RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is what everyone tells me. I don't care. I'm not 30+ yet :rage:

When you're really really old like @StartingoverVet and @LetItSnow. I can't wait! :oldman:
No you are not, but think of it this way, you trade off looking a tiny bit younger now to look a lot younger later. You will thank your genetics eventually :p. And yeah, I can't even picture that time in my life, it is just soooo many ages away :p

Members don't see this ad.

Impressive. I am pretty sure that makes you win at life when you are 30+ :p.

But yeah being an adult sucks, too much errands and too much money spent. When does it go back to being minimal responsibility and everything provided for you? :p
When you marry someone who makes bank :p

Reactions: 1 user
No you are not, but think of it this way, you trade off looking a tiny bit younger now to look a lot younger later. You will thank your genetics eventually :p. And yeah, I can't even picture that time in my life, it is just soooo many ages away :p
Fine, but I will curse them until then :D I can't imagine being old either... Maybe I'll never be old :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of apartments do that actually.
Really? How do you know it's not a scam though, if all you've seen is a website or online ad? I'm just asking because I've never been in that situation, trying to rent a place from far away.

Somehow I stopped getting carded recently, and I'm not happy about that. I looked young for a long time, and kept getting asked what high school I go to. Now I go places that card if you look under 30 or so, and some people don't card me. Apparently I skipped right by looking in my 20's. :lame:

Really? How do you know it's not a scam though, if all you've seen is a website or online ad? I'm just asking because I've never been in that situation, trying to rent a place from far away.
Exactly. I've talked to the homeowner on the phone and she seems nice but it's not like I have any binding legal documents from her, nor have I seen the place in person (only pictures). Just seems shady.

Somehow I stopped getting carded recently, and I'm not happy about that. I looked young for a long time, and kept getting asked what high school I go to. Now I go places that card if you look under 30 or so, and some people don't card me. Apparently I skipped right by looking in my 20's. :lame:
WTF. That's so unfair. Watch this happen to me. Then all the people who said "You'll appreciate it when you're 30" can suck it.

Exactly. I've talked to the homeowner on the phone and she seems nice but it's not like I have any binding legal documents from her, nor have I seen the place in person (only pictures). Just seems shady.
Try and get ahold of other people who have been in the apartment.

I am still getting carded at 26. I am starting to reach the point of "woohooo! I still look young!" ;)

Fine, but I will curse them until then :D I can't imagine being old either... Maybe I'll never be old :eek:
Swings - yeah like that will happen lol. I just find the idea of someone not being in debt appealing, let alone then actually having a few extra bucks...

And WZ, trust me it could be worse. I am only 21, and it's about 50/50 for me getting carded already :/.

Members don't see this ad :)
@WildZoo , I got asked the other day what high school I go to. I was like... :wtf:
Right after I graduated college, people would ask what I was up to or whatever, and I'd say, "Oh I just graduated... etc. etc." And they ask, "Oh, so what college are you going to?" :smack: "Uh, no I just graduated from college..."

I never thought I looked that young until every client proceeded to tell me I seem too young to be a dr. I get carded pretty often still but lots of places here require it by law if you're under 40

I haven't gotten carded in a long time and I'm 22...and I used to get carded last year when I was 21. It makes me upset too, haha. I don't look that old!

I don't really do any of the fancy face creams/age "reducing" creams, etc.

I also rarely wear make-up, don't tan and avoid too much sun/sunburns.

I don't really do any of the fancy face creams/age "reducing" creams, etc.

I also rarely wear make-up, don't tan and avoid too much sun/sunburns.

Same. I figure all those expensive creams only reduce the size of your bank account. I also have reasonably good genetics, in that I look just like my mom and at 63, I've seen lots of 50 year olds that look older than she does.

Same. I figure all those expensive creams only reduce the size of your bank account. I also have reasonably good genetics, in that I look just like my mom and at 63, I've seen lots of 50 year olds that look older than she does.

Same. I look just like my mom as well. She is 47, but looks more to be in her 30's.

Depends on what you get.

I think the majority of them are mostly a scam.

However, I swear by this one company called Skoah. Expensive, but very natural and makes your skin feel amazing. :)

It's more specialized creme for your eyes than a real age-reducer, but I'm hoping if I take good care of everything I'll still be the same in 10 yrs.

Depends on what you get.

I think the majority of them are mostly a scam.

However, I swear by this one company called Skoah. Expensive, but very natural and makes your skin feel amazing. :)

I am one of those people that is notoriously bad at using any type of creams/facial washes/etc. I just can't get into the habit. I have a nightly routine and I am kind of set and adding things just does not seem to work. This same thing goes for medications and things. I forget easily to take them as they aren't part of my normal routine.

So, I don't spend $$ on things that I know I won't use or will forget to use.

I am one of those people that is notoriously bad at using any type of creams/facial washes/etc. I just can't get into the habit. I have a nightly routine and I am kind of set and adding things just does not seem to work. This same thing goes for medications and things. I forget easily to take them as they aren't part of my normal routine.

So, I don't spend $$ on things that I know I won't use or will forget to use.

At least you know that. My sister will drop serious cash on stuff and then not follow through. Being honest about what you will or won't do is definitely the best.

A couple months ago I started having issues with eczema, so I have to be careful with what I use on my skin now, especially on my face and around my eyes, or else I'll wake up all red and puffy. Got a prescription moisturizer and ointment from my doctor and besides those two things I only use a very basic cleanser that has pretty much nothing in it.

Thank god I've never had a reaction to any of my makeup, I would cry.

Mom's been at the hospital all day with shortness of breath, feeling faint and abdominal pain. No idea what's going on, everything coming back clean so far (good, I guess?). She's had ongoing problems with her pancreas, but that seems to be fine this time around. EKG was normal (I'm assuming, I'm getting updates via text from my step-dad), x-rays normal, off for CT scan now. Bugger.

At least you know that. My sister will drop serious cash on stuff and then not follow through. Being honest about what you will or won't do is definitely the best.

My sister will spend $$ on anything that she "wants". She does a lot of online shopping and impulse buying, then ends up returning things within a few days because she needs the $$ for something else that she now wants more.

A couple months ago I started having issues with eczema, so I have to be careful with what I use on my skin now, especially on my face and around my eyes, or else I'll wake up all red and puffy. Got a prescription moisturizer and ointment from my doctor and besides those two things I only use a very basic cleanser that has pretty much nothing in it.

Thank god I've never had a reaction to any of my makeup, I would cry.

I had this one type of skin cleanse that I used every day for years. I used it one night and had a sudden reaction to it. My face turned all red and puffy. Took benadryl right away, but it was still super red and puffy the next morning and super itchy. So more Benadryl in the morning and basically passed out asleep during my 8AM physics lecture. :laugh:

Mom's been at the hospital all day with shortness of breath, feeling faint and abdominal pain. No idea what's going on, everything coming back clean so far (good, I guess?). She's had ongoing problems with her pancreas, but that seems to be fine this time around. EKG was normal (I'm assuming, I'm getting updates via text from my step-dad), x-rays normal, off for CT scan now. Bugger.

Sorry to hear. Hope everything turns out ok and your mom is feeling better soon.

I had this one type of skin cleanse that I used every day for years. I used it one night and had a sudden reaction to it. My face turned all red and puffy. Took benadryl right away, but it was still super red and puffy the next morning and super itchy. So more Benadryl in the morning and basically passed out asleep during my 8AM physics lecture. :laugh:
That stuff is potent! I haven't taken Benadryl in years because it just knocks me right out.

Getting stem cell therapy tomorrow...kind of terrified. Wish me luck! (And I hope it helps...)

I even finally took 50mg of it because my face was so uncomfortable. I can't believe I was insane enough to attempt to sit in a physics lecture like that. :laugh:

I take 50mg of benedryl every night. Does hardly anything for me.

Yeah. It doesn't do anything for my mom when she takes it too. I tell her it is because she has built up a tolerance due to taking it too much. ;)

When I do take it, I am out fast. And it is amazing. :)

Same. I'll take one tablet if I'm having a hard time sleeping but I'll be super groggy and out of it until like noon the next day. It's horrible. First semester first year was rough when I was sick for a solid month and doped up on Nyquil from the night before most mornings.

I take 50mg of benedryl every night. Does hardly anything for me.

the last time I took 25mg of Benadryl there were lions and spiders dancing on the walls/ceiling. And I couldn't stop twitching long enough to actually fall asleep.

needless to say, that was the last time I took Benadryl.

My last remaining great grandmother passed away this morning :( I didn't know her very well, and technically we're not related but it's still heart breaking. :cryi:

the last time I took 25mg of Benadryl there were lions and spiders dancing on the walls/ceiling. And I couldn't stop twitching long enough to actually fall asleep.

needless to say, that was the last time I took Benadryl.
Benadryl does nothing for me, so I was prescribed a slightly stronger sleeping pill once when I had horrible insomnia. It turns out if you don't fall asleep after taking that particular pill, sometimes you start dreaming anyway. There were dragons and snakes just chilling in my room, and inanimate objects were talking to me without making any noise. It was odd. The best part was that my doctor didn't tell me about that potential side effect, but when I contacted his office the next day, he was like "don't worry, that happens with that pill if you can't fall asleep within an hour or so". o_O Thanks for the heads up...

So I'm trying to transfer to a college in FL (PM me if you want a name) because of my dad's deteriorating health, and some of the hoops they want me to jump through are ridiculous.

I might have to take a math placement test despite me being a math major because I didn't take College Algebra specifically. As if Calculus III doesn't qualify me for College Algebra material. x/

I may have to take a semester off to get all the insanity straightened out. I'm just frustrated.

Ugh :( sending good vibes her way.

So I'm trying to transfer to a college in FL (PM me if you want a name) because of my dad's deteriorating health, and some of the hoops they want me to jump through are ridiculous.

I might have to take a math placement test despite me being a math major because I didn't take College Algebra specifically. As if Calculus III doesn't qualify me for College Algebra material. x/

I may have to take a semester off to get all the insanity straightened out. I'm just frustrated.
Hey! A fellow math major. I don't see many of those on here.....
Really sorry that's happening though. I hope it all works out.

First time posting in this thread but I must rant.

Independence Day is great. I love America, too. However, do you have to bring your fireworks right next to a dog park and use them there? Do you have to f--kin use it right when u see a dog there?!
Also, didn't I told you, my lovely SO, that dogs get scared of fireworks, please don't bring her to the dog park tonight?! Why wouldn't you listen to me >_<.

She was fine with the sounds and all before she went out and now she is STILL terrified of everything. I managed to take her out for her walk and she finally drank some water but now she's back under the bed.

I just felt so useless and bad seeing her with those scared eyes, hiding in the closet.

However, do you have to bring your fireworks right next to a dog park and use them there? Do you have to f--kin use it right when u see a dog there?!
Who does that?! That's not okay.

:( Sorry, that's hard seeing your dog afraid and not being able to make her feel better. I hope she relaxes soon.

Another year of rodeo at the Calgary Stampede and another mass of social media fights about animal cruelty.

Just ugh.

So angry. Just got an email from my landlord informing me that I no longer have an apartment for next semester because they've decided to put the property on the market. This is especially infuriating because I turned down the chance to rent an awesome little cottage primarily because I thought it would be easier to return to my old place.

I now have just over a month to find a new apartment. That is not nearly enough time when you live 700 miles away.