***The Official UNLV Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I withdrew from my spot. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Niceeeee!

Just off the phone with UNLV. I remember u said there's gonna be a meeting again in early june, apparently there's gonna be another one in two weeks, may 15th. She sounded like she wan't sure, she was like may 14th or 15th!!!...but there will be a last meeting also on june 11th. Fingers crossed hoping for the best:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just off the phone with UNLV. I remember u said there's gonna be a meeting again in early june, apparently there's gonna be another one in two weeks, may 15th. She sounded like she wan't sure, she was like may 14th or 15th!!!...but there will be a last meeting also on june 11th. Fingers crossed hoping for the best:cool:
Yeah they said they delayed it til June because of graduation, but it sounds like they moved it back up to May! Hopefully its a full fledged meeting and the waitlisted ppl dont still have to wait until June

Wanted to bring some positivity to the hopefuls. Accepted in December, but withdrew from my spot yesterday. Good luck to all that are still waiting! :)

I called today, the lady on the other end said that she was just stepping in today as everyone else is out of the admissions office today. So she didn't really know anything except that the admissions people told her to tell anyone who called that they would know more if they called back after the 22nd of May. This makes me think that the admissions committee meeting has been again changed, this time from this Wednesday the 15th to next Wednesday the 22nd. Anyone else know anything different?

Has anyone heard anything from UNLV lately? I heard there was supposed to be a meeting sometime soon...

i just called admissions. She said that they are meeting as of right now. I dont know when we are going to hear back from them but hopefully today. Good luck to everyone!!! :)

Hi everyone, congrats to those who are accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting I will be attending UNLV this fall and would like to rent out 2 spare rooms in my house. It's a good-sized house (very cute and clean!) about 18 minutes from our dental school in a safe neighborhood with brand new paints, carpets and furniture. Only 3 minutes from shopping centers (McDonald's, Smith's, gym, etc) The rent would be $400 (water, high-speed wireless internet, gas, sewer and security system included) plus electricity. The house is also secured with alarm system. You will have your own room (bed & desk provided) and share the bathroom with another roommate. Common areas include kitchen, living room, study room, laundry room and patio. All appliances are free for use. Message me if you're interested. I have uploaded pictures of my house to my facebook and the album is visible to the public (no need to add me first). Feel free to contact me through FB message as well. Thank you!
Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1825.571740286

Last edited:
Received a phone call from Dr. Ancajas and I am ACCEPTED! Good luck to those who are still waiting and looking forward to meeting my new classmates :).

GOOD Luck!! I feel sorry for you all! It brought back terrible memories of HELL (ie applying, interviewing and getting through) I wouldnt do it again for 400,000 cash! I am glad I did! have fun and if you want to get rich go into something else. If you love working with people and just dont say it, because all the dentist you know make a lot of money, go into something else!!!! thanks

Graduating class 2012
rank 36/85
GPA Dental school: 3.6
DAT 17 HAHAHA tells you how much that matters!!
Being able to call the shots: PRICELESS!!
Making people smile: Priceless!!
Being bitched at by professors: ****TY
Being in class 8 hours: ****ty
Good luck!!

GOOD Luck!! I feel sorry for you all! It brought back terrible memories of HELL (ie applying, interviewing and getting through) I wouldnt do it again for 400,000 cash! I am glad I did! have fun and if you want to get rich go into something else. If you love working with people and just dont say it, because all the dentist you know make a lot of money, go into something else!!!! thanks

Graduating class 2012
rank 36/85
GPA Dental school: 3.6
DAT 17 HAHAHA tells you how much that matters!!
Being able to call the shots: PRICELESS!!
Making people smile: Priceless!!
Being bitched at by professors: ****TY
Being in class 8 hours: ****ty
Good luck!!

T DAT, you're scaring the future dental students! :laugh:

I actually had the pleasure of contacting T DAT almost two months ago about his/her experience at UNLV and would like to give some reassurance to those reading this thread.

This was what I got from T DAT's perspective on UNLV. One of the things that I wanted to really know was if T DAT could do it all over again, would he/she have chosen to go to UNLV?

In summary, T DAT said something along the lines of..."I would go to UNLV again, I got lots of clinical experience (you can see T DAT's previous posts to see the list of procedures he/she did in dental school). Compared to residents from other schools, I feel very confident in my residency that I got a very good education at UNLV. Dental school is tough, but keep your head down and don't get caught up in the complaining around you. Let your passion in dentistry drive you, and spend as little as possible because it is a very expensive investment."

When I was debating between UNLV and another school, I also contacted a D2 going into D3, and the opinions are similar :)

Dental school at UNLV won't be easy, but I have faith it will prepare us well. :thumbup:

I have been accepted to a school higher on my list, so this is not a bitter "didn't get accepted rant" about UNLV, but I thought I would share some curious things about UNLV admissions in the last few months. At the beginning of April I was placed on the waitlist. Called them and was told I was in the top 10 and that I was in "a really good position" according to the admissions office. Was told to wait until the June 11th meeting to hear back, but not to worry. Called back a few times in that timespan and was told that an abnormally high amount of people had been dropping out, and was again told that I was in a "very good position on the waitlist" compared to the number of drops, and to just be patient until June 11th to hear back. So I call back on June 13th, and they tell me that I have not been accepted, am still on the waitlist, and that the waitlist is not even ranked numerically at this point! How can it be ranked before with a "top 10" and now be totally unranked, I cannot understand.

Considering that I was in the top 10 many months ago, and an abnormally high number of people have dropped since then, and now the list is unranked without the previously high ranked waitlisters being accepted yet is strange isn't it? It sounds to me that either they are not completely honest with students who call, are not completely honest about how the admissions process works, or the admissions office is much much more disorganized that we had all thought. This now "unranked" waitlist is especially curious given the fact that UNLV was the only school that I interviewed at that willingly gave out their admissions formula, meaning that they clearly have a calculated "value" for each interviewee.. Just another discontinuity within the UNLV admissions process.

Again this is just to let you all know my experiences with the admissions office, especially those of you still on the waitlist and hoping for an acceptance (or future applicants reading this), as I will be attending a different school regardless of a possible UNLV acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

I have been accepted to a school higher on my list, so this is not a bitter "didn't get accepted rant" about UNLV, but I thought I would share some curious things about UNLV admissions in the last few months. At the beginning of April I was placed on the waitlist. Called them and was told I was in the top 10 and that I was in "a really good position" according to the admissions office. Was told to wait until the June 11th meeting to hear back, but not to worry. Called back a few times in that timespan and was told that an abnormally high amount of people had been dropping out, and was again told that I was in a "very good position on the waitlist" compared to the number of drops, and to just be patient until June 11th to hear back. So I call back on June 13th, and they tell me that I have not been accepted, am still on the waitlist, and that the waitlist is not even ranked numerically at this point! How can it be ranked before with a "top 10" and now be totally unranked, I cannot understand.

Considering that I was in the top 10 many months ago, and an abnormally high number of people have dropped since then, and now the list is unranked without the previously high ranked waitlisters being accepted yet is strange isn't it? It sounds to me that either they are not completely honest with students who call, are not completely honest about how the admissions process works, or the admissions office is much much more disorganized that we had all thought. This now "unranked" waitlist is especially curious given the fact that UNLV was the only school that I interviewed at that willingly gave out their admissions formula, meaning that they clearly have a calculated "value" for each interviewee.. Just another discontinuity within the UNLV admissions process.

Again this is just to let you all know my experiences with the admissions office, especially those of you still on the waitlist and hoping for an acceptance (or future applicants reading this), as I will be attending a different school regardless of a possible UNLV acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

That's unfortunate. Hopefully you made the right choice. UNLV admissions may not be as organized as some other schools but one thing that I am certain about UNLV school of dental medicine is that this school produces excellent clinicians. Students will treat patients who have TB, HIV, hepatitis C ( sometimes all at the same time) with complex dental cases; In my opinion, this is the most important aspect of a dental school..." preparing you to become an excellent clinician in future"