*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I was reading last years thread and they were discussing status change to "check back dec 1", anyone have that? Mine still says invited for interview and im freaking out

Members don't see this ad.

Nvm my last post, i got in!!! So pumped

Reactions: 1 users
I dreamed of what this moment would be like for what feels like a very long time.. I am going to be a dentist!! My first acceptance, ACCEPTED TO BUFFALO!!!!! :highfive::luck: :biglove:Received email at 3:02am EST, no portal change as of now! Will revise later with stats/mail-out info so next year's applicants can reference, but for now I am just BEYOND BEYOND grateful for the opportunity to attend such a great school! Probably time to sleep before class tomorrow..

*Edit: For future applicants to reference because I know when I was making a list of schools to apply, the main thread was kind of hard to navigate so I went straight to individual schools' threads! Hope this helps!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (2nd batch)
Application complete date: 7/8/15
Received interview invitation on: 8/24/15
Received thank-you email for attending interview on: 11/2/15
Acceptance notified on: 12/1/15 via email @3:02am EST and portal status was eventually changed to "Offer Made" later in the day on Dec. 1st; Received phone call around 8:30am EST!
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.43 (this is with formal post-bacc included)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/21/no
Approx. Shadowing Hours: 204 (36 hours being of a specialty, everything else was from 5 different general dentists)
Approx. Volunteer Hours (dental+non-dental related): 328
Approx. Research Hours: 608 (psychology research assistant)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance!!!!! 202 am ct !!!!!!!!

Oos il

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTANCE!!!!

Good luck guys!

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of future Eskimos here! Great!

Members don't see this ad :)
3am, surprised me it was that early

Pretty heartbroken that I didn't get an accepted email...I'm OOS but Buffalo was my favorite school I interviewed at. Do you think this means rejection?

I mean as far as safety?

A few blocks down from the school is a bit more poorer than the rest of the area. But everything from the actual school and northward is great. theres some really nice neighborhoods here.

Pretty heartbroken that I didn't get an accepted email...I'm OOS but Buffalo was my favorite school I interviewed at. Do you think this means rejection?

Not over until its over.

In the same boat :( I was in the second interview date so I'm a little worried.

congrats to everyone that was accepted!!

I'm interviewing there next week. Hoping for good news

Accepted :) Interviewed 11/13, NY resident

They called me 20 min ago to let me know about my acceptance!

congrats :) , looking forward to finally meeting you in the fall

I'll be the one dressed in a giant chicken wing costume the entire 4 years!

Accepted. Looking forward to joining you guys next fall!

P.S. This has been playing in my head since I heard the news:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if alternate emails have been sent out or have only the acceptances been emailed so far? Looking at past threads it seems like alternate and acceptance emails have been sent around the same times.

Wondering the same thing

Accepted as well! I'm Canadian. :)
I interviewed in October and still haven't heard from them...anyone else in the same boat?
same here... mine was end of October and i was told that they would get us update by December 1st. Idk but they might give us snail mail on rejection??? Hope that there's another round of acceptance email/phone call soon..

Wait listed. What are the chances of getting off the waitlist?

I was wait listed two years ago. Each year varies in terms of how many get pulled from the list. The upper 1/3 of the list have the best shot at acceptance. I am a NY resident as well. Hope that helps. Keep your chin up, anything is possible!

Going to interview Friday. What are the chances I hear back by the end of the month?

Got my acceptance package today.

Reactions: 2 users
On the same boat of "continued reviews"..are there actually any chances? Any previous applicants/students from UoB please help!

Hello and congrats to everyone getting accepted!
I have an interview tomorrow (12/04). Can anyone give me feedback on when exactly the interview will end? Their email states around 4/4:30. Is that realistic?
Also, if anyone can give me a general overview of the interview day, that would be great!!!

Hello and congrats to everyone getting accepted!
I have an interview tomorrow (12/04). Can anyone give me feedback on when exactly the interview will end? Their email states around 4/4:30. Is that realistic?
Also, if anyone can give me a general overview of the interview day, that would be great!!!

Interview day is pretty straightforward. You'll get there, have a little introduction, do a simple writing sample, have some presentations, a tour of the school, then lunch. Interviews are in the afternoon. I was finished by 2 or so, but I was one of the first to interview. I know others were there long after that, so it really depends on when you interview. Also, I only had one interview, but others had two separate interviews in the afternoon.

Interview day is pretty straightforward. You'll get there, have a little introduction, do a simple writing sample, have some presentations, a tour of the school, then lunch. Interviews are in the afternoon. I was finished by 2 or so, but I was one of the first to interview. I know others were there long after that, so it really depends on when you interview. Also, I only had one interview, but others had two separate interviews in the afternoon.

Okay thats good to know. My flight is departing at 6:20 PM so hopefully I will have enough time. Thanks for the input!