****The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

So if we interviewed in January and haven't heard from them are we rejected or waitlisted?? Should I call and ask? Do they accept everyone once a month? Im about to have a nervous breakdown
You should call or email, they should tell u

Members don't see this ad.

[QUOTE="F4532, post: 16166184, memberbutYou should call or email, they should tell u[/QUOTE]
What is the email? I tried last week but havent gotten a response

My interview is scheduled for March 17th if anyone is interested in getting dinner or drinks on the 16th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called their admissions office and askee if they had made a decision. The committee met about four days ago and made a decision, and they informed me that i will be getting a notice via snail mail.

Basically she told me i am rejected..what a bummer.

I just called their admissions office and askee if they had made a decision. The committee met about four days ago and made a decision, and they informed me that i will be getting a notice via snail mail.

Basically she told me i am rejected..what a bummer.
I just received a notice of being waitlisted. Don't lose hope!

Heard everyone has to use a Mac laptop at Midwestern. Is this right? And if so, does anyone know what model they want you to buy? Macbook Air, or Pro etc..?

Actually, as part of the tuition, we all get:
A 13 inch Macbook Pro with retina display. 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600mHz DDR3 Memory.

Pretty sure you will get something similar (or better). So, DO NOT buy your own laptop, you will get the laptop on the first week of school.

P.S.: This is actually one of the reasons why MWU-IL is relatively more expensive compared to other schools. The "price tag" is inclusive: You don't have to worry about collecting teeth, laptop, loupes, cadavers, and everything else you need in sim clinic. In addition, you don't have to buy any expensive textbooks. You can print comprehensive lecture notes available to you via student portal and do well in class and boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A 13 inch Macbook Pro with retina display. 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600mHz DDR3 Memory.

Pretty sure you will get something similar (or better). So, DO NOT buy your own laptop, you will get the laptop on the first week of school.

P.S.: This is actually one of the reasons why MWU-IL is relatively more expensive compared to other schools. The "price tag" is inclusive: You don't have to worry about collecting teeth, laptop, loupes, cadavers, and everything else you need in sim clinic. In addition, you don't have to buy any expensive textbooks. You can print comprehensive lecture notes available to you via student portal and do well in class and boards.

If I already have a Mac Pro, do I still need to purchase another one through school?

If I already have a Mac Pro, do I still need to purchase another one through school?

Unfortunately, yes. I sold my old Macbook Pro and keep the one they handed out. The IT department want to make sure everybody is using the exact same specification. Mainly because, we will be running Axium and things can get complicated with that stuff.

I was going to purchase loupes at midwinter, I am just curious what brand/specifications the loupes are that the university provides

I was going to purchase loupes at midwinter, I am just curious what brand/specifications the loupes are that the university provides

On the second quarter, some reps will come and give presentation in front of the class. Q-optics, Designs for Vision, Orascoptic, and Surgitel reps were present for my batch.

They all have different offer and specifications. We will have a certain amount of money we can spend on the loupes. So, depends on what we want, we may have to add. But, I don't think anybody in my class have to pay extra. You are most likely won't have to either, unless you go with the super fancy ones.

I personally went with Q-optics, 2.5x. Q-optics lets you get the 3.5x without extra charge, not sure about the other brands.

Just letting you guys know:

I just happen to have a bit of a conversation with someone in the office and she told me that the interview will go until the end of March. Those who interviewed recently will hear from them starting March 1.

Good luck!

Hi guys, is there anyone driving to the interview on February 19th and going to the airport afterward? I fly in on the 18th in the morning. If you could, please give me a ride on the interview day and I'll share the cost of rental car or pay you back. Thank you so much!

Hi!

I am also flying into Chicago tomorrow, but was hit with heavy snow here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland so hopefully my flight is still good to go and not delayed or cancelled. I am booked to stay at the Stay Inn Lombard which is close to the school but have yet to find a ride there. I am considering renting a car or perhaps calling a taxi, still undecided, whichever is cheaper and convenient I suppose. Where are you staying if you don't mind me asking?

Hi!

I am also flying into Chicago tomorrow, but was hit with heavy snow here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland so hopefully my flight is still good to go and not delayed or cancelled. I am booked to stay at the Stay Inn Lombard which is close to the school but have yet to find a ride there. I am considering renting a car or perhaps calling a taxi, still undecided, whichever is cheaper and convenient I suppose. Where are you staying if you don't mind me asking?
I'll PM you.

Anyone want to hangout tomorrow before the interview? I'll be in the area in the afternoon

Just got a call for an interview for TOMORROW!! Thank goodness I live in IL, so traveling isn't an issue. :) I'm so excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an e-mail yesterday morning for a March 24 interview! I'm pretty sure March 25 is the very last interview day. Does anyone know if there's still a chance to get accepted that late or am I interviewing for a waitlist spot? Thanks! Super stoked!

Reactions: 1 user
I was told that interviews would go through the end of March and there would definitely be spots in the class left to fill.

Just letting you guys know:

I just happen to have a bit of a conversation with someone in the office and she told me that the interview will go until the end of March. Those who interviewed recently will hear from them starting March 1.

Good luck!
MBlue16,
First, thanks so much for extending such kind words to everyone and giving such helpful advice!
Second, I just had a quick question about possibly living in Chicago and commuting to school in Downer's (I'm applying this app cycle and hoping to get in here). Do you know if it's too difficult to do that? Do you know of any train/bus stops near campus or of anyone who has done the same? Also, how long would it take (just approximately) to travel like this every day? I wouldn't have a problem with traveling, so I'd just like to know some approximations. Thanks so much :)

The public transportation in DG area is not the best. The train is fine, but getting to the school from the train stop is a bit of a challenge. So, I highly suggest you to drive a car if you decide to live in Chicago (about 30-35 mins away). I know some of my classmates live 40 minutes away and it has been working just fine for them. Just be aware that on the first year, you will have 7:30 am class every Tuesday and Thursday.

The only thing about driving a car is that you have to make sure your car is winter ready, especially if you are coming from a warmer place. Driving in the snow will need some getting used to. Having a winter-ready car will definitely help you with the transition.

The public transportation in DG area is not the best. The train is fine, but getting to the school from the train stop is a bit of a challenge. So, I highly suggest you to drive a car if you decide to live in Chicago (about 30-35 mins away). I know some of my classmates live 40 minutes away and it has been working just fine for them. Just be aware that on the first year, you will have 7:30 am class every Tuesday and Thursday.

The only thing about driving a car is that you have to make sure your car is winter ready, especially if you are coming from a warmer place. Driving in the snow will need some getting used to. Having a winter-ready car will definitely help you with the transition.
Thank you! You've really eased my worries, actually. THANKS! Hope you're having a great year there! :)

for those wait listed has your adsas indicated wait listed

Yes, mine changed to waitlisted today after knowing for 3 weeks.

I just got invited for an interview on March 19th. What should I expect for the interview?

I just got invited for an interview on March 19th. What should I expect for the interview?
There is nothing you can really prep for. Expect critical thinking questions and just be yourself! :)

The questions are pretty straightforward. You just have to be honest, and think critically. They want to see what kind of person you are. Relax, and let it flow.

Has anybody heard anything about how many of the spots are still open?

Theoretically, say there are 20 spots left in the class, will they be choosing all 20 applicants from the March interviewees, or would it be possible that they would choose some January and February waitlisted applicants if they felt they were a better fit?

I got an acceptance today, I interviewed 2-19.

Stats:
Currently in grad school with 3.8gpa
Undergrad gpa: 3.9 non science, 3.3 science (microbiology)
DAT: 20PAT, 18TS, 20AA

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted as well!!!!! :))))) I am absoluleutely excited!!!!! :D

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!! Got the email this morning, feel so blessed!

Reactions: 8 users
I just received the email! So happy! Interviewed on February 19th. First acceptance!

Reactions: 7 users
I got the email this morning too! So stoked! Congrats to everyone else as well!

Interviewed 2/10
DAT: 24PAT, 19TS, 20AA

Got the email earlier today as well! Interviewed 2/19.
3.43 cGPA, 3.35 science
DAT: 20AA, 20TS, 18 PAT

Congratz, you guys!! Hope to see you in the fall! :)

Got the acceptance email yesterday. I'm in! So excited.
Interviewed: 2/10
3.80 Non-Science, 3.39 Science
DAT: 19AA, 20TS, 21PAT