**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Yeah It is a big list. I checked the thread from last year and it seems like lots of them didn't get off waitlist.
Someone posted that waitlister were ranked by stats. But based on last year's thread, most people who got off waitlist were from Canada or instate and there was no pattern in stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I haven't received my package yet. Is there anyone else still waiting?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview today for Jan. 23. So excited!!

I got an interview as well for the 23rd! :)

I'm a little worried though because it is a spot for the alternate list rather than a seat for the class itself

For the questions about laptops, loupes, housing, and out of state acceptances:

Laptops are included in the tuition. The current 1st year class students have the Lenovo Thinkpad X250.

Students get their own loupes. Some decide to try out cheap ebay ones before investing in more expensive customized pairs. Most do not get loupes until around the end of 1st year. I just got mine at the beginning of December.

Students tend to live in Downtown Detroit, Midtown, or a little further in the suburbs (Royal Oak, Hazel Park, etc). I live in Midtown and it's a 5 min drive to school (without the snow). Some Canadians live across the river in Windsor and come over the bridge/through the tunnel every day. In closer to the start of school, UDM holds a housing fair. If you join the UDM Class of 2020 Facebook page, upperclassmen will usually post looking for roommates.

I'm an out of state student and we have a lot of out of state-ers as well as Canadians in my class.

Happy holidays and I hope I answered some of your questions :D

Reactions: 3 users
i sent my deposit on dec 21st (since i didn't get my package until later) and it arrived on the 24th but the university is closed. i just found out that the university is going to be closed till jan 3rd. Is it too late if they recieve the fee by then?? :(

i sent my deposit on dec 21st (since i didn't get my package until later) and it arrived on the 24th but the university is closed. i just found out that the university is going to be closed till jan 3rd. Is it too late if they recieve the fee by then?? :(
send them an email asap; im sure they will be understanding

Yeah I'm having the same question. I have a good feeling though that they will check the postmark date and that it's before january 1st. Can anyone confirm? My package will most likely arrive within the next few days and they probably won't see it till they return to the office on the 3rd. Hope that's ok, and I will be sending an email as well.

So are they going to start making movies off the waitlist now?

Reactions: 1 users
Their office will be reopen tomorrow.

Do we need to send our transcripts directly to the school for an academic update? I hope this will better my chances for acceptance in the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to send our transcripts directly to the school for an academic update? I hope this will better my chances for acceptance in the waitlist.

You do it through AADSAS and AADSAS sends them to your schools after they verify it - it is a lot quicker of verification from when you submitted initially obviously

Has anyone heard anything today?

im guessing some will hear back the end of this week

Where are the calls...

For those who are waitlisted..

I called their office and the calls won't be made until the end of this month.

The lady that I talked to said that they haven't even gone to making a list of people who paid deposits. So give them a little more time!
Hope we will hear from them soon.

The lady that I talked to said that they haven't even gone to making a list of people who paid deposits. So give them a little more time!

Wutttttttttt???????????????????????????????????

:(

aka we are interviewing more candidates...

this wait is very painful.

Does anyone's portal have a date for transcript received for their academic update yet? I sent my updated transcripts back in December and I'm still waiting on them to post a received date.

Does anyone's portal have a date for transcript received for their academic update yet? I sent my updated transcripts back in December and I'm still waiting on them to post a received date.
I'm literally having the same issue. i called aadsas so many times and they can't tell me anything on their end and i had my school send ANOTHER transcript incase the other one got lost and they haven't received either...

so how many interviews dates are being held during january? estimated number of ppl interviewing?

I'm literally having the same issue. i called aadsas so many times and they can't tell me anything on their end and i had my school send ANOTHER transcript incase the other one got lost and they haven't received either...
Thanks for the response! AADSAS also had nothing to tell me, but I didn't think to send another transcript. I figured AADSAS was just being slow. I'll post on here when/if it shows up on my portal!

23rd is the only one I know if in Jan. Possible Feb interview too according to Dr. Jeffers

AADSAS just posted a received date today for my transcript. Showed up today but it says it was received on 1/12/2016. I guess they just waiting for me to ask about it on here and then they would post it lol

did they also interview during december? do you know how many are interviewing jan 23rd? seriously don't understand why they need to interview more ppl when there are so many waitlist ppl.

AADSAS just posted a received date today for my transcript. Showed up today but it says it was received on 1/12/2016. I guess they just waiting for me to ask about it on here and then they would post it lol
wow i kinda wanna call again now... lol what date did your school send it?

did they also interview during december? do you know how many are interviewing jan 23rd? seriously don't understand why they need to interview more ppl when there are so many waitlist ppl.

They did have one on dec 12th I believe and prob the same amount of people for each interview. Yeah it really sucks to have more people on the waitlist esp with the large amount of people already on the waitlist but i guess UDM wants to make sure ALL of their seats are filled bc that's how they make money so they store a big number of students as backup. As a fellow waitlisted, I am just clinging onto the fact that they "supposedly" accept a majority of the people off the waitlist. The forum has been throwing acceptance percentages off the waitlist but idk how true they are.

ppl say they accepted all except 20 ppl from last year but i don't where that number comes from. there are more than 20 ppl who didn't get acceptance if you actually count from the last years thread. seriously they should stop interviewing. they mostly pick instate and canadians anyway. i wonder why they claim to be private institution.

I don't see why they would lie to us though? The people waiting for acceptances would be the most vocal, so maybe it just seems like a lot of people were still waiting...UDM is a very solid school, but very expensive and I could see people steering away because of this. I can see why they would need such a large waitlist.

Last edited:
you sound bit bitter. you didn't have to go a step further to ask if udm is my only option. yea they are great school and i did not say that they lied. just trying to make point what i saw from the last years thread. you are on the waitlist too, so you probably would want to know clear answer too.

you sound bit bitter. you didn't have to go a step further to ask if udm is my only option. yea they are great school and i did not say that they lied. just trying to make point what i saw from the last years thread. you are on the waitlist too, so you probably would want to know clear answer too.

My bad! I was trying to say the waitlist should move fast and I asked that out of curiosity, not spite. And none of it was geared towards you specifically.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I will be dismissing my UDM acceptance to go to Baylor. This was a great school, but a bit too far from my home state of LA. Good luck everyone!

I wish they would give me back my $1500 tho :eyebrow: but oh well...

Hey guys! I will be dismissing my UDM acceptance to go to Baylor. This was a great school, but a bit too far from my home state of LA. Good luck everyone!

I wish they would give me back my $1500 tho :eyebrow: but oh well...

Keep in mind how small that $1500 is compared to the $350,000 tuition for UDM, hope that cheers you up a bit lmfao

Keep in mind how small that $1500 is compared to the $350,000 tuition for UDM, hope that cheers you up a bit lmfao
So true! This may sound so random, but were you the chill guy that gave me and this other kid a ride to the airport? haha :whoa::rofl:

They accept unofficial transcripts via email!
But you want to call them first to let them know you're sending one.

So true! This may sound so random, but were you the chill guy that gave me and this other kid a ride to the airport? haha :whoa::rofl:

Yes! Haha, that is me! We thought we'd never talk again lol

Yes! Haha, that is me! We thought we'd never talk again lol
Hey, this is so crazy!! Hope you are doing good. You will most deff get into UDM you deserve it :highfive: plus you are from around the area! Most deff send me an update when you hear back from UDM :luck:

P.S.
Hope you cleaned your car since the last time I got in there lmao :laugh: jk!

Last edited: