**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Stats and offer?
I got 10 grand a year. The acceptance package says 5-10 people are offered 5-10 grand based on academics.
Yes, I can confirm this. I was also offered $10,000 a year for a total of $40,000 for the scholarship.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who is declining your spot, can you post it on this thread for us waitlisters?!? It would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm also curious as to the reasons people are thinking of declining UDM if anyone wants to share the cons

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they send any post December interviews yet ?

Hey, has anyone received an acceptance package in the mail yet?

Am I the only one unable to contact them in any way? They don't respond to emails or phone calls...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is UDM MI-state or Canadian school? on fb group there are only Michigan resident and Canadians (90%). anyone know they accept OOS?

is UDM MI-state or Canadian school? on fb group there are only Michigan resident and Canadians (90%). anyone know they accept OOS?

They are private school and accept good amount of OOS according to ADEA guide. But this year seems like there are far more IS and Canadians than OOS.
Who knows. And I also think that a lot of OOS turn down their offer so don't join the FB group

Did anyone received acceptance package in the mail?
I am from Toronto.

They are private school and accept good amount of OOS according to ADEA guide. But this year seems like there are far more IS and Canadians than OOS.
Who knows. And I also think that a lot of OOS turn down their offer so don't join the FB group

Yea last year's data says they had the same number of people from Canada as they did OOS.

Most Canadians and MI residents will accept their offer right away, considering location. Last I saw, the fb group had like 60 people in it, so long way to go before class is filled.

Curious to know the number on the wait list

Also, I'm from Michigan and I joined the Facebook group, but I'm still on some wait-lists and will drop my spot at UDM if I get in elsewhere. I'm not from around Detroit, so I wanted advice for looking at housing in the area sooner rather than later. I'm also going to pay my deposit to hold my spot, but I'm willing to lose it since I'll save more in lesser tuition costs elsewhere. So there is also a chance that there's more of the Facebook members in this scenario and possibly more spots for you guys!

I believe packages are being mailed tomorrow or day after..not 100% positive
anxiously waiting for it though!!

does anyone know about laptops...like are they part of the tuition fee (if so what kind do we get Macbooks?) Also are loupes part of our tuition fees or do we have to buy our own?

does anyone know about laptops...like are they part of the tuition fee (if so what kind do we get Macbooks?) Also are loupes part of our tuition fees or do we have to buy our own?
I think I heard that there a laptops included in the tuition but I don't know what kind, but I am pretty sure that you would have to buy loupes if you want them

I think I heard that there a laptops included in the tuition but I don't know what kind, but I am pretty sure that you would have to buy loupes if you want them
It's an ibm thinkpad with touchscreen. I think a 14"

I STILL haven't gotten the package in the mail...

has anyone gotten rejected without interview yet? I'm trying to see if i still have a shot at an interview since i haven't heard anything yet

has anyone gotten rejected without interview yet? I'm trying to see if i still have a shot at an interview since i haven't heard anything yet

Ya need to chill girl, stop psyching yourself out on all the school threads, your time will come.

Ya need to chill girl, stop psyching yourself out on all the school threads, your time will come.
i didn't commet on all the school threads just the 5 schools that i haven't heard back from. isn't that the point of this website that people share their info on acceptances/interviews/rejections?

Lol what are you saying she is simply asking a question your the one who needs to chill "man"

Last year they sent out my rejection around mid January when I didn't interview

i didn't commet on all the school threads just the 5 schools that i haven't heard back from. isn't that the point of this website that people share their info on acceptances/interviews/rejections?

I see; I apologize for my previous statement.

Still haven't received my acceptance package yet. We have to return the form by Jan. 1st, right? Has everyone received their acceptance packet?

Still haven't received my acceptance package yet. We have to return the form by Jan. 1st, right? Has everyone received their acceptance packet?
i just recieved mine today. if you dont get it by tomorrow i say call them

I live in Michigan and still haven't gotten my packet! I'm going to call them.

I havent received mine , just called them today and they said I'll get it sometimes this week! I've received the packets from all the other schools minus the one I want to attend!

Just declined Dean's Scholarship of $10,000/year -- hoping one of you lucky students receives it!

I just got an interview this morning. They offered me the date on 1/23 and it s for the alternative list. I am OOS.

Good luck!

Just got an interview invite (Batch 17). I will most likely be declining it. Here's some information on current waitlist status for all of you (part of the email that was sent to me):

"At this time, the Class of 2020 is tentatively full (outstanding offers fill the class). Should someone decline our offer or withdraw from the class, his/her position would be offered to an Alternate. In past years, we've offered acceptances to as few as eight or as many as 75 to the class from the Alternate List between the time the class is filled and the day classes begin!"

Just got an interview invite (Batch 17). I will most likely be declining it. Here's some information on current waitlist status for all of you (part of the email that was sent to me):

"At this time, the Class of 2020 is tentatively full (outstanding offers fill the class). Should someone decline our offer or withdraw from the class, his/her position would be offered to an Alternate. In past years, we've offered acceptances to as few as eight or as many as 75 to the class from the Alternate List between the time the class is filled and the day classes begin!"

I thought they accepted as many as 200-300 last time? I remembered the dean said that last year almost everyone got off the waitlist.

I thought they accepted as many as 200-300 last time? I remembered the dean said that last year almost everyone got off the waitlist.

That's what I heard too but then again we don't know how big the wait list is/was. He did say all but 20 people on the wait list did get offers of acceptances last cycle. But it could be out of wait list of 60 or 200. Who knows.

I wonder how they place all the early vs. late waitlisted. Do the late waitlisted get incorporated into the early waitlisted as part of the same ranking system? 200 seems awfully a lot and extending offers to all but 20 seems very doubtful...