Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure, there's gameplay. And tracking. But if you want to know when you're getting tracked as an unseerable wolf, running for mayor sounds like a good plan. Just have someone else do the kill tonight, and you can skate through to endgame.
Nah, I expect to be looked into often. Will happily role reveal if you really want. Like I said, totally vanilla and boring.

Members don't see this ad.

elect DocE

We can't vote for an emperor without me voting for him. Just can't. I mean, he's a pompous ass of a player, but for emperor? DocE all the way.

I don't care that he isn't playing. I'm still voting for him.

Reactions: 7 users
OK, my list of random thoughts after reading the wiki pages for the 3 movies:

1. If conversion is in play, I'd be wondering about the existence of autoconverts. Since VMH said we seem to be starting at the beginning of the 1st movie, Luke wasn't part of the rebel alliance yet. He did end up being a large part of it all, so I could see it making sense that he starts villager and switches to wolf. Or perhaps the wolves are searching for him, and if they find him he is converted?

2. How exactly would Darth Vadar fit in all of this? He was part of the Empire, but the decisions he made at the end were on par with the rebellion.

3. Kenobi, Han Solo, Leila, Luke (at least by the end), Chewy, R2D2, C3PO, and Yoda seem to be the largest players in the rebellion, so they would be more likely to be wolves.

4. Assuming the main characters are wolves, role name will mean a lot in this game. This leads me to suspect that there is probably a cover role for at least 1 of the wolves, or that there are limitations on any seers.

5. Someone else said on here that they thought Jabba the Hutt would be either neutral or chaos. I would agree with that, but learn moreso towards neutral.

Members don't see this ad :)
Emperor Vote Tally
  • Jilary 22 (Jilary, WZ, raf, hmoo, kcough, Coopah, cdo, allyphoe, BBC, ski, gwen, ceke, snowshoe, nyanko, karabiner, guis, pippy, mmdream, PBC, dy, LotF, FB)
  • Genny 1 (genny)
  • cdoconn 1 (SAR)
  • SkiOtter 1 (awesome)
  • Ceke2002 1 (vmh)
  • Thrown out for voting off ballot 1 (LIS)

@Caia @Teepster87 @Cyndia, deadline's in about an hour!

Interesting thought about Luke, but he joined the rebellion pretty early on in the movie and is arguably the most important rebel after he does so, and is (in my opinion) less morally gray than Leia or Han. So in a normal game, the pinnacle villager, and in this game most likely a wolf :p

I do agree about Obi Wan and Yoda though. Both are important enough to the story that I would expect them to be wolves.

And I would expect Vader to be a villager in this game; he was "good again" or whatever for like 5 seconds at the very end of ROTJ.

Reactions: 1 users
I do agree about Obi Wan and Yoda though. Both are important enough to the story that I would expect them to be wolves.

Despite trying to complete Luke's Jedi training, Yoda never really did anything in/for the Rebellion. Part of the Old Republic, yes, but I wouldn't consider him part of the Rebellion

Despite trying to complete Luke's Jedi training, Yoda never really did anything in/for the Rebellion. Part of the Old Republic, yes, but I wouldn't consider him part of the Rebellion

Yeah, true. I guess I was thinking more "good guys vs. bad guys"

OK, my list of random thoughts after reading the wiki pages for the 3 movies:

1. If conversion is in play, I'd be wondering about the existence of autoconverts. Since VMH said we seem to be starting at the beginning of the 1st movie, Luke wasn't part of the rebel alliance yet. He did end up being a large part of it all, so I could see it making sense that he starts villager and switches to wolf. Or perhaps the wolves are searching for him, and if they find him he is converted?

2. How exactly would Darth Vadar fit in all of this? He was part of the Empire, but the decisions he made at the end were on par with the rebellion.

3. Kenobi, Han Solo, Leila, Luke (at least by the end), Chewy, R2D2, C3PO, and Yoda seem to be the largest players in the rebellion, so they would be more likely to be wolves.

4. Assuming the main characters are wolves, role name will mean a lot in this game. This leads me to suspect that there is probably a cover role for at least 1 of the wolves, or that there are limitations on any seers.

5. Someone else said on here that they thought Jabba the Hutt would be either neutral or chaos. I would agree with that, but learn moreso towards neutral.
Interesting thought about Luke, but he joined the rebellion pretty early on in the movie and is arguably the most important rebel after he does so, and is (in my opinion) less morally gray than Leia or Han. So in a normal game, the pinnacle villager, and in this game most likely a wolf :p

And I would expect Vader to be a villager in this game; he was "good again" or whatever for like 5 seconds at the very end of ROTJ.
I don't think Luke would be an autoconvert, especially given guis' point that Luke joined really early. My guess is he would probably be an original wolf.

Vader, on the other hand, I could see being a convertible villager. Potentially someone who could convert if certain criteria were met (maybe if Palpatine is killed or if Vader votes for Palpatine in a lynch?).

Members don't see this ad :)
@guisantes curious what you meant about Han Solo/Leia being grey area. I thought they were obviously always part of the rebellion. Were they not at some point?
Leia is a leader of the Rebellion, from the start, and in part because Bail started the Rebellion back after the Clone Wars.

Han I could see being a grey area because he wasn't in the Rebellion for "the greater good", but ultimately to help his friends (I.e. Luke and Leia)

Reactions: 1 user
@guisantes curious what you meant about Han Solo/Leia being grey area. I thought they were obviously always part of the rebellion. Were they not at some point?

Technically Han was just a smuggler at first, and only joined the rebellion after joining up with Luke and Obi Wan (and then he quit the rebellion, only to come back again). I would still say Han will be a wolf though. Leia always was in the rebellion. When I said "gray", I just meant in terms of their morals in general, not in terms of whether they are rebels or not.

Yeah, what Gwen said- I was saying that as *people*, Han and Leia are less "good" than Luke is. But they were all good guys who were very important to the rebel cause!

Emperor Vote Tally
  • Jilary 23 (Jilary, WZ, raf, hmoo, kcough, Coopah, cdo, allyphoe, BBC, ski, gwen, ceke, snowshoe, nyanko, karabiner, guis, pippy, mmdream, PBC, dy, LotF, FB, Teep)
  • Genny 1 (genny)
  • cdoconn 1 (SAR)
  • SkiOtter 1 (awesome)
  • Ceke2002 1 (vmh)
  • Thrown out for voting off ballot 1 (LIS)
@Cyndia @Caia you have about a minute

Technical noob question: pm among your planet.. Is group pm allowed or just 1-on-1?

There was surprisingly little discussion among the Senate. One citizen clearly combined the charisma and wisdom necessary to keep the Empire together in this time of chaos. @Jilary won the vote nearly unanimously, with hardly a protest from her challengers

Congratulations to Jilary, the new Emperor!
2013-07-23_Storm_Trooper_clapping.gif

Reactions: 8 users
There was surprisingly little discussion among the Senate. One citizen clearly combined the charisma and wisdom necessary to keep the Empire together in this time of chaos. @Jilary won the vote nearly unanimously, with hardly a protest from her challengers

Congratulations to Jilary, the new Emperor!
2013-07-23_Storm_Trooper_clapping.gif

Woo! Congrats to Jilary, the new Emperor!

The Galaxy was a busy place last night. Plans were hatched and discarded, and several players felt drawn to act by a presence they couldn't quite explain.

Jilary had barely ascended to office when tragedy struck. The senate predicted that the new Emperor would be targeted by Rebels and had assigned an Imperial Guard to protect her. However, no one expected the Rebels to plan an attack against the guard directly. As good as the guard was at protecting others, she failed to protect herself. One unexpected blaster bolt later and the Imperial Guard, @nyanko, was dead.

Lynch deadline is 9pm CT. 29 players remain

Roster
Tatooine

1. @SnowshoeDog143
2. @Coopah
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
5. @awesomenessity
6. @Caia

Hoth
7. @Jilary
8. @Teepster87
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter

Cloud City
14. @Filly Bay
15. @hazelmoo
16. @cdoconn
17. @WildZoo
18. @BeautifulBritishColumbia

Endor Moon
19. @raf2769
20. @Karabiner13
21. @mmmdreamerz
22. @Ceke2002
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler

Death Star mk 1
25. @vetmedhead
27. @genny
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia

Dead
26. nyanko - Imperial Guard, villager, continuously protected Emperor while alive.

Sorry Nyanko, bummer that we lost a villager. :cryi:

NOTICE
JABBA the HUTT has posted a bounty on
@WildZoo
for today only. If she is lynched, one lucky person responsible for her lynch will be rewarded handsomely by Jabba!

Interesting to me that the very first player killed off was one key in protecting the Emperor...

I was blocked from doing nothing last night. At least it was more exciting than doing nothing!

What's up with this notice about lynched WZ... seems like a trap!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm going to be out for most of tomorrow/today/sorry still working out time differences.

Curious to know more about this bounty business, and another lucky wolf strike taking out the protector of the Emperor, or do we suspect wolf seer abilities in this game? Some of the conversation from yesterday, me and Jil having a mutual Star Wars nerdgasm aside, seemed a tad, I don't know, just something not quite right, but I can't put my finger on what or why exactly. :thinking:

Just in case I'm not back before end of lynch/day cycle (will be out furniture shopping and running errands)...

Contingency Lynch Dreamerz

(total RNG, I don't have a clue this early in the game, just vague whispers of suspicions with no real basis...I'm starting to babble, aren't I? :shy:)

Sad to lose our emperor's protector.
Not sure what to make of this bounty business. Jabba didn't seem to be on either side but out for himself so maybe this is just meant to cause chaos. Could the one lucky person who gets rewarded if it happens really be a bounty hunter and not random?

I'm going to be out for most of tomorrow/today/sorry still working out time differences.

Curious to know more about this bounty business, and another lucky wolf strike taking out the protector of the Emperor, or do we suspect wolf seer abilities in this game? Some of the conversation from yesterday, me and Jil having a mutual Star Wars nerdgasm aside, seemed a tad, I don't know, just something not quite right, but I can't put my finger on what or why exactly. :thinking:

Just in case I'm not back before end of lynch/day cycle (will be out furniture shopping and running errands)...

Contingency Lynch Dreamerz

(total RNG, I don't have a clue this early in the game, just vague whispers of suspicions with no real basis...I'm starting to babble, aren't I? :shy:)
It was just n1, if there is a woof seer (definitely possible) they wouldn't have had a chance to seer anyone yet.

I'm at a vet student conference thing today but I will try to check in frequently! Not that real life matters in WW

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I want to hear more about the weird stuff :naughty:
Oh, not weird like that. I think I was redirected onto myself, but maybe I should go back and read it to make sure. It was weird because, I'm vanilla, sooooo I can't do anything to myself or anyone else. Actually, not redirected, I was forced to act upon myself. I think I just ended up watching tv.

Oh, not weird like that. I think I was redirected onto myself, but maybe I should go back and read it to make sure. It was weird because, I'm vanilla, sooooo I can't do anything to myself or anyone else. Actually, not redirected, I was forced to act upon myself. I think I just ended up watching tv.

What did it say? Was it wolfy sounding?

If you are vanilla, what led you to think you were redirected?

In the games I've been redirected in, you only realize you were redirected do to some variation of "Oops, your action actually took place on you"

There are always ways to detect unseerable wolves. I'm totally vanilla, which is why I asked to be emperor, plus my lifelong love of SW.

Nah, I expect to be looked into often. Will happily role reveal if you really want. Like I said, totally vanilla and boring.

Anyone else think it's a little weird that Jilary keeps reminding us that she's vanilla? It kinda seems like a "us villagers" trap.

This Jabba bounty thing is weird... Don't think I like it.

Assuming Jabba is a character, would we assume they are the one choosing who gets listed? WZ is a really odd choice, to me that would benefit the wolves more than the villagers (providing she isn't a wolf lol)

Any ideas on what the reward could be? Individual abilities like being protected from kills vs group abilities like being given game info?

Jabba also backstabbed a few people throughout the movies, so I would be wary of a trap like Raf stated above. Though iirc from yesterday's heading he betrayed the rebellion more than the Empire.

Gut feeling is moving Jabba from neutral to more likely chaos. Or a new player.

I agree it sounds kinda chaos. The gambler in me is super intrigued and I want to see what the bounty is but don't know if I want to test it out just yet. I think I want to see who the bounties are put on for a few more days
I don't know if I want to find out what the bounties are by testing on WZ either, but this does seem like an interesting mechanic.
If Jabba is a player, and this isn't just a rotating RNG thing, I do think they'd be chaos.

I wonder if this was a steal-an-ability, then? So if you'd had, say, a tracker ability, the person who acted on you could have stolen your ability and then chosen to use it on you, and gotten results from tracking you? (And either intentionally chose to use it on you, or a limitation was that it could only be used on the person whose ability was stolen?)

I agree that it doesn't really sound like a typical redirect.