Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted with a 47 on the pcat so good luck to those with low pcat =)
Thank you for sharing you pcat score! I feel like my interview went well but I felt like if I don't get accepted it would be because of the pcat!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I had my interview on March 6th at the South Jordan campus and found out on March 13th that I was accepted! Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know a good place to take calculus online? Or campus during summer that is offered before August? Thanks... I live in the sfv in California

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for the hopeful words! It helps! I'm not concerned about my pcat, more on my interview. I thought I walked about feeling ok, but now thinking back I wish I had said more and hadn't said some things! When I walked out from the interview Dean Stolte said you did great and I replied, well now on to the waiting part. He smiled and said we don't keep you waiting for too long. I thought that was a sign but since I didn't hear back early I dont think so anymore haha. Thanks everyone for the supporting words and goodluck to everyone interviewing on the 25th and to those waiting like myself!
Please
Hey everyone! I had my interview on March 6th at the South Jordan campus and found out on March 13th that I was accepted! Good luck to everyone!
would you mind sharing your stats?

hi everyone! choosing between 2 schools right now, roseman being one of them...and i just wanted to know some of the reasons why everyone here is choosing roseman :) thanks!

hi everyone! choosing between 2 schools right now, roseman being one of them...and i just wanted to know some of the reasons why everyone here is choosing roseman :) thanks!
I am because... 1. Block curriculum 2. You start in a pharmacy the first week of school 3. 3 Years instead of 4. 4. After talking to a few of my friends that are in their first year there, They say the professors truly do care about the students and want you to do the best, and will do anything they can to help you get there. Good luck with choosing!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone in Nevada apply for their intern license?

I was told by Dr. Park that we have to wait until orientation to apply for it

Congratulations!! Which campus did you choose to attend?

Does anyone know when would be the latest that we would hear back ? I can't remember if it was mid April or beginning of May?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have a bachelors degree.

oh wow. do you have anything extra you did outside of school? like volunteering/pharm tech/etc.?
and did you finish all your prereqs or do you still have some in progress?

Hey guys I'm coming into this forum pretty late. I have my interview this Thursday at the South Jordan campus. Can anyone that interviewed there reply with who interviewed them and what it was like? Questions?

oh wow. do you have anything extra you did outside of school? like volunteering/pharm tech/etc.?
and did you finish all your prereqs or do you
still have some in progress?

I had community service for 4 years. Yes I am a tech but not working full time as one right now.
No, I'm still working on pre-reqs. Right now I'm taking O-chem1 w/lab and I will take O-chem2 w/lab & public speaking over the summer.

Hey guys I'm coming into this forum pretty late. I have my interview this Thursday at the South Jordan campus. Can anyone that interviewed there reply with who interviewed
them and what it was like? Questions?

First, contrats on getting an interview!
I interviewed at the South Jordan campus with Dr. Fannin and he was awesome. I talked to a few others that had different interviewers and they all said everyone made them feel very comfortable.
Some questions I had were;
Why pharmacy?
Why Roseman?
How do you handle stress?
Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
What does professionalism mean to you?
How would you handle a team member not doing their part?
Why do you want to complete a residency?
You see your best friend cheating on the
assesment... What would you do?

Good luck with your interview on Thursday! My friend is also interviewing that day!

I'm accepted and still in ochem1 and ochem2 over summer. Anyone know any good resources for practice problems for ochem?

hey yea i'm also going to the 3/25 interview in henderson! which hotels are you guys planning to stay? i'm doing the station hotel just because its cheaper vs the marriots..and it's only a few mins farther from the campus. are you guys planning to rent a car there (if you're not from the area)?

yes l have to rent a car since am coming from NYC and don't know my way there. l haven't booked my hotel yet. l will do that this weekend.

@Elly L I didn't see the March 25 option either so I chose March 20 Utah. I'm more interested in seeing the Nevada campus though and I'm flying from California too if I decide to go to the interview.
You're in the same boat as me then! It's a shame, I would have liked to see the Nevada campus to get a feel for it.

I'm staying at Homes2Suites by Hilton the night before (19th) and flying out right after the interview [hopefully I don't miss my 8:20 flight out!] It's like a 10 minute walk from campus so that'll be pretty nice.

I decided to take the next day flight back to CA because I was afraid of missing the flight. Maybe I'll explore the area a bit, I've never been to Utah before. Have a safe flight, and see you guys there on the 20th!

First, contrats on getting an interview!
I interviewed at the South Jordan campus with Dr. Fannin and he was awesome. I talked to a few others that had different interviewers and they all said everyone made them feel very comfortable.
Some questions I had were;
Why pharmacy?
Why Roseman?
How do you handle stress?
Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
What does professionalism mean to you?
How would you handle a team member not doing their part?
Why do you want to complete a residency?
You see your best friend cheating on the
assesment... What would you do?

Good luck with your interview on Thursday! My friend is also interviewing that day!

Thank you so much!! I'm so nervous! This is my first and only interview. I ony applied to Roseman so this is really important for me. Fingers crossed!

Hey everyone! I'm coming into this forum late, but I was wondering if anyone interviewed at the Henderson campus on March 11, and heard back from them yet?

Thank you so much!! I'm so nervous! This is my first and only interview. I ony applied to Roseman so this is really important for me. Fingers crossed!

Don't be nervous! (hard not to be, right?) Just be yourself and you will do great! Let us know how it goes!

Calls have begun for mar 11 interview in Henderson! Just got mine!

Reactions: 2 users

Don't be nervous! (hard not to be, right?) Just be yourself and you will do great! Let us know how it goes!

Withdrew my interview offer yesterday, sorry if it was too late for someone to fill my spot. It was a tough decision.

Does anyone know if Roseman allows extensions to the $1000 deposit deadline?

I'm starting to be worried now. My Interview Was On March 6 But Haven't Heard Any Call. I don't think I did too well on my interview. Finger cross. Hope miracle does happen. Good luck everyone.

Im starting to get worried too, even though my interview was on March 11! >_<

Science GPA= 3.62
Overall GPA = 3.75
PCAT below 50
I think the interview will determine what type person you are. If you have low PCAT do not worry too much because when they called you for interview they know ur PCAT score. So tell them about your self as much u can to make them believe u r a good candidate and be confident. If they ask u about ur PCAT score tell them why I have low, make your own good good reasons whether personal or something else .

Do you mind sharing your stat. ? Thank you. I interviewed on 3/11 also. I have been very anxious....
Gpa 3.4
Sgpa 3.3
Pcat below 50
Experience 2 years
Will have bachelors in May
President of my university's prepharm club (might have helped?)

Last edited:
Has anyone submitted their fafsa yet? I am wondering if anyone knows whether a 22 year old can apply for the loans as an independent if neither parent claimed them this year? I know undergrad required students be claimed by parents until 23... help!

Has anyone submitted their fafsa yet? I am wondering if anyone knows whether a 22 year old can apply for the loans as an independent if neither parent claimed them this year? I know undergrad required students be claimed by parents until 23... help!

Because you are considered as a professional student, you are automatically considered as an independent, so you no longer need your parents info. I hope this helps! And congrats on getting in, I'm still waiting. >_<

Because you are considered as a professional student, you are automatically considered as an independent, so you no longer need your parents info. I hope this helps! And congrats on getting in, I'm still waiting. >_<
perfect! :) that was so much help! thank you mfermin, I wish you luck!

Besides Jennjinx12 and samfn, anyone else got accepted to Roseman from the interview on 3/11?

This waiting thing is terrible!! I had my interview on March 20th and I'm dying to know. Is a week the earliest we would be notified?

Reactions: 1 user
This waiting thing is terrible!! I had my interview on March 20th and I'm dying to know. Is a week the earliest we would be notified?
If you're accepted "early", you will get a call within a week to two weeks.

I hope we hear back soon!! How did everyone's interview go from the 20th in Utah??