The Official June 21, 2014 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saxappeal1

M.D.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I know a lot of us were posting on June MCAT'ers unite, but I want to get to know the progress of all of us 6/21'ers in particular. Let's do it.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd certainly like to be. Don't have tickets for any of the above yet, so itll depend on what I happen across. When was your first show??
My first show is tonight for the this summer. Goin tomorrow and this weekend as well. (NC-VA swing). Got lowers for every show and pit Saturday. I always wait about a week before the show to get tickets , always tons of ticket drops.

Members don't see this ad :)
My first show is tonight for the this summer. Goin tomorrow and this weekend as well. (NC-VA swing). Got lowers for every show and pit Saturday. I always wait about a week before the show to get tickets , always tons of ticket drops.

Yeah, i used to get warehouse tickets..my buddy signed up back in 98, so we had good seats usually. Though, those days are over now... Otherwise, I usually just buy them the day of in the lot.

I meant your first show ever...didnt you say you've been to 25ish?

I'm confused so they have usually tweeted around 12:15 pm that the scores are released but then they do not actually come out until around 3:15 pm?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post on SDN, and this was the second MCAT for me. The first was the worst case scenario... I woke up the morning of the exam vomiting blood, unable to eat or drink, and extremely nauseous. I went to urgent care and was give 4 medications that did nothing to alleviate the symptoms, but did make me extremely drowsy. I don't know why I decided to take the exam anyway (or better question - why I didn't void) but I was essentially 75% asleep during the exam, essentially guessed on nearly all the verbal (usually my highest score), didn't finish about 5-7 questions of physical, and had to rush through biological as well. I was averaging 38.5 on the practice tests, with 40 on the last two I took (I believe these were exams 11 and 9) and never scoring below 33 on a practice exam. I am really hoping that this exam provides me with a better score, although the biological section was really rough in my opinion.Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post on SDN, and this was the second MCAT for me. The first was June 5th, and it was the worst case scenario... I woke up the morning of the exam vomiting blood, unable to eat or drink, and extremely nauseous. I went to urgent care and was give 4 medications that did nothing to alleviate the symptoms, but did make me extremely drowsy. I don't know why I decided to take the exam anyway (or better question - why I didn't void) but I was essentially 75% asleep during the exam, essentially guessed on nearly all the verbal (usually my highest score), didn't finish about 5-7 questions of physical, and had to rush through biological as well. I got a 24 on that exam, which was honestly a lot higher than I expected, but I was averaging 38.5 on the practice tests, with 40 on the last two I took (I believe these were exams 11 and 9) and never scoring below 33 on a practice exam. I am really hoping that the June 21st exam provides me with a better score, although the biological section was really rough in my opinion. I have a 4.0 GPA so I am hoping for anything 28 or above. Good luck everyone!

I'm new to SDN, as well. It sounds like you had a really rough first exam... I don't know how you even took it lol. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post on SDN, and this was the second MCAT for me. The first was June 5th, and it was the worst case scenario... I woke up the morning of the exam vomiting blood, unable to eat or drink, and extremely nauseous. I went to urgent care and was give 4 medications that did nothing to alleviate the symptoms, but did make me extremely drowsy. I don't know why I decided to take the exam anyway (or better question - why I didn't void) but I was essentially 75% asleep during the exam, essentially guessed on nearly all the verbal (usually my highest score), didn't finish about 5-7 questions of physical, and had to rush through biological as well. I got a 24 on that exam, which was honestly a lot higher than I expected, but I was averaging 38.5 on the practice tests, with 40 on the last two I took (I believe these were exams 11 and 9) and never scoring below 33 on a practice exam. I am really hoping that the June 21st exam provides me with a better score, although the biological section was really rough in my opinion. I have a 4.0 GPA so I am hoping for anything 28 or above. Good luck everyone!
You'd be okay with 28 after doing so well on the practice? I'd be kind of disappointed with anything less than -1 from my practice avg

It was definitely tough. It also didn't help that where I live, summer afternoons are 105-115 degrees, and June 5th was a 1 pm exam. Just walking a quarter of the mile to the testing center from my car took out any energy I had left!

You'd be okay with 28 after doing so well on the practice? I'd be kind of disappointed with anything less than -1 from my practice avg

Honestly, I don't really care how I do so long as it's enough to get accepted somewhere. The medical school I am hoping to go to is my in-state school, which has an average MCAT of about 28-30. I would be a lot happier with 30+ but I won't retake again if I get 28+. The admissions people at that school told me I could probably get in with the 24, which is the minimum requirement at that school, because I have really strong EC and GPA.

studying is proving to be futile today...i cant remember anything I just read. Hard to believe by 1215 this afternoon I may be able to close these mcat books forever and forget about my test on Friday...!

Reactions: 1 users
I think that I've resigned myself to getting ~26 with 10PS, 8VR, 8 BS. I really really don't want to have to reatke, but with that score I'll have to.

studying is proving to be futile today...i cant remember anything I just read. Hard to believe by 1215 this afternoon I may be able to close these mcat books forever and forget about my test on Friday...!
Woah, did you schedule a retake on Friday? I hope you get a great score and don't have to resit the exam!

Woah, did you schedule a retake on Friday? I hope you get a great score and don't have to resit the exam!

I think a lot of people scheduled retakes on the 24th, 25th and next week. Many will probably just not show up, but the aamc will have a great blast because it'll make tons of money regardless.

Admittedly the aamc needs to make an option for late term cancelation and allow people who are scheduled in their non-preferred location to take these spaces. I mean if I don't retake and I'm in a prime location why can't I help someone not drive to a different state?

Reactions: 1 user
I think a lot of people scheduled retakes on the 24th, 25th and next week. Many will probably just not show up, but the aamc will have a great blast because it'll make tons of money regardless.

Admittedly the aamc needs to make an option for late term cancelation and allow people who are scheduled in their non-preferred location to take these spaces. I mean if I don't retake and I'm in a prime location why can't I help someone not drive to a different state?

They profit off of it. Freaked out premeds+month wait=rescheds like no tomorrow.

I agree, I had to drive 5 hours to Erie to take mine, and I rescheduled as soon as I could from May 8th.

But that would interfere with the aamc's mission of taking advantage of poor college students... I mean preparing the best and brightest for careers as physicians and physician-scientists.

I'm glad I chose to work from home today. Then I don't have to worry about crying in front of my coworkers.

yup...after 6/21 i wanted the piece of mind knowing I could re-take and still apply early in the cycle. If I get a score that's good enough I don't have to worry about re-taking, that 275 will NOT be missed. It's like betting against your favorite team in the super bowl...

My heart is actually racing right now. My normal heart rate is about 54 and right now I'm at about 110.

I am getting literally ZERO work done right now. I'm just sitting here. Not like I have a whole lot to do at the moment, but still, lol...

Yeah, i used to get warehouse tickets..my buddy signed up back in 98, so we had good seats usually. Though, those days are over now... Otherwise, I usually just buy them the day of in the lot.

I meant your first show ever...didnt you say you've been to 25ish?

19, just looked it up which means I'll hit 20,21, 22 and 23 this week. My first one ever was 7.1.08, first show without Roi :( wbu?

That was nice set

Dave Matthews Band
April 4, 2002
MCI Center, Washington, DC

Too Much
What Would You Say
So Right [tease]
I Did It
Busted Stuff
Raven
Warehouse
Where Are You Going
Drive In Drive Out
Improv jam
The Space Between
Rhyme & Reason
Big Eyed Fish »
Bartender »
Grace Is Gone
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel
-----------------------------------
Pig
Don't Drink the Water

I'm 23 turning 24 soon, I always do the Cvill runs since I'm on this side of the country but I wanna make a gorge trek soon

I used to live in Virginia back in the day...have seen them in cville a few times. went to their last two shows before their hiatus a few years ago in cville...those were some solid shows.

That was nice set

Dave Matthews Band
April 4, 2002
MCI Center, Washington, DC

Too Much
What Would You Say
So Right [tease]
I Did It
Busted Stuff
Raven
Warehouse
Where Are You Going
Drive In Drive Out
Improv jam
The Space Between
Rhyme & Reason
Big Eyed Fish »
Bartender »
Grace Is Gone
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel
-----------------------------------
Pig
Don't Drink the Water

Yeah, pig at the time hadn't been played in quite a while/often, if I rememebr correctly.

Best show ive ever seen is still from that year...12/21/02, the one where james brown came out before the encore at MSG...place went absolutely nuts.