The Official May 31, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k12123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there's a thread on this but I couldn't find one. If there is, please let me know! Anyway, I took the TBR course from September(ish?)-December and was going to take the exam on January but wasn't ready enough go forward. Anyway I will be starting SN2's 3 month plan either today or tomorrow using the TBR books as well as EKs with TBR, TPR, and AAMC FLs. So who's with me??

Members don't see this ad.

Luckily I'm west coast so I only have to wait till noon or so, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to find the courage to look! Does it show the added up score and the break down or just the break down?

Luckily I'm west coast so I only have to wait till noon or so, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to find the courage to look! Does it show the added up score and the break down or just the break down?

Shows everything, man. They even post the pic they snapped of you as you decided whether to Void or Score.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I've decided that I'm logging in and then closing my eyes and having someone read me the score. I don't know why on earth I think this is a good idea but I'm going nuts over here.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone seen a picture of the screen that comes up when the score is released? I thought I saw one once from someone whose name had been blanked out. I can't find it now and wish I could so I would have an idea of what to expect.

Has anyone seen a picture of the screen that comes up when the score is released? I thought I saw one once from someone whose name had been blanked out. I can't find it now and wish I could so I would have an idea of what to expect.
just google mcat score screen shot, should come up in google images.

Reactions: 1 user
Tomorrow will be our moment of justice, our day of glory in the hot sun. We will rise up and take our destiny into our own hands. We will beat back the tide of oppression that threatens to take away all that we hold dear. WE ARE UNITED!

Reactions: 2 users
Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best... Good luck everyone. Its been a grueling experience preparing for this animal. I hope each and everyone of us never has to go through this again. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Sorry that was supposed to get posted on marxism.com

I meant to say good night my fellow MCATers. Do try to get some sleep and we shall rejoice and cry together tomorrow. FYI i plan on rejoicing :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Had to be up for a morning shift, and I kind of hate my boss because of it. Knowing that the scores come out today is really making me freak out. Only like 8.5 hrs left!

Excited for everyone today! Just a friendly reminder that false reports of score availability WILL result in temporary loss of posting privileges!

Ta! :D

Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile

Well, I managed 6 hours of sleep. Now just laying here, brain going 1,000 miles an hour. :boom:

Everyone make sure to check their twitter to stay on top of when the scores are released rather than logging in to AAMC every minute. Twitter: @AAMC_MCAT

Good morning guys! Wishing everyone the best today. I think ive just come to terms that my score is crap but I still dont want to check. I just know I'll be starting a post bac program in the fall for sure now.

how many more rotations of the moon are left before we get these scores?!

Below is the format another thread used to post their scores. It was helpful for me when I was trying to get an idea of what to expect on the MCAT.

AAMC Average:

Post-test expected score:

Actual Score:

Comments:

I feel like my heart is in supraventricular tachycardia with occasional runs of vtach. I just told one of my coworkers to not let me check my score while at work.

Ahhhh!!!!

i wish i could.. these people are all so close to me :(

can this be over already?
Oh I hear ya.. Welp, it wasn't easy telling everybody I got a 24 the first time! I really stressed the fact that I only studied for two weeks. Lol. This time, however, I have no excuse. I did the Kaplan course in January and was in the zone since then.

I remember posting good luck messages on these forums for the past few months, and now it's my turn .. can't believe it man... :annoyed:

Some tips on how to check your score.

Do not check your score near any tall buildings.

Do check your score in a well ventilated area.

If you should vomit do try to avoid other people or the inside of cars.

Do not check your score next to a busy street.

Refrain from immediately applying to all the DO schools with in seconds of the score release.

Do procure some adderall or ritalin or beta blockers if your score is less than 22. They will guarantee a score at least 10 points higher. Adderall laced with cocaine has been shown to be the most effective.

Refrain from ordering a t shirt with your score on it in neon pink.

Refrain from immediately applying to Harvard for no reason other than your MCAT score proves you are a direct descendant of Albert Einstein.

Do use your resulting hearts problems from checking your score as essay for why you want to be a cardiologist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I remember posting good luck messages on these forums for the past few months, and now it's my turn .. can't believe it man... :annoyed:

taking my mcat tomorrow, but just chiming in here to say good luck to you as I've seen a few of your posts around, and also to the rest of you guys! hope you all end up with a pleasant surprise.

taking my mcat tomorrow, but just chiming in here to say good luck to you as I've seen a few of your posts around, and also to the rest of you guys! hope you all end up with a pleasant surprise.

#We'reGonnaNailIt

i've been following you guys as well ! can't say how much I am praying for you two and all July 2nd MCATers... remember confidence + good night sleep = success

i've been following you guys as well ! can't say how much I am praying for you two and all July 2nd MCATers... remember confidence + good night sleep = success

Haha thank you! Definitely going to bed at like 9pm tonight. I need to go buy some doughnuts or something.

Some tips on how to check your score.

Refrain from immediately applying to all the DO schools with in seconds of the score release.

Do procure some aderol or ridilin or beta blockers if your score is less than 22. They will guarantee a score at least 10 points higher. Aderol laced with cocaine has been shown to be the most effective.

:rofl: Adderall, people!! It works!! Also, my AACOMAS is filled out and ready to go!

Coffee was a mistake. Heart is racing. Just had a patient and forgot about things for a little. Hoping for a busy day at work so time will fly. Ahhhh!!!! Good luck everyone!!!

means a lot, appreciate it! now lets hope the universe rewards some good people, starting today.

Fellow May 31st person here. Just stopping by to say good luck to you all. Lets hope our dreams come true! :)

As an aside, I almost passed out while in the process of logging in to check my ACT score. I think I will definitely be sitting down to check this one..

EDIT: The first statement is assuming our dreams are of good scores and not bad ones.. :)

Last edited:
Steadily increasing anxiety for the past week or so here. Kept me up last night. When I finally fell asleep, I dreamed about it and woke up. Repeat. Feel like a train wreck haha. Wouldn't be so bad if PS hadn't been so awful. I felt good about the other two. Oh well, nothing can be done about it now. Off to the gym! Good luck everyone!