***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! I have an interview set for september 23rd. I'm not sure what I should do about a hotel. They're so expensive. Any suggestions?

Try Airbnb for less or a hotel outside of the city and take the subway. No friends/mutual friends you can maybe stay at their place for a night?

Members don't see this ad :)
Try Airbnb for less or a hotel outside of the city and take the subway. No friends/mutual friends you can maybe stay at their place for a night?

Unfortunately no :( this is also my first time alone in a major city. Kind of daunting to be honest.

So yeah guys, they did lose my check. So much for wanting to get everything early on time :/

I have my interview at Rutgers Sept 19th and NYU the 23rd ( I tried to get a Monday interview but all the spots are taken :/) So I'll be spending the money that I DON'T HAVE lol If anyone is staying in NYC during those days and want to share a room with me please let me know so we can get out of this less BROKE. NYC is soooo expensive :/ It'll be my 1st time in the area..so I'm excited for that...but I'm really concerned with the money that I will spend :/ So if you are flying on Sat or Sunday and want to split a room PM me :)

Does anyone know when they will send out the next interview invites?

Interview October 3rd!

GPA 3.88
sci gpa 3.83
dat aa 21 pat 22 ts 21 rc 22 qr 22

Hi everyone. I'm a non-trad applying to NYU Dental this year. I graduated with a math degree and a gpa of 2.5 back in 2006. Since then, I've gone to nursing school, worked in an ER, and taken basic sciences for dental school. My GPA since 2006 has been 3.5-3.6. I've shadowed my own dentist (an NYU alum who is writing me a LOR). My science GPA is closer to 3.7. I am taking the DAT in December. I know that's late in this application cycle, but NYU's deadline is in February. Does anyone have any advice or comments to help me out? Thanks again and good luck to everyone.

My advice is to apply broadly if you're set on applying this cycle. December is extremely late!!

Members don't see this ad :)
3rd batch and nada yet :(

So my application fee DID get lost in the mail. What a waste of a month :(
Wow that really sucks dude. Now Im thinking the same might have happened to me; Im gonna email them right now just in case..
EDIT: my bad they did send me an app complete email. Hope everything gets straightened out for you in time, GL.

Last edited:
It's worth it to spend a little more getting delivery confirmation/signature confirmation.

Although I just sent a check via regular mail and received an application complete email about a week later, I would say yes. You're already spending a ton applying to dental school so why not just spend the extra tiny bit for peace of mind?

Hey guys, the only email I ever got was saying something like "Our Admissions officers are currently compiling your application materials and will be in contact with you again, via email, once NYUCD has received your application fee and all of your application materials from AADSAS."

I never got an application complete email (I submitted late July)??

Hey guys, the only email I ever got was saying something like "Our Admissions officers are currently compiling your application materials and will be in contact with you again, via email, once NYUCD has received your application fee and all of your application materials from AADSAS."

I never got an application complete email (I submitted late July)??

I got that e-mail when I submitted (also late July) and then another e-mail on August 8th that read:

"Thank you for applying for admission to the New York University College of Dentistry. We are writing to notify you that the items needed to complete your application have been received, including the application fee.

Your application will now be forwarded to the NYUCD Admissions Committee for review. We ask that applicants be patient with the review process. The Admissions Committee thoroughly reviews each completed application and this can take some time. Our Admissions team will be in contact with you as soon as we have an update to report on your status with the program."

I have my interview at Rutgers Sept 19th and NYU the 23rd ( I tried to get a Monday interview but all the spots are taken :/) So I'll be spending the money that I DON'T HAVE lol If anyone is staying in NYC during those days and want to share a room with me please let me know so we can get out of this less BROKE. NYC is soooo expensive :/ It'll be my 1st time in the area..so I'm excited for that...but I'm really concerned with the money that I will spend :/ So if you are flying on Sat or Sunday and want to split a room PM me :)

I'll totally split a room with you! I have my interview on the 23rd as well!

Interviewing on September 29th!
oGPA: 3.36 sGPA: 3.30
20AA/21TS/21PAT/20RC/none

Reactions: 1 user
Although I just sent a check via regular mail and received an application complete email about a week later, I would say yes. You're already spending a ton applying to dental school so why not just spend the extra tiny bit for peace of mind?
Yeah the second time around I did that. Let's just hope it gets there at a good time and I get an interview soon :unsure:

I'm going crazy over here!! Praying for an NYU interview!! Anyone know how filled they are for pre-december interviews?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going crazy over here!! Praying for an NYU interview!! Anyone know how filled they are for pre-december interviews?
Same here, but now that they still haven't gotten my application fee I'm a little concerned. Have you gotten other interviews?

Interview!
Non traditional, masters in arch, went back to school at community college for the last 2 years with a 3.8 science gpa. Redemption is possible for y'all undergrad slackers!!!!

Ogpa 2.99
Sgpa 2.93
21AA/22TS/21RC/21PAT

Reactions: 3 users
Same here, but now that they still haven't gotten my application fee I'm a little concerned. Have you gotten other interviews?

I would call them if you haven't heard anything... maybe they can give you more info about your situation. Thankfully, I have gotten other interviews. Otherwise I really would be going crazy!!

Interview!
Non traditional, masters in arch, went back to school at community college for the last 2 years with a 3.8 science gpa. Redemption is possible for y'all undergrad slackers!!!!

Ogpa 2.99
Sgpa 2.93
21AA/22TS/21RC/21PAT

Congrats!! When is your interview and when was your mail out date?

I called to schedule my interview a couple days ago, and they still had all of October open.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm so excited for all of you!! Every time I see someone post about an interview, I refresh my e-mail like 5 times lol. But seriously, congrats to those getting interviews!! I imagine NYC in October/November is gorgeous.

I'm so excited for all of you!! Every time I see someone post about an interview, I refresh my e-mail like 5 times lol. But seriously, congrats to those getting interviews!! I imagine NYC in October/November is gorgeous.
I have been in the same boat when I see them too, this is my first interview invite so I am really happy!

Congrats!! When is your interview and when was your mail out date?

Thanks! Stay strong! Mail out date was 7/11 and I haven't scheduled yet. I'll probably do it by today or Monday once I figure out midterm dates and all that.

Does anyone know in what order NYU reviews applications? It's def not by batches...

@zagguru I doubt anyone knows. My app was complete 7/28 so hopefully well hear back soon.

Reactions: 1 user
From the way it's sounds based on the order my friends got in, it was alphabetical, even though that doesn't really make sense...

It's not alphabetical. People at my interview had last names all over the place lol.

Yay! Interview invite here for Oct. 8th. When I called this morning, they had 7th-9th , or maybe it was 10th, and the whole week after free...so don't worry guys, there's still plenty of spots left. I'm 7th batch, last name Z. I'm going to bring up the dead question on cheap places to live cause DAMN, the hotels here ain't cheap :arghh:

Edit: Well...I ended up booking Hotel 17...it was the cheapest/closest I could find at $150/night (taxes included) and 0.5 miles away...my wallet has never sounded emptier...

It looks like there are $50~ options if any of y'all don't mind living in hostels...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Scheduled my interview for Oct 1st!!!! Anyone else interviewing on that day?