The Official Univ. of New England Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did anyone's AADSAS status change from invited for interview to anything else for UNE?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I declined an interview for dec 1st, good luck to whoever gets my spot!

Does anyone have any idea what getting that status change means? I had an interview but haven't had the status change..

I know for people who have NOT had interviews, in years past it has meant a rejection, but nobody who has the change really seem to post whether they got in or not..

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm really hoping to get in here :/

Hey guys, when you all interviewed did any of your interviewers asked how many schools did you applied to? Mine did, and its been freaking me out ever since. Love the school but now I'm worried they won't think I'm serious about UNE because of the amount of schools I applied to.

Hey guys, when you all interviewed did any of your interviewers asked how many schools did you applied to? Mine did, and its been freaking me out ever since. Love the school but now I'm worried they won't think I'm serious about UNE because of the amount of schools I applied to.
Mine asked me this too, the very first question. Personally, I think that the interviewers understand how competitive the process and it wouldn't impact your chances negatively!

Reactions: 1 user
Mine asked me this too, the very first question. Personally, I think that the interviewers understand how competitive the process and it wouldn't impact your chances negatively!
I wasn't asked how many I applied to but I was asked point blank whether I would attend une if I got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
This was one of the first questions my two interviewers asked me. I said that I had applied to 10 schools total but, UNE was my top choice. I agree with pumpkin_spice though, they have to understand how competitive this process is. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow! I'm freaking out!

Anybody have any clue as to what time to expect emails? Or should I just frantically check my inbox every two minutes tomorrow?

So... Silence? This has been a pretty anticlimactic Dec 1st thus far..

"Offer Made" on my aadsas mobile status page!

Reactions: 2 users
My status hasn't changed on my AADSAS page, but I got an email saying I'm in!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! I just got the offer letter as well

Reactions: 1 users
So excited! I am from Arizona and I just got accepted to UNE!!!! I was emailed. I interviewed on Nov 10th in the morning.

Woohooo got accepted. From Florida as well, I'm looking to see if anyone has any plans for rooming or finding an apartment? I'm most likely going to attend this university. Its still early in the game hopefully everyone else hears exciting news.

Me three. Anyone know until what time they were giving acceptances last year?

Also: has anyone had a rejection from UNE, or only acceptances and silence?

Last edited:
Looking at last year's thread:
- some received acceptance emails December: 1, 2, 3. and then, January: 13
- Feb. 3 is when people began to be waitlisted
- interviews were done with by Dec. 2nd
- April 21,22 people were reporting being accepted off the waitlist
- an admissions guy (Isaac) said acceptances had 3 waves: Jan, Feb, and March
- "invited for interview" still on AADSAS means they haven't decided on acceptance yet
- I didn't see anything about rejections on AADSAS

UNE's still pretty new so what happened last cycle could mean nothing now! Plus they had some bad weather delaying their admissions process too.
Good luck everyone! Keep us updated on changes!

Last edited:
As a first year dental student at UNE, please do not lose hope. UNE's wait list does move since some of today's acceptances will decline UNE's offer.
Today is the last day of interviews at UNE. Some people interviewing today may receive an acceptance tomorrow. Many people in our class were wait listed. Some acceptances off the wait list were in April. One person was accepted on the first day of orientation! (Someone did not show up to orientation, UNE admissions called him at 10:30 am 8/25/14, he joined us at lunch. Coincidentally he had reapplied to UNE and had a scheduled interview for this cycle. It's a great story!)
We love UNE -- It's a fantastic dental school. Good luck!

As a first year dental student at UNE, please do not lose hope. UNE's wait list does move since some of today's acceptances will decline UNE's offer.
Today is the last day of interviews at UNE. Some people interviewing today may receive an acceptance tomorrow. Many people in our class were wait listed. Some acceptances off the wait list were in April. One person was accepted on the first day of orientation! (Someone did not show up to orientation, UNE admissions called him at 10:30 am 8/25/14, he joined us at lunch. Coincidentally he had reapplied to UNE and had a scheduled interview for this cycle. It's a great story!)
Any idea how many people are on the waiting list?

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I (and I'm sure countless others) would do anything to have the opportunity to attend. Hope you have a wonderful year!

I got accepted to 4 schools and am choosing to go to UNE! Can't wait to start next fall!

Reactions: 3 users
Any idea how many people are on the waiting list?
I do not know how many people will be placed on the waiting list. I do not know how many acceptances were reserved for today's interview session or how many acceptances will be emailed later this week. January will be an active time for wait list movement. I believe the first deposits are due in early January.
If you plan to attend UNE CDM, consider taking an anatomy class with a human cadaver lab. Some of my classmates struggled with the anatomy class and we will have human head and neck dissection spring semester.
Good luck!

Received my acceptance email this morning and mailed my deposit this afternoon! Woo hoo! Can't wait to be a part of this program. I interviewed Nov. 10th in the morning. Anyone else choosing UNE for sure? Would love to connect beforehand.

Received my acceptance email this morning and mailed my deposit this afternoon! Woo hoo! Can't wait to be a part of this program. I interviewed Nov. 10th in the morning. Anyone else choosing UNE for sure? Would love to connect beforehand.
I interviewed at the same time you did and I was also accepted this morning! I remember you (hygienist right?)!! I am so excited about UNE! I am going to take a few days to decide where to go. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Last edited:
Accepted!!!!! I interviewed on 10/27 during the afternoon session. I want to start looking into housing, any tips on where to begin?? I'm from Michigan so not too familiar with Maine..

Accepted!!!!! I interviewed on 10/27 during the afternoon session. I want to start looking into housing, any tips on where to begin?? I'm from Michigan so not too familiar with Maine..

I interviewed the same day but was the morning session; I'm also a Michigan resident but no email yet :(.

Congrats, well deserved!

Maine is a fantastic state to live in. I went to UNE for my undergrad and lived in Biddeford (about 20 mins south of Portland). The school suggests living in Portland to avoid the commute but, honestly it's not bad at all. Portland can be very pricey to live in, but it definitely does have its perks. Personally, I would go a few towns out, specifically south, and take the commute to save on rent. Towns like Saco, Old Orchard Beach, Biddeford or even Scarborough are great and only a short distance from the campus in Portland!

Wow 2 Michiganders :highfive:! Also from Michigan waiting on an acceptance from this school!!!

Does anyone know if une will send out scholarship offers? I know some of the other schools do

Is it bad if we haven't heard yet? I loved this school and keep waiting for a decision.

Me too bud, me too.
Me three...
Anyone who DOES hear from them over the next few days, please let us know! We might be on hold until the next round that's probably next month...

I emailed Amanda today and she said yesterday was only the first batch of acceptance, and noone is waitlisted or rejected yet... We are all still being considered for 2nd round of acceptance. Hope that helps

Reactions: 2 users