Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was kinda fun to see you all hypothesize Jabba's role...you gave me way cooler abilities...but no just a mere villager

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
It was kinda fun to see you all hypothesize Jabba's role...you gave me way cooler abilities...but no just a mere villager
Hah yeah. I knew you were village since BBC joined me, but her one request was to try to get you taken out in vengeance so I figured I'd try. I really thought those additions to the write up would have been enough to get you lynched and was kind of surprised when no one seemed to really latch onto it.

Reactions: 3 users

I was a bit less worried about Jabba than everyone else. I was like "Well, if I'm (Lando) not a wolf, no reason to expect Jabba to be."

People were too worried about "REBEL" vs "EMPIRE" when it was really "REBEL" vs "NON-REBEL".

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah yeah. I knew you were village since BBC joined me, but her one request was to try to get you taken out in vengeance so I figured I'd try. I really thought those additions to the write up would have been enough to get you lynched and was kind of surprised when no one seemed to really latch onto it.
The write up additions were just a bit too on the nose, I think. If they were less outright damning then I think more people would have gone for it.

Reactions: 1 users
And then you were kind of pushing Snowy and me to think about it. Which did have us waffling but Caia's vouch kept us off of 3m. Although I admit to still not fully trusting 3m (sorry 3m)

Reactions: 1 user
How do you think I felt hahaha I was just a random guard employed by you. It'd be kinda cool to be a Jabba guard. That'd really freak everyone out.

3M!!! You really were a villager- color me shocked :p

What was up with the fake stuff in the write ups? Did I miss the explanation for it?

Reactions: 2 users
didn't really live long enough to have fun here, but had a great time in spectator chat! thanks, mods!!

3M!!! You really were a villager- color me shocked :p

What was up with the fake stuff in the write ups? Did I miss the explanation for it?
KC wrote them up with BBC's help. Genny could have joined that chat, but she never responded to the offer.

Incidentally, @PrincessButterCup and @LadyOtheFarm, if you'd died, you could've been included in that chat.

Thanks @Zensing and @Lupin21 !! I think it was a good design and I loved how much it took from the movies (I was pretty obsessed at trying to role guess people by the end), plus I like how we were playing for the empire with the wolves being the rebels which was corresponded well to the empire dominance in the movies. I think it was just a mix of new wolves and bad luck that ended the game so quickly. Good Job Village!

Also shout out to @allyphoe you had me so confused, but overall I think you did well as a wolf and I wish you hadn't died by waffles of such a small village turnout
Me in wolf chat: If I get lynched by three people, I'm going to be so mad.

I think it was just super bad luck that the wolves were all fairly noob. Even just one good vet can really help guide them.

I also had a really hard time being happy about lynching rebels, Chewy was especially hard for me. I wanted to scream, NO! CHEWY!!!!! :arghh::bigtears:
That's why I picked LIS to convert. Not because he was cleared, but because he's smart, and at that point, I was just like, "we are dumb and need help." Sorry, LIS - if I'd known you'd hated conversion, I'd have probably picked dy instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who was the rezzer, again?

Good move using it early. Didn't matter in this game, but good move.
It was me. Funnily enough I rezzed early because I remembered you talking about this in a different game where you were the rezzer. Basically that rezzers should always rez early in games because it strengthens village numbers and reduces the chance rezzers will die before they can rez.

That and waiting around for someone important to die sounds boring.

Also killing me night 1...mean wolves! BBC probably just figured I'd vote for her like I usually do.
We felt bad about killing the noobs N1. So we wanted to give all of them a chance to play at least one full cycle.

Reactions: 7 users
And then you were kind of pushing Snowy and me to think about it. Which did have us waffling but Caia's vouch kept us off of 3m. Although I admit to still not fully trusting 3m (sorry 3m)

Yeah @Caia totally saved me!

On spectator chat, STL correctly identified genny, teep, and Nessy as wolves (he actually said 1-2 wolves in that group, but they were all in one group) the day after BBC was lynched the second time.

He also called one wolf from the me / Caia / hmoo group.

So STL clearly wins spectator chat. But I'm going to take it as a win that he gave me some benefit of the doubt.

@Zensing I know you told me if my commanding officer (Dy) died I'd become a big girl and get to choose who I was protecting instead of just following orders.
I'm curious, if I had died, would Dy have received my ability?

I'm at a friend's house on my data so I haven't checked in until now, and turns out I missed the whole end of this thing. I need to up my weekend game.

Amen to this, I really suck at finding time to play on weekends (unless its before Monday/Tuesday tests, then I'm online all weekend long in the library avoiding studying :laugh:).

Way to go villagers! Also LIS, I had no idea that previous games gave conversions a choice. I think I started playing WW after it was a given. Definitely would make it a lot more interesting, I'd like to see that mechanic come back into play.... I usually love to be converted, except when its later in the game and you've been working hard for the village and they're doing so well. So I don't blame you for being irritated on the conversion!

I also LOVE the use of the force as a character. That was a great touch!

On spectator chat, STL correctly identified genny, teep, and Nessy as wolves (he actually said 1-2 wolves in that group, but they were all in one group) the day after BBC was lynched the second time.

He also called one wolf from the me / Caia / hmoo group.

So STL clearly wins spectator chat. But I'm going to take it as a win that he gave me some benefit of the doubt.
I always have a hard time reading you because you're very quiet usually. I only realized you were probably sketch when I finally made my lazy ass make a spreadsheet and realized I knew nothing about you lol.

Shout out to @LadyOtheFarm for her very on point seer play and for being willing to work with me for deciding who to seer/sharing results with me on thread once we couldn't PM anymore.
Thanks! There were 2 or 3 lynches that I was really hoping you would get the message and just follow my lead. The first was pretty obvious, since we had it all set up, but with ally, I hadn't seered, and I wasn't 100%, so I tried to communicate that, but thought it was likely. I'm so glad that worked out!

Except my "normal" play is wolfy, even when I'm village every time. I get lynched first couple of days almost every game, no matter how I play it seems
Preaching to the choir sister! My husband has just assumed I die in the first few days, so he grumbles when I last more than a few rounds. He was excited for me this time because I was so giggly about how I was playing, and yet not dying.

Yup. She played a good game. I was suspicious of her because she was quieter than usual, but she allayed my suspicions with her response to me.

(... and then I got converted. Grr.)
Thanks LIS!
I worked really, really hard to stay under the radar this game. VMH was my best friend for a little bit.

And last night was my attempt to communicate why I thought seering you wasn't worth it. (Originally, I was gonna try to talk the blocker into doing it to somebody else, but decided it was late enough they probably wouldn't see that message before bed. So instead, I just assumed you were the convert and verified that 3m was village instead of chaos. If she was chaos, I was planning on having that debate of whether chaos needed to be taken care of before the last wolf, since I was pretty sure I knew what you were.)

Did my actions actually help anyone who forgot stuff? I at least felt somewhat useful but never really knew if people were forgetting stuff
You had me seer somebody I wouldn't have chosen, but they were in prison anyway. I just took it as my fault. I was stupid tired and dreamed I put in my night action, instead of actually doing it.
It did make me wonder how random the choice was, but I definitely didn't put it all together.

Reactions: 5 users
I always have a hard time reading you because you're very quiet usually. I only realized you were probably sketch when I finally made my lazy ass make a spreadsheet and realized I knew nothing about you lol.
That's why I suspected you. I knew nothing about you and none of your comments leaned village. I nearly seered you several times, but kept deciding there was something else I needed to know more.

That's why I suspected you. I knew nothing about you and none of your comments leaned village. I nearly seered you several times, but kept deciding there was something else I needed to know more.
I tried to keep things on the downlow until I used my ability, then I didn't give af. I thought you had seered me though so lol

Thank you, Zen and Lupin, for the game! I had a lot of fun!

I liked the set up (Empire vs Rebels) and thought characters were well done!

This was supposed to have an ally quote?

I tried to keep things on the downlow until I used my ability, then I didn't give af. I thought you had seered me though so lol
I did seer you. That was why I trusted you. I don't know why it swapped the quote above?

Edit: I'm dumb, responded to you talking to ally...

Also LIS, I had no idea that previous games gave conversions a choice.

It wasn't every game, but it was MORE common, at least. I remember several wolf games where we debated "well, would so-n-so say yes, or....?" And it was common enough that I flat-out made it known that if I was converted I would reject (or opt for death if that was a choice). A few times mods went with "convert-or-die" because it's a little less sucky for the wolves - they either get their convert OR they get a death, but they don't get flat-out hosed for the night. Personally, I prefer the 'choice' method, but either one is superior (in my obviously biased opinion) to "convert or ... uh ... convert."

I also LOVE the use of the force as a character. That was a great touch!

YES. We all know what I think of neutral/chaos. This was a classy way to implement a neutral player. It was meaningful without really controlling the direction of the game. Very nicely done, @Zensing ...

Preaching to the choir sister! My husband has just assumed I die in the first few days, so he grumbles when I last more than a few rounds. He was excited for me this time because I was so giggly about how I was playing, and yet not dying.

Might be time to give up that gripe. I think you've lived quite a bit longer in recent games, just like we told you would happen if you played more and people got an idea of your style. It's true that part of the reason I backed off you was people soft-vouching, but it was largely due to your response to me, which came across as 'normal LoTF'.

Hey, @LadyOtheFarm why didn't you seer me?! I was counting on that lol.

Also, 1 problem I would see with "convert or die" being the normal is that eventually it would "clear" certain people from being converts since it would be assumed they would not convert (eg LIS). So if you are left at end game it would isolate who the potential wolves are even more.

@Zensing I know you told me if my commanding officer (Dy) died I'd become a big girl and get to choose who I was protecting instead of just following orders.
I'm curious, if I had died, would Dy have received my ability?
Nope. Village would have lost its protect role and Dy would have basically become a vanillager.

Yes, you were the only Stormtrooper in the Empire :rolleyes:

I like to think I had phenomenal cosmic powers! But yeah, in actuality very little :)
And you started with even fewer :laugh:. To everyone else - the messages and BBC/other Force users talking to the Force after death was @kcoughli's suggestion. She gets the credit for most of that role.