***The Official Ohio State University c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Not yet, my heart is about to stop!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the phone call, Im in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! I got the call at 10:20 est!!! I am soooo excited!

I am in state. Where are you from? I live in the Dayton area, but did not do my undergrad at OSU, I went to Wright State.

Cleveland area (Cleveland heights). Congrats to you!! and everyone who got accepted so far! good luck to everyone else!!

I guess they're done calling people? There's nothing on their FB page though.

For everyone accepted by OSU. Have you guys received the acceptance packet through email yet?

Not yet. And my status hasn't changed on AADSAS. But definitely got the call!!! Woot Woot!

Members don't see this ad :)
God I hope I have a decent spot on this waitlist..today was devastating :cryi:

Has anyone got the email yet?!? I'm anxiously awaiting it! Want to pay that deposit baby!

Anybody gotten the email? they posted on fb saying they sent it but i didn't get one yet!

Me neither. What is their facebook page called?

Legit the best acceptance letter I've ever read

Reactions: 1 users
I got the wait list email. No idea about how many are on it. I am OOS.

I was at the October 4 interview.

Got the waitlist email. In-state. Interviewed on Nov 21st.
From reading osu official class of 2018 interview/acceptance thread, I get a sense that there'll be 40 on the in-state wait list and 70 on the OOS wait list.
This is just my assumption and is purely based on last year's thread.

Are you OOS or In state? I'm in state and interviewed on Nov. 15. Anyone else interview that day?

Got the waitlist email. In-state. Interviewed on Nov 21st.
From reading osu official class of 2018 interview/acceptance thread, I get a sense that there'll be 40 on the in-state wait list and 70 on the OOS wait list.
This is just my assumption and is purely based on last year's thread.
That is what I read as well. Was the interview on the 21st another ~64 or so?

From what I understand the interview on the 21 was for people who could not come earlier or had religious reasons for not interviewing on a Saturday. They only interviewed 192 total, I think.

From what I understand the interview on the 21 was for people who could not come earlier or had religious reasons for not interviewing on a Saturday. They only interviewed 192 total, I think.
Thank you, I've been wondering.

I've also heard that Nov 21st was for people who couldnt make it to other 3 interview dates. But it wasn't the case for me as I was never offered to interview on the earlier dates.

@ wjc there were only 32 candidates on Nov 21st

Last edited:
Sure. My stats are low. When they show the high and lows for the class definitely my GPA will probably be the lowest they accepted. I have been a dental hygienist for 13 years though, which is what probably pushed me over the top. I am also non-traditional, as I am older than most.

GPA 3.05
AA 20/TS 19/PAT 21

I'm also on the waitlist, instate, Nov 21st interview. They said that they will send out the waitlist package later this week. I'm assuming most people who will accept a position on the waitlist have already done so by then. I'll call them and ask some questions and try to figure out how long the list is and an estimation of my position on the list.

I'm bummed out because the list wont experience any movement until Jan, that mean my holidays are ruined. To much waiting and anticipation.

Also a caveat on my stats...I got 3 F's when I was 20 because I failed to withdraw from classes during a messy divorce. I was on the Dean's List in Hygiene school and never got a grade lower than a B in Hygiene school. When I went to University to get my Bachelors I did get 4 C's and this is how my GPA is soooo low.

My GPA is below OSU's average but I think my DAT and extra-curriculars somewhat compensated for it.

GPA: 3.30ish
DAT: AA24/TS24/PAT22

This might be a hunch but to the people that are waitlisted, are you currently taking classes at your university? Maybe they want to have our fall grades in before they make a final decision? Because if the person in last year's thread is correct ~40 people on the instate waitlist seems like a lot and it doesn't add up.

Similarly, to the ones who are accepted that are instate are you still taking classes or have you already graduated? Irishmom said that she already got her Bachelors, so maybe there's something here, or I'm just completely paranoid, but it doesn't hurt to find out.

Last edited:
This might be a hunch but to the people that are waitlisted, are you currently taking classes at your university? Maybe they want to have our fall grades in before they make a final decision? Because if the person in last year's thread is correct ~40 people on the instate waitlist seems like a lot and it doesn't add up.

Similarly, to the ones who are accepted that are instate are you still taking classes or have you already graduated? Irishmom said that she already got her Bachelors, so maybe there's something here, or I'm just completely paranoid, but it doesn't hurt to find out.
My impression is that they rank the 192 applicants they interview and fill the class in order. Those that don't make the top of the list are wait listed. It may have a little to do graduation status, but it probably also encompasses general stats and interview performance, as well as other factors they may consider such as residency, well rounded class, etc. I graduated in May with my second degree.

When I spoke with Dr. Sigler in the admissions (early november), he said there is a pre-interview score and a post interview score for every candidate. Adding these two scores will give you the final score.

And I believe that once these final scores for all candidates are achieved, we are divided two groups based on state residency status.

Last edited:
Any news on scholarships for anyone? Has anyone heard how/when we would be notified if we did receive one?

Does any one know if there is a facebook group yet? I would really like to room with another dental student!

Does any one know if there is a facebook group yet? I would really like to room with another dental student!

I haven't seen one yet. Why don't you start one? I would, but I don't want to have to be an administer.

Or if you want to start one together I would be fine with that. I just know that sometmes being an administer on a facebook page that is well traveled can be time consuming, so sharing the duties would be ok.

Awesome. I do think you should make it a private page though so we don;t get any trolls.

Hello, I have been wanting to be a dentist for while now, but do not know if I can get in to OSU since it highly competitive. Do you or anyone else mind sharing there stats, GPA,DAT,Major...etc... My GPA is very high and the average for OSU is 3.6 which I have but Im just worried they might still turn me down or anyone else. So please provide some insight.
Thanks in advance
Also I am a sophomore I have A's in both chemistry's,both bio's, anatomy, and have to take the rest. Just letting you know

Hey, sorry for the late response - don't know if this post is relevant anymore. I had a oGPA 3.54, sGPA 3.32, DAT 20 AA. Remember that an average is a mean of both high AND low GPA's for accepted students. They want to see you've got people skills, and your goal is to prove that to them in the interview. That's a huge part of the process. If you have a good GPA/DAT, you're in-state, and have a few decent extracurriculars, don't worry about it - you'll get an interview.

I was waitlisted, but got the acceptance by the beginning of January. There's still time to improve your EC's and GPA if you aren't happy with them, so do that and apply here when it's time. I love OSU so far, really feels like a new home to me.

Also, congratulations to everyone that got accepted! I'll probably see you at orientation next year. I'll likely be flitting around here over Christmas break, so ask me some questions if you've got any about D1 year.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the year!

Last edited:
Just got a scholarship letter in the mail and it turns out I got the Dean's scholarship! OOS. Why are they making it so hard to turn them down?? :cryi: