or something. Actually I realized that I wanted to be a vet because I took an online quiz that matched up my skill set to the right online college. :annoyed:
:wtf:

I can relate....
My co-worker: "My niece wants to be a veterinarian! She's not very book smart, but she's gonna make a great vet." :shifty:

My other co-worker: "Oh my wife's sister is going to veterinary school at Onondaga Community College." (she's taking an intro to animal science... that = vet school I guess).:annoyed:

My boyfriend's mother "Can't you just ask to take the classes online so you don't have to leave" AND "Hunny, why don't you just call them and tell them you won't be able to start until December"
:bang:

:slap::poke::whistle:

I can relate....
My co-worker: "My niece wants to be a veterinarian! She's not very book smart, but she's gonna make a great vet." :shifty:

My other co-worker: "Oh my wife's sister is going to veterinary school at Onondaga Community College." (she's taking an intro to animal science... that = vet school I guess).:annoyed:

My boyfriend's mother "Can't you just ask to take the classes online so you don't have to leave" AND "Hunny, why don't you just call them and tell them you won't be able to start until December"
:bang:

:slap::poke::whistle:
People have NO clue!!!! :uhno:
Last week I got: "So it took you so long to get on the path to vet school now you can't even get in?" At first I was like :cry: Now I'm like :diebanana:

Thanks CanHardlyWait.

And WTF is wrong with people? I told someone I wanted to go to veterinary school and he said "oh, so you'll be a nurse?" Seriously?

Thanks CanHardlyWait.

And WTF is wrong with people? I told someone I wanted to go to veterinary school and he said "oh, so you'll be a nurse?" Seriously?

My grandma yells at me all the time "You should go be a nurse so you can make money"
(She's may actually be on to something now-a-days) ;)

Sorry to hear about your pup, Finnerma :(. Did you get hurt bad?:confused:

Last week I got: "So it took you so long to get on the path to vet school now you can't even get in?" At first I was like :cry: Now I'm like :diebanana:
This one still makes me mad! I was so fired up when you told me that. Grr

I actually have a somewhat similar story about this topic lol.

This really sweet old Italian lady hemmed by interview pants for me on really short notice. She asked what I needed them for and when I told her she said, "Oh you are going to work at the VA hospital?" and I said "No, like cats and dogs, VETERINARY school" and she said "Oh I didn't know they took care of cats and dogs at the VA" ... I just said "Yep" lol
haha she was sweet so I thought it was kind of cute :oops:

RANT:

People who FAKE CANCER to get what they want :mad::slap::uhno::wtf::boom:

OMG to all of the above! This must be why people get so upset at the cost of veterinary care. They don't realize that vets are actual doctors who spent years of their lives (and no small amount of money) to become well educated,capable health care providers.
I'm sure I won't get the job because I responded "Um no, it's a 4 year medical program that I'll be moving away for, so that I can attend classes in person". Subtlety is not a virtue that I possess.

My iphone went from being unlocked to locked overnight and now it won't recognize my SIM card. :mad: I did not update the software or anything else. ROAR. It was supposed to be a factory unlocked phone by Apple. The guy at the store I got it at says he has never seen this happen before, but supposedly he can get it re-unlocked for me. He has put in an order for me and it will only take a couple of days and then it will be activated and work. I am skeptical. But he said if for some reason it did not work he would exchange the phone for another unlocked iphone, so he better or I will shank him.
smiley-violent090.gif

On another note - I think I actually managed a 2 day hangover
smiley-sick009.gif

...and my dating life is confusing as all ****e

ok end rant....

OMG especially to this! I'm mad for for you! This person obviously doesn't have any idea of what it takes just to get as far as you have.
But don't worry, you will get in. I can tell from your posts how intelligent you are and what a passion you have for this field. If I, a complete stranger, can tell that from such a little bit of interaction with you, then admission committees will be able to see it in you as well. I have no doubt.

OMG especially to this! I'm mad for for you! This person obviously doesn't have any idea of what it takes just to get as far as you have.
But don't worry, you will get in. I can tell from your posts how intelligent you are and what a passion you have for this field. If I, a complete stranger, can tell that from such a little bit of interaction with you, then admission committees will be able to see it in you as well. I have no doubt.

But you don't have to be intelligent to get into veterinary school :rolleyes:

My grandma yells at me all the time "You should go be a nurse so you can make money"
(She's may actually be on to something now-a-days) ;)

Sorry to hear about your pup, Finnerma :(. Did you get hurt bad?:confused:

Haha you may be right about the nurse thing, but money or not, no way would I be able to stand wiping human butts for a living (no offense to nurses, I know they do much more than that). Cleaning up human bodily fluids = deal breaker.

Thanks Emiloo. It was awful. He was the gentlest, kindest boy, I know something was seriously wrong. I hope he's feeling good over the bridge now, poor guy.

I had several puncture wounds on my arm (one all the way to the bone), although I didn't get hurt as badly as my other dog. He had to have emergency surgery to take care of all the puncture wounds, and then had to have a mass removed from his chest a few weeks later. The mass turned out to be some type of reaction to one of the bites (not an infection, basically fatty tissue with fibrous connective tissue through it as a result of the trauma to the area). He had his sutures removed Friday and oh is he glad to be out of the e collar! He's a new man.

Work sucks today. We had 2 hospitalized pets needing treatment first thing this am, 6 surgeries to check in, two walk ins all between 7:30am and 8am. Then we had appointments starting first thing at 8am. We didn't get started on surgeries until 10am (an hour and a half late). Then out first surgery nearly bled out. It is only lunch time, the day still isn't over. :bang:

Haha you may be right about the nurse thing, but money or not, no way would I be able to stand wiping human butts for a living (no offense to nurses, I know they do much more than that). Cleaning up human bodily fluids = deal breaker.

Thanks Emiloo. It was awful. He was the gentlest, kindest boy, I know something was seriously wrong. I hope he's feeling good over the bridge now, poor guy.

I had several puncture wounds on my arm (one all the way to the bone), although I didn't get hurt as badly as my other dog. He had to have emergency surgery to take care of all the puncture wounds, and then had to have a mass removed from his chest a few weeks later. The mass turned out to be some type of reaction to one of the bites (not an infection, basically fatty tissue with fibrous connective tissue through it as a result of the trauma to the area). He had his sutures removed Friday and oh is he glad to be out of the e collar! He's a new man.

Ugh that's just so terrible on so many levels :(. Glad everyone is doing better.
And yeah, I couldn't do nursing for the exact same reason. My cousin is a brilliant nurse that makes awesome money, but it is definitely not for me. And I'm obviously not going to vet school for the money, I just could never imagine being happy doing anything else. :love:

Thank you! :oops: I was having a rough time believing any of this last week. But I am a pit bull with a bone!! I will not let go!! :p

You better mean that last statement in a nice way or I will bite you. :mad:

She meant she's determined and once she grabs onto something, she doesn't let go... a great trait of a pitbull if you ask me :) I've heard that saying many times, and its always a good thing :thumbup:

Not everyone who says that means it in a good way, so just had to check. My bite is way worse than my pit bulls - I am much more dangerous.

especially today :smuggrin:
I work low cost vaccine clinics and I actually give a sigh of relief when my next patient is a pit because it is going to be a nice dog (have met only one people-aggressive pit). I actually met a pit/mastiff mix on Saturday named Zero that I want to steal and make mine :p He was so freaking adorable. I would own (or two or three) one now but I live in a teensy apartment so have a dachshund instead lol

not a particularly angry rant but a rant nonetheless...
i wanted to respond to a recent post that included the word "alot" with this: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

but i thought it might seem insensitive.

so, rant is essentially GRRRRR it's A *space* LOT. two words.

but maybe disregard the lack of capitalization/general grammatical issues in this post... :p
We all have our pet peeves lol. Mine are your and you're, too and to and there, their and they're. (Totally hypocritical because I am sure I make mistakes all the time!) (Or alot if it were...)

I work low cost vaccine clinics and I actually give a sigh of relief when my next patient is a pit because it is going to be a nice dog (have met only one people-aggressive pit). I actually met a pit/mastiff mix on Saturday named Zero that I want to steal and make mine :p He was so freaking adorable. I would own (or two or three) one now but I live in a teensy apartment so have a dachshund instead lol

The black one in my avatar is a pit/mastiff mix :). I :love: him. I'm hoping he doesn't look too pitty though since my apartment complex won't allow them :mad:.

What do y'all think? (His papers say mastiff/lab, but he is MOST DEFINITELY a pitty :D)
Think I can get away with him being mastiff/lab? :confused:

The black one in my avatar is a pit/mastiff mix :). I :love: him. I'm hoping he doesn't look too pitty though since my apartment complex won't allow them :mad:.

What do y'all think? (His papers say mastiff/lab, but he is MOST DEFINITELY a pitty :D)
Think I can get away with him being mastiff/lab? :confused:
I think you totally can!! You can definitely see the mastiff and the pit is a lot more subtle, and people who don't know breeds have no clue! :D

I think you totally can!! You can definitely see the mastiff and the pit is a lot more subtle, and people who don't know breeds have no clue! :D

He mostly just has a pit personality... a huge one lol, and that tight muscular body. It's not the greatest picture of him, but his head is hilariously huge for his body :laugh:.
It's so annoying that we are still dealing with breed restrictions :(. I sort of, kind of, maybe just a little bit, understand that it's the insurance companies... but is still makes me mad :mad: