RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does one "accidently" turn off monitoring equipment?

:bullcrap:

The same way one accidentally breaks into your drawer to steal your drug key :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

I've tried to cut out all snacks (I'm a nosher) in an attempt to lose weight. I've been 95% successful for the past month, and I haven't lost anything. WTF?

I've tried to cut out all snacks (I'm a nosher) in an attempt to lose weight. I've been 95% successful for the past month, and I haven't lost anything. WTF?

That didn't really help me either, but what did help me lose a ton of weight was deciding to not drink soda anymore. I only drank water, milk, juice, etc. No soda at all. It was great.

Of course, after a while I started with sweet tea. "It's not soda.." So yea, I'm back to where I was before. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
That didn't really help me either, but what did help me lose a ton of weight was deciding to not drink soda anymore. I only drank water, milk, juice, etc. No soda at all. It was great.

Of course, after a while I started with sweet tea. "It's not soda.." So yea, I'm back to where I was before. :laugh:

I don't really drink soda either :confused:. :(:(:(:(

I think I'm going to try the Couch 2 5K. I've always wanted to 'run' but my exercise-induced headaches make me cringe when I think about it.

This only works if you don't make up for the snacks in what you are eating at mealtime...if you are hungrier at meals and eat more it won't have an effect - and in fact some say you're better off eating smaller stuff more frequently. To be honest, the latter works better for me. Eat something small often enough that I'm not so hungry by the time I get to sit down and eat a meal that I stuff myself.

This only works if you don't make up for the snacks in what you are eating at mealtime...if you are hungrier at meals and eat more it won't have an effect - and in fact some say you're better off eating smaller stuff more frequently. To be honest, the latter works better for me. Eat something small often enough that I'm not so hungry by the time I get to sit down and eat a meal that I stuff myself.

Hmm. I don't think I'm eating much more (noticeably, anyway) during meals. I've been trying to eat more fruit (don't like veggies much) instead of the crap. The way I figure, if I replace popcorn and cookies with grapes and strawberries--I should lose weight. Apparently, my body does not think so.

Hmm. I don't think I'm eating much more (noticeably, anyway) during meals. I've been trying to eat more fruit (don't like veggies much) instead of the crap. The way I figure, if I replace popcorn and cookies with grapes and strawberries--I should lose weight. Apparently, my body does not think so.

I need to reboot my effort to lose weight. This past 2 months have been awful. I do the eat a lot of fruit and veggies as snacks too. This week I am meeting up with a personal trainer (only have 3 sessions) to start me on the right foot.

I wish I drank soda just so I could stop drinking soda to lose weight! :D (un)Fortunately I have always hated it. I have tried to cut down on the carbs because omfg I love carb+cheese - brie and crackers, pasta with alfredo sauce, pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches. You name it, if there's anything resembling bread+cheese I love it. I stopped buying pasta, brie, and all other versions (though I still succumb to pizza cravings every so often). Weight hasn't come off. Snarl. :mad: I am trying to increase my time at the gym, and am slowly increasing the distance I run on the treadmill as well as the strength exercises I am doing. I miss having skinny arms and a nice waist!

I need to reboot my effort to lose weight. This past 2 months have been awful. I do the eat a lot of fruit and veggies as snacks too. This week I am meeting up with a personal trainer (only have 3 sessions) to start me on the right foot.
Honestly I only lose a tiny bit when I change my diet (but boy do I gain it, same here the last two months!!!) Exercise is the only way I lose. I'm doing bootcamp at 6am 5 days a week (again) and Zumba 4 days a week. And I have 3 5ks scheduled to run. Really the thing that I could cut out (since the last 2 months) is the alcohol. Drowning sorrows in margaritas is not nice to my waistline. :eek:

I got my first speeding ticket today. Six years without any incidents isn't too bad though.

I got my first speeding ticket today. Six years without any incidents isn't too bad though.

That is pretty good!

So my stomach is upset. So not happy

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I hate trying to lose weight. Definitely put on a few pounds towards the end of this semester and I feel flabby. I've got an elective this week that involves travel, but after that, I am hardcore diet and exercising.
Plus, without school, I have no desire for caffeinated sodas and can majorly cut back on coffee as well. Alcohol on the other hand, will remain a problem :laugh:

Planning some hiking trips, will get in more elliptical time, work on my riding (Aka, lots of sitting trot and no stirrups work in my future). 10 pounds would be great, but at this point, I'd be happy to lose five as long as I can tone up a bit at the same time. So hoping that helps, or the bikini is not going to look good this summer!

I just got my second speeding ticket today.

Darn cameras.... I was only going 12 over its not THAT bad.

I'm not paying it....I will make them serve me...(I will be in a different country by that point).

And our mail was stolen recently (it really was), so I never received the ticket.. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my second speeding ticket today.

Darn cameras.... I was only going 12 over its not THAT bad.

I'm not paying it....I will make them serve me...(I will be in a different country by that point).

And our mail was stolen recently (it really was), so I never received the ticket.. :smuggrin:
Lame. Tickets are so expensive!
That is a thought though. You will be in Scotland. But what about when you come back? I'm curious to know if they would just drop it.

SO MANY RANTS TODAY!!!

One of my least favourite lines from clients (aside from "how much would it cost to euthanase/I have no money/Do you do accounts/So 3 weeks ago.../Is it alright because i did this...") Is:

"If *I* knew what was wrong with *insert animal here* I wouldn't be here would I?"

Thats great, but when you present an 18yo cat to us and tell us its "sick" and you want it "fixed" it would be helpful if you could tell us why you think its sick!!!:mad:

And then when it turns out to be a massively emaciated falling apart cat whose hind end is being extensively eaten out by maggots DONT get mad when we tell you we can't really treat your cat. :mad::mad::mad:
The womans daughter finally convinced her to euth but I was so angry!!! The poor cat had more maggots than I had ever seen in my life and there was SO MUCH tissue damage to its genitals and abdomen!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Maggot cases really get my goat!!!

THEN we had a beautiful GShep mix brought in for dog fight wounds - its LF was all torn up, poor thing was a bit scared and in a fair amount of pain. But it wasn't a bad dog, at all!!! It would let me do heaps of stuff to it, and it was beautiful.
2 other nurses go to put a catheter in it. They decide (for whatever reason I don't know) that they want the dog lying on the ground to do it. So they start yelling at the dog, trying to get it to "drop". Dog doesn't. So instead of going, ok, we'll just put it in sitting up :idea: they decide the dog MUST LIE DOWN!!! So they're forcing this dog onto its side, pulling on its sore leg, yelling at it, and so the poor dog just flips. WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!! Upshot of it all, they end up getting the freaking DOG CATCHERS POLE out and sedating it with domotor. Euuurrrrgghhh. WHYYYYY?!?!?!? Just because you had no patience?! This poor dog has now been ruined for any future veterinary treatments, and it was SO UNNESSERCERRY!!!! Made me so freaking mad the dog was bloody beautiful, they just needed to be patient and work with it instead of against it!!!!

My final rant is that yesterday, during the day, work was really quiet. When I came in at 530pm there were 3 people sitting on the floor feeding 1 dog FFS! And then, at around midnight, I discover we're out of heaps of things and NO restocking and cleaning has been done!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! We were run off our feet most of last night and then I have to restock things at 3am?!?!?! I was so damn mad. Especially since the nurses on the day shift would be the FIRST to bitch if restocking wasn't done by us!!! EUUURRRGGHHH!!!! RAHHHH!!!

ANGRY SUNSHINEVET!!!

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, only my fourth ever post, but I had to jump on the dieting discussion. For the past two months I've been on a diet high (higher than I usually consume) in fruits and veggies and low in carbs and have been losing weight pretty consistently without trying very hard, I haven't changed my exercise routine at all (read: professional couch potato) and I've dropped 13lbs so far :). I've also heard this fruit/veggie diet advice before from a nutritionist who told me about a study at Duke called The Duke Diet. Apparently some researchers at Duke were trying to find a diet that would help lower blood pressure and had a group of subjects that ate predominantly fruit and veggies for their diet, it worked so well that all the subjects started dropping weight and had to have their diet load increased to keep their weights consistent (since that wasn't the variable they were actually trying to study). So basically supplement your diet by eating your little hearts out on fruits and veggies :) (disclaimer: obviously everyone is an individual and I'm no nutritionist, just because it seems to be working for me doesn't mean...well anything. Also, not endorsing any specific diet here, just thought I'd share some advice I've gotten and results I've seen :) )

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, only my second ever post, but I had to jump on the dieting discussion. For the past two months I've been on a diet high (higher than I usually consume) in fruits and veggies and low in carbs and have been losing weight pretty consistently without trying very hard, I haven't changed my exercise routine at all (read: professional couch potato) and I've dropped 13lbs so far :). I've also heard this fruit/veggie diet advice before from a nutritionist who told me about a study at Duke called The Duke Diet. Apparently some researchers at Duke were trying to find a diet that would help lower blood pressure and had a group of subjects that ate predominantly fruit and veggies for their diet, it worked so well that all the subjects started dropping weight and had to have their diet load increased to keep their weights consistent (since that wasn't the variable they were actually trying to study). So basically supplement your diet by eating your little hearts out on fruits and veggies :) (disclaimer: obviously everyone is an individual and I'm no nutritionist, just because it seems to be working for me doesn't mean...well anything. Also, not endorsing any specific diet here, just thought I'd share some advice I've gotten and results I've seen :) )
I totally do this :D Just doesn't seem to work for me if I'm not also moving my booty. LOL Years of experience with my stubborn, chubby-philic body has made me aware that I must sweat. So lame :laugh:

Lol, my weight loss has started to slow down, a combination of remaining a couch potato and being seduced by ginormous cheeseburgers (they call my name I swear it), I know the next step is to add an exercise element and I'm just DREADING it (cue horror movie music).

I just heard I'm making up my exam in an less than an hour and a half. I don't feel any more prepared than I did last week. I heard it's brutal - from people that know what they're doing. I'm terrified. :scared:

Lol, my weight loss has started to slow down, a combination of remaining a couch potato and being seduced by ginormous cheeseburgers (they call my name I swear it), I know the next step is to add an exercise element and I'm just DREADING it (cue horror movie music).

See and for me, the exercise part is the best and easiest part. I just hate having to really think that much about what I eat and when. :laugh:

for the two years I've worked in our lab, I have been working on this paper with one of our lead researchers. It has been submitted to Nature 3 times now, reviewed and sent back with submissions each time. Today marks the third time it has been sent back with revisions. I am literally going to tear my hair out strand by strand every day I have to continue working on it. It's a nightmare, and my boss is going to grind me into the ground for my last month here working on this paper that is never going to get out. :bang: uugggh not a happy camper this morning. Why can't be just submit to a different paper at this point?!?!

Here's a rant that has been boiling for awhile:

Pet weight restrictions in a rental house/apartment. What the crap?

Breed restrictions are BS too, but at least I can see where they are coming from with that (even if it's misguided - breeds in general do have tendencies that make them simliar and that's kind of the point of a breed in the first place...).

But weight restrictions make absolutely no sense at all. Like, I can't conceive of a scenario where the weight of the pet means absolutely anything about its suitability for a living situation. It leads to a lot of misguided ideas which are actually fairly harmful. Like, a Jack Russell Terrier for instance - terrible, awful apartment dog for the average pet owner. But it falls below the weight restrictions for most places, so people think of it as a good breed for apartment living. Conversely I'm sure that a Greyhound would be above restrictions for most places, and as a breed they are some of the absolute laziest indoor dogs.

I say this now because I came across a duplex with a fenced yard that would be perfect to move to if not for the most absurd restriction I've seen yet - dogs below 15 lbs. Honestly? 2 of my CATS weigh more than that (and they aren't fat, just big cats). Now, my SO and I have two dogs between us. His is a 14 year old JRT he got when he lived in an apartment (who is a holy terror, unsocialized, untrained and barky - I hate to say it but I am pretty much just waiting for this dog to croak). Mine is a 35 lb Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, she's deaf and very quiet, and has excellent manners in the house. If I were a landlord I sure as hell know which dog I'd rather have in my place.... :rolleyes:

Mine is a 35 lb Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, she's deaf and very quiet, and has excellent manners in the house. If I were a landlord I sure as hell know which dog I'd rather have in my place.... :rolleyes:

Weight restrictions are crazy, but this is the part I focused on. ^^^^ I have ALWAYS wanted a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever! You have no idea. Super jealous, though I am very very happy with my Old Time Farm Shepherd.

Here's a rant that has been boiling for awhile:

Pet weight restrictions in a rental house/apartment. What the crap?

Breed restrictions are BS too, but at least I can see where they are coming from with that (even if it's misguided - breeds in general do have tendencies that make them simliar and that's kind of the point of a breed in the first place...).

But weight restrictions make absolutely no sense at all. Like, I can't conceive of a scenario where the weight of the pet means absolutely anything about its suitability for a living situation. It leads to a lot of misguided ideas which are actually fairly harmful. Like, a Jack Russell Terrier for instance - terrible, awful apartment dog for the average pet owner. But it falls below the weight restrictions for most places, so people think of it as a good breed for apartment living. Conversely I'm sure that a Greyhound would be above restrictions for most places, and as a breed they are some of the absolute laziest indoor dogs.

I say this now because I came across a duplex with a fenced yard that would be perfect to move to if not for the most absurd restriction I've seen yet - dogs below 15 lbs. Honestly? 2 of my CATS weigh more than that (and they aren't fat, just big cats). Now, my SO and I have two dogs between us. His is a 14 year old JRT he got when he lived in an apartment (who is a holy terror, unsocialized, untrained and barky - I hate to say it but I am pretty much just waiting for this dog to croak). Mine is a 35 lb Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, she's deaf and very quiet, and has excellent manners in the house. If I were a landlord I sure as hell know which dog I'd rather have in my place.... :rolleyes:
I have thin dogs so I definitely benefit from these weight restrictions, BUT I completely agree. Small dogs tend to have more potty issues than bigger dogs, and a lot of small dogs are yappy.

The only case where I understand this, is when there is REAL damage done (like breaking walls down, etc), that is usually a big dog trait. To me, that is so rare, and the other problems so prevalent, it is STUPID though.

On the diet discussion- I really want to get back to my Freshman figure of 5 years ago before my trip to Mexico in August, which means loosing 35 lbs. I have been working out almost every day (ask the fitocracy peeps ;), nad have drastically reduced my soda and snack capacity. I can run 4 miles easily and bike 20 miles. I lift weights, elliptical, stair master. Unfortunatly My family loves to eat and eat out and the past few weekends and next few are big events involving food. I just can't resist it, and I know my weight loss will suffer. I also hate all of my family knowing that I am on a diet. I lost a lb two weeks ago and gained 2 last week! So frustrating! I feel like the only thing to do is starve during the week.

On the diet discussion- I really want to get back to my Freshman figure of 5 years ago before my trip to Mexico in August, which means loosing 35 lbs. I have been working out almost every day (ask the fitocracy peeps ;), nad have drastically reduced my soda and snack capacity. I can run 4 miles easily and bike 20 miles. I lift weights, elliptical, stair master. Unfortunatly My family loves to eat and eat out and the past few weekends and next few are big events involving food. I just can't resist it, and I know my weight loss will suffer. I also hate all of my family knowing that I am on a diet. I lost a lb two weeks ago and gained 2 last week! So frustrating! I feel like the only thing to do is starve during the week.

I promised myself I would be better this week in the food department and then went and ate ramen. Ugh. It was delicious. I am planning to up my exercise though. Have a meeting with a trainer this week and I do group classes like stretching, zumba, total body conditioning, and sculpting and toning. Now just to work on food discipline.

and then went and ate ramen. Ugh. It was delicious.

ohhhh wow, ramen. I haven't had that in ages but it sounds sooo good right now. I strain almost all the liquid and then add in butter and 1/2 the seasoning pack. talk about healthy right :smuggrin:? haha probably the main reason why I haven't had it in so long!

ohhhh wow, ramen. I haven't had that in ages but it sounds sooo good right now. I strain almost all the liquid and then add in butter and 1/2 the seasoning pack. talk about healthy right :smuggrin:? haha probably the main reason why I haven't had it in so long!

Yeah this is at a little Korean restaurant. I had chicken Katsu ramen. Basically the ramen noodles with a breaded chicken breast and veggies. Also had a side of kimchi.

Situation at work today that could have been handled much better but our management was stupid and didn't handle it the way it should have been weeks ago and now we are short staffed today. Way to go idiot management.

i recently figured out that if i strained off all the hot water at the end and re-added the amount of cold, that i could eat it without burning my mouth :smuggrin: its still hot, it's just not boiling hot

I always add an egg too! Makes it thicker and gives it a richer taste. mmm

Job situation is still a mess and I will continue to complain about it because I literally cannot stand doing nothing all day. Stopped by the SA place and they were so excited that I'd be available but I'm only on one day this week. Decided to keep my interview with the dog walking people in case SA work doesn't pan out to 2-4d/week. Hoping they'll start to work me into the schedule more. Otherwise, I'm calling someone to shadow just to get myself out of this house. I feel so out of sorts :(

Weight restrictions are crazy, but this is the part I focused on. ^^^^ I have ALWAYS wanted a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever! You have no idea. Super jealous, though I am very very happy with my Old Time Farm Shepherd.

I love my Toller pup (just turned 1 year old a couple weeks ago!). She's on the lanky side for a Toller and her coat isn't quite so fluffy - people who are unfamiliar with the breed (aka most people I see haha) usually assume she is a retriever/shepherd mix of some kind. Which if you follow the origins of the breed, isn't actually too far from reality, though there was some spaniel thrown in there with the farm collie and generic retrievers. Honestly I'm more partial to the herding dogs than the retrieving ones anyway so it doesn't bother me any that she is kinda more like them!

She's got lots of energy but knows when to tone it down in the house plus she's crated or in an ex-pen when I'm not there or sleeping anyway so she doesn't have a chance to do anything destructive!

Of course, she is probably the absolute smallest dog that I would ever own, so maybe that's why I'm so miffed about the dog size thing. Nothing to do with temperament, absolutely nothinggggg

Dear vet school,

Your wedding gift sucks. 3 tests and a quiz in the week leading up to the wedding, and another test 2 days after? None of those were in my registry. Kindly return them.

Regards,

Scb44f

Dear vet school,

Your wedding gift sucks. 3 tests and a quiz in the week leading up to the wedding, and another test 2 days after? None of those were in my registry. Kindly return them.

Regards,

Scb44f

You can always count on vet school to not follow the instructions in the invitation... :mad:

You can always count on vet school to not follow the instructions in the invitation... :mad:

I expected a small rebellion, but not one of this magnitude!

Dear Management,

When an employee comes to you while you are putting together the schedule for the month of May and states that they have jury duty on x day, it is wise to NOT schedule them to work that day. Yes, I understand that there is the slight chance they may not end up having to go but it is not worth taking that chance especially when there were 2 other employees you could have scheduled in her place today. But NO since you were stupid not only did we have a technician call in sick (how many times this new tech has called in sick is a rant of its own) but we also had to allow this tech to leave for her jury duty then you want ME to stay late because YOU were stupid and didn't give her the day off. HELL NO!! You can learn from your damn mistakes, I am sick of working my ass off and covering your stupidity. It was bad enough that I had to try to work out lunches amongst the 4 techs that were remaining along with a full schedule of appointments and endless walk-ins. (You should have really provided lunch today as well since the last techs didn't get to head to lunch until almost 4PM and one of them had been there since 7AM and I cut my lunch in half just so I could get the other techs to lunch more quickly). I really do not appreciate having to juggle a full schedule, tech lunches, and management errors when the manager gets to take off early and leave the insanity of the clinic to go "do something else". :mad:

To top it all off: You have now made the tech who had jury duty feel bad about having to leave us early when we were already short-staffed. She feels like this is her fault (when it is not) and is afraid she is going to get a write up for it. She had better put her foot down and refuse that write-up if it does happen because that will be complete bull ****. Unfortunately, she is not very good at sticking up for herself so you will probably be able to back her into a corner and make her feel like she really did something wrong when she didn't. :mad::mad:

Pissed off at the poor decisions today.

Still. At. Work.

I missed my gym time today because my co-worker didn't tell me that she was "leaving early" until her departure was so close that I wouldn't have time to dress out, walk to the gym,work out and get back (we get an hour, she was leaving in 40 min) If she'd told me 7 hours earlier when we came on shift, I'd have gone earlier in the day :mad:

And weight loss is much harder this year than last year. I've got 5lb left to lose and it is taking forever.

I kind of hate my bf right now. Yesterday, he all of a sudden decided not to come pick me up to go to the viewing. Today, somebody could take me home to go to the funeral, but I have my chem final tonight and am scared I'd miss it. And I can't move the final, because I'm leaving for Germany tomorrow and they won't let us take it early.

He keeps telling me that the guy knows I wanted to say bye. He knows I miss him. But as silly as it sounds, it'd be much easier for me if I could just go and say bye that way. Now I just feel like I didn't try hard enough to come see him.

There's been some troubling between us because of my bf drinking. Stuff happened that makes me nervous being around him when he's drinking. It started like 2 weeks ago, but it's definitely long enough to know I don't want that anymore. I told him now that he needs to decide what's more important: me or drinking (at least not drink when around me). I said we'll talk about it when I get home after my final. I'm a bit nervous about it. :(

And then my shower drain clogged, suddenly and completely, while I was rinsing saddle pads to put in the wash. So my shower tub is filled with a layer of dirty, horse-hairy water. And I can't get a plastic snake down the drain, or an auger, and the Liquid Plumr isn't doing jack. And my landlord isn't answering her phone.

Hooray, what a fun day off! :mad:

subconscious! it is *not* okay to ignore multiple alarms and a nice night's sleep when the final starts at 9. i do not appreciate waking up 30 minutes after the exam begins. you are on notice, DO NOT let it happen again. :mad: at least it was a "good" final for that to happen for:rolleyes:

OMG I've had the RMV on hold with their annoying music blasting out on speaker phone for the past half hour hoping their real person would pick up at some point. I never got my freaking registration renewal papers or decal!!!! Graaawwwwwrrrrrr!!! How can they tell me it's illegal to not have it in your car if they don't send it to meeeeeee????

There's been some troubling between us because of my bf drinking. Stuff happened that makes me nervous being around him when he's drinking. It started like 2 weeks ago, but it's definitely long enough to know I don't want that anymore. I told him now that he needs to decide what's more important: me or drinking (at least not drink when around me). I said we'll talk about it when I get home after my final. I'm a bit nervous about it. :(

As far as the funeral stuff- boys can be extremely private when it comes to grieving. When my bf lost his mentor he was really quiet and distant for weeks. You just have to figure out if him acting strange in because of this or because he is being a jerk.
As far as the drinking- If you are really afraid to be around him when he is drunk, then you might want to get some distance. The odds of him getting drunk around you at some point in the future are good unless he totaly swears off all alcohol for you.

Good luck lady! I know talking about this stuff is hard, but your needs are important!

I know this person was very important to him. He lived with that family for a few years. But he also knows he was important to me. :(

He's quit before after getting a DUI. But now he's getting back to where it was before. No driving anymore, thank god though. And he was never mean before. That just started now.

But it needs to stop and he needs to understand that. We're gonna talk about it today. I'm leaving tomorrow for Germany for two weeks. I think that might be good for us to be apart for a few days.

I should have ranted about this while ago because its been festering for a long time. Last year I went to apply for a job at a vet clinic so that I could get experience for Vet school...The first thing the female vet told me was that I needed to wear more make up...That she requires all of her vet techs to wear make up....I mean really how professional is that?? I not making myself look like a Fashion model to take care of animals, and I have skin issues and can't wear a lot of make up.....and to follow that up I told the Vet I had never done any of that stuff before she hired me...On the first day of trying to do things she starts yelling at me to them faster when I have never done them before!! She apologized later, but really it was very rude and not a good way to keep new Technicians. I also had never had a job that involved standing up for 10 hours without much of a break, and she yelled at me for sitting down to unpack boxes. Then she scolded me for not wearing glasses...I am near sited and can't see far away....They had their heart monitor for surgeries set up over 25 feet away in another room....you would except the monitors would be at a close range next to the surgery area. :confused::scared:....Well anyway I didn't last there more then 2 days before we both decided it wasn't going to work out.
The place I am volunteering at now is great, the vets are really awesome and really helpful and very patient. I do get a little annoyed when the Technicians start trying to pawn off their jobs on me....

I should have ranted about this while ago because its been festering for a long time. Last year I went to apply for a job at a vet clinic so that I could get experience for Vet school...The first thing the female vet told me was that I needed to wear more make up...That she requires all of her vet techs to wear make up....I mean really how professional is that?? I not making myself look like a Fashion model to take care of animals, and I have skin issues and can't wear a lot of make up.....and to follow that up I told the Vet I had never done any of that stuff before she hired me...On the first day of trying to do things she starts yelling at me to them faster when I have never done them before!! She apologized later, but really it was very rude and not a good way to keep new Technicians. I also had never had a job that involved standing up for 10 hours without much of a break, and she yelled at me for sitting down to unpack boxes. Then she scolded me for not wearing glasses...I am near sited and can't see far away....They had their heart monitor for surgeries set up over 25 feet away in another room....you would except the monitors would be at a close range next to the surgery area. :confused::scared:....Well anyway I didn't last there more then 2 days before we both decided it wasn't going to work out.
The place I am volunteering at now is great, the vets are really awesome and really helpful and very patient. I do get a little annoyed when the Technicians start trying to pawn off their jobs on me....

That is a scary experience. :scared: Glad you are at a place you like now.