***The Official UPenn Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Mine still says Received/Application Complete after being accepted.
Same, and even when I was invited for an interview, it never changed to invited for interview either, so I'm not sure how up to date they keep the AADSAS portal

Members don't see this ad.

Don't give up hope guys, a lot of people actually turn down Penn because of the price, so after the first round of acceptances, there will be more coming after the 30-day decision date.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up hope guys, a lot of people actually turn down Penn because of the price, so after the first round of acceptances, there will be more coming after the 30-day decision date.
Will they still be inviting people for interviews?

Yep :( I may do this. It's nice to have been accepted, but it's also nice to take out $133k less in loans. . .

Just got a voicemail from corky, good or bad news???

Thankfully, it was good news. I got accepted!

For those still waiting to hear, she said the admissions office does evaluations at the end of every week, so Fridays... Good luck going forward everyone!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thankfully, it was good news. I got accepted!

For those still waiting to hear, she said the admissions office does evaluations at the end of every week, so Fridays... Good luck going forward everyone!!!
Would you mind sharing your interview dates?

Interviewed 11/13. BTW, corky said it is beneficial for you to express interest in penn if you want to go there. I called her last Friday and asked what the deal was with me being on the waitlist or denied or whatever because I really want to go there. She said she would look into it. She called me today and said I would have been accepted on dec 1, however the admissions office didn't think I seemed very interested in the school.

So moral of the story, dental schools don't waste their time with the kids who they don't think want to attend their school. If you're a competitive applicant, let them know you want to go there ...

Interviewed 11/13. BTW, corky said it is beneficial for you to express interest in penn if you want to go there. I called her last Friday and asked what the deal was with me being on the waitlist or denied or whatever because I really want to go there. She said she would look into it. She called me today and said I would have been accepted on dec 1, however the admissions office didn't think I seemed very interested in the school.

So moral of the story, dental schools don't waste their time with the kids who they don't think want to attend their school. If you're a competitive applicant, let them know you want to go there ...
Thanks! It's nice to know!

Invite this morning! January dates!

Hey everyone!
I got the magical acceptance call from Corky yesterday afternoon!
It's my first choice, so I'll be sending my deposit as soon as my acceptance package arrives in the mail. Yay!
To everyone else who is still waiting, be patient for your dream will come true sooner than you think!

Members don't see this ad :)
I still hear nothing from UPenn...should I just relax for now and check back after new year? LOL
I'm wondering the same thing - did you interview already? I have not and I am wondering if I should reach out?

Hey everyone!
I got the magical acceptance call from Corky yesterday afternoon!
It's my first choice, so I'll be sending my deposit as soon as my acceptance package arrives in the mail. Yay!
To everyone else who is still waiting, be patient for your dream will come true sooner than you think!
Congrats!

I have the same issue...I interviewed at the first week of December, but haven'y heard anything yet....They said that we are supposed to hear back this week...Is there anyone who interviewed around the same time got updated form penn?

I have the same issue...I interviewed at the first week of December, but haven'y heard anything yet....They said that we are supposed to hear back this week...Is there anyone who interviewed around the same time got updated form penn?

I also interviewed the first week of December. I got the phone call from Corky on Monday and just got the acceptance packet in the mail today.

I also interviewed the first week of December. I got the phone call from Corky on Monday and just got the acceptance packet in the mail today.
Thank you for sharing the good news! I think I can only be patient.....

I just got accepted today! 12/22 my interview date was 12/15. I'm from NY. No word about a scholarship. Also when I interviewed Corky said they haven't given out invites for all the spots yet. thats good news! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Hey guys I am really excited that I got an interview at UPenn! :) However, in the packet information I did not read anything about where to park. I am sure you guys have spoken about this but I am not familiar with the area, so do you guys know any parking garages nearby?
Also congrats to all of you have been accepted, I hope I receive fortunate news too :)

Hey guys I am really excited that I got an interview at UPenn! :) However, in the packet information I did not read anything about where to park. I am sure you guys have spoken about this but I am not familiar with the area, so do you guys know any parking garages nearby?
Also congrats to all of you have been accepted, I hope I receive fortunate news too :)
Congrats on getting an interview! I am from Philadelphia but have not received an interview yet but there is plenty of parking near the school there's a parking garage right on the corner less than a block away it's a safe area to walk as well. Best of luck to you on the interview!

Has anyone actually received any scholarships? It would be interesting to know what amounts were given out.

Congrats on getting an interview! I am from Philadelphia but have not received an interview yet but there is plenty of parking near the school there's a parking garage right on the corner less than a block away it's a safe area to walk as well. Best of luck to you on the interview!
Thanks for your reply and good luck to you, I'm sure you will hear back soon :)

Anyone with January interview get accepted yet?

My status changed on the portal to under review from app complete- hoping I hear good news and I get an interview

Just got an in interview today!! Can anyone share what their interview experience was like? Thanks!

Just got an in interview today!! Can anyone share what their interview experience was like? Thanks!
amazing! they make you feel like home and everyone is so friendly! the interviews were very laid back and conversational. They just want to get to know you, so be yourself and have a good time!

Any idea how long it takes from the acceptance phone call to getting the acceptance packet in the mail?

Just got the acceptance call! Canadian applicant here :)

Interviewed on jan 15th

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just a quick question for those of you who have interviewed:

The Directof of Admissions said she would call usually within 2 weeks after an interview, but does anyone know if that is just for acceptances? Any input into how you are notified of other decisions, like the waitlist? I have read last year's thread, but I wanted to see how people are being notified this cycle.

I am trying to gauge my chances if I have not been called within the two weeks after my interview. I know she said it could be longer, but this wait is killing me!!

Best of luck to others who are interviewing soon!

Im really not sure. I interviewed on 1/9 and found out 1/20. They apparently meet every Friday to discuss applicants so idk if thats a good sign honestly that you havent heard back yet :/

Hi everyone...for 2x2 photo you bring to the interview do most people use a passport photo or something else?

Hi everyone...for 2x2 photo you bring to the interview do most people use a passport photo or something else?
yah passport photo is fine, I litz just took a fancy selfie on photo booth in front of a white wall and cropped it to a 2x2, your call though

I just cropped an old fb pic and printed it from my hotel room. Guesstimated the size. Dont over think it.

I interviewed last week and Corky said they would be notifying people through March so don't worry yet.

Interview on the 19th - any advice?
Not much advice to give. Be yourself and know yourself! This was one of the most easy going interviews that I've had. They make you feel very welcomed and hospitality was great!

My status changed to "received/under review" on Feb 3rd. I guess snail mail rejection since it's been almost two weeks......

My status changed to "received/under review" on Feb 3rd. I guess snail mail rejection since it's been almost two weeks......

Why do you think it's a rejection? Does UPenn typically reach out within a shorter timespan when the application is "received/under review"?