****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Someone said that the second round wouldn't be calls. I was hoping for the same thing. Now I have to wait until 5:00 just grinding my teeth...:confused:

Lol ya and think about this, they have said it's going to be "quite a few more acceptances" meaning that there might be calls over the course of the next couple of days. Ahhhhhh!

Members don't see this ad.

So if we do not get a call by 5:00 CST today, that's it for this wave?

Whoa! Sorry, don't quote me on that! :D that's just my assumption... Sorry. They could be doing this over the next few days for all I know. But the first set of acceptances was given out on day one.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, this just came to my mind, how about if I call Dr. Harmon to find out????

Well, if you're willing to, go for it. Let us know the news soon! We are all on the edge of our seats... Probably quite literally for some of us.

Ya can someone (whether you call or get called) asked how many people they are accepting this wave? Has anyone who interviewed on 9/28 been accepted?

I just got a call from Dr. Harman!!!! I interviewed in 12/7.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard back for an interview at USC. I can choose to go as early as 2/5. I heard this is a group interview. Can someone please tell me how this goes? Any advise? I haven't had any group interviews yet. Please help!!!

I just heard back for an interview at USC. I can choose to go as early as 2/5. I heard this is a group interview. Can someone please tell me how this goes? Any advise? I haven't had any group interviews yet. Please help!!!

You may want to try the USC thread. They might be a bit more knowledgable to their interview process.

Well... It's just about 5:00 pacific time... I think that marks the end of it. Congrats to those who got the call. Good luck to those who didn't. Back to practicing patience. :sleep:

Got the call, not taking it. I totally spaced and didn't realize it was Dr. Harmon untilI I hung up, cell service was bad.

Good luck!

Well... It's just about 5:00 pacific time... I think that marks the end of it. Congrats to those who got the call. Good luck to those who didn't. Back to practicing patience. :sleep:

If you didn't get a call don't lose hope. I feel like there will be more calls made this weeks and later in the year for sure. They are accepting quite a few more applicants. There are going to be people that they call who are have already decided on going to other places and even students who already put down their deposits at other schools. Keep hoping and stay patient and calm!

If you didn't get a call don't lose hope. I feel like there will be more calls made this weeks and later in the year for sure. They are accepting quite a few more applicants. There are going to be people that they call who are have already decided on going to other places and even students who already put down their deposits at other schools. Keep hoping and stay patient and calm!

Thanks, samdig. It's hard to stay positive sometimes. But it's good to have a reminder.

Makes sense. Thanks samdig. Let's hope for the best..

Guys,
3.3 GPA
20 AA 20 TS 19 PAT

do you think that I have a good chance in getting an interview at Roseman for this application cycle? I am dying for a spot this year and no interviews yet!!!

Guys,
3.3 GPA
20 AA 20 TS 19 PAT

do you think that I have a good chance in getting an interview at Roseman for this application cycle? I am dying for a spot this year and no interviews yet!!!

With stats like that it really depends on the whole picture (trend of grades, science GPA etc) but I found that at Roseman, they really wanted to look at students who could fit their "team player" mentality. Extracurricular are probably really big for this school. I think your stats might be good enough depending on these other factors. Then again, I am no expert. I am just an applicant sitting patiently waiting to hear to see if I even got in lol

With stats like that it really depends on the whole picture (trend of grades, science GPA etc) but I found that at Roseman, they really wanted to look at students who could fit their "team player" mentality. Extracurricular are probably really big for this school. I think your stats might be good enough depending on these other factors. Then again, I am no expert. I am just an applicant sitting patiently waiting to hear to see if I even got in lol

I have tons of extracurriculum, my science GPA is not too good but my GPA is going up every semester (my last two semester are 3.8) and my only problem was in the freshman year for some circumstances I explained in my personal statement with my story
I am really excited about this school and they were very nice when I call them by phone not like some other schools who told me :you called three times before!!!"

Congrats to all those who got accepted today.. but does that mean they just filled up the class so no more interview invites?

Guys,
3.3 GPA
20 AA 20 TS 19 PAT

Based on numbers for the first and second years, Roseman tends to pick applicants with higher DAT (21+). You certainly are competitive for an interview here. At the interview, the admissions committee typically looks for people that interact well with others and demonstrate good team work.

Congrats for all those that got in today! We look forward to having you guys here next year. For those who are still waiting, the game is still early. To put things in perspective, the bulk of acceptances was finished probably around April last year (though they are more on time this year it seems). The last person to get accepted in our class was notified a week or two before the term started.

For those who have been accepted, does anyone know when the deadline is for the deposit and should we be expecting mail?

Does anybody know what a typical day is like, schedule wise??

Typical school day?
Depends. we are scheduled from 8-5 most days with a one hour lunch break. But we don't always go til 5. Today for instance, we had lecture from 8-11 (it was scheduled til noon) and then we have lecture from 1-3 (scheduled til 5 however). Some days we will have morning lecture and afternoon lab. On lab days we sometimes have short lectures outlining our lab procedures before we start. Normally we have "student development time" (study time) the thursday afternoon before friday assessments. Monday mornings after assessments are free assuming you pass on friday.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Typical school day?
Depends. we are scheduled from 8-5 most days with a one hour lunch break. But we don't always go til 5. Today for instance, we had lecture from 8-11 (it was scheduled til noon) and then we have lecture from 1-3 (scheduled til 5 however). Some days we will have morning lecture and afternoon lab. On lab days we sometimes have short lectures outlining our lab procedures before we start. Normally we have "student development time" (study time) the thursday afternoon before friday assessments. Monday mornings after assessments are free assuming you pass on friday.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

It'll go something like (scheduled) MWF 8-12 AM some sort of didactic science class. MWF 1-5PM (scheduled) typically lab. Tuesdays and Thursdays PM will have either 1-5 schedule science class, 1-3 science with free time from 3-5, or no classes on Thursdays on test weeks. Fridays of test week have the test in the AM but nothing in the PM.

I've been watching this thread all day to see if anyone else had been contacted... It appears to be a big fat no.

I'm waiting until Friday. I feel like they might call one more time again during the week. I have no reason to feel this way, it's just a hunch lol

I'm waiting until Friday. I feel like they might call one more time again during the week. I have no reason to feel this way, it's just a hunch lol

Haha, that's funny because I have the same deadline.

Same here, so I can finally start applying for backup Masters programs.

been watching this forum like a hawk.... show us some love Dr. Harman!! :)

interviewed 1/18, and received a call on monday ~10am PST

waitlisted.

Same just got email that I am seleced for alternate spot... They make and look it pretty exciting lol... Is this for everyone who inteviewed but not accepted?

Same just got email that I am seleced for alternate spot... They make and look it pretty exciting lol... Is this for everyone who inteviewed but not accepted?

lol seriously! i was excited at first bc i saw congratulations everywhere etc and thought i got in until i read on! really bad email lol

lol seriously! i was excited at first bc i saw congratulations everywhere etc and thought i got in until i read on! really bad email lol

SAME! The subject starts with congratulations lol... I am wondering.. do they make us to pay deposit even for this alternate spot? They said detailed instruction will be mailed (not e-mail) so just curious about it..

I got the same e-mail. I'm wondering if there is anyone that hasn't gotten this e-mail or if they send it to everyone who hasn't been offered an acceptance.