**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I don't know if there was an afternoon session. I don't think there was because a lot of the faculty left after the morning interviews. But I would say there was like 40 people there for the morning interviews.

Well that sucks

Members don't see this ad.

400-450 ppl are interviewed before dec 1st. 260 gets acceptance. so 140-190 waitlisted beginning of dec 1st. Three big interviews plus week day interviews were held since then. 140-190 waitlist plus 200-250 more interviewed. so there should be approximately 200-300 waitlist. Since not all ppl choose to stay as waitlist, guessing 250 waitlisters??? also they said the class is full so...max only 10 ppl getting in?

Last edited:
When they say the class is full they mean they sent out all acceptances. More than half of those people decline their acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also people have got rejected after their interview. I know of a couple people. They don't put everyone who interviews on the waitlist.

Also people have got rejected after their interview. I know of a couple people. They don't put everyone who interviews on the waitlist.
okay...is it safe to assume maybe ~200 waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
From an inside source, I have heard movement can start as early as Thursday.

Not sure how true this info is though

Reactions: 1 users
There are a few people who have recently been accepted to Michigan, and would assume they will be withdrawing their acceptance..

I hope thats the number, really want this waitlist to start moving.
painful waiting this long

200 is still huge number. on Facebook there are about 90 new students. probably 50 left.... but who knows some ppl don't use fb and don't join the group until the end.
From an inside source, I have heard movement can start as early as Thursday.

Not sure how true this info is though
who is that inside source?

200 is still huge number. on Facebook there are about 90 new students. probably 50 left.... but who knows some ppl don't use fb and don't join the group until the end.

A friend who is currently attending UDM asked the admissions office

Facebook is not an accurate count of the actual class size there are many 1st 2nd and 3rd year students on the there also..

75 percent of the people in that group are either on this waitlist or already in udm dental.

Members don't see this ad :)
75 percent of the people in that group are either on this waitlist or already in udm dental.

yeah thats my hope too! :thumbup: not doubting you but how do you know?:bored:
is udm officially done with interview??

How many people do you think are on the waitlist and how many do you think will get off ?

as i mentioned above i think 200-300 is plausible. last year only 20 ppl didn't get in but i doubt that. also they only seem to take michigan resident and canadians.

as i mentioned above i think 200-300 is plausible. last year only 20 ppl didn't get in but i doubt that. also they only seem to take michigan resident and canadians.
I hope that is the case this year

yeah thats my hope too! :thumbup: not doubting you but how do you know?:bored:
is udm officially done with interview??
Because if you click their profile it shows udm dental. And some people I know on the waitlist are apart of it as well

It actually is very plausible. Let's say 75 of those students on the waitlist don't have udm as their first choice. Then you look at the students accepted. Almost all the students accepted in state most likely got into u of m as well. Considering how cheap u of m is they most likely will chose that school. Also, most of the other students accepted out of state will most likely choose their in state school/ first choice. Then you have most students who are skeptical about going to school in Detroit and considering the price of udm which is very high, a lot of students should decline their acceptance. Even if they do accept it, most will defer it if accepted into another school they are on the waitlist for as well.

It actually is very plausible. Let's say 75 of those students on the waitlist don't have udm as their first choice. Then you look at the students accepted. Almost all the students accepted in state most likely got into u of m as well. Considering how cheap u of m is they most likely will chose that school. Also, most of the other students accepted out of state will most likely choose their in state school/ first choice. Then you have most students who are skeptical about going to school in Detroit and considering the price of udm which is very high, a lot of students should decline their acceptance. Even if they do accept it, most will defer it if accepted into another school they are on the waitlist for as well.

what is that "75"?

also don't they have seat reserved for 7 yr dental program?

How many people do you think are on the waitlist and how many do you think will get off ?
I think that about 200 are on it. I think that 40% of the students on it are going to end up choosing a different school, leaving about 110 waitlisters, then I believe about 90 will be chosen after a variety of students even after putting their deposit down defer bc then got into a cheaper school in a better area that they were waitlisted in

Because if you click their profile it shows udm dental. And some people I know on the waitlist are apart of it as well
Why would people on the wait list join the Facebook? Isn't the point of the Facebook group to communicate things to the incoming class?

I really hope they send acceptances this Thursday I would go nuts

Dr. Parent said the wait list is about 300 people long.

300 is indeed a lot. 2 cycles worth of potential students. I wonder how many they're going to get through. The fact that Dr. Jeffers said all but 20 made it off the wait list seems too good to be true

dat speculation

Last edited:
So I think I know why they are waiting.. There is two deposits, the second one is due on March 1st

If they are meeting today, I'm sure people will find out soon..

When I called last week I was told at the end of this month. Trust me I want it to be earlier!

geez 300 waitlist seems too much. last years 20 seems doubtful this year...
Pre December there is about 80 plus 120 for the two interview sessions that's how many are on the waitlist minus the people who declined their waitlist spot and minus the ones who got interviewed and rejected I'm guessing alittle over 200

Pre December there is about 80 plus 120 for the two interview sessions that's how many are on the waitlist minus the people who declined their waitlist spot and minus the ones who got interviewed and rejected I'm guessing alittle over 200

Dr. Parent said 300...

In april-may the Canadian dental schools send their acceptances opening like 40 spots I heard

In april-may the Canadian dental schools send their acceptances opening like 40 spots I heard

Doubtful. Okay so doing some calculation...

~400-500 ppl interview pre dec. 260 acceptance. 140-240 waitlist.
~250 ppl interview post dec for waitlist post. 300-400 waitlist.

if out of 144 half of ppl accepted that leaves 77 spots. plus your 40 canadians out means 34 spots filled. 110 spots opening is not possible in may...i guess. hope everything you said is true though sigh...

Doubtful. Okay so doing some calculation...

~400-500 ppl interview pre dec. 260 acceptance. 140-240 waitlist.
~250 ppl interview post dec for waitlist post. 300-400 waitlist.

if out of 144 half of ppl accepted that leaves 77 spots. plus your 40 canadians out means 34 spots filled. 110 spots opening is not possible in may...i guess. hope everything you said is true though sigh...
how do you know that is the amount of people that interviews pre-december?

4 saturday interviews + weekday. thats my estimation. idk if less or more.

do you know exactly how many they interviews pre-dec and post dec?

On Adea guide it said only about 350 interviewed altogether minus 260 that's about 90 on waitlist then you have about 120 post dec that's alittle over 200 then u subtract the amount of people that declined waitlist, got rejected after interview, I would say about 200 people on waitlist