RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, I've hit my limit for probably the rest of the semester. Someone in our class stole my lab group's fully dissected fresh dog limb. That was our grade. This happened to a few groups. Interestingly, the few limbs that were left unclaimed weren't finished (I'm talking paws left unskinned, just not done at all). So someone claimed it as their own during the grading period. Our professor gave us an hour to redo an entire limb for a grade. :bang::sendoff::rage: He said we could try to go around and find our limb and report what group took it, but they all start to look the same once they're skinned so there was no point. Ugh.
If there is a next time, use nail polish to paint the nails to ID your limb.

I have left cash and other valuables in my mailbox with no problem. The atmosphere here seems very different from what you are describing. Everyone really seems to want to help each other.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If there is a next time, use nail polish to paint the nails to ID your limb.

I have left cash and other valuables in my mailbox with no problem. The atmosphere here seems very different from what you are describing. Everyone really seems to want to help each other.
That's such a good idea! I mean we still use mailboxes to pay club dues, whatever. It's just the whole "don't leave stuff in there" thing. Idk if it's a UIUC thing (McVet has a weird class too), or if we just have bad luck. Our Associate Dean did give a talk on bullying during orientation, though...

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Class dynamics can vary even within a school. Our class was very kumbayah-lets -hold-hands and "who cares how anyone does on the exam as long as we all pass, now let's go get drunk and eat nachos at Hunters!" Other classes were substantially more competitive; there may have been a secret anatomy study club....

Members don't see this ad :)
Look what I started.

*exits stage right

Last edited:
I like to think he created the name with that intention and was disappointed for a long time because no one was getting it
sadly, he admitted to me (when I told him I had been doing that) that he was sad he hadn't thought of it.

@LetItSnow I'm tempted to change the capitalization in your username :p

Reactions: 3 users
sadly, he admitted to me (when I told him I had been doing that) that he was sad he hadn't thought of it.

@LetItSnow I'm tempted to change the capitalization in your username :p

But then wouldn't my username violate some TOS or something? So sad that we can't even enjoy what nature's created here on SDN.

But then wouldn't my username violate some TOS or something? So sad that we can't even enjoy what nature's created here on SDN.

I was going to have a lot more fun in Photoshop with that image, but after 15 min I realized my masterpiece wasn't going to help me on my Micro test I need to study for.

I was going to have a lot more fun in Photoshop with that image, but after 15 min I realized my masterpiece wasn't going to help me on my Micro test I need to study for.

Isn't that the point? Gives you an excuse for the grade later.... "couldn't be helped; was deep in the throes of photoshop - gotta keep priorities straight, after all"....

Reactions: 5 users
When one of your lab instructors tells you and your friend that no one would be able to see the prosections today, and you later walk past and see he is showing other students the prosections himself....

I don't even know who to talk to about this at this point. My friend and I walked by, saw him in there, and were like :eyebrow: And then someone shut the door in our faces. Sure, it could have been much less sneaky than it appeared, but he definitely told us we couldn't see the prosections today. Maybe there was a chance he was showing them something else, but based on how everything else has been going lately...

I don't even know who to talk to about this at this point. My friend and I walked by, saw him in there, and were like :eyebrow: And then someone shut the door in our faces. Sure, it could have been much less sneaky than it appeared, but he definitely told us we couldn't see the prosections today. Maybe there was a chance he was showing them something else, but based on how everything else has been going lately...
Do you have a class academic liaison? We have one, she's a member of our class that serves as the point of contact for any class/professor issues, granted that particular issue may be above her level of authority. If you have one, they may be able to point you in the right direction on whom to contact.

Do you have a class academic liaison? We have one, she's a member of our class that serves as the point of contact for any class/professor issues, granted that particular issue may be above her level of authority. If you have one, they may be able to point you in the right direction on who to contact.
Good idea. From what I understand though, this just seems to be how the class is run. Pretty disappointing overall :( Not that I expected vet school to be fluffy pillows and candy, but still

Maybe they contacted him for additional help? Or maybe they have a learning disability and require extra time or something. Maybe this is also why he said they weren't available?

I try to assume positive especially when I don't know what's really happening.

Reactions: 3 users
Good idea. From what I understand though, this just seems to be how the class is run. Pretty disappointing overall :( Not that I expected vet school to be fluffy pillows and candy, but still
Honestly if some students are given access to information while others are denied, that is a huge issue and it will only be resolved if people challenge it and bring it to the attention of higher powers.

Or what DVMD said, I hadn't thought of that.

Maybe they contacted him for additional help? Or maybe they have a learning disability and require extra time or something. Maybe this is also why he said they weren't available?

I try to assume positive especially when I don't know what's really happening.
Well I actually knew one of the girls in the room at the time and she just verified what was happening, so. Also, if he is going to tell me that "No one can see the prosections today," he shouldn't be allowing certain people to set up appointments to see said prosection without allowing the entire class to do so. That was something that was made clear to our class. Prosections can only be seen during lab period, and then they are locked away outside of lab periods.

Well I actually knew one of the girls in the room at the time and she just verified what was happening, so. Also, if he is going to tell me that "No one can see the prosections today," he shouldn't be allowing certain people to set up appointments to see said prosection without allowing the entire class to do so. That was something that was made clear to our class. Prosections can only be seen during lab period, and then they are locked away outside of lab periods.

Ok, whatever.

Isn't that the point? Gives you an excuse for the grade later.... "couldn't be helped; was deep in the throes of photoshop - gotta keep priorities straight, after all"....

My tuition was about $6,000 this semester. My Microbiology class is roughly 31% of my units, and there are 4 exams in the class. So, I guess we could say this test is worth $465.

Overnight me a check and I'll Photoshop for you all evening :prof:

When one of your lab instructors tells you and your friend that no one would be able to see the prosections today, and you later walk past and see he is showing other students the prosections himself....
:bang:
It really is just so...ugh. I'd be frustrated in your shoes that's for sure.

Updated to iOS 9 because it's the new big thing, yeah?

Well the podcast app is absolute crap. I JUST WANT TO TOUCH THE CLOUD TO DOWNLOAD AN EPISODE. I DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO THE CAST BECAUSE MY FINGERS ARE TOO FAT TO PRESS THE TINY CLOUD OR THE ELLIPSES TO GO TO ANOTHER MENU TO DOWNLOAD AN EPISODE.

But I can't revert back anymore. :(

Updated to iOS 9 because it's the new big thing, yeah?

Well the podcast app is absolute crap. I JUST WANT TO TOUCH THE CLOUD TO DOWNLOAD AN EPISODE. I DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO THE CAST BECAUSE MY FINGERS ARE TOO FAT TO PRESS THE TINY CLOUD OR THE ELLIPSES TO GO TO ANOTHER MENU TO DOWNLOAD AN EPISODE.

But I can't revert back anymore. :(

Oh my goshhhhh I totally agree with you. Also what the hell happened to my music, they made it impossible to listen to my own stuff in an order that I want. I think they just want everyone to switch to apple music.

Glass-Case.gif

Oh my goshhhhh I totally agree with you. Also what the hell happened to my music, they made it impossible to listen to my own stuff in an order that I want. I think they just want everyone to switch to apple music.

Glass-Case.gif
The music app confuses me. I haven't listened to any of my music in weeks. Podcasts for dayyyyyyys.

I'm super worried that I'm going to get a C in Calc II. I didn't do so well on the second test. I'm getting a second chance on the problems I missed and if I do, that will get me up to a B. I'm just worried about the class getting harder and keeping the grade that way. I made an A in Calc I so it'a going to look strange. And it's a 5 credit hour class :nailbiting:

My internmates and I made elaborate plans to get together tonight and celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving (yes, even though only one of us is Canadian and we're in New York). Then I got called in for a 2PM-12AM ER shift.

Sadness.

I just sent an email explaining that I may not be able to teach anymore. I really like teaching but I do a lab class and my joint health is iffy at best. Makes me really sad.

Hi, Furriends. It's Churchill's mama again. Please think good thoughts for us later this afternoon. I'll be taking Churchill to see his favorite vet to help send him on his way to the Bridge.

My very first patient of clinics, who I had in the ICU for two freaking weeks, nursed through dialysis and a bizarre hemoabdomen, and who has been going through chemo for horribly aggressive prostatic cancer... sigh. I'm getting a freaking beer. or three.