**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

So... around how many people are exactly on the waitlist?

I interview Jan 23rd.

On the email it mentioned the class is already full.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
its not even 23rd yet. where did you hear that?

its not even 23rd yet. where did you hear that?

Sorry that totally came out wrong. Of course they didn't mention it at the interview because it hasn't happened yet. Lol. But on their email it stated:

"At this time, the Class of 2020 is tentatively full (outstanding offers fill the class). Should someone decline our offer or withdraw from the class, his/her position would be offered to an Alternate. In past years, we've offered acceptances to as few as eight or as many as 75 to the class from the Alternate List between the time the class is filled and the day classes begin!""

Members don't see this ad :)
seriously? they are full already???:arghh:
why so many waitlist and more inteeviews?:drowning:

seriously? they are full already???:arghh:
why so many waitlist and more inteeviews?:drowning:

Don't lose hope, keep working hard and never give up. And even if someone doesnt get accepted this cycle, sometimes it's not about how fast you finish the race but the journey itself. But let's hope for the best and get that acceptance!

Last edited:
Hey, this is so crazy!! Hope you are doing good. You will most deff get into UDM you deserve it :highfive: plus you are from around the area! Most deff send me an update when you hear back from UDM :luck:

P.S.
Hope you cleaned your car since the last time I got in there lmao :laugh: jk!

Lmfao yes I did clean it! And I'll definitely keep in touch, thank you!

Sorry that totally came out wrong. Of course they didn't mention it at the interview because it hasn't happened yet. Lol. But on their email it stated:

"At this time, the Class of 2020 is tentatively full (outstanding offers fill the class). Should someone decline our offer or withdraw from the class, his/her position would be offered to an Alternate. In past years, we've offered acceptances to as few as eight or as many as 75 to the class from the Alternate List between the time the class is filled and the day classes begin!""
Yeah, I just got an interview invite email today and that's exactly what was at the bottom of my message. Makes me sad, I think we're interviewing for waitlist seats :(

Yeah, I just got an interview invite email today and that's exactly what was at the bottom of my message. Makes me sad, I think we're interviewing for waitlist seats :(

Congrats on the interview. When is it?

In the middle of scheduling a time right now, but most likely going to have to around Feb 13 onward. This one is really close to home, I'm looking forward to it!

Hey guys
Im waitlisted at UDM and im just wondering if you guys would like to share stats with each other this way we have an idea where we stand on this waitlist.
My stats are 3.6 overall science 3.62 DAT 19-20
Goodluck to everyone

GPA: 3.83, DAT 22, International student, Waitlisted

You guys will get in ! Udm has the biggest waitlist and a high tuition , People will drop as soon as they get into a cheaper school!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys will get in ! Udm has the biggest waitlist and a high tuition , People will drop as soon as they get into a cheaper school!
You mean Biggest acceptance from waitlist? Lol

I feel like UDM is cheaper than majority of private schools. You need to also take into account that for some schools the instruments and tools are like over 40K ...

Does anyone have any idea how many spots have been filled so far?

AADSAS just posted a received date today for my transcript. Showed up today but it says it was received on 1/12/2016. I guess they just waiting for me to ask about it on here and then they would post it lol
hey it finally showed up as received on my portal. did the update ur new GPA yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like UDM is cheaper than majority of private schools. You need to also take into account that for some schools the instruments and tools are like over 40K ...
Really? I compared them to Roseman and the tuition and fees is very similar, same as Midwestern AZ . Although I still chose UDM over those other schools ...

Isn't UDM like 66K for tuiton, while Roseman and AZ like 75+? I could be wrong though.

any news? how many ppl udm interview more since dec 2nd? sigh...

they still do single interviews during the week besides those 2 big interview dates

hey it finally showed up as received on my portal. did the update ur new GPA yet?
Good to hear! Yes, my GPA was updated on 1/19. The message also said that my updated application would be sent to my designated schools within one week of 1/19.

Time to Step up my prayer

any news about the waitlist from those that just interviewed?

Last edited:
went for an interview yesterday and Dr. Jeffers said that the last interview date is Feb 6th. The committee is meeting on Feb 10th and decisions will be made after that date, so should have some movement of the waitlist by then!

Last edited:
with so many waitlist its unnecessary to interview more. to me it seems like they only wanted instate and canadians ONLY from the beginning. should be instate or canadian school instead of private. i wonder IF really only 20 ppl didn't get in last year. hmm...
How many people are on the waitlist? Seem like this list is getting bigger by the day.
Also where does it say that only 20 people didnt get in?

How many people are on the waitlist? Seem like this list is getting bigger by the day.
Also where does it say that only 20 people didnt get in?

I am a California resident who interviewed on Nov 14th (interview invite in September), and I got waitlisted on Dec 3rd. My stats are oGPA 3.55, sGPA 3.89, and a 19/20/20 on the AA/TS/PA.

I heard the 20 people thing too from a current D2 when I interviewed, but honestly I'm not buying it from what I am seeing with everyone in this thread.

I also agree with the comments above in regards to them admitting Canadians before all other OOS applicants. I'm not saying this in a negative way, they are a private school and if others have the stats Mercy can choose as they please...............it is unfortunate for a lot of us though who are waiting to hear back.

went for an interview yesterday and Dr. Jeffers said that the last interview date is Feb 6th. The committee is meeting on Feb 10th and decisions will be made after that date, so should have some movement of the waitlist by then!
any clue how many were interviewing with u by any chance ?

went for an interview yesterday and Dr. Jeffers said that the last interview date is Feb 6th. The committee is meeting on Feb 10th and decisions will be made after that date, so should have some movement of the waitlist by then![/QUOTE

Is that the earliest time you can find out about your descion or is that w
I want to say 25-30 people
How many people are usually on the waitlist ?

400-450 ppl are interviewed before dec 1st. 260 gets acceptance. so 140-190 waitlisted beginning of dec 1st. I'm not sure how many more interviewed, assuming three big interviews and weekday interviews (200-300). so i m guessing +/- 300-400 ppl on waitlist.

400-450 ppl are interviewed before dec 1st. 260 gets acceptance. so 140-190 waitlisted beginning of dec 1st. I'm not sure how many more interviewed, assuming three big interviews and weekday interviews (200-300). so i m guessing +/- 300-400 ppl on waitlist.

Wooow!!! I don't think everyone who interviews gets waitlisted.

I was surprised by how many people were there for interviews on Saturday. At least 100+. And I can't believe they're going to do another round in Feb. That's a lottttt of people!

So guys I just got off the phone with UDM and I guess now they will start calling in mid to late february.
The waiting game continues....

So guys I just got off the phone with UDM and I guess now they will start calling in mid to late february.
The waiting game continues....
That's ridiculous, it seems like they're taking as long as possible to inflate their admission statistics. B.s.
I guess it's a su eat su world
-Su

Hi guys i have a question did any of you get questions about what would you do if you didn't get accepted on their interview and if you are wiling to detake the dat ... that freaked me out :(

Hi guys i have a question did any of you get questions about what would you do if you didn't get accepted on their interview and if you are wiling to detake the dat ... that freaked me out :(

I never but my friend did, don't stress hopefully you killed it. When did you Interview?

Honestly, I had gotten this question several times when I was interviewing. Their main goal for this question is to see how determine you are and if you can improve your application if you don't get in.

Detroit has a really large waitlist, and the chances of getting out of the waitlist is high, since a lot of students withdraws their application or were accepted somewhere else. As Dr. Jeffers said during the interview, that 200 people got off the waitlist out of 220-240? Don't give up yet!

Reactions: 1 users