The Official Univ. of New England Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interview invite for Oct 20th! I wouldn't pick Monday if I get to choose the date...but still very grateful!!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview 8/20! :boom:

Reactions: 1 users
I applied here in June and got the email saying they received my application and to look forward to hearing from us soon, but never got a secondary application? Do they have a secondary application?
They do have a secondary app. I submitted my primary for UNE on Monday, got a confirmation email the next day and then the secondary application a few hours later. Did you meet all the cut offs from their website?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see it on the website. Do you happen to have the link? And I've gotten a secondary from every other school so I'm surprised.

I don't see it on the website. Do you happen to have the link? And I've gotten a secondary from every other school so I'm surprised.
Hmm...I thought UNE had some DAT/gpa cutoff but their admissions website doesn't say anything about that. I apologize for the confusion >.<

Man I need to get on more. Ha.

AADSAS mailed out my application on 6/27. I received the interview invitation on 8/11. I'll be there 9/15 @ 11am. Man time flies! Anyone else have an 11am start time on the 15th?

Congrats to the others with interviews, and good luck to those still waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interview on the Sept 15?
Man I need to get on more. Ha.

AADSAS mailed out my application on 6/27. I received the interview invitation on 8/11. I'll be there 9/15 @ 11am. Man time flies! Anyone else have an 11am start time on the 15th?

Congrats to the others with interviews, and good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats! I will be there at the 11AM, 9/15!

That is great! Congratulations to you as well. I am a Missouri resident...where are you from?

I'm NY resident. But I'm originally from Vietnam.

Woo! Just received an interview Oct. 27 @ 8:00 am. My AADSAS was sent out August 2nd. :):soexcited::):soexcited:

do you guys know if the interview is open or closed file?

Woo! I have an interview Oct. 27! If anybody wants to room with me to split the cost, let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
So...My interview is this coming Monday the 15th, and I just realized that they never sent me an agenda for the day with specific location announcements. Did anyone else have this issue?

So...My interview is this coming Monday the 15th, and I just realized that they never sent me an agenda for the day with specific location announcements. Did anyone else have this issue?

They sent me a email with 3 files: parking pass, schedule, and campus map. I can forward them to you if you want.

They sent me a email with 3 files: parking pass, schedule, and campus map. I can forward them to you if you want.

Interesting. I appear to have been forgotten. I'm sure it is not a big deal. As for the email, yes...I'd love to have it! I started a "conversation" with you via our SDN inbox. Thank you.

Can someone explain to me what the interview process is like? Questions they will ask, etc

Can someone explain to me what the interview process is like? Questions they will ask, etc
It is going to be your standard interview questions. Look up the most common dental school interview questions and I guarantee if you have a response in mind it will help you. Also be aware of dentistry in Maine and the recent push for dental therapists. And the deficit of dental care in rural Maine. Practice not fiddling your hands during an interview. Look them in the eye. Be yourself.

Interesting. I appear to have been forgotten. I'm sure it is not a big deal. As for the email, yes...I'd love to have it! I started a "conversation" with you via our SDN inbox. Thank you.
Was it an issue that you never got the e-mail? The same thing happened to me. My invitation was only 10 days before the interview date, so maybe it happened because it was so last minute. Did they give you a parking pass once you got to the interview?

Don't worry about the parking pass. Worst case-if you don't get one, write a note on your dash so you aren't towed and security will see you are at an interview and won't ticket.

Anyone interviewing Monday (10/20) want to split a room/car whatever? I'm a guy

My application status just went from "received/under review" to "received/application complete".

Did anyone else get this? I'm not sure if this is a good sign or a bad sign...

I've got a hotel and car if anyone wants to join me and split some costs this weekend! I get in Sunday night and am leaving Monday afternoon. pm me

Interview invite for Oct 20th! I wouldn't pick Monday if I get to choose the date...but still very grateful!!
I interview the same day! Which hotel are you staying at? There are so many choices!

I'm at America's Best Value Inn in Biddeford! Haha, I'm cheap... where are you guys staying?

When I interviewed in Sept, I stayed at Ramada. They offered free ride to the school for the interview and the ride back to hotel.

Did anyone that interviewed get an AADSAS status change from "invited for interview" to something else? Or did anyone interview and get rejected? Lots of silence here so I'm just curious

Mine still says invited for interview. No other updates.

Did anyone that interviewed get an AADSAS status change from "invited for interview" to something else? Or did anyone interview and get rejected? Lots of silence here so I'm just curious
I don't believe you will see any rejection until Dec. through AADSAS.

I have an interview on October 27th! I love UNE!

Is anybody else applying for acceptance without their bachelors upon matriculation?

I have an interview on October 27th! I love UNE!

Is anybody else applying for acceptance without their bachelors upon matriculation?
Hey, same here Anselmian! If you want, we can split a room, but I understand if you want your own space.

I'm sure there will be people applying without their bachelors. Just let them know of any updates in grades like they mentioned in the recent email.

Hey Jordan! Its only an hour drive for me, so I won't be getting a hotel room! Good luck to you!

got an interview for November 10th!!
Can anyone share their experience at their interview? how was the process etc.?

thank you in advance!!

My interview was on october 20th, and it was the PM session. (They had an AM and PM session)
interview was like this:
-first, everyone waits in the lobby until the specified time that the interviews start. then you go into the clinic, and you meet all the faculty and they give a presentation on the school, its values, your curriculum, etc.
-after that, you go into a lunch room and have a quick snack/ break.
-then, when the faculty members are ready to take interviewees, they move everyone into another room and you have Q&A with the Dean. While the whole group is talking with the dean, they will take groups of about 6 people at a time for interviews. Each student has their own interview with two faculty members. (one might have been a student? idk)
- the interview is open file, they have looked through it and will know about you somewhat.
- it seemed like they asked a lot of behavioral questions, and scenario based questions. Pretty common stuff.
-after the interviews are done, you take a quick tour of the school with some students.

thank you in advance!!

When was your application listed as complete?

thank you in advance!!
I had my interview on Oct. 27 and absolutely loved the school; everyone from the faculty to the students seemed to be very nice and easy to talk to. The interview lasts approx 25 minutes or so and it's super laid back. Just remember to be yourself and everything will go well for you. Just have solid answers to questions like why dentistry or why UNE in your head because at least for me the questions asked started stemming from these main questions. Oh and by the way it's open file

Good luck to you!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
When was your application listed as complete?

sept. 4th i got the email saying everything was complete. But I sent my supplemental and everything in A LOT earlier, think they were just running behind in sending those emails...any reason you ask? maybe I can help?

I had my interview on Oct. 27 and absolutely loved the school; everyone from the faculty to the students seemed to be very nice and easy to talk to. The interview lasts approx 25 minutes or so and it's super laid back. Just remember to be yourself and everything will go well for you. Just have solid answers to questions like why dentistry or why UNE in your head because at least for me the questions asked started stemming from these main questions. Oh and by the way it's open file

Good luck to you!

Awesome! I am sure I am going to love it too! Thanks for the help!

No, I received an interview on Tues. that's on Nov. 1oth
Hey. Congrats. I have an interview on that day as well I was wondering if you want to split transportation?

sept. 4th i got the email saying everything was complete. But I sent my supplemental and everything in A LOT earlier, think they were just running behind in sending those emails...any reason you ask? maybe I can help?
Hey. I was wondering if you want to split transportation or are you a resident? IDk if this is the right place to post this. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Idk how we would do that, I'm taking a cab from my hotel
Hey. Congrats. I have an interview on that day as well I was wondering if you want to split transportation?

Idk how we would do that, I'm taking a cab from my hotel
It's fine. That's what I was planning on doing I was going to rent a car but they don't rent to 20 year olds so I was just wondering if you were going to rent a car. Thanks though. Goodluck see you soon.

It's fine. That's what I was planning on doing I was going to rent a car but they don't rent to 20 year olds so I was just wondering if you were going to rent a car. Thanks though. Goodluck see you soon.

yea, I also wanted to rent but I think they said you have to be 25.
Good luck to you too! Are you interviewing in the morning session or afternoon?

Hey aimz I got a car if you want we can split it.

yea, I also wanted to rent but I think they said you have to be 25.
Good luck to you too! Are you interviewing in the morning session or afternoon?
I got a car if you want

I applied toward the end of October to a handful of schools (I know, super late, especially for UNE). My stats are decent: 3.53 and 19 AA. UNE is probably one of my top choices from the few schools I applied to this cycle. I like Portland, love Maine in general, and have read wonderful things about the school. They're also the only one I've really heard much back from since applying.

Anyway, they requested my supplemental last week, which I promptly filled out then called to make the payment. Aside from the confirmation emails, I haven't heard anything else back. I assume the very latest notice I'd get for the Dec 1 interview session is in the next day or two. And is that basically it for UNE? Or are there typically more post-Dec interviews that just aren't scheduled yet? My AADSAS status says "Received/Application Complete" if that makes any difference.

Edit: also OOS applicant from Arkansas

Last edited: