****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I'm boarding this alternate list train. Interviewed Feb 6. As Davidvu45 said, I wonder how many get accepted off of the list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Howdy friends! It looks like I have the same news as everyone. Alternate list.

Although this is not ideal, this was my second time application cycle. My first time applying I was rejected by every school and no interviews. It feels nice to be at least on the alternate list and made a positive step forward into my dental field career.
Don't sweat it too much, you're getting closer. Last cycle I was in the same exact situation you're in now. Assuming you don't get off the list, let this failure motivate you and next cycle will be yours to win.

Judging from previous years threads this is no different from previous years, a lot are put on but people get accepted of the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Judging from previous years threads this is no different from previous years, a lot are put on but people get accepted of the waitlist

Yeah after like a month or more :( well time to chase after some other schools for a while

Do you think a good portion get accepted off the waitlist since Roseman is pretty pricey?

I think since that before the end of January and February interviews Roseman had an acceptance round and then wait-listed the candidates from the end of January and February interviews that they would accept should those people that were accepted right before the end of January and February interviews choose not to attend Roseman.

For those who are waitlisted, do we suppose to send all documents from the link they sent us? I meant the documentation for immunization and identification form.
Read da email yo! haha jk
I can't copy that paragraph but you don't have to turn the immunizations form in yet.

Don't sweat it too much, you're getting closer. Last cycle I was in the same exact situation you're in now. Assuming you don't get off the list, let this failure motivate you and next cycle will be yours to win.
I had an interview at MOSDOH and one more at LECOM in April. Honestly getting this far is a huge success despite not reaching the end goal. being rejected all across the board was tough anyways.

I am curious of the frequency of getting accepted off the mysterious "wait list." Also we do not know how many acceptances there are in relevance to how man seats available.

I am in the same boat. Interviewed on the 6th, afternoon session and I haven't heard anything yet. But maybe that's a good thing! Fingers crossed!

Well I am glad that roseman don't use snail mail. Those alternate paper are pretty lengthy. If i get a huge packet in the mail and the first thing I read is "We are pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee has selected you", and then I read "as an alternate"... I would probably need to hire someone to fix the hole in my wall.

Reactions: 7 users
I was at work and read the "We are pleased to inform you" line and was getting ready to flip over my computer in joy then got the alternate part.

Reactions: 2 users
well i guess i will reply

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a D2 student I know that a good portion of our class, somewhere between 20-40% were waitlisted. I know the D3 class they actually scheduled June interviews because they waitlist had run out. So....who knows, I imagine a good portion of you should get in before the year is done. However, don't sit and wait do something to improve yourself for next cycle just in case.

Reactions: 2 users
their

Last edited:
They usually waitlist most of the applicants they interviewed and after one or two weeks they accept most of them if they make sure you attend. They don't want to accept everyone because as it hurts the prestige and class of the school. So, if you are interested call or email. Roseman is an expensive and unestablished school. They have to fill their spots.

Good luck!

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but there hasn't been anyone accepted or rejected among those who were interviewed in Jan or Feb?! I was certainly expecting to see at least a dozen people getting the good news before a long waitlist. No updates for me though :poke:

So what's the consensus on those who interviewed Feb 6th, but haven't heard anything? Is it better or worse than being waitlisted?

Last edited:
Wait listed as well. I'm wondering if anyone who interviews actually gets rejected? Without being put on the alternate list, that is.

well i guess i will reply even with the risk of being obscenely redudant hahaha.. waitlist as well! here's hoping the current accepted list quickly starts getting slimmer and slimmer!.. hopefully at least some of the more recent acceptances will be declined (which will open up a few spots for us) and even more so the April deadline for multiple deposits (which Im hoping opens up EVEN MORE spots!... good news to me at least is it sounds like today's notifications for alternates were the first ones, which means we are hopefully right up there since they dont tell us actual numbers hahaha good luck all!! i hope to be in south jordan with you in august!

And hitting the slopes in December!

While it sucks to be waitlisted, there is traditional a good amount of movement. Keep in mind admissions is a tricky balancing act. You can't accept too many at once in the off chance everyone accepts and you don't have the seats available. Can't accept to few and run the risk of not filling the class. Also, it's important to note that the amount of time applicants have to put down a deposit decreases around this time of year to something like a week.

Keep your chins up folks, be waitlisted is better than not hearing anything or being outright rejected.

Please tell me that the first sentence of page 5 of the alternate list packet is not a tease.

Hey guys, I've looked at Class of 2018 thread and made this spreadsheet. Keep in mind that this is not 100% accurate and I did not include people who did not post dates (only stated that they are declining) because I know your biggest concern is how many and when they got off the wait-list.
Hopefully there will be more movement this year.

Attachments

• Last Year's Int-Wait List-Acceptance Dates.xlsx
    58.8 KB · Views: 163
Tomorrow I will be sending my form of accepting the wait listed spot. Hopefully within the week call them/ craft a letter to inform them of how committed I am to their program. Either way it is better then a straight no.

I believe the deadline to put down a deposit is actually 45 days, so that would put it somewhere around mid march for those who posted acceptances on Jan 30

That's correct. My acceptance email said 45 days.

I interviewed January 9 for those curious.

Oops than I stand corrected. I wonder when the shorter timeline to decide kicks in. It drops down to a week at some point...

While it sucks to be waitlisted, there is traditional a good amount of movement. Keep in mind admissions is a tricky balancing act. You can't accept too many at once in the off chance everyone accepts and you don't have the seats available. Can't accept to few and run the risk of not filling the class. Also, it's important to note that the amount of time applicants have to put down a deposit decreases around this time of year to something like a week.

Keep your chins up folks, be waitlisted is better than not hearing anything or being outright rejected.

Then, Is it bad if we didnt hear back by alternative list e-mail yesterday then? Or can it be also good thing? I interviewed in Jan.Thank you dmdluffy. Your help is always great!

Sent in my alternate list packet today :)

Was waitlisted as well, had a 2/6 interview. Sending in my packet later today.

The email was a little ambiguous, do we need to send in stuff like the 3 forms of ID with the packet? Or can that wait until later?

The email was a little ambiguous, do we need to send in stuff like the 3 forms of ID with the packet? Or can that wait until later?
It wasn't hard to prepare so I sent the ID's in with the packet but not the immunizations form yet.

Agreed, the email says don't worry about immunizations " Although the form does not need to be returned at this time," but then it also says "Please print a copy of this letter and the alternate packet, sign the alternate letter and sign and complete all other documents and send to the address below."

I'm just filling out as much as possible and sending it in.

It's actually only two forms of ID. Category III: Social Security Card had an asterisk. The asterisk was defined as International Students Only. I didn't send those with my packet but maybe I should have? @dmdluffy can you chime in on this?

I just sent the signed letter, signed minimum technical standards form, and filled out applicant background page. Everything else it seemed was either FAFSA stuff or immunization stuff which didn't need to be sent now.

I spoke with the registrars office and a social security number card is required for both international and U.S. citizens.

Oops than I stand corrected. I wonder when the shorter timeline to decide kicks in. It drops down to a week at some point...

I'm going to confirm that with them today because I do think it was supposed to be shorter. I was surprised.

+1 waitlisted

edit: anyone else feel like the forms we need to send in are a bit much? I mean we're not even accepted...

And now, 5 minutes after I drop mine in the mail, we get an email that says we need COLOR copies of our identity documents......

And now, 5 minutes after I drop mine in the mail, we get an email that says we need COLOR copies of our identity documents......

I just got that same email, its still not 100% clear on some of the things we need (I think they quickly edited this from what they send out to accepted students). For example, as alternates I don't think we don't need to fill out the financial aid information but the email seems to indicate we do. Hopefully one of us can get some clarification.

I sent in my packet before I received the email and it included 4 items: The alternate letter that I copied and pasted into a word doc and printed then signed, the essential functions form signed, the admissions information form, and a color copy of my identification documents.

Am I correct in what was required?

For people who have been wait-listed, did you guyz get email notifying that you have been selected as wait-list? or did you guyz get email notifying that you have been selected as alternate-list?
Tell me if I wrong, but I heard that alternate list and waiting list are not the same for Roseman (heard from Dr. Harmon during interview day)
Thank you

I just got that same email, its still not 100% clear on some of the things we need (I think they quickly edited this from what they send out to accepted students). For example, as alternates I don't think we don't need to fill out the financial aid information but the email seems to indicate we do. Hopefully one of us can get some clarification.

I sent in my packet before I received the email and it included 4 items: The alternate letter that I copied and pasted into a word doc and printed then signed, the essential functions form signed, the admissions information form, and a color copy of my identification documents.

Am I correct in what was required?
I'm with you, still not 100 percent clear. I spoke with Rebecca today and she gave me the list I needed to send in and it didn't include any financial information....I'm also confused because the financial information page has nothing about signing it. Just links for loans/FAFSA material.

At this point, I am more convinced they are using our identification document to commit fraud than to offer us a seat. Why do they need our identification documents at this point, colored copies no less? Our SS card/ etc. aren't **** that we should just nonchalantly send through e-mail wtf... We aint talking about the number. They want copies of the actual card... lmfao roseman

At this point, I am more convinced they are using our identification document to commit fraud than to offer us a seat. Why do they need our identification documents at this point, colored copies no less? Our SS card/ etc. aren't **** that we should just nonchalantly send through e-mail wtf... We aint talking about the number. They want copies of the actual card... lmfao roseman
Absolutely right. Why do they need everything necessary to steal your identity, and how do they plan to protect it, coming un-encrypted. Somebody doesn't have a clue what they are doing there. Apparently 4 years is not long enough to figure it out.

I have yet to receive the "color copies" email. I already sent my packet with signed letter, signed minimum standards, and background form filled out. I didn't send the identity stuff because it says "prior to matriculation". Since I'm only waitlisted and not matriculating I felt I didn't need to put my identity at risk. I think I'll call tomorrow to be sure. Not sure why they need that information just to confirm your spot as an alternate.

I'm with you, still not 100 percent clear. I spoke with Rebecca today and she gave me the list I needed to send in and it didn't include any financial information....I'm also confused because the financial information page has nothing about signing it. Just links for loans/FAFSA material.

I called the financial aid office and was told that they used to include that financial aid info form but now they don't and not to worry about it.