*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Okay so basically I submitted my supplemental on July 5th and I have not heard anything from them. Does that mean it's a rejection. I apparently read that getting a supplemental means you will get an interview. Lol am i an exception?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so basically I submitted my supplemental on July 5th and I have not heard anything from them. Does that mean it's a rejection. I apparently read that getting a supplemental means you will get an interview. Lol am i an exception?

Oh man, I had high hopes for the "2 months after supplemental". It IS getting pretty late in the cycle :/

Did they send you a confirmation email after you confirmed your interview date on the phone?

Never mind! I did not see the previous posts with the same question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man, I had high hopes for the "2 months after supplemental". It IS getting pretty late in the cycle :/
I'm hoping the same. I'm at a month and a half since I submitted the supplemental. Hoping to hear something soon. It's been pretty quiet lately at a lot of schools though, so maybe in the next 2 weeks it'll start up again

I'm hoping the same. I'm at a month and a half since I submitted the supplemental. Hoping to hear something soon. It's been pretty quiet lately at a lot of schools though, so maybe in the next 2 weeks it'll start up again

I'm on the 20th, so I'll post and let you know

I'm getting pretty anxious now.. why so quiet umd?!

Has anyone heard anything lately?
I was given the supplemental last month, but haven't heard a peep since then.
Was really hoping for a pre-december interview....

I got my supplemental and finished it august 28th. Any day now would be great

Reactions: 3 users

Nope.. I'm crossing my fingers for something next week! My supp was finished aug 18th

hi guys
do you know if maryland fills most of their spots by dec 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys
do you know if maryland fills most of their spots by dec 1?

They said they send out about 100 out of state acceptances on Dec 1 (anticipating most people will decline) and about 30 in state acceptances. They continue to send out more in state acceptances over the next couple weeks after dec 1st through the spring semester. They also mentioned that they do continue to interview after Dec 1st, knowing that there are still qualified candidates who may have just submitted their applications late.

Last edited:
They said they send out about 100 out of state acceptances on Dec 1 (anticipating most people will decline) and about 30 in state acceptances. They continue to send out more in state acceptances over the next couple weeks after dec 1st though the spring semester. They also mentioned that they do continue to interview after Dec 1st, knowing that there are still qualified candidates who may have just submitted their applications late.
does this mean they will not send out any more out of state acceptance after dec 1st?

does this mean they will not send out any more out of state acceptance after dec 1st?

They didn't mention whether they would or would not. My guess is possibly, but definitely not as many as the in state acceptances after dec 1st. They probably send out the bulk of their out of state acceptances on dec 1st.

I am out of state and that is what I heard at the interview

They didn't mention whether they would or would not. My guess is possibly, but definitely not as many as the in state acceptances after dec 1st. They probably send out the bulk of their out of state acceptances on dec 1st.

damn.. if that's true then maybe i'm an exception to the supp = interview rule :dead: hopefully theres another round of pre-dec interviews left

Reactions: 1 user
damn.. if that's true then maybe i'm an exception to the supp = interview rule :dead: hopefully theres another round of pre-dec interviews left

I would be another exception...:grumpy:

I nvr got an invite either after doing supplemental...is the supplemental=interview idea an actual thing or is it just a myth b/c nothing on their website implies that.

^They could still give an interview after Dec 1. Don't lose hope!
Or, maybe it's just another part of a weed out process?
all applicants >>>supplemental > interview > accepted
The supplemental wasn't too substantial, so I don't know how they'd really weed people out with that. Who knows.

Same boat here :-/

BUT - historically it does appear that supplemental = (eventual) interview..
BUT - who really knows anything, lol.

I think i'm getting grey hair from this process.

Reactions: 1 users
You just described my experiences exactly. Guess we're on the same boat. Have you heard back from them?

Nothing yet.

I've been beating myself up because I got the request for supplemental on a Friday, late morning.
I was working that day and didn't have access to a computer, so I didn't turn it in until Saturday, which means they didn't get it until the following Monday.

So, of course because I over think every step of this whole situation, I've been wondering if I had *just* gone to kinkos or something and filled it out immediately, I would have gotten an interview.

The drama of it all!!

You just described my experiences exactly. Guess we're on the same boat. Have you heard back from them?
No. I called the admission office to make sure they receive my letter. But they said they don't know. If they need anything they will Contact me. Otherwise, they probably receive it.

I saw a person who got interview on 11/17 from them two days ago and he/she is batch 13. I am batch 15 though.

Which batch are you in ?

Nothing yet.

I've been beating myself up because I got the request for supplemental on a Friday, late morning.
I was working that day and didn't have access to a computer, so I didn't turn it in until Saturday, which means they didn't get it until the following Monday.

So, of course because I over think every step of this whole situation, I've been wondering if I had *just* gone to kinkos or something and filled it out immediately, I would have gotten an interview.

The drama of it all!!
I don't it is your fault. I got the supplemental same day when my GPA got verified, but my chemistry letter was not sent until the following Monday. Don't blame yourself for this.

Let's think in this way. If they ever need to give out more interviews, they will more possibly choose from those who submited supplemental rather than send out new supplementals. ( like an active under reviewed pool)

No. I called the admission office to make sure they receive my letter. But they said they don't know. If they need anything they will Contact me. Otherwise, they probably receive it.

I saw a person who got interview on 11/17 from them two days ago and he/she is batch 13. I am batch 15 though.

Which batch are you in ?
T

Last edited:
Nothing yet.

The drama of it all!!
T

Last edited:
I didn't even realize our batch numbers were made accessible until you mentioned it lol. I was verified on 10/6 I think and received the supplemental the same day. I didn't submit for a few days though. How do I access this number batch number? I called them and they said the same exact thing to me.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/official-batch-numbers-and-dates.1152456/
This a thread containing all the date and batch number. I guess you are probably batch 16.

Do you mind sharing other school you applied? Did you hear back from any of them yet ?

Which batch are you in ?

This person got an interview invite this week for MD in Nov?

I think I'm in batch 13.

It's based on mail date, right?

I'm a bit confused. Why the rush in getting the supplemental out the same day? Would it really make a difference? I waited up to a week before submitting some of my supplemental applications. Now you've got me worried lol.

It prolly makes no difference.
I'm just sharing how crazy i'm making myself, lol.

Yeah it's based on mail date.

oh boy. now i'm kinda scurr'd
I'm in batch 13.

Maybe this is a good sign... maybe there is hope for pre-dec interview.

do you know is he/she OOS or IS?
I couldn't find the post

not to be a "downer" but i am batch 7, submitted my supplemental on 8/6...oh, and i'm an alum................:arghh:

Thanks for the link btw! I applied to so many random schools I'm not even considering at this point (since I can't afford the travel accommodations anyway), but I wasn't sure since I was submitting so late. I applied to a bunch of the safety schools in the east coast, a few midwest ones, nothing on the west coast. I've received 4 interviews so far, all within 2 weeks of my mail out date but nothing after that. I have one at NYU, VCU, NOVA, and Arizona Midwestern. The latter two schools are both post december interviews, their dates were filled up. I'm really just concerned with hearing back from Columbia, Harvard, and UMD.
I applied to tons of private schools as well. Only hear back from NYU and unlv. Didn't hear back from VCU.
I should have applied to nova and Midwestern az since I thought their seats filled quickly.
Now I m mainly waiting to hear back from stony brook, buffalo, umd and Columbia.

It prolly makes no difference.
I'm just sharing how crazy i'm making myself, lol.

I think we're all driving ourselves insane at this point lol. I remember a few months ago everyone was saying how it doesn't make a difference between 1st and 6th batch, since they're all early.. but now I'm like fml why didn't I submit right away in june :oldman:

I should really just block sdn and go hide in my corner rehearsing interview questions for the one school I have coming up, haha...

on a more positive note, i saw on last year's thread that someone received a pre-dec interview on halloween!!

Reactions: 2 users
He is from Florida.

He also receive an interview from New England.

Btw I am New York. I was thinking : at least I am closer to Baltimore. Maybe people from Florida just sound more adorable?

not to be a "downer" but i am batch 7, submitted my supplemental on 8/6...oh, and i'm an alum................:arghh:

I haven't gotten any love from my alma mater yet either.. feeling your pain..:dead:

I applied to tons of private schools as well. Only hear back from NYU and unlv. Didn't hear back from VCU.
I should have applied to nova and Midwestern az since I thought their seats filled quickly.
Now I m mainly waiting to hear back from stony brook, buffalo, umd and Columbia.
T

Last edited:
I think we're all driving ourselves insane at this point lol. I remember a few months ago everyone was saying how it doesn't make a difference between 1st and 6th batch, since they're all early.. but now I'm like fml why didn't I submit right away in june :oldman:

I should really just block sdn and go hide in my corner rehearsing interview questions for the one school I have coming up, haha...
T

Last edited:
yeah. me too. I spent a lot applying for so many schools. Let s hope for the best. haha :highfive:
I really ran out of money applying to so many schools. NOVA and MWU are both ones I'm probably not willing to dish out so much money for such late interviews lol. I spoke with columbia and apparently they've "reviewed" my application, But they haven't made the decision to give me an interview, as they're seeking out the "competitive" applicants first. Guess there are too many people better than us :p haha

^They could still give an interview after Dec 1. Don't lose hope!
Or, maybe it's just another part of a weed out process?
all applicants >>>supplemental > interview > accepted
The supplemental wasn't too substantial, so I don't know how they'd really weed people out with that. Who knows.

From what I understand the supplemental only takes GPA, DAT, and primary AADSAS app into account. I think the interview is determined after they look at rec letters.

I still have not received a supplemental. 7.28 mail out OOS. :eek:

Interview #4:soexcited:

School: University of Maryland
Notification date: 10/27/2015
Method of notification: E-Mail
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/02/2015
Application complete date: 10/16/2015
Supplemental date: 10/16/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/No

has anyone in-state applicants received an interview recently??