***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Interview!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the interviews! Are they sending out mass interviews or personalized ones? LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody in 6th batch got an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the interviews! would you guys mind sharing when you got your "application complete" emails? Thanks!

When is everyone interviewing? Im on Sept. 19th

Did you guys get invited via phone call or e mail?! Thanks.. I would like to get one too soon:(

Did you guys get invited via phone call or e mail?! Thanks.. I would like to get one too soon:(

On the main interview thread it seems everyone is getting an email.

I added NYU after my initial mailing date of 7/7. It was mailed to NYU on 8/1 so that's what....7th?

Does anyone know if they have any discounts at any hotels near the school? Also, is LaGuardia the best airport to fly into?

Members don't see this ad :)
LaGuardia is the closest but there isn't a direct train/subway into Manhattan which Newark/JFK both have so you have to take a car/bus/shuttle/etc.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if traffic is ridiculous from LaGuardia to NYU?

@Rambunctious definitely fly into JFK if you can. Laguardia is the closest geographically, but your only way out of there would be bus, taxi, or walk almost 2 miles to the nearest subway. Taxi would be the easiest, but it will also be expensive ( ~$50), and it's difficult to guess how long it will take. If you're feeling brave, from JFK you can hop on the AirTrain which takes you right to the "A" train subway station @ Howard Beach. From there, the A train takes you right into lower Manhattan. There's a bunch of stops in between, so it's gonna take you a little over an hour and a half but it's much cheaper ($7.50). If you're feeling extra brave, there are ways you can get there a little faster, but they involve multiple subway transfers. Check hopstop.com if you're interested in those.

@Rambunctious definitely fly into JFK if you can. Laguardia is the closest geographically, but your only way out of there would be bus, taxi, or walk almost 2 miles to the nearest subway. Taxi would be the easiest, but it will also be expensive ( ~$50), and it's difficult to guess how long it will take. If you're feeling brave, from JFK you can hop on the AirTrain which takes you right to the "A" train subway station @ Howard Beach. From there, the A train takes you right into lower Manhattan. There's a bunch of stops in between, so it's gonna take you a little over an hour and a half but it's much cheaper ($7.50). If you're feeling extra brave, there are ways you can get there a little faster, but they involve multiple subway transfers. Check hopstop.com if you're interested in those.

I lol'ed at "If you're feeling brave..." It's true it can be intimidating your first time

The city as a whole kind of intimidates me.

Just got an interview! Haven't called to schedule the date yet. Does NYU hold interviews every day? I'm thinking if I should do it in the same week as my Columbia interview..

Just got an interview! Haven't called to schedule the date yet. Does NYU hold interviews every day? I'm thinking if I should do it in the same week as my Columbia interview..
They hold it most days. I tried to make it the day before my Columbia interview but it didn't work out for me because of work. I hope it works out for you! :)

They hold it most days. I tried to make it the day before my Columbia interview but it didn't work out for me because of work. I hope it works out for you! :)

It didn't work out for me either because the day I want is not available any more.. Looks like Thursday and Friday interview slots ran out pretty fast. I scheduled mine on the following Thursday. The good thing is that I don't live that far from nyc so at least I don't have to take the flight trip twice within a week...

Congrats on the Interviews. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Ahh..I'm starting to get worried...got the "application complete and under review" email on 7/18 but still no word :(

I got a application complete on 8/8; how long do u guys think I have to wait for?

Last edited:
Just got an interview for 9/25! So excited :) It said in my email that we can submit any academic updates to them during the interview. Does anyone know if that means we bring hard copies of updated transcripts or something? Thanks!

Just got an interview for 9/25! So excited :) It said in my email that we can submit any academic updates to them during the interview. Does anyone know if that means we bring hard copies of updated transcripts or something? Thanks!
When did u get a complete application email? I'm so nervous

Hi, my application was mailed 07/11 and was completed 08/01. All of the other schools show up in my school decisions section on AADSAS portal except for NYU. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with this or any other school? Should I be worried?

Mine is the same. Looks like they don't use AADSAS...

Can those who got an interview post their batch number?

I think I was 6th batch or something...not too sure

I haven't even gotten application complete email from nyu even though my application was complete 07/31. Does anyone have this issue?

I haven't even gotten application complete email from nyu even though my application was complete 07/31. Does anyone have this issue?
Check your Junk/Spam folder, all of my application complete e-mails ended up there for some reason.

I checked but my junk mail deletes automatically after a week so if it came before that, I can't find out. Should I call and ask?

Interview!!! App Mailed 7/7, OOS, 19AA

Have an interview September 26th! From Michigan, any suggestions on where people stay over night?

Hey guys quick question, did you receive a confirmation e-mail stating they received your fee or something? I mailed the check a while back and nothing. How long should I wait until I call?

Hey guys quick question, did you receive a confirmation e-mail stating they received your fee or something? I mailed the check a while back and nothing. How long should I wait until I call?
I mailed my check 8/2, not cashed until a few days ago, got conf email 8/15.

Has anyone gotten interviews without sending in the check?

Just got an interview today morning!!!

They are only filling up most of september right now up until oct. 3rd

Hey everyone! I have an interview set for september 23rd. I'm not sure what I should do about a hotel. They're so expensive. Any suggestions?