***The Official Tufts Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just received the interview invite via e-mail! :joyful: Honestly cannot ask for a better Tuesday night in the midst of all this PubMed-ing! For those of you who had already interviewed, could you share bits about the interview day please? Also, are Tufts interviews conducted one on one?

Thanks so much in advance & Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just scheduled my interview for January 20th! I only wish I didn't have to put down a deposit elsewhere to save my spot..

Just received the interview invite via e-mail! :joyful: Honestly cannot ask for a better Tuesday night in the midst of all this PubMed-ing! For those of you who had already interviewed, could you share bits about the interview day please? Also, are Tufts interviews conducted one on one?

Hello! My interview was with one student and onefaculty member. Informal. Only question they asked me was how do I handle stress. Everything else was girl talk.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I meant my interview is January 6th! :D LOL. Congrats on getting in though! Do you mind sharing with me how cold is "the cold" up there? I'm from Texas...:/ and have never been up north!
I will also be there on the 6th :D excited for us!!

Hey! The interview day was very laid back. You sit through a few presentations in the morning, then go on a tour, then lunch, then interview. They pull you from lunch to interview. Some say they take you quickly but I got to eat my entire lunch before they interviewed me. After that, they give closing remarks and you are free to go. Boston is an amazing city. Have some fun while you're there! Good Luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! The interview day was very laid back. You sit through a few presentations in the morning, then go on a tour, then lunch, then interview. They pull you from lunch to interview. Some say they take you quickly but I got to eat my entire lunch before they interviewed me. After that, they give closing remarks and you are free to go. Boston is an amazing city. Have some fun while you're there! Good Luck!
Were you accepted by Tufts as well? Or was your interview too recent to tell? I am just wondering how much of a chance us January interviewees have at acceptance. Thanks!

Invite Today!!! Don't give up hope, I got to choose from like 5 dates in January!

I will also be there on the 6th :D excited for us!!
Boston's "cold" is not horrible but will be a big change from Texas. It is a bit milder than most of NE because it is on the water. Then again I am from Upstate/New York and Vermont so I have an extremely warped sense of what constitutes "cold" :)

Would you say that it is similar to the one in NOVA?

Were you accepted by Tufts as well? Or was your interview too recent to tell? I am just wondering how much of a chance us January interviewees have at acceptance. Thanks!

I interviewed at Tufts on November 24th and was accepted on December 8th.

Has anyone ever used the Tufts University Travel Portal (I think it's a service provided by Campus Travel Management)? I just made a reservation and received a confirmation e-mail that says, "Your trip is confirmed and the reservation is guaranteed." If I want to actually book a room for myself, should I cancel my reservation that I've made and use other websites such as Hotels.com and Priceline?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever used the Tufts University Travel Portal (I think it's a service provided by Campus Travel Management)? I just made a reservation and received a confirmation e-mail that says, "Your trip is confirmed and the reservation is guaranteed." If I want to actually book a room for myself, should I cancel my reservation that I've made and use other websites such as Hotels.com and Priceline?

I looked at the portal, but I chose other options for the same reason

So my application still says complete on adsas. Do I still have a chance?

So my application still says complete on adsas. Do I still have a chance?
As of today, there are about 90+ students that have made a deposit.

So does that means my chances are pretty slim
Out of those 90, a few may leave their spots. The committee will meet again mid January to send out more acceptances. You chances will become slim by February. However, there is still hope.

Out of those 90, a few may leave their spots. The committee will meet again mid January to send out more acceptances. You chances will become slim by February. However, there is still hope.
Dang, hopefully something shows up.

I have already completed my AADSAS and sent it in on July 3. I did not apply to Tufts but I am interested now. Their AADSAS deadline is not until Feb 2; does anyone recommend me still sending in an app to Tufts or is it too late and are my chances slim?

It couldn't hurt you in any way

I have already completed my AADSAS and sent it in on July 3. I did not apply to Tufts but I am interested now. Their AADSAS deadline is not until Feb 2; does anyone recommend me still sending in an app to Tufts or is it too late and are my chances slim?
Do you know anyone that works or goes there? If not, your chances are VERY slim.

Slim chances? Yes. Still possible. Lots of these interviews have been post December

I just interviewed yesterday and it was AWESOME. I would add it if I were you. Even though it might be late, if they still do file review then they will see it!

They compared last year to this year while I was there and the director said this:
3,700 applied
only 193 interviewed so far and they will be interviewing at least 500
170 acceptances have been granted but they are still waiting on some students to submit their deposits, you have 30 days to submit a $1500 deposit
they will accept 400 students, and most of the November/December students will chose their state school instead which will make a class size of about 195

70-80% of interviewed students get accepted
5-15% go on a wait list
and 5% go on hold, which just seemed like a wait list for the wait list.
nobody gets rejected until the dental class gets filled and deposits are paid.

Reactions: 1 users
let me correct myself, no INTERVIEWED students will be rejected until the class is filled and deposits are paid

Had my interview yesterday, of the 170 that have been offered a seat only 75 have actually accepted.
Also, easily the most laid back interview I've had. It was just chit chat and then they asked why dentistry, then more chit chat

Reactions: 3 users
Had my interview yesterday, of the 170 that have been offered a seat only 75 have actually accepted.
Also, easily the most laid back interview I've had. It was just chit chat and then they asked why dentistry, then more chit chat
Yeah man, it was my only interview but I also felt like I was over prepared, but thats a good thing though...

As for seats in the dental class, I have talked to a few people already that have turned down their spot. It would be such an amazing experience and such a great school to go to, but the cost is really steep. I think if I get in I will definitely pursue the military opportunities, but I will wait till then.

Did they also tell you that you will be notified by the 16th?

Yeah man, it was my only interview but I also felt like I was over prepared, but thats a good thing though...

As for seats in the dental class, I have talked to a few people already that have turned down their spot. It would be such an amazing experience and such a great school to go to, but the cost is really steep. I think if I get in I will definitely pursue the military opportunities, but I will wait till then.

Did they also tell you that you will be notified by the 16th?
They should let us know by the 16. The price tag is big, but the school offers a lot and if you are responsible with your money, you can reduce your debt.

They said they would start giving out the new batch of acceptances on the 16th, which also means if you don't get accepted on that day you still can if someone else turns down their seat.
As far as money goes, if you don't get into you state school then just about every school costs around the 350-400 mark. They also said 400 is about the absolute max, so you can reduce that significantly by cutting living expenses and other costs.

Just scheduled my interview for January 20th! I only wish I didn't have to put down a deposit elsewhere to save my spot..
Where did you get in, if I may ask?

I just wanted to update on my experience with the Tufts Travel Portal! I decided to stick with it in the end and everything went fine (or did I luck out...? Haha) :) Not even Hotels.com deals could beat the price offered through this portal -- at least when I was booking. Hopefully this assures any future interviewees who may be skeptical about the service -- don't be! And Good Luck!

I just noticed my status on AADSAS changed from Invited for Interview to Received/Under Review. I interviewed last week. Did this happen to anyone else? Feeling worried... :(

EDIT: I thought the admissions committee wasn't meeting until this Thursday 1/15 to decide.

I just noticed my status on AADSAS changed from Invited for Interview to Received/Under Review. I interviewed last week. Did this happen to anyone else? Feeling worried... :(

EDIT: I thought the admissions committee wasn't meeting until this Thursday 1/15 to decide.
Same here. Lol I really wish I didn't check now I'll be over thinking this hahah

Same here. Lol I really wish I didn't check now I'll be over thinking this hahah
Oh no, I'm sorry! But maybe it's just a sign that they met earlier and reached decisions. We'll find out really soon and they'll email us so we won't need to check again. Good luck to you! Sorry again for making you worry!

Oh no, I'm sorry! But maybe it's just a sign that they met earlier and reached decisions. We'll find out really soon and they'll email us so we won't need to check again. Good luck to you! Sorry again for making you worry!

Same here! mine changed too :X

Withdrawing my acceptance to go somewhere else. Good luck everyone!!

I hope they send out emails in the morning tommorow

Anyone know when they will be sending out the next batch of interview invites?

Mine did too, I just noticed today!!! AHHHHH:scared::cryi: This is my number one absolute favorite school too!

I hope they send out emails in the morning tommorow
Me too, because I will be at work all day so I will be totally nervous! I can't wait around till 3 PM, I will definitely have to be looking

I'm with SMILES...I wonder if they will send out more interview invites?

I'm with SMILES...I wonder if they will send out more interview invites?

I'm wondering and hoping the same thing.

They should be! When I interviewed, Melissa Freidman said they go until late Feb/early March. However, she also said seats in the dental class begin to get really competitive by mid Feb

We find out today!!! The suspense is killing me!