****The Official New York University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

So.....seeing as I haven't had any email from them, i guess this means I'm rejected?? How does it work for NYU? :(

Members don't see this ad.

So.....seeing as I haven't had any email from them, i guess this means I'm rejected?? How does it work for NYU? :(

I hope not. I am really looking forward to attending this school. I'm tryna keep positive...maybe they have not send all emails yet

I hope not. I am really looking forward to attending this school. I'm tryna keep positive...maybe they have not send all emails yet

I don't think anybody who interviews gets rejected. I think you go to the waitlist if you don't receive an acceptance at first. Keep the office updated on your courses/volunteer hours/observation hours/desire to go to NYU! I'm sure decisions will be rolling out all month long (and in the spring for the waitlist)! Good luck!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in as well!!!! Got the acceptance email at 12:01 eastern time, but checked it about an hour ago. We have a nice little welcome video to watch. NYU is a really great school. Congrats to all!

My first choice and I'm in!! Finally after a long road. So Excited!

Im in as well!!! Got email at 8am western time!!!

I'm in!!! Just got an email at 11:00 a.m. EST

just received my acceptance package few mins ago! :D

Got my email at 9:01 PM west coast! So excited! I absolutely loved NYU! Still waiting to hear back from LLU and UW. Then it's decision time! Congrats everyone, it's time to celebrate!!!!!

has anyone receive an accepatwnce package without an email last night???

Does anyone know when we find out about scholarship offers? Or has anyone been offered some type of scholarship?

woohoo! I'm in!! Did anyone receive the acceptance packet in the mail? B/c I found out I got a scholarship from the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
woohoo! I'm in!! Did anyone receive the acceptance packet in the mail? B/c I found out I got a scholarship from the school.

You got an acceptance package with scholarship? Or your email said you got a scholarship?

Does anyone want to make a Facebook group for the class of 2016? It would be a nice idea to get to meet our future classmates :)

yeah somebody make a facebook group so everyone can start adding and meet each other. I tried making one but you have to add at least one person and I dont know anybody else that got it by their real name. Quick someone make it and post a link to it here!

yeah i was also trying to make a group but you need some friends to start it up. PM me your names and Il add you guys on fb and start the group!

hey guys. the FB group has been made so join in if you are attending! its an open group so just search for NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2016

Is there anyone who got an acceptance e-mail, but still did not get a packet?
I am so nervous. I am living near NYC, so I expected to get one at least today, but I still did not get the actual acceptance packet.
What if they sent me an acceptance e-mail by an accident? I cannot even find my name at the top of the e-mail. :(

Is there anyone who got an acceptance e-mail, but still did not get a packet?
I am so nervous. I am living near NYC, so I expected to get one at least today, but I still did not get the actual acceptance packet.
What if they sent me an acceptance e-mail by an accident? I cannot even find my name at the top of the e-mail. :(

i didnt get mine yet either. i live in central NJ so mine shouldnt take too long. just call them to verify if you are getting worried lol :D

i didnt get mine yet either. i live in central NJ so mine shouldnt take too long. just call them to verify if you are getting worried lol :D

I got the email, but still no packet. I too live in NY (queens), my mailman never even showed up today, he better come tomorrow or I'm calling the postal service and complaining lol

So if we're offered a scholarship it shows up with our acceptance packet? Gah, that means no aid for me. :(

So if we're offered a scholarship it shows up with our acceptance packet? Gah, that means no aid for me. :(

I'm pretty sure that the scholarships are all tiny. Like $8,000/year. I mean, yeah, any little bit would help, but it's like pennies compared to the $100,000 per year price.

Army HPSP for me!

I live in central jersey too and I haven't received a packet but no one should worry. I know someone who was accept here 2 years ago and he told me he received his packet a couple of days after december 1st.

got my packet today in the mail. im in central NJ

i received my packet today, December 3. i'm in Western region; i am very excited about this and forward to meeting all future NYUCD students!

Last edited:
I'm most likely going to withdraw on Monday. Good luck to those on the waitlist ! :)

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the letter!!!! :D :D :D

Congrats everyone on getting in! What kind of GPA's did you guys have? I want to apply to NYU when I graduate but I will probably have a low 3. something due to a horrific first year.
Also this is my first post so hi everyone! :)
I had a low 3 for gpa, in fact, less than a 3 for my BPCM. They will seriously question you if you are lucky enough to interview with them. Nevertheless, I was accepted on 12/1 at midnight!

If you haven't graduated ugrad yet, do everything within your power to pull those grades up. If that is not possible, then my next advice to you is to never give up on your dreams of becoming a dentist.

Last edited:
i got a scholarship for 20K a year. Anyone else get anything? I wonder what the max they give is...

Last edited:
Just got my packet in the mail today! (I'm in New Orleans). So excited to officially be in!

I got the letter but i haven't been emailed. Is my acceptance confirmed when I send in the check for the deposit? Has anyone not gotten the email too?

I got the letter but i haven't been emailed. Is my acceptance confirmed when I send in the check for the deposit? Has anyone not gotten the email too?

the email may have been filtered to your spam, so check there. at least that was the experience of another poster earlier.

i got a scholarship for 20K a year. Anyone else get anything? I wonder what the max they give is...

Wow, that's fairly substantial. I think that might be the max. Care for posting your stats/other details?

Also did you find out with your acceptance packet or was it separate?

I'm IN! Got the email at 12:01 on Dec. 1, but just discovered this facebook thread :luck:

Congratulations to everyone on your hard work finally paying off!

Wow, that's fairly substantial. I think that might be the max. Care for posting your stats/other details?

Also did you find out with your acceptance packet or was it separate?

Sure. 3.4 gpa 20 on the DAT and A LOT of extracurricular and shadowing. I would go more in detail but Im studying for final =(

I got it in the packet!

I had heard that they offer full tuition scholarships but idk if thats a rumor...

Sure. 3.4 gpa 20 on the DAT and A LOT of extracurricular and shadowing. I would go more in detail but Im studying for final =(

I got it in the packet!

I had heard that they offer full tuition scholarships but idk if thats a rumor...

Wow. Congrats. Do you know what the scholarship was based on? Need/merit/URM/etc.? Or did they give you a specific reason as to why you were given the scholarship?

:) Got an email 2 minutes after midnight, and just got my pakage the other day in the mail. So pumped... and I just requested to join the facebook group too, definitely a great idea.

IM IN!!! heard back this past Wednesday! waiting for my acceptance package in the mail! :D
Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances!

Did u hear from them in your email this past Wednesday or letter?

IM IN!!! heard back this past Wednesday! waiting for my acceptance package in the mail! :D
Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances!

Did you hear from them in ur email this past Wednesday or a letter?

Same here. IDK how much they give but it was enough to get me to send a deposit. Sooo excited but I AM FREAKING OUT!!! lol

Interviewed 12/16 and got my acceptance email (went to spam) yesterday around 3:30 pm est! Should get my packet today.