**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

On Adea guide it said only about 350 interviewed altogether minus 260 that's about 90 on waitlist then you have about 120 post dec that's alittle over 200 then u subtract the amount of people that declined waitlist, got rejected after interview, I would say about 200 people on waitlist

idk who to believe anymore. The schools says 300 but they also been saying we have real good shot. Ppl here also says there is good shot. but i only see in state and internationals getting.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys we need to stop over thinking this, if its meant to happen it will. Doing Calculations will make you go crazy.
Sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys we need to stop over thinking this, if its meant to happen it will. Doing Calculations will make you go crazy.
Sit back relax and enjoy the ride.
i know. But the school gives too much hope something thats not going to happen. thats the problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
someone just call and ask the questions we have...sigh

I think this thread is making me more stressed than the actual wait itself lol. Let's be positive guys! No one has gotten acceptances yet post dec!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am confident we will all be in the class together and when we are at our white coat ceremony we will look at each other and reveal who we were on sdn and laugh about it lmfao

Reactions: 1 users
I am confident we will all be in the class together and when we are at our white coat ceremony we will look at each other and reveal who we were on sdn and laugh about it lmfao
Seriously I hope that happens!!!

I think this thread is making me more stressed than the actual wait itself lol. Let's be positive guys! No one gotten acceptances yet post dec!
Definitely this. Speculation will drive everyone wild. The waitlist moves fast, and they said everyone who interviews pre-dec has a real good shot. Let's just leave it at that and wait

In the end... we'll end up where we're meant to be.
Accepted on not, it'll all work out in some way or another.

Let's not overthink this and just hope for that phone call. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone's portal still say "received/under review" and not have an interview with them? I read that interviews are over but I just find it odd that I haven't heard a peep from them as to a rejection yet either

Hey man my friend got an interview last year in like may and got accepted a week later. And we don't know how many people are on the waitlist.

Hey man my friend got an interview last year in like may and got accepted a week later. And we don't know how many people are on the waitlist.
no one really knows the number of people on the waitlist. Mostly speculation.

I guess they have enough applicant this year since they are done interviewing compared to last years may interview...

Does anyone know how many calls he will roughly make the first day he starts calling??
I remember Dr. Jeffers said something about it during my interview but I don't remember the estimate he gave.

Does anyone know how many calls he will roughly make the first day he starts calling??
I remember Dr. Jeffers said something about it during my interview but I don't remember the estimate he gave.

what do you mean by first day? post dec?

what did he exactly said during the interview other than number of ppl he will be calling? when?

Hey guys
just got off the phone with UDM and they said they have already started to call people off the waitlist as of last week...

Hey guys
just got off the phone with UDM and they said they have already started to call people off the waitlist as of last week...

yea but I think those were the selected people that get accepted right after the interview rather than being on the waitlist first. They were the needle in a haystack that shined. The next official round of acceptances is early march. (source: admissions)

yea but I think those were the selected people that get accepted right after the interview rather than being on the waitlist first. They were the needle in a haystack that shined. The next official round of acceptances is early march.

you serious??

you serious??
yep. Remember how Dr. Jeffers said they save so and so number of spots just for the late interviewers? That's that I'm pretty sure. 2 weeks left!! Anyone ask admission how many seats are filled at this point?

yep. Remember how Dr. Jeffers said they save so and so number of spots just for the late interviewers? That's that I'm pretty sure. 2 weeks left!! Anyone ask admission how many seats are filled at this point?

how many is he saving? not fair!!!!!!! no point to apply early!

whats the point of being private school when they only take instate and canadians??

whats the point of being private school when they only take instate and canadians??
I don't think they ONLY accept those students. I've seen some CA residents get accepted in earlier pages. Maybe it happens to be that canadians or a few in states had better overall stats this cycle? I doubt they would look at a well rounded student but OOS and say, hmmm this guy is from Ohio so lets reject him. (idk where Ohio came from but came to mind)

anyone call and ask how many seats are filled? I forgot to ask that when I called and now gotta head to work.

Just got added to waiting list. Interviewed on last day, 2/6/16. There were roughly 50 of us there.

how many is he saving? not fair!!!!!!! no point to apply early!

Bottom line: they determined the applicants they called last week fit their criteria better than those they have yet to call. Everyone on the waitlist had their chance to impress so I don't think it was unfair by any means. If anything, those that interviewed early had the advantage of not having to be initially compared to the later interviewees/have to deal with a larger total interviewee pool.

Reactions: 1 users
For the people on the waitlist can you please share your stats ??????

Bottom line: they determined the applicants they called last week fit their criteria better than those they have yet to call. Everyone on the waitlist had their chance to impress so I don't think it was unfair by any means. If anything, those that interviewed early had the advantage of not having to be initially compared to the later interviewees/have to deal with a larger total interviewee pool.
I agree

they give false hope thats the problem. they claim 5 ppl didn't get in and 20 ppl didn't get in 2014 and 2015 respectively. i personally had a great interview and had to spend couple hundred dollars. I'm not saying they should accept everyone but they should be doing some detail screening application before sending out massive interview ppl they are not even going to accept. waste of time and money. you don't need to specifically attack me and assume i didn't impress them. everyones situation is bit different.

they give false hope thats the problem. they claim 5 ppl didn't get in and 20 ppl didn't get in 2014 and 2015 respectively. i personally had a great interview and had to spend couple hundred dollars. I'm not saying they should accept everyone but they should be doing some detail screening application before sending out massive interview ppl they are not even going to accept. waste of time and money. you don't need to specifically attack me and assume i didn't impress them. everyones situation is bit different.

False hope? You're not entitled to an acceptance at the school because you interviewed.

I think they were just being objective and not attacking you specifically. You stated it wasn't fair, so they're expressing their opinions on the matter: why do some people get accepted right after the interview before going through the waitlist? I don't see anything that's personal...

Anyone here who interviewed post dec get accepted yet?

I am on the waitlist as well. Many people spent hundreds to interview there including myself. It takes a lot of twisting my words to construe what I posted into a personal attack.

I am on the waitlist as well. Many people spent hundreds to interview there including myself. It takes a lot of twisting my words to construe what I posted into a personal attack.
well i apologize. you and i am in same boat. didn't mean to say personal attack. but seriously they don't make any communication to ppl on waitlist.