****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Invited to interview. I've declined my spot as I have already accepted an offer an another school.

Members don't see this ad.

They're still interviewing?? So many people are on this alternate list!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on Jan 9th morning, got an acceptance on Feb 2nd. I submitted my acceptance packet on the 3rd and received a confirmation on the 10th ( I sent all black and white copies).

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially on the alternate list today. Me and like a billion other people?

So question, if u guys could help me out it would be much appreciated! I received an interview request this morning. Dies anyone know if any seats for admission are still open or would I just be interviewing for an alternate position?

I'm reeeaaalllyyy curious to know how many people are on this alternate list. This is just madness. I was actually so happy Roseman wanted to interview me and it made me feel special because I love their program and would die to attend but apparently they just interview 282759353892 people so there goes that. :(

Reactions: 1 user
I'm reeeaaalllyyy curious to know how many people are on this alternate list. This is just madness. I was actually so happy Roseman wanted to interview me and it made me feel special because I love their program and would die to attend but apparently they just interview 282759353892 people so there goes that. :(
Roseman was my first interview ever. It was a little bit of a let down to hear they have interviewed 800 or so applicants for 82 seats.

Roseman was my first interview ever. It was a little bit of a let down to hear they have interviewed 800 or so applicants for 82 seats.

Good lord...

Pretty sure even large medical schools with much larger classes don't even interview that many applicants.

They're still interviewing?? So many people are on this alternate list!
Well I plan on bypassing the alternate list... Hahaha jk. But there has to be a method to their madness right?

anyone interviewing this Friday afternoon interested in having breakfast somewhere before?

Do a lot of people apply who cannot afford dental school, then end up dropping their acceptance last minute?
I don't think most of us can... But the loans can! Haha

Well I plan on bypassing the alternate list... Hahaha jk. But there has to be a method to their madness right?
Well, it makes you feel like you were competitive for sure......therefore ensuring that you pay them again next year when you apply again and encouraging others to apply because they see how many get interviews in the AADSAS book. Gotta remember these schools like to make lots of money I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it makes you feel like you were competitive for sure......therefore ensuring that you pay them again next year when you apply again and encouraging others to apply because they see how many get interviews in the AADSAS book. Gotta remember these schools like to make lots of money I guess.
Ugh that's an unpleasant thought. Make me pay supplemental fees when I know there's no chance fine, but don't make me take an impromptu vacation and miss school and work. At least travelings kinda fun.

When did you send in your alternate packet? I sent mine 2/11 and still haven't received a confirmation email.

Mine went in the mail on 2/11

Oh man, 800?!?!? That's INSANE. It definitely did take a little bit of my confidence away when I realized that they interview a huge number of applicants. I'm glad I got to see the school though because I really loved the program after learning all about it. Good luck to you this cycle!!

I believe every interview had 80 ppl and I think early march interview will be 7th interview for Roseman. So it will 560 ppl instead of 800.

I have been accepted to school elsewhere but sent my packet as an alternate just so I could "play the game" with them too even if I did get accepted. 99% sure I would decline. Kind of pissed me off when I traveled 10+ hours , missed school, payed for hotel, etc just to interview with 80 ppl in one day then have majority get wait listed. And why would they continue to interview ppl with all these seats on the waitlist. Wtf roseman.

Why take someone's spot just because the school pissed you off? That's like punishing a kid if you're mad at their parents lol.
Like I said 99% sure I woundnt go.

I don't know how that analgoy makes sense bc I'm not "punishing" anyone bc even if I would get an offer I would LIKELY decline and would be offered to someone else...but I like to keep my options open

Edit: not that I'm sending my packet bc I'm pissed at them just like I said to keep my options open, play they game with them too, if that makes sense

I'm seeing tons of complaining from a bunch of predents based off conjecture and glimpses of information. It's disappointing. While I can understand those of you who wish you were not waitlisted and accepted outright, you choose to ignore small anecdotal from students who have already been on the waitlist and been accepted off of it. Historically from the first four classes, alternates have a decent shot of getting in. It sucks, I get it. But at least you're not outright rejected. To speculate that the school interviews you so they can make a couple of bucks off your supplemental app fees? Seriously? Relative to the monstrous tuition we pay, doesn't it seem kind of silly to suggest something like that. In the end, none of us except for a small number of people involved with admissions has any clue about the numbers or what the admissions plan is.

Ultimately, what I can say about any admissions process, ours included, is that if you get an interview, you are being looked at as an individual and how you fit into the larger culture and system of the school. This is true for dental school and post-grad residencies. Maybe less bitching about being waitlisted, when you haven't been rejected or heard nothing like some of your less fortunate peers, and more effort on preparing your application for the next cycle just in case (or anything else productive) would be a better use of your time.

I'll get off my soap box. Sorry if I've upset anyone.

Reactions: 13 users
hey! I'm interviewing the 20th morning session too and my flight is at 5:25pm, would you have more room in your rental car?
Also, I get into SLC airport on the 19th at 7:30pm, if it's around the same time as yours maybe we could split the cost for the rental?

I land in Utah on the 19th at 4:30. But we have similar times for departure after the interview so I can prob give you a ride to the airport.

I land in Utah on the 19th at 4:30. But we have similar times for departure after the interview so I can prob give you a ride to the airport.
hi enamel88! I arrive on the 19th at 3:40 and fly out 20th at 7:30. It looks like we have really similar arrival and departure time and dates. I messaged you so if you could check that, or PM me when you get the chance if I could possibly catch a ride with you/split a cab! Thanks so much!

I have an interview on March 6th. Any tips from those who have been accepted and rejected? What did you find to be the strong points/ weaknesses in your interviews?

I have an interview on March 6th. Any tips from those who have been accepted and rejected? What did you find to be the strong points/ weaknesses in your interviews?
Eat a big meal beforehand, and relax, it's pretty laid back.

I was accepted last week and my words of wisdom to all those still going for an interview is BE YOURSELF!! Getting into dental school is not about trying to mould yourself to fit the school. The process is made to see if your true self will mesh with the school and its philosophies. GOOD LUCk!

Reactions: 6 users
I was accepted last week and my words of wisdom to all those still going for an interview is BE YOURSELF!! Getting into dental school is not about trying to mould yourself to fit the school. The process is made to see if your true self will mesh with the school and its philosophies. GOOD LUCk!

Congrat!! when did you interview? were you notified as alternate list and accepted or got the call for acceptance?

I Interviewed on January 23rd. For everyone that is loosing hope about the alternate list...I was put on the waitlist briefly and then received an acceptance. So...keep your heads high and have some patience.

Reactions: 4 users
I Interviewed on January 23rd. For everyone that is loosing hope about the alternate list...I was put on the waitlist briefly and then received an acceptance. So...keep your heads high and have some patience.
How were you placed on the waitlist last week when everyone else only got officially placed on the alternate list tuseday?
Do you mean you were offered a seat on the alternate, but got accepted before you were placed on it?

I have an interview March 6th. I'm flying in from California, if there are any females looking to split hotel or anyone down to split transportation from SLC airport, etc message me privately :)
I'm flying in Thursday at noon and leaving Friday at 8pm, staying at Home2Suites. If someone was just down for splitting a cab or rental I'd be down..I'd ideally like to go out to eat at Red Iguana or another popular yelp place and maybe light sightseeing!

Last edited:
How were you placed on the waitlist last week when everyone else only got officially placed on the alternate list tuseday?
Do you mean you were offered a seat on the alternate, but got accepted before you were placed on it?

They weren't placed on the waitlist last week. They were accepted last week. Interview was on 1/23, then placed on waitlist, then accepted last week.

They weren't placed on the waitlist last week. They were accepted last week. Interview was on 1/23, then placed on waitlist, then accepted last week.
But that's my point. His place was not confirmed on the waitlist. I interviewed pre-dec and I just got put on the waitlist this week.

Either that means that this guy was not on the waitlist, or roseman is not even using the waitlist ATM.

But that's my point. His place was not confirmed on the waitlist. I interviewed pre-dec and I just got put on the waitlist this week.

Either that means that this guy was not on the waitlist, or roseman is not even using the waitlist ATM.

Yeah, I think you are right. I dont think he/she didnt receive the wait-listed email. I guess only way to find out is to ask canblonde. Did you receive the waiting list email canblonde? Thank you.

I'm seeing tons of complaining from a bunch of predents based off conjecture and glimpses of information. It's disappointing. While I can understand those of you who wish you were not waitlisted and accepted outright, you choose to ignore small anecdotal from students who have already been on the waitlist and been accepted off of it. Historically from the first four classes, alternates have a decent shot of getting in. It sucks, I get it. But at least you're not outright rejected. To speculate that the school interviews you so they can make a couple of bucks off your supplemental app fees? Seriously? Relative to the monstrous tuition we pay, doesn't it seem kind of silly to suggest something like that. In the end, none of us except for a small number of people involved with admissions has any clue about the numbers or what the admissions plan is.

Ultimately, what I can say about any admissions process, ours included, is that if you get an interview, you are being looked at as an individual and how you fit into the larger culture and system of the school. This is true for dental school and post-grad residencies. Maybe less bitching about being waitlisted, when you haven't been rejected or heard nothing like some of your less fortunate peers, and more effort on preparing your application for the next cycle just in case (or anything else productive) would be a better use of your time.

I'll get off my soap box. Sorry if I've upset anyone.
Thank you dmdluffy, that was starting to get aggravating.

Reactions: 2 users
seems like 29 members from FB are student who will be attending Roseman this year and 7 of them are current dental student.
Maybe there are still a lot of ppl holding spot for Roseman while they are waiting for their top dental school, that's y Roseman is delaying release of acceptance, I hope.
Let's keep it up with positive attidude and hope we hear soon from Roseman.

Reactions: 2 users
From the day you get the acceptance email you have 15 days to send in your confirmation letter and deposit...hope this clarifies.

Reactions: 1 users
From the day you get the acceptance email you have 15 days to send in your confirmation letter and deposit...hope this clarifies.

Thank you canblonde!! One last question for you! Did u ever receice alternate or waiting list e-mail before your acceptance? Thank you so much!

Dang, still keeping hopes up :)

Also, happy Lunar New Year to everyone! :)

Here's to getting the call from a dental school. Then we can all take a vacation before the new chapter starts!

For further clarification, you have to remember that once you interview if the school has already handed out 82 acceptances and they have 45 days for their deposits, then you have to wait on the waiting list until those 45 days are up. Then the 2nd round of acceptances for the remaining 82 spots go out, then you have to wait another 45 days. After that however many spots are left each round will continue to get acceptances issued. They may have a list of 200 potential students but they can only send out acceptances for the remaining seats and then they have to wait the time limit they have set for deposits to be made. Each time the amount of acceptances decreases because more and more deposits are made. From my understanding from classmates as well as talking with some of the admissions faculty. Is if you are waitlisted, you are considered as an "accepted" student with the contingency there are enough seats. With the last round of acceptances as Canblonde noted the deposit deadline is now set at 15 days, so expect more activity. As in more acceptances more frequently however less will be sent with each batch every 15 days or so. Due to Roseman's expense and other factors like being new and a different type of curriculum, you will see movement on the waitlist. It can be frustrating waiting, however do not plan on being accepted, instead try to continue to prepare for next cycle and continue working to better your application so you are continually working towards your goal of becoming a dentist. If you get off the waitlist then you can stop worrying about next year, but don't stand still. You could end up missing another year because of it.

Reactions: 11 users
Quick question. On the checklist that Ms. Haviland sent out there is something called "Financial Aid Office Student Information Sheet" that we are supposed to sign and submit. I have gone through the packet but did not see this section. Is it just me?

Quick question. On the checklist that Ms. Haviland sent out there is something called "Financial Aid Office Student Information Sheet" that we are supposed to sign and submit. I have gone through the packet but did not see this section. Is it just me?
Wait-list people don't have to turn that in because we only have a check list.

Turned down my acceptance. It's a great program. Good luck to you guys.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone!

I too gave up my acceptance on Friday. Hopefully it brings good news to one of you :) Best of luck!!

Reactions: 3 users
What were the small group interviews like?

Are you talking about the small group project we had to do? We broke off into teams of three and for about 25 minutes we got to know one another with specific questions that Dr. Harman wanted answer. Then our group stood in front of all the other applicants and we took turns presenting another person. It was pretty fun.

Out of curiosity, why did both of you turn down your acceptance?

I turned down my offer to stay close to home. I liked Roseman's program a lot, maybe more than where I'll be attending.