****The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Has anyone who interviewed in the beginning of January hear back yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed in the beginning of January hear back yet?

No +pity+

I check my Midwestern portal about three times a day and I have my phone by my side 24/7 ready for that email.
Going off of last year's thread, they might let us know next week (maybe Thursday or Friday?) :xf:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No +pity+

I check my Midwestern portal about three times a day and I have my phone by my side 24/7 ready for that email.
Going off of last year's thread, they might let us know next week (maybe Thursday or Friday?) :xf:
What day did you interview lol? They just emailed me back, and told me they can contact me at anytime.

I thought they mentioned it could be 6-8 weeks for a decision. Maybe thats like the max amount of time. Hope we all hear soon :) good news, of course haha

I thought they mentioned it could be 6-8 weeks for a decision. Maybe thats like the max amount of time. Hope we all hear soon :) good news, of course haha
Yea I remember them saying something about beginning of feb. I hope we all hear good news soon!

What did the interview day consist of?

You walk into the Science Hall building and are immediately welcomed. You find your name tag on a desk and you are handed a folder that has a label on in it either Group 1 or Group 2.
Then you walk to a conference room upstairs where you will find all the other interviewees. There should be 16 of you. 8 of you are in Group 1 and 8 of you are in Group 2. At around 8:30 the Dean will walk in and give a general presentation about the school. Then Group 1 goes straight to the interviews while Group 2 takes a tour of the SIM labs and classrooms with some D3 and D4 students. Group 2 basically hangs out with these students and you get the chance to ask all the questions you have. Then when Group 1 is all done with their interviews we switch. Group 1 gets the tour and group 2 gets interviewed. After that we all go back to the conference room and get a financial aid presentation. Then we all walk to lunch together.
Then we all take a shuttle to the dental clinic and tour that building. After that we take the shuttle back to the school and we go back into the conference room to pick up our belongings and head home. We left the school at around 2:45.

and then you join us in the waiting game! :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
You walk into the Science Hall building and are immediately welcomed. You find your name tag on a desk and you are handed a folder that has a label on in it either Group 1 or Group 2.
Then you walk to a conference room upstairs where you will find all the other interviewees. There should be 16 of you. 8 of you are in Group 1 and 8 of you are in Group 2. At around 8:30 the Dean will walk in and give a general presentation about the school. Then Group 1 goes straight to the interviews while Group 2 takes a tour of the SIM labs and classrooms with some D3 and D4 students. Group 2 basically hangs out with these students and you get the chance to ask all the questions you have. Then when Group 1 is all done with their interviews we switch. Group 1 gets the tour and group 2 gets interviewed. After that we all go back to the conference room and get a financial aid presentation. Then we all walk to lunch together. Lunch was delicious!
Then we all take a shuttle to the dental clinic and tour that building. After that we take the shuttle back to the school and we go back into the conference room to pick up our belongings and head home. We left the school at around 2:45.

and then you join us in the waiting game! :whistle:

Awesome breakdown! Thanks so much, good luck to everyone!

I interviewed on Thursday January 15th.
During my interview they said "it usually takes about a month" haha we all heard something different apparently!
But I looked at last year's thread and theres people that found out a couple days after their interview. There's people that interviewed the 28th and found out on the 30th! So I'm hoping they let us know by the 30th!! :nod:
I feel like we are going to hear back next week. I'm so anxious, about this!

Anyone that has already been accepted, want to share the types of questions they had in their interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that has already been accepted, want to share the types of questions they had in their interview?

Don't mean to be rude, but if you just go back one page, you will find the answer you need.

I saw the list of questions on the interview feedback page, but those are from previous years. I heard they changed many of the questions?

I saw the list of questions on the interview feedback page, but those are from previous years. I heard they changed many of the questions?

I see. The types of questions may not change, if that's what you were asking. They will ask you some general things that have little or no connections to dentistry. They want to get inside your brain and figure out what kind of person you are.

But, if you are looking for the exact questions, I guess someone who just recently had an interview could answer your question. However, based on what happened in the previous years, the questions do not change. They just recycle the questions.

Anyone think we will hear something this week? I didn't interview long ago but Im so anxious to find out :)

The really don't change
Anyone think we will hear something this week? I didn't interview long ago but Im so anxious to find out :)
I believe so, I have an exam coming up and really don't want to be discouraged. I feel like it will be either tomorrow or thursday. If not then, then definitely next week hopefully!

So anyone hear back?

No :unsure:

My guess is for next week Tuesday or Thursday. Going by what I see on this forum, I know they have interviews today but I don't think they have any interviews next week...next one I see is February 10th. So it would make sense for us to hear back next week. :xf::xf::xf:

No :unsure:

My guess is for next week Tuesday or Thursday. Going by what I see on this forum, I know they have interviews today but I don't think they have any interviews next week...next one I see is February 10th. So it would make sense for us to hear back next week. :xf::xf::xf:
These dental schools really know how to mess with there applicants lol

Rejection from Midwestern Downer's Grove, snail mail, no interview. Letter dated 1/21/15.

Anyone going to be at the feb 19th interview? Anyone know how many spots are left?

Anyone hear back from jan interviews?

Just got an acceptance!!!!! Will be declining for my state school-- hope it goes to one of you!

Just got an acceptance!!!!! Will be declining for my state school-- hope it goes to one of you!
When did you interview? And how were you notified? Has anyone else heard back? I'm starting to worry :(

Don't worry! I interviewed Jan 15th. Notified by email and then noticed my portal changed on their website. There is a ton of time and spots left, I'm sure!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via email! completed application late August, interviewed early Jan.

Reactions: 3 users
Yay got my acceptance letter at 9:08 am. Applied mid September, interviewed late January. Thank you god.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted as well today at 9. Couldn't be more excited!

Reactions: 2 users
If we got an email "Enhance your professional skills: MWU's Biomedical Sciences Programs" this afternoon, is that hinting toward a rejection via snail mail? :'(

If we got an email "Enhance your professional skills: MWU's Biomedical Sciences Programs" this afternoon, is that hinting toward a rejection via snail mail? :'(
No I don't think so. My interview is in the next 2 weeks and I received that so I think they send it to everybody.

Hi guys, is there anyone driving to the interview on February 19th and going to the airport afterward? I fly in on the 18th in the morning. If you could, please give me a ride on the interview day and I'll share the cost of rental car or pay you back. Thank you so much!

Hi guys, is there anyone driving to the interview on February 19th and going to the airport afterward? I fly in on the 18th in the morning. If you could, please give me a ride on the interview day and I'll share the cost of rental car or pay you back. Thank you so much!

Look at the info sheet that MWU IL sends you about the interview- it mentions two cab companies. I used one of them and told them I was a guest of MWU and they give you a corporate discount. From midway airport to the school, I think it was about $30.

I got that email too, but I got an acceptance. I think it was a standard email. I got confused for a second. hahaa

I got that email too, but I got an acceptance. I think it was a standard email. I got confused for a second. hahaa

Phew, thank you so much for letting me know! I couldn't sleep last night thinking the worst!

Anyone from out of state lookin at apts yet

Just got an interview invitation! = ) Probably looking at March 12th or 17th.

So if we interviewed in January and haven't heard from them are we rejected or waitlisted?? Should I call and ask? Do they accept everyone once a month? Im about to have a nervous breakdown