*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Is it better to stay close to the campus for the interview? I'm looking for a place (hotel or inn) to stay.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it better to stay close to the campus for the interview? I'm looking for a place (hotel or inn) to stay.

Last year I stayed at the Wyndham and took the taxi to the school. Took me like 10 mins. They'll get the cab ready for you too

I was gonna stay at the cheap hotel close to the school but it was snowing so I wasn't gonna walk anyways

Reactions: 1 user
There's University manor Inn right across the campus. maybe about 5-10 minute walk to the dental school?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's University manor Inn right across the campus. maybe about 5-10 minute walk to the dental school?

Yes, I found that inn too. It's cheap and very close to the campus. The reviews of that inn are not good though. But it's just one day so it should be fine, i hope.

Yes, I found that inn too. It's cheap and very close to the campus. The reviews of that inn are not good though. But it's just one day so it should be fine, i hope.
Yeah it looks kinda weird too, I always forget it exists because it is kinda hidden. Ha-ha

If anyone's staying at the Comfort Inn for an interview on Oct 2 and would like a ride to the school, message me! :)

What shuttle/taxi service is recommended from Buffalo International?

What shuttle/taxi service is recommended from Buffalo International?
There's only one or two taxi services I believe in Buffalo. Doesn't really matter which you use, public transportation isn't really big in Buffalo except for maybe the subway. So expect to pay a decent amount.

Buffalo has been pretty quiet. Anyone hear anything recently? In state looking to get an interview!

Would it be wise to send more documents to Buffalo? Why me and why I have a low gpa? They do not have supplement so I would like to send thing more about be than just my personal statement and basic professional experience with lil description.

What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be wise to send more documents to Buffalo? Why me and why I have a low gpa? They do not have supplement so I would like to send thing more about be than just my personal statement and basic professional experience with lil description.

What do you all think?
hmm.. I doubt that they would even look at things you send to the office since it's not fair for other applicants.

Anyone interviewing 10/6 and want to split hotels? I have a queens room w/ two beds reserved at University Manor (walking distance from school) for 10/4 and 10/5. PM me if interested.

If anyone is interviewing on October 19 and wants to split a rental car or taxi to and from the airport, PM me!

Does anyone know what the case interview is like? How long? Potential topics? How to best prepare for it, etc.?

Thanks and good luck everyone :)

I have a 10/9 interview, driving up from NYC most likely before hand. Anyone want a ride with me or share hotel/inn/motel?

Does anyone know what the case interview is like? How long? Potential topics? How to best prepare for it, etc.?

Thanks and good luck everyone :)

So the interview will start with a short essay. Then the actual interview. I think different interviewers will have different cases, but I'm not 100% sure about that. You will have 1 case study in the beginning of your interview 1 (2 interviews with 2 faculty). They will give you the case scenario to read and a few minute to think about it and discuss what you think with them. It is not something hard, they just want to know your critical thinking skills, how you present your point of view and defend it. Relax and chill :D UB people are nice

So the interview will start with a short essay. Then the actual interview. I think different interviewers will have different cases, but I'm not 100% sure about that. You will have 1 case study in the beginning of your interview 1 (2 interviews with 2 faculty). They will give you the case scenario to read and a few minute to think about it and discuss what you think with them. It is not something hard, they just want to know your critical thinking skills, how you present your point of view and defend it. Relax and chill :D UB people are nice
Lol I had my case interview for the 2nd one.

Is anyone willing to give me a ride from and to megabus stop for Oct 19th :(? I'll pay for the gas money!

Anyone that interviewed at Buffalo already- did you receive a follow up email stating "update us if your information changes" ?

I had two case interviews with follow up question and a conversation.
Also, my interviewer quoted my personal statement and asked me to elaborate! So make sure u read your ps! I hadn't read mine since May when I wrote it lol!

Got an email for "Continued Review" "I was not selected for an interview but will be periodically be reviewed" Sounds like a fancy rejection.

Just got an invite. UB is my alma mater too! So excited!!

Got an email for "Continued Review" "I was not selected for an interview but will be periodically be reviewed" Sounds like a fancy rejection.
yea just got the same email today

Got that email too. It offended me personally, but then I realized I probably don't actually want to live in Buffalo haha.

But to everyone else, congrats! :thumbup:

Got that email too. It offended me personally, but then I realized I probably don't actually want to live in Buffalo haha.

haha! I guess we need to focus on other interviews lol.. (trying to get over it..) But to others who received interview, Good luck :)

I'd imagine an NY state school is practically impossible for mortal OOSers

I hear they have tunnels underground because you literally can't be outside during winter lol

I didnt get the 'continued review' email everyone is talking about here. Is this a sign of straight up rejection? they didnt even bother sending me an email? lol

:laugh:

:oops::oops::arghh::arghh:

I didnt get the 'continued review' email everyone is talking about here. Is this a sign of straight up rejection? they didnt even bother sending me an email? lol

Right there with ya bud

Did anyone get a email letter thanking them for attending the interview?

Probably better you didn't get that email.

I saw some of you kids interviewing yesterday in the basement floor of squire.. All cute in your suits!

Hope you enjoyed your day. I'm only a D1 but I've been welcomed here since day one. Awesome faculty, really top tier.

Good luck with your decisions in dec!

Reactions: 2 users
Just cancelled my interview slot. There is now an open slot on November 2nd.

A little late but received an Interview Invite on 10/13
GPA sci/overall: 3.32/3.35
Dat AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR: 20/22/20/19/17
Oos - Cali

Earliest date was Dec 4. Just hoping this isn't to late. If anyone is looking to cancel their Interview please let me know!!