*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No, I only had two interviews. Are you guys who are alternates going to email Barbara about where you are on the list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invite from Buffalo, scheduled for 1/8. 12/4 was also open, but can't make it on that date.... finally received the invitation from my in-state school!!!!

Sent from my Parallels Virtual Platform using Tapatalk

does buffalo just do emails or calls too?

Just received an interview invite from Buffalo, scheduled for 1/8. 12/4 was also open, but can't make it on that date.... finally received the invitation from my in-state school!!!!

Congrats to all who got accepted today!! I got an interview invitation today as well, and words can't describe how excited I am! I wonder if the class is already/almost full though... :( Does anyone have an idea...??? by any chance???

HUGE CONGRATS to all the people who heard back today! For those who didn't -

Congrats to all who got accepted today!! I got an interview invitation today as well, and words can't describe how excited I am! I wonder if the class is already/almost full though... :( Does anyone have an idea...??? by any chance???

Not to worry - many, many people in my class interviewed and were accepted after the first round of offers.

want to know this as well.

They said Buffalo only accepts 1/4th of the class size of 90 from OOS. So only 22-23 OOS will be accepted. I think if you're Out of State it might be close but in-state still have a lot of chance. I'm OOS, and I think WildZodiac is also OOS.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that not all OOS acceptances attend. If I receive acceptance from my in-state, then I'm going the IS route.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They said Buffalo only accepts 1/4th of the class size of 90 from OOS. So only 22-23 OOS will be accepted. I think if you're Out of State it might be close but in-state still have a lot of chance. I'm OOS, and I think WildZodiac is also OOS.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that not all OOS acceptances attend. If I receive acceptance from my in-state, then I'm going the IS route.
OOS here and got an offer today. I agree with everything you said. Don't fret guys, the waitlisted will move if OOS applicants get an acceptance from their state school.

Reactions: 1 users
No, I only had two interviews. Are you guys who are alternates going to email Barbara about where you are on the list?
Let me know when you call Barbara and I will do the same. Seems a lot of people with good stats got wait listed this year.

this may have been asked already but has anyone who had previously been placed on "continuing review" gotten an interview? Just curious. Thanks!

this may have been asked already but has anyone who had previously been placed on "continuing review" gotten an interview? Just curious. Thanks!
I know 2 people who got interviews after continuing review

Hi everyone! First off, congratulations to all accepted students!

My name is Stephen Rogers and I am the Class President for the 2018 UBSDM class. Click the link below and request to join the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1501327033468026/

As is customary, the current D1 class officers set up the Facebook page for you and maintain it until you elect your own class officers come next August.

It is here where you can inquire about housing, daily life, local info, school questions, and whatever else. Most of the 2018 class and many upperclassmen will join the group to help answer your questions.

We look forward to communicating with you in the short term, and hopefully meeting you next summer!

Reactions: 1 users
Application submitted 11/17/2014.
Mailing date 11/21/2014.
Application ready for review 12/01/2014.
Invited for interview on 12/02/2014.
Interview date on 12/18/2014.
I'm very excited for the interview! :)

anybody have any clue as to when the waitlist may start to move? I know acceptance day was monday but dam the anticipation is killing me

Application submitted 11/17/2014.
Mailing date 11/21/2014.
Application ready for review 12/01/2014.
Invited for interview on 12/02/2014.
Interview date on 12/18/2014.
I'm very excited for the interview! :)
Cobgrats! What are your stats?

acceptance package! Nice that the everything was signed by hand :)

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you!
GPA (science 3.84 ~ overall 3.76)
DAT (21 AA ~ 22 TS ~ 20 PAT ~ 21 RC)

For people who have already interviewed. How is the writing sample? Difficult/easy? What's the typical length? How much time is provided? What is the actual task of the sample?

For people who have already interviewed. How is the writing sample? Difficult/easy? What's the typical length? How much time is provided? What is the actual task of the sample?

Not sure how much information I'm actually really allowed to provide here but I'll say this much: It's not hard, think SAT essay level type question, and about a third of that length and time.

anyone else got accepted started today or yesterday?

Turned down my previous invitation to interview, OOS, hope this helps someone on here out!

I scheduled for my interview on 1/8, but I noticed 12/18 opened recently (when I scheduled for my interview, 12/18 one was not availble). Going to buffalo in december would make significant difference in admissions process? I checked the stat from last year: 474 people applied, 109 applicants were invited for interview, and 68 of those were offered admission..... If I go on 18th, then I have to ask my professor to let me take the make-up final exam. any advice??

I scheduled for my interview on 1/8, but I noticed 12/18 opened recently (when I scheduled for my interview, 12/18 one was not availble). Going to buffalo in december would make significant difference in admissions process? I checked the stat from last year: 474 people applied, 109 applicants were invited for interview, and 68 of those were offered admission..... If I go on 18th, then I have to ask my professor to let me take the make-up final exam. any advice??

I don't know for sure, but 3 weeks is a lot of time for seats to fill up. I personally would feel way more comfortable going to the earlier interview. I also can't imagine that it would be an issue for your prof to schedule a make-up exam since this would be an excused absence.

I don't know for sure, but 3 weeks is a lot of time for seats to fill up. I personally would feel way more comfortable going to the earlier interview. I also can't imagine that it would be an issue for your prof to schedule a make-up exam since this would be an excused absence.

Thanks for your advice. I am leaning toward going on 12/18!!

so as far as "continuing review" is concerned- is there any hope for an interview?

Did she tell you what half you're in?

I interviewed on Dec 5, got in alternate list on Dec 8. I just called Barbara and she told me I'm in the "upper half". So I think you have to call to know. And she said there won't be any movement till at least mid-Feb

I interviewed on Dec 5, got in alternate list on Dec 8. I just called Barbara and she told me I'm in the "upper half". So I think you have to call to know. And she said there won't be any movement till at least mid-Feb
Do you have any other acceptances already?

Was under "Continuing Review", just got the rejection email. Good luck to everyone else, hopefully that leaves someone else that was under "Continuing Review" up for an interview.

I'm also in the "continuing review" pile and I just sent them an email updating on what I've been up to this semester as well as my current course grades (finals next week so no academic update for a while). They put it in my file and said they will be re-reviewing in a couple weeks.

I'm also in the "continuing review" pile and I just sent them an email updating on what I've been up to this semester as well as my current course grades (finals next week so no academic update for a while). They put it in my file and said they will be re-reviewing in a couple weeks.

I called last week and I had my email all set to go to let them know it looks like I'm at a 4.0 with 2 finals left in my SMP, got the email before I sent my update. It was a nice touch to start the afternoon that's for sure.

wow almost exactly the same here. one final left with most likely 4.0 smp. and didnt even give me a chance to update. got the joyous email in the middle of studying :(