Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, you kinda said it right there, hmoo. I mean, metaplay matters, whether you/we like it or not. If you play different in one game - even if for perfectly legitimate reasons - people will notice and get (rightly) suspicious and lynch you for it. Just the way it goes.

Except my "normal" play is wolfy, even when I'm village every time. I get lynched first couple of days almost every game, no matter how I play it seems

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I never had gotten anything about being seered or any presence near me, so I just figured no one knew. Which is why once I found out about teep's ability, I was confused why it was never used since I didn't think anyone knew my ability

I dunno why they didn't use it. I presume they were waiting to see who would make a good conversion target. Dunno.

Shout out to @LadyOtheFarm for her very on point seer play and for being willing to work with me for deciding who to seer/sharing results with me on thread once we couldn't PM anymore.

Yup. She played a good game. I was suspicious of her because she was quieter than usual, but she allayed my suspicions with her response to me.

(... and then I got converted. Grr.)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at a friend's house on my data so I haven't checked in until now, and turns out I missed the whole end of this thing. I need to up my weekend game.
I'm sorry I called Vader's allegiance into question so much that it made it hard for you to role reveal lol. I should have known better than to question the most well known Big Bad from the series

Thanks for the game mods!

@Coopah thank you for giving Snowy your info and asking her to bring me to Tatooine
@SnowshoeDog143 sorry I didn't trust you sooner but we had one heck of a day putting everything together once I did :)

Yay I'm so happy I caught ONE thing. Most of my tracking was useless but I got one! Go villagers!

Reactions: 1 users
@dyachei The first time you were blocked and I received no orders I finally figured out you were my commanding officer. Great choices and it helped me figure out who some people were when Snowy and I put our heads together

there would be several things that would happen if LIS were a wolf.

Several players that would die rather quickly.

I'm still pretty shocked that I made it out of this alive, tbh.

Thanks @dyachei and @Karabiner13 ! (sorry for suspecting you, kara -- I thought dy was the trooper, so I was sketched when you claimed another action on top of that)

In hindsight, reverse tracking is extremely powerful because it's usually pretty easy to figure out who players of interest are (and thus who's most likely to be targeted). I probably should have made that every other night.

I thought that the lack of role seering, plus inclusion of powered yet minor characters (Lobot, Cornelius Evazen) would help the wolves with talking their way out of trouble. In general, I underestimated the ability of a wolf to talk their way out of a tracking.

6 planets instead of 5 would have slowed down information transfer between the villagers and given the wolves more time to breathe.

I tried to make a game that was challenging but doable for the wolves to win. That didn't happen this game, probably because I made bad assumptions about wolf vs. villager communication (I thought villagers would be less talkative, while wolves would make friends a little more easily). Sorry about that :(.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm still pretty shocked that I made it out of this alive, tbh.

Thanks @dyachei and @Karabiner13 ! (sorry for suspecting you, kara -- I thought dy was the trooper, so I was sketched when you claimed another action on top of that)
My next step was trying to figure out how to get you to talk to dy about it without giving too much away if it wasn't endgame

I thought that the lack of role seering, plus inclusion of powered yet minor characters (Lobot, Cornelius Evazen) would help the wolves with talking their way out of trouble. In general, I underestimated the ability of a wolf to talk their way out of a tracking.

With players like Nyanko and me, it's hard to do that. I'm just going to keep pushing to lynch and break eggs. I have zero problems lynching someone based on hazy suspicions and minimal hard data.

Sorry about that :(.

This was a well-designed game. The fact that the wolves got crushed doesn't change that. It's just the way it played out. I agree with your comment about reverse tracking, but... hindsight 20/20, Monday AM quarterbacking, etc.

I also like that you looked at the theme and realized the rebels make for better wolves than the other way around.

And the village:wolf ratio was great.

And some of the abilities lined up well with the roles.

And the confusion over Credits was funny.

I probably wouldn't have included a conversion-detector role. That would have made Teeps' role more interesting and made the wolves consider using it early vs waiting to find a powerful role to convert.

But all in all, very nice modding. Mod more.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for the game mods!

@Coopah thank you for giving Snowy your info and asking her to bring me to Tatooine
@SnowshoeDog143 sorry I didn't trust you sooner but we had one heck of a day putting everything together once I did :)

Hahaha I'm glad you were able to get that info out without dying. I was sure everyone would lynch gwen or 3m that night and the wolves would kill you. Yay for last minute waffles on the ally lynch?! Also, I'm not surprised you didn't trust me at first as I information overloaded you. But glad we could be strategy pm buddies for the couple days we were. Shout out to @Caia @guisantes and @Coopah too for being fun pm-ers (and not wolves)!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I see @PrincessButterCup forgot to use her ability as well last night huh? :p I actually forgot to submit last night, which meant all the forgotten actions landed on myself. Super smart move.

Go Team Force! Had BBC with me after she died so I tried to help out the wolves a titch since they were getting steamrolled, but apparently not enough to get the Jabba lynch rolling (sorry 3M) or clear LIS. Shrug, I did what I could. No lie though, every time ally brought my name up again I was like come on girl!

I was the not-good not-evil presence, my targets were:
N1: Jilary
N2: LIS
N3: BBC
N4: hmoo BUT someone ale-blocked me, not sure how you managed to get The Force drunk but props to you
N5: ally
N6: Gwen (also had the mouse tracker which I sent after Coopah)
N7: FB
N8: 3M
N9: Forgot so it got used on myself :p

Fun game. It's nice when the pressure is lower :D

Except my "normal" play is wolfy, even when I'm village every time. I get lynched first couple of days almost every game, no matter how I play it seems
Some of your early game comments were sketchy, that's what made it easy to vote for you this game. Sorry you were a villager.

Thanks for the game mods, I had fun. And thanks for letting me be your emperor everyone! I think I was more useful as an information source than anything else this game.

@allyphoe if you had just left it at you were visited by the presence on N5 I don't know if Snowy and I would have looked at you so hard. But once I remembered that part we just kept circling back to you in our pm

@SARdoghandler great job at giving your role without giving your role. I definitely figured it out correctly

So I see @PrincessButterCup forgot to use her ability as well last night huh? :p I actually forgot to submit last night, which meant all the forgotten actions landed on myself. Super smart move.

Go Team Force! Had BBC with me after she died so I tried to help out the wolves a titch since they were getting steamrolled, but apparently not enough to get the Jabba lynch rolling (sorry 3M) or clear LIS. Shrug, I did what I could. No lie though, every time ally brought my name up again I was like come on girl!

N4: hmoo BUT someone ale-blocked me, not sure how you managed to get The Force drunk but props to you

It's crazy ironic. I got credits from the hmoo bounty to use N8, and I redirected Kara to 3M. 3M got blocked so I was convinced that Kara was the blocker and we should protect her hahaha. In turn you blocked her haha

What did the not good/not evil thing do?

Also, how many conversions could the wolves have had?

Oh and shoutout to @Karabiner13 and @SnowshoeDog143 - they figured me out in like 2 seconds of PMing and had nailed down the ally-LIS interaction. Impressive skills.
It helps when you have the reverse tracking info and tracking from an item on N5
Great job at leaving out the sketchy part of your role when you talked to us. Definitely was still trying to figure out who was doing that

What did the not good/not evil thing do?

Also, how many conversions could the wolves have had?
I was just the not good/evil presence and basically redirected all forgotten actions to that target. So if you forgot to do your nightly action, I picked your target and you'd still get results from it.

Did my actions actually help anyone who forgot stuff? I at least felt somewhat useful but never really knew if people were forgetting stuff
I think there was at least one person about half of the nights.

re: someone else's question - The not-good-not-evil presence would be because kcoughi decided you were the designated target on that night. So, you felt the Force descend upon you

Thanks @Zensing and @Lupin21 !! I think it was a good design and I loved how much it took from the movies (I was pretty obsessed at trying to role guess people by the end), plus I like how we were playing for the empire with the wolves being the rebels which was corresponded well to the empire dominance in the movies. I think it was just a mix of new wolves and bad luck that ended the game so quickly. Good Job Village!

Also shout out to @allyphoe you had me so confused, but overall I think you did well as a wolf and I wish you hadn't died by waffles of such a small village turnout

I think there was at least one person about half of the nights.

re: someone else's question - The not-good-not-evil presence would be because kcoughi decided you were the designated target on that night. So, you felt the Force descend upon you
So when I got the credits and it said "you can use them or let the force decide, kcough would've decided?

So when I got the credits and it said "you can use them or let the force decide, kcough would've decided?
Yes. Every person who received an item for the first time should have had that. You could choose to use the item, choose not to use the item, or not make a decision and have kcoughli pick the target.

kcoughi did not have any idea what actions she was directing. She picked one player who would become the default target for all missed actions.

I think we did a pretty good job of guessing roles/abilities. The last list you made before you died was pretty close

Yeah if I could have edited it to put in the changes you mentioned, it would have been pretty darn close.

I guess theres only one thing left for us villagers to tell our poor dead wolf "friends"

UyQ4dtmNBkdSE.gif

Reactions: 10 users
@allyphoe if you had just left it at you were visited by the presence on N5 I don't know if Snowy and I would have looked at you so hard. But once I remembered that part we just kept circling back to you in our pm

@SARdoghandler great job at giving your role without giving your role. I definitely figured it out correctly

Yaaaaas. I'm so glad you figured it out! Hahaha. I missed having you as my PM buddy when you left!

Also sad I was not more vocal on my suspicions of Ally on that lynch day. I had some serious feels about one post I pointed out. But when no one else seemed convinced I put out a fairly soft lynch vote so I didn't look wolfy by accusing someone most people seemed okay with. And then we ended up lynching her anyway and I can't even take credit for really starting it because my lynch argument was so weak. (and then died for it anyway hahaha) :laugh:

I think it was just super bad luck that the wolves were all fairly noob. Even just one good vet can really help guide them.

I also had a really hard time being happy about lynching rebels, Chewy was especially hard for me. I wanted to scream, NO! CHEWY!!!!! :arghh::bigtears:

Reactions: 6 users
Whoa. I go away for a couple hours...and come back to the game being over! lol

I told kara last night that we should look hard at whoever still pushed to lynch me after I role revealed...you were the only one lol

It felt like it was time to end it. :)

I work tonight at 8PM central, have to leave home around 7PM central ... would have missed lynch deadline anyway, so I didn't see a point in dragging it out.

Hey it's cool...I was just majorly confused there for a minute

I also had a really hard time being happy about lynching rebels, Chewy was especially hard for me. I wanted to scream, NO! CHEWY!!!!! :arghh::bigtears:

Oh man. Me too. I didn't want to say on the thread because it would have looked suspicious, but I was internally crying at killing off the rebels. I had to just call them wolves and not associate them with their characters..

So what happened last night with the whole no kill?

I didn't kill because I knew I'd be tracked.

Should have picked someone other than Ski, but in the end it wouldn't have mattered. I picked Ski mostly at random. I admittedly wasn't giving it much effort once I got converted.

did they know about my ability?
No. Even at the end, I had you down as maybe ask-a-mod.

We pretty much had no clue who anyone was. I had LOtF down as vanilla and was mostly ignoring her.

I dunno why they didn't use it. I presume they were waiting to see who would make a good conversion target. Dunno.
Who converts in the first 2-3 days of a 30 person game? We were saving it until we needed it.

No. Even at the end, I had you down as maybe ask-a-mod.

We pretty much had no clue who anyone was. I had LOtF down as vanilla and was mostly ignoring her.
I was pretty open about my role once I used it, but me and a few others tried pretty hard to keep LOTF's role under wraps (for obvious reasons). The genny lynch was actually based on LOTF seering her but I led a lot of the lynch to keep eyes off of her.

Who converts in the first 2-3 days of a 30 person game? We were saving it until we needed it.

Right. I understand why you didn't use it. I was just saying I dunno what the thinking was. I never went back in the thread to read. Like I said, I figured you were waiting to see who would be a good target ... waiting to see if you could find an alignment seer and knock them off ... etc. (I probably wouldn't have considered the possibility of a conversion-detector being in the game as a role, though I might have considered ask-a-mod or a conversion-detecting item or a wolf-#'s item or something.)

Yeah I can see that argument, especially if the ability to convert isn't limited to a particular wolf's role.

Some things I like to get out of the way early since it's uncertain whether you'll die before it gets used, like rezzing. For wolf conversions I usually like to wait until closer to mid game when I have a little more intel and a bit of an idea of whether unconvertable or useful roles may be around.