University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I just received a post-December interview. Does anyone have any advice for the interview process?

Did anyone who interviewed in Nov onwards get an acceptance? And will the acceptances off waitlist go in order of date interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a post-December interview. Does anyone have any advice for the interview process?
you will have 2 interviewers! both of mine were super sweet and easy to talk to - one was mainly asking me the questions and the other was taking note of my responses. definitely super standard interview questions, nothing that took me by surprise. would recommend taking a look at the SDN interview prep page as that's all i did for the interview, best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
you will have 2 interviewers! both of mine were super sweet and easy to talk to - one was mainly asking me the questions and the other was taking note of my responses. definitely super standard interview questions, nothing that took me by surprise. would recommend taking a look at the SDN interview prep page as that's all i did for the interview, best of luck :)
Thank you

Anyone else that is waitlisted get an email today about remaining on the alternate list?

Has anyone received an acceptance off the waitlist yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten accepted besides Dec. 1st people? Also does anyone know when first deposits were due?

has anyone gotten accepted besides Dec. 1st people? Also does anyone know when first deposits were due?

The first acceptance (from waitlist) from last cycle was on Jan 22 (but their decision day was Dec 15, so we should have expected to see movement on the waitlist for our cycle by now :/

Hoping we start hearing back soon now. Ik last year's movement started Jan 22 and went on for a few months

The first acceptance (from waitlist) from last cycle was on Jan 22 (but their decision day was Dec 15, so we should have expected to see movement on the waitlist for our cycle by now :/

Hoping we start hearing back soon now. Ik last year's movement started Jan 22 and went on for a few months
I think it depends on how many seats they have filled in so far. There r few students who said they have taken UDM as their back up plan (till they get confirmation from other school of their choice) it would take them time to hear back too (some universities are behind too). some wait listed candidates have already gotten offers other places too. This week end is interview day so current waitlisted plus prospective WL candidates would hear back after Feb 1 as they will fill up few seats to get back their count to 140+ seats. Also, remember this situation is at all school. who know you may hear from other school too. good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
The best advice is to stay patient. We have to realize that the admission committee are reviewing a lot of applications at this time and are working hard to get through the applications and waitlist.

Anyone who interviewed on Jan.22, have you guys heard back from the school yet?

Has anyone received an acceptance off the waitlist yet?

They’re taking their time with waitlist movement this year I guess, any updates on if people are getting off it? I’ve been on it since decision day.

From what I remember during the wrap-up session, they said everyone who interviewed in Jan will be on the waitlist first before they start calling out for acceptance. This was to make sure everyone gets a fair chance regardless of when they interviewed.

They’re taking their time with waitlist movement this year I guess, any updates on if people are getting off it? I’ve been on it since decision day.
Ik they're making us wait so long this year. It's been 2 months since decision day now 😭

According to past sdn threads, UDM sent out acceptances off of the waitlist on Jan 22 (class of 2025), Feb 19 (class of 2024), Jan 3 (class of 2023), and Feb 22 (class of 2022)...So in the past they have sometimes waited till February to send acceptances, so I have some hope for this month 😅

I got waitlisted but my CAPER test result is not good, how important it is?

I got waitlisted but my CAPER test result is not good, how important it is?
I wouldn't worry about your Casper test. For UDM, anyone who interviews after Dec 1st is interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. This has always been there policy.

I wouldn't worry about your Casper test. For UDM, anyone who interviews after Dec 1st is interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. This has always been there policy.
Thanks for your response.

Still no update on my status but I got another email asking if I'm still interested in being on the waitlist. Second one since january.

Reactions: 4 users
Still no update on my status but I got another email asking if I'm still interested in being on the waitlist. Second one since january.
they must have sent out few acceptances and rest reminded to be on waitlist ..............this happens every month.

I just got accepted off the waitlist! Good luck to everyone still waiting. 🍀🍀

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone remember when the second deposit date was? I think it was either 2/15? Or 2/1?
I’d expect more waitlist movement would happen after the second deposit date…

Anyone remember when the second deposit date was? I think it was either 2/15? Or 2/1?
I’d expect more waitlist movement would happen after the second deposit date…
it was 2/1

Has anyone experienced anymore more movement from the waitlist? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're still working through the list!