Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone have an interview and has still not heard back? I interviewed less than ~2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything even though I see on here some people got acceptances last friday! Should i be worried?

You shouldn't be worried! Admissions meets up every 3rd Thursday of the month and sends out decisions every third Friday. You probably interviewed after their Sept meeting, so you might hear back later this month. Sometimes they meet up on the 4th Thursday instead if they have a lot of events going on or if someone important in admissions is away. Hope this helps! :) Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else IS and complete around 8/26 not hear back yet?

Anyone else IS and complete around 8/26 not hear back yet?

I was complete 8/26 as well and haven't heard back yet. When I asked, I was told that they're really backed up from launching their secondary late. Also, they need to go through and interview all of the Early Decision applicants first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted 8/27, II via phone 10/7, Interview 10/14!! In state applicant

Did anyone receive their acceptance packages yet?

Last edited:
How do I go about updating my application? They make it sound like there is a spot to do this via the online portal but I can't seem to find anywhere to do this. Should I just email my update to their general admissions email?

Same here. I was able to see it bf I submitted my app a few weeks ago, but now it's gone lol.
They told me I could do it on the portal a few days ago when I called them to ask some questions..

Last edited:
For those waiting for a response from an interview. Log onto your AMP, and see if any additional tabs are there.

II this morning! First one!

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take for your letters of recommendation to be received? I sent it through Interfolio a week ago and it still hasn't shown up that they have received it. Should I call or does it normally take this long?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for your letters of recommendation to be received? I sent it through Interfolio a week ago and it still hasn't shown up that they have received it. Should I call or does it normally take this long?

I'm in the same position...just sent my LORs on Friday 10/10 though

Did you send them electronically or snail mail?

I did it electronically, and it said it sent on October 6th.

Everytime I call there has been "no one available to take my call." Anyone else having this issue?... I submitted and paid my secondary over a month ago and the portal says it has received all my letters, but i'm still not complete.

I did it electronically, and it said it sent on October 6th.
I had submitted mine via interfolio electronically and they had only marked one as being received. I called and they pulled up my file and saw i had all my letters and updated my profile. Minutes later I got a "complete" email. Definitely try calling them until you get an answer, I tried three days in a row and finally got someone.

Thanks! I called and everything got sorted out in a few minutes. I'm complete!

Saw some of you interviewees today in the atrium walking up. Just stopped by to offer some advice to calm your nerves down:

Remember, Admissions already likes you otherwise they would not have invited you, keep this in mind. The interviewers are not here to grill you, they are here to find out more about your story. So relax, try to smile, and good luck.

To all those waiting, keep your dreams alive. The opportunity will come when you least expect it so never give up on your goal. I know the process can be frustrating but you have to grin and bare it. Every Doctor in the world has gone through this process so know that you are not alone. Want it bad enough and it will come true, I promise. For now you all just have to be patient.

Good luck everyone. Keep your heads up and i'll see you all soon whether it's in med school or out in the field

Reactions: 5 users
Sent in my secondary yesterday, complete this morning, and just got an interview invite! I'm so excited, this is my top choice school! I worked here in the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience program two summers ago and loved all the faculty I met! In state, GPA 3.4, MCAT 32. Interview 10/31, pm session. Can't wait!!!

Okay, now I'm starting to feel uneasy... :/ complete 8/26 and still waiting...

Woah that's a fast turnaround! Congrats you will love the interview there
Sent in my secondary yesterday, complete this morning, and just got an interview invite! I'm so excited, this is my top choice school! I worked here in the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience program two summers ago and loved all the faculty I met! In state, GPA 3.4, MCAT 32. Interview 10/31, pm session. Can't wait!!!

Anyone here placed on the alternate list?

accepted here today. got the call at after 2pm

Saw some of you interviewees today in the atrium walking up. Just stopped by to offer some advice to calm your nerves down:

Remember, Admissions already likes you otherwise they would not have invited you, keep this in mind. The interviewers are not here to grill you, they are here to find out more about your story. So relax, try to smile, and good luck.

To all those waiting, keep your dreams alive. The opportunity will come when you least expect it so never give up on your goal. I know the process can be frustrating but you have to grin and bare it. Every Doctor in the world has gone through this process so know that you are not alone. Want it bad enough and it will come true, I promise. For now you all just have to be patient.

Good luck everyone. Keep your heads up and i'll see you all soon whether it's in med school or out in the field

Quick question for you. Did you (or someone you know) participate in the prematriculation program? If so, what did you think about it

Anyone complete in early Oct and got an II?

Is it too late in the cycle to submit a primary here...I know technically it is not but I also do not want to be throwing money away as I know it is rolling admissions any idea when you are considered late? 31 MCAT and 3.9 GPA if that matters

looks like I'm another who never received the secondary. going to call them tomorrow as this is one of my top choices. good luck to those getting II's!

Did you ever get it? My primary was verified 16 days ago and I haven't gotten anything yet...

Did you ever get it? My primary was verified 16 days ago and I haven't gotten anything yet...

It takes them only one-two days to send secondaries. If you havent got one yet, that means there is a technical issue. Just call them. That happened to me too.

It takes them only one-two days to send secondaries. If you havent got one yet, that means there is a technical issue. Just call them. That happened to me too.

Eeek okay - I will call tomorrow. Thank you!

Eeek okay - I will call tomorrow. Thank you!

My primary was released on 9/18 and I just got the secondary today. I called about 2 weeks ago and they said they were having technical difficulties with people whose primary applications were released in that cycle.

My primary was released on 9/18 and I just got the secondary today. I called about 2 weeks ago and they said they were having technical difficulties with people whose primary applications were released in that cycle.
Got secondary today as well after a while waiting.

When were you complete + when did you have the interview?
Submitted the secondary the end of August, called for an update approx one month later to see what was up, got a phone call the next day saying I was complete, and got an II the next week. Interview was 10/14

Complete 10/14...no word on an II (of course it hasn't been that long)

Does Rowan call or email for interview invites?

Do OOS applicants have slim chances here?

I believe Rowan calls us for II. I believe there are quite a few number of OOSers here at Rowan. When I last spoke to Ms.Watkins, she mentioned how some of her staff have gone to other states to find potential students for RowanSOM. This indicates that this school is very OOS-friendly. :nod:

I got an email for my interview invite and then had to schedule it online - an extra tab showed up to schedule the interview

Quick question for you. Did you (or someone you know) participate in the prematriculation program? If so, what did you think about it

My friends did it and said it was worth it. You get into the rhythm, also some material covered at prematric are repeated in 1st year.

I believe Rowan calls us for II. I believe there are quite a few number of OOSers here at Rowan. When I last spoke to Ms.Watkins, she mentioned how some of her staff have gone to other states to find potential students for RowanSOM. This indicates that this school is very OOS-friendly. :nod:

I got an email for my interview invite and then had to schedule it online - an extra tab showed up to schedule the interview

Thanks for the info you guys :)

IS and under review for about 2 months.

Patience is hard to keep when the school is top on your list :/

Reactions: 4 users