****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Is anyone holding a seat at Roseman still waiting to hear back from their top school? Anyone still holding multiple seats?

Holding a seat at Roseman. Still on the waitlist at my top choice. If i get off that list you bet ill be giving up my Roseman seat and i hope it goes to you ! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was just accepted by one of my state schools so I will not be accepting Roseman's offer. Good luck to those who are waiting!

Reactions: 8 users
I was just accepted by one of my state schools so I will not be accepting Roseman's offer. Good luck to those who are waiting!

That's exciting news for waitlisters! Congrats on your acceptance and good luck to you! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI Today I just officially gave up my seat in the class. I hope someone here gets it!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone started looking for a place yet? All I see on craigslist are ads for the daybreak community. Is there anything else available out there? Moving all the way from the east coast so I would like to see what's available in the area. Any suggestions or opinions?

ksl.com has more listings, craigslist isn't really big in utah for whatever reason

Seems like their admin is just a bit slow. There WILL be movement ( I will be formally giving up my spot soon). Just be patient. As a previously wait listed person, I know being told to be patient is the hardest thing ever. It sucks to have no control. But all you can do is sit back and wait. Trust the system works.

Reactions: 5 users
I got accepted on May 31st last year, there is hope.

I just withdrew my acceptance from Roseman! It was a hard decision for me because Roseman is such an amazing school, but I'm hoping one of you awesome people on here will get my spot! Never give up hope :)!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I officially withdrew my acceptance today as well. I sincerley hope it goes to an amazing, talented, deserving (and very anxious) waitlister on SDN :) Good luck ya'll!

I have accepted a seat at another school, but would still choose Roseman if I were moved off the waitlist. Anyone else have upcoming plans to withdraw? I called the admissions office and they said they usually extend an offer on the very same day that someone declines.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is so depressing. Does this mean the class is currently full?

No, she specifically said that the class isn't full, but that they have to wait a certain period of time to allow people who have already been extended offers to accept or decline. She didn't tell me how many offers were still outstanding. She said she expects quite a bit of movement on the waitlist still but that they can't know for sure. I mainly just wrote my previous post to encourage people who already know that they won't be accepting, but haven't let Roseman know yet, to do so because our offers are, of course, contingent on their rejections.

If, at this point in time, a student is holding positions at multiple schools they have 15 days to decline an offer at one of those schools. So, Roseman has that list of people and each one has two weeks to decide, or else their offer is rescinded. I know for a fact people hold off until the very last minute to make these kind of decisions. So hold tight.

I just officially accepted my offer this past week to Roseman. From what I can tell I think there's still some movement to be made. My offer was extended on April 28th and they gave me 15 days to accept or reject. I'm guessing a lot of people take the whole 15 days to decide so that's probably causing some delays... Good luck to everyone!

I just officially accepted my offer this past week to Roseman. From what I can tell I think there's still some movement to be made. My offer was extended on April 28th and they gave me 15 days to accept or reject. I'm guessing a lot of people take the whole 15 days to decide so that's probably causing some delays... Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, I figure that most people take the full 15 days and I can't blame them (that's not a whole lot of time to make a really big life decision). Congratulations on your acceptance!

No, she specifically said that the class isn't full, but that they have to wait a certain period of time to allow people who have already been extended offers to accept or decline. She didn't tell me how many offers were still outstanding. She said she expects quite a bit of movement on the waitlist still but that they can't know for sure. I mainly just wrote my previous post to encourage people who already know that they won't be accepting, but haven't let Roseman know yet, to do so because our offers are, of course, contingent on their rejections.
I just learned that the class is not considered full until matriculation at Roseman. It could mean that even if all 80 have accepted their offers and deposited at the present moment, the class will be considered "not full". I do hope that there will be more movement than what we've seen on this forum in April though.

I just learned that the class is not considered full until matriculation at Roseman. It could mean that even if all 80 have accepted their offers and deposited at the present moment, the class will be considered "not full". I do hope that there will be more movement than what we've seen on this forum in April though.

That was my understanding as well. But it makes sense, as they have historically extended at least one or two invitations each year in August. It seems like in years past (based on SDN postings, which may or may not be accurate), there is quite a bit of waitlist movement in the April-May timeperiod (presumably because offers are being extended after the multiple deposit drop deadline) and then less action until right around when school starts. I guess the process probably varies from year to year quite a bit, and the school is so new there are likely to be quite a few changes to the process each year institutionally. I am just really hoping to hear something this month.

That is something Dr. Harman likes to say considering that, no matter which dental school you attend, unless all seats are filled a week after class starts, ANYTHING can happen. While I do hope the best happens for you all, again, I hope you guys are making alternative plans for the next cycle just in case. Be proactive.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't given up hope, but I find it is best to live life as if I was rejected from the alternate. I'm doing job apps in my city, looking for work and volunteering possibilities. This here would be my third year applying to dental school and while i understand why i was rejected initially i cannot sit and hope for the best, i've learned too many times to take the route you'll expect in your lower scenario's. Until that route changes, you should be doing everything you expected to, including boosting your resume, bumping those volunteer hours and doing whatever you need to do to make your application well rounded. I guess this was a message for those yun'uns applying for dental school but also for the majority of the alternates. Who knows, you might be accepted and you can drop everything you were trying to do to make yourself a top list candidate, but if your acceptance does not happen you will still be boosting your already fantastic application. Sorry to chime in on the whole alternate app process, but i think a lot of you folks are anxious to get in and I thought I would at least say something as a seasoned veteran of rejection. I will get into dental school, whether it be now, or two to three years away, i know what I want to do with my life and I will achieve it. For those of you who got rejected for being too young, keep with it. For those of you who had no idea what you wanted to do until it was too late (me!), keep with it. There is still plenty of time for movement so again keep your hopes up, you're all worthwhile candidates. Until then, act as if you were still applying for the next round.

Edit: Obviously this message is to those who have not been accepted yet or for those who have been alternate listed. Congrats to those who have been accepted already of course! Ya'll are in an amazing educational program which truly puts your education before panic of 4 course finals, (though I'm sure panic is involved regardless).

Last edited:
Does anyone plan on withdrawing soon? Hope dwindles everyday. There seems to be no movement this month.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I received an acceptance last Friday (the 16th)! I had been on the waitlist since December. So, there has been recent movement and, if it is the same as prior years, there will likely be quite a bit of movement still. Good luck!

I received an acceptance last Friday (the 16th)! I had been on the waitlist since December. So, there has been recent movement and, if it is the same as prior years, there will likely be quite a bit of movement still. Good luck!
Mind sharing your stats?

You're going to think this is crazy, but I don't know my DAT scores off the top of my head, but my overall score was around 22. I had a 3.3 OGPA and 3.1 SGPA.

I have had a couple of people in the past month contact me with questions about Roseman as they are deciding between schools since they have mulitple acceptances so there is still going to be movement. Whether or not it is enough for all of you to find a seat at the lovely game of musical chairs best of luck to those holding on to hope. Also I would highly recommend to follow Jeniablake's advice about live life as if you are already rejected especially with the next cycle beginning soon. Always have a backup plan each year of what you will do to further better your application for the next cycle. When you get in you can drop everything and change directions but don't waste time holding on to hope and not facing reality.

Have any accepted students received their financial aid and/or loan information yet? How does this process even work...?

The only thing I did was complete my FAFSA back in March.

BUMP: Any new acceptances? Anyone planning on giving up a seat?

Pretty quiet lately. Kind of surprising since historically Roseman seems to move a bunch in May/June.

Are they still doing that tiny June interview that I saw in the previous two topics?

Anybody out there interview at OHSU also? Love options. Hate choices... Looking for some opinions :)

Anybody out there interview at OHSU also? Love options. Hate choices... Looking for some opinions :)

I don't know anything about OHSU, but I'd pick the cheaper option. Have you decided yet? :)

They are both about the same cost. So many pros to each school. Haven't decided yet. But will this week. (Deadline is Friday)

They are both about the same cost. So many pros to each school. Haven't decided yet. But will this week. (Deadline is Friday)

I interviewed at OHSU and was accepted. Honestly I decided to go to Roseman because of the block cirriculumn and because logistically it is easier for me to live in Utah because I already have been living here. I liked OHSU though. I have an older brother who is a D3 there. There's a lot of changes going on at OHSU with the new school having been built so you might take that into consideration. Aparently they are having all of the D1 students combine witht the Med students for some of the D1 science classes, so I that might make the diadactic science classes be a little harder as far as content goes. All the change going on can be both good and bad. I think a benefit of OHSU is that you can do some research if you want and they have quite a few specialty programs there if you're looking to specialize and get some good exposure. In the end for me I was impressed by the block scheudule of the cirriculum that Roseman has and for me the logistics of my living situation had a lot to do with my decision to go to Roseman. Best of luck with your decision!

Roseman done giving out interviews? Does Roseman even give out rejection letters?

Roseman done giving out interviews? Does Roseman even give out rejection letters?

Last year I got a rejection email at the end of June (no interview offered that cycle).

i tried calling to ask how full the class was but kept getting the answering machine... i also sent an email about a week ago and got no response.... anyone else have better luck?????

i tried calling to ask how full the class was but kept getting the answering machine... i also sent an email about a week ago and got no response.... anyone else have better luck?????
Like I mentioned before, the class is not considered officially full until matriculation. I highly doubt that they will tell you exactly how many people have accepted their offers and deposited (for the reasons dmdluffy has stated above - "anything can happen").

When I asked Rebecca how much movement there has been recently (this was about two weeks ago), she said that they don't release that kind of information. When I asked her whether the movement is consistent throughout the summer in general, she said it is but it depends on the year. Amanda has said that every year is different, and there is no way of knowing how much movement there will be on the waitlist based on previous years. Even if you get a hold of them or get an email response, my guess is that you will hear something along these lines.

I wish Roseman also had that system where they tell you ROUGHLY where you are on the waitlist. Even if it just tells you how many digits your number is!

i just withdrew my seat at roseman. goodluck to everyone still waiting!

Like I mentioned before, the class is not considered officially full until matriculation. I highly doubt that they will tell you exactly how many people have accepted their offers and deposited (for the reasons dmdluffy has stated above - "anything can happen").

When I asked Rebecca how much movement there has been recently (this was about two weeks ago), she said that they don't release that kind of information. When I asked her whether the movement is consistent throughout the summer in general, she said it is but it depends on the year. Amanda has said that every year is different, and there is no way of knowing how much movement there will be on the waitlist based on previous years. Even if you get a hold of them or get an email response, my guess is that you will hear something along these lines.

I wish Roseman also had that system where they tell you ROUGHLY where you are on the waitlist. Even if it just tells you how many digits your number is!

Did you interview already?

They have received my completed packet today and I am now officially an alternate. I love everything about Roseman and the faculty members are amazing! Really hope I can go there.

They have received my completed packet today and I am now officially an alternate. I love everything about Roseman and the faculty members are amazing! Really hope I can go there.

Wrong roseman thread.