***The Official Alabama Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

tracy123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys I didn't see anything for this school on here so I decided to make a new thread.
I have an Interview at this University on the 31st of October! Im really excited :D

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in early September. Great school. Definitely top of my list, but I am oos... So we will see!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I cnt wait I looked forward to meeting you! ;=)

@mimi13 thats awesome Im like super nervous b/c the interview is on the same day that my father passed away. I think it's kind of wierd but im probably going to be nervous either way lol I hope they don't drill with crazy questions and im oos as well. I wonder how many oos students they accept especially because their class size is b/w 57-60 students?

They accept maybe 10. Mostly Florida and TN residents. If you are a minority, the school is not diverse at all. It is still a pretty good school.

the acceptance/interview information from DocToothache's spreadsheet (2010 or 2010 i think) says for OOS, they interviewed 41, accepted 23, and usually 8-10 people wind up enrolling. which is pretty good for an OOS I think. like GsuDent says, the odds would def be in your favor in you're a.) URM and b.) from GA/TN/FL

of course at the end of the day, it's about beasting your interview.

@mimi13 thats awesome Im like super nervous b/c the interview is on the same day that my father passed away. I think it's kind of wierd but im probably going to be nervous either way lol I hope they don't drill with crazy questions and im oos as well. I wonder how many oos students they accept especially because their class size is b/w 57-60 students?
It really isn't an interview to be nervous about. Dr. Filler is really nice, and the questions were really laid back. Good luck!

the acceptance/interview information from DocToothache's spreadsheet (2010 or 2010 i think) says for OOS, they interviewed 41, accepted 23, and usually 8-10 people wind up enrolling. which is pretty good for an OOS I think. like GsuDent says, the odds would def be in your favor in you're a.) URM and b.) from GA/TN/FL

of course at the end of the day, it's about beasting your interview.

Well, I am from GA and im considered an URM however, I think I did okay on my DAT. I like this school as well as UT health science center. I just think it's kind of wierd the # of oos most of these schools accept.

Also, does any1 know what the acceptance process is like. Do they request additional information like special letters from the dean and a criminal background check?!? I didn't see that information on their website?!?

Just Got an Interview for November 7th! Anyone else?

Just Got an Interview for November 7th! Anyone else?

I just finished my interview this morning. i am from GA.they are really nice. they just want to know you. there is no tricky question. they even let you know what kind of questions they are gonna ask. "tell me about yourself" is my first question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my interview this morning. i am from GA.they are really nice. they just want to know you. there is no tricky question. they even let you know what kind of questions they are gonna ask. "tell me about yourself" is my first question.

Well this makes me feel better b/c im super nervous for some reason. IDk maybe b/c this is my #1 choice out of the 4 schools that I have interviews at! :xf:

I loved this school...1 of my Favs!! The interview was very laid back Good Luck guys!

Does anyone know how the notifications will go out on monday? Phone, email, AADSAS update?

Thanks!

Phone call by Dr. Filler then snail mail days after

Yayyyy just got the call!!! Acceptance letter is on the way :=)

Congrats! I'm OOS and waiting patiently. Won't give up on UAB. They're definitely my #1 choice!

You will be "JBFutureDMD" in that case!!! ;)

Got the call at 8:13 yesterday! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a FB group called UAB School of Dentistry Class of 2017

Last edited:
Got the call at 8:13 yesterday! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a FB group called UAB School of Dentistry Class of 2017

Hey man,I cant find it. can u double check the name of this group

That call Monday morning was the highlight of my year!

Anyone heard anything since the 1st round acceptances in December? I am figuring they will release 2nd round offers pretty soon after looking at previous years' forum activity. Anyone know anything I don't???? :)

I got the call of my life today at 10:48 from Dr. Filler (missed the first three calls). Accepted off the in-state alternate list! God is good.