***The Official UCLA Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

kingenamel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for UCLA's Class of 2019! Post if you have questions/ updates on UCLA!

Best of Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
As a member of the class of 2018, I obviously haven't started yet so I can't help too much with what school is like, but feel free to PM me with any questions about the application process for UCLA!

As a member of the class of 2018, I obviously haven't started yet so I can't help too much with what school is like, but feel free to PM me with any questions about the application process for UCLA!
can i know which undergraduate you have attend ?!

Members don't see this ad :)
can i know which undergraduate you have attend ?!

Just to keep a tiny bit of anonymity I'd rather not share exactly where I went - but like I've said on a number of posts I went to a CSU and you can rest assured that doing so will not hold you back in any way.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to keep a tiny bit of anonymity I'd rather not share exactly where I went - but like I've said on a number of posts I went to a CSU and you can rest assured that doing so will not hold you back in any way.
can you sent it to me in a private conversation if you can don't worry i will not cause you problems !!

For those interested, according to Dr. Toothache's guide the most recent stats for UCLA are:

oGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.6
DAT: 22/22/22

For those interested, according to Dr. Toothache's guide the most recent stats for UCLA are:

oGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.6
DAT: 22/22/22
Do you have a link for Dr.Toothache's guide ?

Did anyone else get UCLA's supplemental application? It seems like the portion on the 3rd page underneath "how many siblings" isn't showing up. I think it's supposed to be asking your marital status, but it's blank for me. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Alright guys I was able to get the file in the pdf format that allows you to type in it but I am not sure how I am supposed to send it. There is a text box for you to answer the questions, which allows you to scroll up and down in order to view your answer but will this be available to the admissions panel when they receive it? or do I have to limit my answers to the visible space? I tried calling them but Ms. Benitez is back until July 14th. any help? thanks

Alright guys I was able to get the file in the pdf format that allows you to type in it but I am not sure how I am supposed to send it. There is a text box for you to answer the questions, which allows you to scroll up and down in order to view your answer but will this be available to the admissions panel when they receive it? or do I have to limit my answers to the visible space? I tried calling them but Ms. Benitez is back until July 14th. any help? thanks
As far as I know, after you complete the PDF file, you should print it to PDF...SO in order to do this, there are two easy ways; one, when you're done, you can print it and then scan it into PDF (easiest one)...OR you can download a software called PrimoPDF, after you install this free software you'll be able to print the completed form directly into PDF by choosing PrimoPDF from the printer options...

On the side note, since I have Adobe Acrobat, I was able to make the form savable, but I don't know if I'm allowed to upload it here or not...

As far as I know, after you complete the PDF file, you should print it to PDF...SO in order to do this, there are two easy ways; one, when you're done, you can print it and then scan it into PDF (easiest one)...OR you can download a software called PrimoPDF, after you install this free software you'll be able to print the completed form directly into PDF by choosing PrimoPDF from the printer options...

On the side note, since I have Adobe Acrobat, I was able to make the form savable, but I don't know if I'm allowed to upload it here or not...

Okay thank you. I have adobe also. what I'm not sure about now is how long these answers can be. Would they be able to scroll through the text box when they get it?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you try it, you'll see that the text box won't allow you to put anything more than the space they have provided...So you have to fit anything you want to write in that text box

For the significant community service explanation on the supplement, I really really want to write more than the small space provided so I am thinking of putting this on the additional information part of the supplement. Good move or bad move?

For the significant community service explanation on the supplement, I really really want to write more than the small space provided so I am thinking of putting this on the additional information part of the supplement. Good move or bad move?
Quality > Quantity
It's an appetizer for them to scan over to prepare questions for the interview

Hey guys I applied to UCLA as well.
I am an international student with TGPA 3.6 and SGPA 3.5. My first Dat was s21/aa20/p22. Both the gpa and dat are below the average. And I heard that UCLA considers lab experience somewhat important. I do have lab experience, but I don't consider myself being really involved. (Though I learned a lot). How much of chance do I stand? How competitive can it be?! Thanks

A 3.5 with a 20AA is typically a little on the low side for UCLA especially as an international student but it's not TOO bad. Give it a shot and see what happens but make sure you apply to plenty others. With those numbers you will get into a few schools for sure.

A 3.5 with a 20AA is typically a little on the low side for UCLA especially as an international student but it's not TOO bad. Give it a shot and see what happens but make sure you apply to plenty others. With those numbers you will get into a few schools for sure.
Thanks. I applied to 8 others, all of them are private and less competitive (at least it apears to be) except UCSF and UNLV.
I got a little scared by reading last cycle's thread..

Hmm, I completed the form and saved it as a PDF and then sent it to the email address provided. Is this acceptable too?

I guess as long as it's in a PDF format and is less than 5 Mb you should be fine, but maybe called Noemi and double check!

I just received my secondary today. How long does it usually take for Noemi to get back with questions about the app?

I just received my secondary today. How long does it usually take for Noemi to get back with questions about the app?

Noemi is great. She has always responded to my emails in a couple of hours. The next day sometime at the latest....

Noemi is great. She has always responded to my emails in a couple of hours. The next day sometime at the latest....
I'm essentially done with my UCLA supplemental aside from the sections that needed clarification from Noemi. I haven't heard back from her since my original post. Do you think it would be bothersome to e-mail her again? I don't want to pester so early in the application process.

Argh, why does UCLA send out interview invites so late... the anticipation is killing me!! :cold:

Reactions: 1 users
Argh, why does UCLA send out interview invites so late... the anticipation is killing me!! :cold:

UCLA sends out interviews VERY late. No need to worry at this stage of the game... I remember I got my invite sometime like Oct 10-20 and ended up interviewing the day before Halloween!

UCLA was added to my aadsas portal yesterday with a Received/app complete status

UCLA was added to my aadsas portal yesterday with a Received/app complete status

Can you tell us when your mail out date was and when you emailed them the PDF supplemental form? UCLA isn't posted on my AADSAS yet

Can you tell us when your mail out date was and when you emailed them the PDF supplemental form? UCLA isn't posted on my AADSAS yet

Mailout date 7/18 and submitted my supp 7/25. I'm also OOS

Really? My mail out was 7/18 also and turned the supplemental in on 7/22 :/ . did you email the PDF to [email protected]?

yup! maybe they haven't gotten your check yet? I emailed to make sure they had received it. I was actually surprised that my aadsas was updated since I wasn't expecting any change until after sep 3.

yup! maybe they haven't gotten your check yet? I emailed to make sure they had received it. I was actually surprised that my aadsas was updated since I wasn't expecting any change until after sep 3.
They posted receipt of my check on 7/28..I wonder if they didn't accept my PDF? I found a way to save it on my Mac book then print and email it after

They posted receipt of my check on 7/28..I wonder if they didn't accept my PDF? I found a way to save it on my Mac book then print and email it after

My AADSAS portal was also updated a few days ago and I used a Mac to complete the PDF, so that shouldn't be the problem. If they processed your check and you have sent in your completed secondary, you could call them to make sure everything is in order!

Hey did you guys get an email saying that your supplemental was received? I emailed mine last week and there is no way to know for sure that they got it unless I am missing something.

I don't think I ever got an email notification, but they directly updated my AADSAS status to "application complete"

Reactions: 2 users
I got an email back from UCLA, they won't start reviewing apps until late September to March

Hey guys,

I sent in my secondary fee more than one month ago but it never got cashed out. I emailed Naomi but she haven't reply. It has been more than a day. My AADSAS portal is status says application received/ application completed yesterday. Did your checks get cashed out guys ? What should I do ?

Hey guys,

I sent in my secondary fee more than one month ago but it never got cashed out. I emailed Naomi but she haven't reply. It has been more than a day. My AADSAS portal is status says application received/ application completed yesterday. Did your checks get cashed out guys ? What should I do ?

You can always try calling the office to see if they got your application fee.

"You may check if your file is complete on the AADSAS website after September 3. The decision code for complete files will be set to 'Received/Application Complete.' Unfortunately, our office cannot provide status checks over the telephone.You may also email me in September if your status is not updated on the AADSAS website..."

I wouldn't wanna get on their bad side. I would wait to bug them after September 3rd, but that's just me.

Noemi was able to get back to me this morning after I left a message on her phone. I felt bad for bothering her but UCLA is my top choice so I don't want to risk anything. Thanks guys! :)

UCLA will test your patience. They are very selective and very slow. GL.

Do you guys know if there're character limits for the supplemental application? I kept on writing in the spaces provided but just realized part of my response might be cut off? Thank you!!!

I just realized my pdf didn't save properly, so I essentially sent a blank file as my secondary :( :( :( :( I scanned and resent it, but I hope this delay won't jeopardize my chances...
At least you realized it now and not after when invites start rolling out!!