***The Official UPenn Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got the application complete email Oct. 6 but haven't heart anything since. Any thoughts?

GPA
science: 3.7
non-science: 3.8

DAT
QR: 18
PAT: 21
RC: 23
BIO: 22
OC: 21
GC: 20
TS: 21
AA: 21

550 hours of shadowing in a general dental office
60 shadowing ortho

~300 service hours

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the rejection letter today. AADSAS still says "received/under review"

Does anyone know what day next week we find out if we got accepted into UPenn? I remember my interviewer saying Dec. 2nd but someone said the 1st.

Anyone hear anything yet??? I can't wait any longer ahhhh!!!

I saw someone get the call in person just now. Corky calls you apparently.

Yeah, she calls you and it takes her more than a day to get through to everyone

Just got a call from Corky! Accepted! :)

Reactions: 1 user
congratulations!!! Did she say what order she is calling in?? Alphabetical or by location? And if location, would you mind telling me where you are from please:)!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! what does your last name begin with? anyone know if there's any order they call in
M and I'm from NY.. she didn't mention anything about an order

She makes phone calls with priority to east coast and then moves her way to west coast because of the time changes. Hope that helps! By the time she's making calls at 10pm to the west coast, its only 5-7pm depending on if you're in HI, AK, or west coast.

Got an acceptance call at 2:13 pm central!

Anyone get scholarships?

Just got the call! East coast 4:08!
Hmm awesome! so there is still hope!! may I ask what state?

congratulations btw!

oh and just wondering for the future... if I do not get a call, where do I go from there? Would it be wrong/weird to call later tonight or tomorrow and ask what my status is and what I can do going forward to get an acceptance?

Hmm awesome! so there is still hope!! may I ask what state?

congratulations btw!

oh and just wondering for the future... if I do not get a call, where do I go from there? Would it be wrong/weird to call later tonight or tomorrow and ask what my status is and what I can do going forward to get an acceptance?

Thank you! and florida

I posted this on the main thread, but she called me at 11:30 and I missed it! Though I'm obviously hoping for an acceptance, I'm wondering if she calls for wait listing? It seems unlikely, but I don't want to rejoice and be merry only to later find out I'm not in…

I posted this on the main thread, but she called me at 11:30 and I missed it! Though I'm obviously hoping for an acceptance, I'm wondering if she calls for wait listing? It seems unlikely, but I don't want to rejoice and be merry only to later find out I'm not in…

They anticipate that they won't contact everyone. Corky will be calling tomorrow as well. You also have some snail mail coming your way, so if you're not able to connect through the phone, you'll find out in a day or two. You could also try calling the office yourself if you're brave enough to face rejection via phone (although I believe in you!)

(P.S. I got an acceptance call between my reply to your first post and now!)

Just got the call a few minutes ago! Corky just said that she is making her way west and she is up to AZ now!! Whoooooo! I am sooooo happy to be part of the Class of 2019!!!!

They anticipate that they won't contact everyone. Corky will be calling tomorrow as well. You also have some snail mail coming your way, so if you're not able to connect through the phone, you'll find out in a day or two. You could also try calling the office yourself if you're brave enough to face rejection via phone (although I believe in you!)

(P.S. I got an acceptance call between my reply to your first post and now!)

Thanks for the reassurance. I definitely need to chill out and just be patient. Congrats on your acceptance!!

haha congrats to you as well!!! Im happy for all you guys and hope I can be as fortunate in the next few weeks or so.

Im a PA resident and go to school in PA as well, so I was really hoping for a penn acceptance. Coincidentally, I got accepted to nyu and Columbia today, but both are secondary to penn.

Did anyone receive scholarship info on the phone today? Or does that come in the mail?

Congrats on your acceptances! And if you haven't been called yet, hang in there!
Here's the class facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1565700690327932/

congrats everyone on their acceptances! the class of 2019 Facebook page has current dental students (D1,D2,D3 & D4) waiting to answer your questions. it doesn't have to be penn related so don't hesitate to ask any questions and we'll try our best to answer them. (general questions about Penn, choosing between schools, dental school etc)

gonna go back to study now.. i remember the good days! congrats again! :D

I had class from 9-12.30 and lab from 1:30 - 3:30 in a building with NO SERVICE. I am so scared that Corky tried to call me multiple times without any luck. Does anyone know if she will call tomorrow? (I have class 9:30-12:15 tomorrow as well)

Last name C, from NY - so I would assume I would be called a little earlier?

I had class from 9-12.30 and lab from 1:30 - 3:30 in a building with NO SERVICE. I am so scared that Corky tried to call me multiple times without any luck. Does anyone know if she will call tomorrow? (I have class 9:30-12:15 tomorrow as well)

Last name C, from NY - so I would assume I would be called a little earlier?

If you missed a call, she will try again tomorrow, AND snail mail is on its way. You're not going to be rejected just because you didn't pick up!

Got my acceptance west coast 7:30pm EST so 4:30pm my time! good luck to everyone and their futures in the field of dentistry! :)

got the acceptance packet via UPS just now. Nothing regarding scholarships. Has anyone gotten any scholarships? Or know when they hand them out?

Just cancelled my interview for this coming thursday. I'm not sure how much impact this makes since it was so last minute but I hope that will become good news for others somehow! good luck everyone!!

Got a call of acceptance on Dec 1 at 11am and received the packet the following day. I'm so happy! I'm for sure going!

I didnt receive any calls Mon or Tue because I was in class and ther is no service in the school classrooms. I got the snail mail today. Yayyyyyyy - no scholarships yet (but there was a mention of a $15k/year for financial hardships)

got the acceptance packet via UPS just now. Nothing regarding scholarships. Has anyone gotten any scholarships? Or know when they hand them out?

yes Corky offered me the merit scholarship over the phone so I don't think it would be included in the packet. Either way I'll probably forfeit my scholarship if I get accepted into HPSP so more scholarships for other people!

Notified of interview on 12/4 4:00 pm CST

Reactions: 2 users
Notified of interview on 12/4 4:00 pm CST

When did you receive the application complete email from penn? does your aadsas status says "Received/Under Review"? I'm still wating to hear back from penn!!!! congrats!!!

My aadsas status for UPenn just updated from application complete to under review. I submitted my application around mid September and haven't heard/seen anything until now. Anyone know if it still takes a while to hear anything after the status change?

My aadsas status for UPenn just updated from application complete to under review. I submitted my application around mid September and haven't heard/seen anything until now. Anyone know if it still takes a while to hear anything after the status change?

Mine changed to under review about a month ago, and still haven't heard anything back from penn....

Sent from my Parallels Virtual Platform using Tapatalk

When did you receive the application complete email from penn? does your aadsas status says "Received/Under Review"? I'm still wating to hear back from penn!!!! congrats!!!
Mine still says under review on Portal

I still hear nothing from UPenn...should I just relax for now and check back after new year? LOL

Mine still says Received/Application Complete after being accepted.