Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
***** lynch genny *****

Because always wolf.

I ought to be able to check in later if I find a more informed target to waffle to.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else think it's a little weird that Jilary keeps reminding us that she's vanilla? It kinda seems like a "us villagers" trap.
Well, she has mentioned it a few times, so you may be on to something...but on the flipside, I also think it's a liiiittle fishy to be drumming up suspicion aimed at our illustrious Emperor.

I'm also intrigued/worried by the bounty offer. Jabba was certainly pretty scummy in the series, so I'd be concerned about getting double-crossed if we pursued it. I don't want to be bantha fodder!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Anyone else think it's a little weird that Jilary keeps reminding us that she's vanilla? It kinda seems like a "us villagers" trap.

I too noticed this about Jillary. I think we need just be cautious because even though she is our emperor, we don't really know her true affliliation for sure...

Members don't see this ad :)
What did it say? Was it wolfy sounding?

If you are vanilla, what led you to think you were redirected?

In the games I've been redirected in, you only realize you were redirected do to some variation of "Oops, your action actually took place on you"

Didn't see anything about not being able to quote pm's, so:
A badly-scarred man threatened you into choosing to targeting you tonight. You hastily agreed to get him to leave you alone. You then went back to enjoy the latest Holonet programming. Not like you can do what he wants when you're not acting anyway.
In any other game I would say this sounded wolfy, but with empire being village, I'm not so sure.

I plan on ignoring the jabba info. If it ever nets a wolf it will likely be coincidence. I can definitely see him being chaos since he's only out for himself, though his ideals align more closely with the empire.

In any other game I would say this sounded wolfy, but with empire being village, I'm not so sure.

I plan on ignoring the jabba info. If it ever nets a wolf it will likely be coincidence. I can definitely see him being chaos since he's only out for himself, though his ideals align more closely with the empire.
That sounds like a redirect to me, not ability stealing like ally suggested.

Not really sure what the point of that was, since if you were a wolf you definitely would not have been doing the killing last night.

I too noticed this about Jillary. I think we need just be cautious because even though she is our emperor, we don't really know her true affliliation for sure...
Just putting it out there that the person whose job it was to protect me, died last night. After day close yesterday, a mod pm was opened between ny and I, and I was informed she was my protector and that while she was alive I could not be killed by ANY means. That is not someone I would have wanted to get rid of, ever.

That sounds like a redirect to me, not ability stealing like ally suggested.

Not really sure what the point of that was, since if you were a wolf you definitely would not have been doing the killing last night.
But it was forced, so it sounds like if I had an ability and wasn't planning on using it, I still would have used it on myself. I'm leaning towards this being a villager ability since directing someone onto themselves has been used to find wolves before.

Interesting, I'm not sure if it's a wolf either but it's good information to take forward.

Just putting it out there that the person whose job it was to protect me, died last night. After day close yesterday, a mod pm was opened between ny and I, and I was informed she was my protector and that while she was alive I could not be killed by ANY means. That is not someone I would have wanted to get rid of, ever.
I'm assuming not, but just to cover the bases: You didn't mention to anyone else about Ny's role did you? Or do you know if Ny mentioned anything to anyone?

But it was forced, so it sounds like if I had an ability and wasn't planning on using it, I still would have used it on myself. I'm leaning towards this being a villager ability since directing someone onto themselves has been used to find wolves before.
The end part "it didn't do anything because you didn't do anything" makes it sound like redirect to me.

The first part sounds a little forced, but I'm thinking that may have just been for storytime.

I'm assuming not, but just to cover the bases: You didn't mention to anyone else about Ny's role did you? Or do you know if Ny mentioned anything to anyone?
Nope. I haven't talked to anyone. Kcough pmd me, just saying hi. I haven't replied yet (I'm not a huge pmer unless I know I can trust you.) I did say hi to ny in our pm, and said I was glad to have her on my side, but she didn't reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was timeline ever confirmed? Or do we even know if there is one set in concrete (don't know how close to the main story Zen wants to stick).

Jil's badly scarred redirector sounded at first like unarmored Boba, but if we are currently in pre-ROTJ he wouldn't be as F'ed up as he was after being digested by the sarlacc. I might have to go look up who else is scar covered.

Not gonna worry about Jilary for now. We have seers, I assume, and it would be stupid not to look into her. Yeah, I get the whole "cover role" thing, but ... meh .... just not worth energy at this point.

With regard to Jabba - I'm all on board testing out what the hell that is about. It's early game, great time to see what's what with weird things like that:

lynch WZ

Reactions: 1 user
Not gonna worry about Jilary for now. We have seers, I assume, and it would be stupid not to look into her. Yeah, I get the whole "cover role" thing, but ... meh .... just not worth energy at this point.

With regard to Jabba - I'm all on board testing out what the hell that is about. It's early game, great time to see what's what with weird things like that:

lynch WZ

Good points on both accounts.

(I like the BBC lynch, too. But I just really want to play Jabba's game and find out what it is. We can always lynch BBC tomorrow........)

Day 1 Lynch Tally:

3m (1)- ceke,
raf (1)- caia
ally (1)- genny
BBC (2)- dy, Coop
WZ (1)- LIS,

6/29 votes Deadline 10 PM EST

Devyn is drinking her weight in beer memorial gif
giphy.gif

Lynch Ceke
she halfheartedly threw herself into the emperor vote, but never even voted for herself. I'm wondering if it was to try to gain credibility as a villager as a cover for later. Then the weird comment today... I'm ok with it.

meaning I'm ok with the lynch, not the weird comment

lynch bbc

I don't like that she didn't realize villagers were imperial. could be chaos, not willing to take the chance

I don't remember this. I know she was confused at who the rebel alliance was because she's never seen the movies and the people she guessed as the rebels were randoms I wouldn't have expected when you first Google OT rebels.. but plausible.

Lynch Kara

Because she's been a wolf 2/2 times playing WW and I might not be around much the rest of the day, so want to make sure I get a vote in.

Jil's badly scarred redirector sounded at first like unarmored Boba, but if we are currently in pre-ROTJ he wouldn't be as F'ed up as he was after being digested by the sarlacc. I might have to go look up who else is scar covered.

Vader has scars.

Lynch Ceke
she halfheartedly threw herself into the emperor vote, but never even voted for herself. I'm wondering if it was to try to gain credibility as a villager as a cover for later. Then the weird comment today... I'm ok with it.

I'm ok with it too. Lynch ceke

Was timeline ever confirmed? Or do we even know if there is one set in concrete (don't know how close to the main story Zen wants to stick).

Replying to myself to further my thought from earlier.

Yes Vader is hideously disfigured and only half human. I don't think he fits for redirector though. From what I know and cruising through character lists, Dengar could fit as a strong-arm heavily scarred player. But I am a little bit hesitant to think he'd be included. A tertiary character at best, and I'm assuming Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt are already included in the game. Having another bounty hunter/other element included would make this game seem more faction-like rather than an Empire vs. Rebel game.

I don't remember this. I know she was confused at who the rebel alliance was because she's never seen the movies and the people she guessed as the rebels were randoms I wouldn't have expected when you first Google OT rebels.. but plausible.

No but her role should have said empire blah (I'm assuming) with alignment, so she should have been able to infer that anything other was wolf. However, if she didn't know star wars she might have been clarifying which rebels were the wolves? I dunno, I'm open to waffles, they're yummy.

Agreed on the whole weird comment thing...maybe nothing but I'll take it since it's early in the game and not much to go on...

Lynch ceke

Day 1 Lynch Tally:

3m (1)- ceke,
raf (1)- caia
genny (1)- ally
BBC (2)- dy, Coop
WZ (1)- LIS,
ceke (4)- raf, pip, hmoo, 3m
krabs (1)- SSdog

11/29 votes Deadline 10 PM EST

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm. Catching up from accidentally napping all day best Saturday ever. I am a little curious about this Jabba bounty. I know (in the three movies I watched at least) that Jabba went primarily after the rebels (specifically Han), but assuming that Jabba is a player, there's no way to know at this point the difference between Rebels and the Empire.

With BBC not remembering that the Empire is villager, I'm having trouble remembering that as well. In the movies it's like Empire= bad, but in this case Empire= Good. It's just a weird thing for my brain. However, if she keeps it up or says other weird wolfy things, I'd want someone to investigate and all.

I'm most suspicious right now of Ceke and her comments, as expressed by people above. So as of right now...
Lynch ceke

I agree that Jabba is likely chaos. He was never aligned with either side, him and all other crime lords were separate from the workings of the Empire since they rule in the Outer Rim, far enough from Imperial reach.

I had the ale last night and stared at it

###lynch ceke###

I feel like with the time difference Ceke says weird stuff like that a lot - confusing night kills with lynches.

I think the Jabba thing is interesting. Might as well see what it's about?

Lynch WZ

Day 1 Lynch Tally:

3m (1)- ceke,
raf (1)- caia
genny (1)- ally
BBC (2)- dy, Coop
WZ (3)- LIS, genny, KC
ceke (5)- raf, pip, hmoo, 3m, gwen
krabs (1)- SSdog

14/29 votes ~3 hrs remaining...

missing: @guisantes , @awesomenessity , @Jilary , @Teepster87 , @SkiOtter , @Filly Bay , @cdoconn , @WildZoo , @BeautifulBritishColumbia , @Karabiner13 , @SARdoghandler , @vetmedhead , @PrincessButterCup , @LadyOtheFarm , @Cyndia

giphy.gif
Lupin, I voted for ceke (post #186)

It's a trap theory: Jabba is chaos (or possibly a lone wolf trying to build their pack), the reward is conversion (plenty of testimonials for how great the prize is!), and the win condition is getting us to fall for it X number of times.

Don't particularly like that the noobs who were suspicious this morning are bandwagoning this evening for no apparent reason.

Does anyone have wolfy feels about WZ? If not, why the heck would we lynch her to please an unknown messenger?

Is it possible that WZ was also silenced with this? We haven't heard anything from her today, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I love that people are saying 'This is probably a chaos trick, but let's vote for it anyway!'

Reactions: 1 users