RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I ordered one of my boyfriend's Christmas presents on the 4th, and it's still not here yet. :annoyed: Tracking has an estimated delivery date of Monday, and I ordered a couple things for myself too so I could qualify for free shipping, so I can't complain too much. However, I'm going home for Christmas on Saturday, but I had the package shipped to my apartment, so I'll have to make a special trip just to get it. It's not far out of my way, but still... I'm grumpy and impatient! I get spoiled with free 2-day shipping from Amazon Prime. :p
I ordered on of my boyfriend's presents on the 1st, and it isn't going to get here until after January 1st :lame:
Why can't everything ship in two days??

Members don't see this ad.

I was going to get my son a phone for Christmas, but yesterday he completely broke the rules regarding his ipod for the second time this week, and he had only just gotten it back. So now I don't think I should get him a phone at all and I have no idea what to get him as his "major" gift.

Ugh. Feel like crap. Super congested and feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I don't feel feverish or have neck pain, so I don't think it's related to the hamster bite...but I still don't want to be getting sick right before the holidays.

Members don't see this ad :)
that has to do with the way your liver personally processes the drug - i just read an article about this recently, and apparently theres an enormous variation between how people metabolize the drug (and thus whether or not it will make a difference for you). crazy.

Isn't this the current debate with tramadol use in dogs as well? Like theyre unsure how many dogs actually convert to the active metabolite vs the more inactive one? I could be remembering wrong since pharm was last year.

Ugh. Feel like crap. Super congested and feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I don't feel feverish or have neck pain, so I don't think it's related to the hamster bite...but I still don't want to be getting sick right before the holidays.
Thats how i felt the day before the neck pain. I hope its not

Thats how i felt the day before the neck pain. I hope its not

We shall see tomorrow then. I definitely hope not as well as I was planning on spending my day at Starbucks tomorrow doing my biochem final since the internet at home does not allow me to be very productive and I need to look up a bunch of journal articles.

Long story short: Someone picked a fight with me on Facebook. I was told that veterinarians only make less money because they are at a lower social status, like dentists.

And that I will be a "veterinarian, not a doctor." And that "I'll just be a veterinarian, and will have nothing to do with human medicine and have no right asking about their residency problem."

:mad::mad::mad::mad: The professional in me clicked unfriend, but the raging bitch inside of me alllllmost broke free.

Reactions: 2 users
I was going to get my son a phone for Christmas, but yesterday he completely broke the rules regarding his ipod for the second time this week, and he had only just gotten it back. So now I don't think I should get him a phone at all and I have no idea what to get him as his "major" gift.

What my parents would probably have done is still gotten me the phone, let me unwrap it, and then cruelly take it away for two weeks. My parents are awesome, don't get me wrong. But if you screw up, you get to go through a roller coaster of emotional happiness followed by a deep let down. Thankfully, my sister is the one who experienced most of that shananigans.

Reactions: 1 user
Long story short: Someone picked a fight with me on Facebook. I was told that veterinarians only make less money because they are at a lower social status, like dentists.

And that I will be a "veterinarian, not a doctor." And that "I'll just be a veterinarian, and will have nothing to do with human medicine and have no right asking about their residency problem."

:mad::mad::mad::mad: The professional in me clicked unfriend, but the raging bitch inside of me alllllmost broke free.

Definitely just went to your facebook page to see the conversation and was disappointed I couldn't read it.

You have every right to expect him to honor your rules. I think it's perfectly fair to say "Sammy, you got a phone for Christmas. However, since you elected to break the iPad rules, you will not be receiving the phone right away as punishment."

Definitely just went to your facebook page to see the conversation and was disappointed I couldn't read it.
Bahaha you are awesome. It was on the other person's page anyways. Funniest part? The girl who said that vets are low in society and actually THOUGHT I was a veterinarian already with just my BS said "I work with dogs all day, I know about vets." Someone please just get rid of all the stupid

You have every right to expect him to honor your rules. I think it's perfectly fair to say "Sammy, you got a phone for Christmas. However, since you elected to break the iPad rules, you will not be receiving the phone right away as punishment."
200_s.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

wonder how this person manages to distinguish MDs vs PhDs...

i'm currently raging mad over a fb post that essentially said medical professionals are idiots, and that this person with no medical training could do a much better job diagnosing and investigating illnesses. news flash people, common things happen commonly! and clinical decisions are made BASED ON FACTS. patient presents with x,y, and z, and guess what?! thats how the patient will get treated!! someone with the flu isn't going to go to a doctor and be told you have a broken leg. thats not how it works. get your heads out of the dark corner. UGH

Reactions: 1 users
wonder how this person manages to distinguish MDs vs PhDs...

i'm currently raging mad over a fb post that essentially said medical professionals are idiots, and that this person with no medical training could do a much better job diagnosing and investigating illnesses. news flash people, common things happen commonly! and clinical decisions are made BASED ON FACTS. patient presents with x,y, and z, and guess what?! thats how the patient will get treated!! someone with the flu isn't going to go to a doctor and be told you have a broken leg. thats not how it works. get your heads out of the dark corner. UGH
The stupid. It kills me. I try to be patient, but it's so hard when someone is making these awful statements and has very clearly never attempted to research or learn about the very topic they're spewing about.

The stupid. It kills me. I try to be patient, but it's so hard when someone is making these awful statements and has very clearly never attempted to research or learn about the very topic they're spewing about.
i am full of sticking my fingers into pots today, a vet student is currently throwing a perceived fit on facebook about people with emotional support animals. all things considered, lets at least fight about illegal service animals instead of picking at the ethics surrounding whether or not someone should ask their medical professional to write them a letter of prescription to fly or live with a pet (pretty much the only thing you can do with an ESA). ultimately a medical professional is putting their license number on the prescription (except in case of blatant forgeries), whereas service animals are being falsified by lay people all over the place (and service animals have A LOT more privileges. :rolleyes: and i'm not saying ESAs aren't a big issue, but if you're going to pick one to fight over, lets at least fight over the one that people are blatantly and illegally making up directly (rather than through a licensed medical professional)

i am full of sticking my fingers into pots today, a vet student is currently throwing a perceived fit on facebook about people with emotional support animals. all things considered, lets at least fight about illegal service animals instead of picking at the ethics surrounding whether or not someone should ask their medical professional to write them a letter of prescription to fly or live with a pet (pretty much the only thing you can do with an ESA). ultimately a medical professional is putting their license number on the prescription (except in case of blatant forgeries), whereas service animals are being falsified by lay people all over the place (and service animals have A LOT more privileges. :rolleyes: and i'm not saying ESAs aren't a big issue, but if you're going to pick one to fight over, lets at least fight over the one that people are blatantly and illegally making up directly (rather than through a licensed medical professional)
Yeah...to be honest I can't tell you how many people say "Oh, I'll just say my dog is a service dog so she can go anywhere. I'll say I don't always have her wear the vest." I think it's illegal (or most companies do not allow their employees) to request paperwork proof, too.

my frickin' toe.

I smashed it at the bottom of my stairwell over two WEEKS ago, and it has been painful in the distal metatarsal-ish region while weight bearing since. I've worn lots of slippers and other wide shoes to accomodate the little jerk, but it's getting rather old, so today I finally sucked it up and went to get it radiographed.

Results? No fracture or break anywhere. Doctor was just like "well, ice it and keep it buddy taped, not sure what's up with that. Should get better eventually."

Arrrgghhhh! Do you know how much it hurts to wrap a silks footlock when pressure hurts your toe?

3117692084_6dbc9d107f.jpg

Or run? I"m supposed to be training for a half with my roommate and that has been at a complete stand-still. I'm tired of hurting when I walk.

Really starting to feel like we could just amputate the bugger and I'd be better off. :p

I'm seeing this argument on my FB feed now. Small world.

Yeah...to be honest I can't tell you how many people say "Oh, I'll just say my dog is a service dog so she can go anywhere. I'll say I don't always have her wear the vest." I think it's illegal (or most companies do not allow their employees) to request paperwork proof, too.
i *think* you are allowed to ask about what the dog is task trained to do, but no further than that. its also as easy as one two three clicks online to "register" your dog as a "service" dog. with ESAs, you are required to present a letter of prescription. definitely can be forged, definitely can do it online, but many people recognize the names of doctors who write these letters for hire through an online company and refuse them (which is within their legal right). idk, if i was going to pick a fight, i'd do it over falsifying a service animal rather than an ESA. but whatever. she wants to know how people sleep at night having their doctors write them this letter. the real response to this is just fine, because it's the doctor's name and license on that paperwork. with the service animals, its their own true dishonesty.

surprise surprise. my crappy tech called in sick the day before we close for a long weekend.
That sucks... How many does that leave you with?

And scheduled a 3 pm appt even though we close at 1
It will always be a mystery to my why scheduling appts is such a mind boggling task for some people.

That sucks... How many does that leave you with?

It will always be a mystery to my why scheduling appts is such a mind boggling task for some people.
1 tech. We are still pretty small, so it isn't a huge deal. This is just starting to be a habit for him.

I really need to stop trying to educate the general public on Facebook.

I follow a local lost pet page. Someone is currently missing their pet fox. She said that the fox will growl, but won't bite, and she requested that people approach this animal and attempt to restrain it so she can get her pet back. I point out that since the animal has a mouth, it certainly CAN bite, and that caution should be exerted. She says it doesn't matter, since the animal is vaccinated. I inform her that it is great the animal is vaccinated, but the fact that no vaccine is proven effective in a fox will likely earn her a euthanized pet fox if it does bite, assuming someone doesn't shoot it first. She said it will approach people. I bet me next paycheck that the person it approaches will assume it is rabid and grab the shotgun.

Apparently I am a horrible person for letting her know the facts of owning a fox illegally...:rolleyes: That's the risk you take when you choose to keep an un-domesticated animal.

I really need to stop trying to educate the general public on Facebook.

I follow a local lost pet page. Someone is currently missing their pet fox. She said that the fox will growl, but won't bite, and she requested that people approach this animal and attempt to restrain it so she can get her pet back. I point out that since the animal has a mouth, it certainly CAN bite, and that caution should be exerted. She says it doesn't matter, since the animal is vaccinated. I inform her that it is great the animal is vaccinated, but the fact that no vaccine is proven effective in a fox will likely earn her a euthanized pet fox if it does bite, assuming someone doesn't shoot it first. She said it will approach people. I bet me next paycheck that the person it approaches will assume it is rabid and grab the shotgun.

Apparently I am a horrible person for letting her know the facts of owning a fox illegally...:rolleyes: That's the risk you take when you choose to keep an un-domesticated animal.
i...i just...:smack:...no.

i...i just...:smack:...no.
It hurts.

I am now trying to explain the difference between "legally approved" vaccinations and "safe to use" vaccinations. One is proven to provide immunity in a specific animal. The latter won't kill your animal.

"I own a fox, I would know more than you!" Apparently not...

Also, explaining the difference between 'domesticated' and 'tame' gives me great sorrow.

That's great that Webster's dictionary uses the two terms interchangeably. I applaud you for using Google. Tameness can take as little time as a year of raising an orphaned animal. Domestication can take thousands of years.
its better to just not get involved in stuff like that.
You're right, causes nothing but a headache. However, I felt I would be doing a disservice if I didn't at least attempt to warn people that they shouldn't attempt to restrain a wild animal with questionable immunities.

Also, explaining the difference between 'domesticated' and 'tame' gives me great sorrow.

That's great that Webster's dictionary uses the two terms interchangeably. I applaud you for using Google. Tameness can take as little time as a year of raising an orphaned animal. Domestication can take thousands of years.

You're right, causes nothing but a headache. However, I felt I would be doing a disservice if I didn't at least attempt to warn people that they shouldn't attempt to restrain a wild animal with questionable immunities.
dont tell stupid people not to do stupid things, then maybe we could get rid of a few of them!!

Reactions: 2 users
This x356788432468. People are going to say and do stupid crap often especially on social media you are best to just not get too worked up about it. Better to just leave them be.
Yeah...this is my final attempt at sharing my knowledge to help others haha. I would just hate to see someone who has no clue get bitten if I could have prevented it or offered wildlife advice at the very least.

Looks like I'm going have some lame New Year's Eve plans since the bf doesn't want to come up and a lot of my friends from vet school won't be in Philly.

Looks like I'm going have some lame New Year's Eve plans since the bf doesn't want to come up and a lot of my friends from vet school won't be in Philly.

I'm on call for New Years. wasn't supposed to work since I had thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. But I had no plans, so agreed to switch when boss asked. few weeks later, met someone and now when I want to have NYE fun, I can't :(

I'll be ending my first day of a two day drive with my three dogs at my halfway point in a hotel on New Years Eve...

mean while in 4th year land, we're all like OMG a date with my bed?! yess please :D [or maybe thats just me? i'm really excited to go hang out with my bed for the evening though]

I'm on call for New Years. wasn't supposed to work since I had thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. But I had no plans, so agreed to switch when boss asked. few weeks later, met someone and now when I want to have NYE fun, I can't :(
Sooooo glad I won't be on call for NYE. I was on-call for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, and I found myself heading into work both nights.

Perhaps you can have a fun New Year's Day with your new friend? :)
mean while in 4th year land, we're all like OMG a date with my bed?! yess please :D [or maybe thats just me? i'm really excited to go hang out with my bed for the evening though]
Meanwhile, this is me every day since I was five..

Hahaha. I mean, this is also me. Last year my sister came out with a bunch of us and called us all old cause we were like "okay, the ball dropped. Time for bed" and it wad like 12:15. She had just turned 21 and is still in college so she's in prime party mode.

Hahaha. I mean, this is also me. Last year my sister came out with a bunch of us and called us all old cause we were like "okay, the ball dropped. Time for bed" and it wad like 12:15. She had just turned 21 and is still in college so she's in prime party mode.
I'm only 22 and I have never been in party mode :( Part of it is due to my never-ending exhaustion (sleep apnea + mysteries problems). The other part is the fact that college bars/partying have never been my thing. And now I'm in Orlando, where the bars are prime spots for middle aged men to get drunk girls my age. I couldn't even sit down before some creep was on my tail. I prefer to stay home and always have. I think I'm an old soul haha