The Resistance "WW" Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
43771829.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Official Vote Tally

Approve 2 (CJ, WZ)
Reject 14 (Rojo, Escalla, STL, dyachei, 98cats, Lissa, FFM, devyn, Cyndia, MJ, allie, hedgie, saya, WS)

16/16 votes cast

The group of rebels decided that CJ's group was too risky, and elected to let devyn pick the team instead. While they were letting her think (or sleep), they drew another name from the bowl to see who would choose for the 5th mission, if they needed it. The slip was pulled and the name read off: WildZoo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Rojo
Escalla
Devyn
Cyndia
Wolfspeaker
Hedgiehog
Lissa

Hoping this is the right team & someone did not feck with us here.

Everyone already knows my thoughts on this but *******reject********. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised....

Official Vote Tally

Approve 15 (devyn, Rojo, WZ, Escalla, Lissa, Cyndia, MJ, dyachei, hedgie, FFM, allie, 98 cats, saya, CJ, WS)
Reject 1 (STL)

16/16 votes cast

The resistance likes this group just a little bit more than the last one, and it is overwhelmingly approved.

@thedrjojo @Escalla @devyn @Cyndia @wolfspeaker @hedgiehog and @Lissarae06 began making their preparations for the mission.

I've already gotten some PMs, but I still need a few more!

“I’ve always wanted to be part of a train heist,” WS whispered, “Though I never expected to actually steal a train!” Escalla was charged with actually putting the train in motion, its dozens of cars filled with supplies that the resistance would put to good use. WS and Hedgie were with her to guard her back. The other four were tasked with entering the train at various points to hold off any attempts to reclaim it. They saw one guard near the engine car. Hedgie aimed her pistol at the guard’s chest. THWAP THWAP. The suppressor wasn’t the best, but it did well enough, and no distant guards were any the wiser.

Escalla started fiddling with knobs and flipping switches. Suddenly the train started emitting loud puffs of smoke. “Can’t you go any faster?” Hedgie hissed. Escalla shot back rather crossly, “Do you even know how trains work? It takes a minute.” The train started lurching forward. One inch. Then two. A yell cracked through the quiet, “Hey! What’s going on over there?!” As the train began picking up a bit more speed, alarms started blaring all around the train yard. Spotlights began swiveling over toward the track where the commandeered train was starting to rumble. “So much for secrecy,” WS lamented, as she pointed her rifle out the window. “Hopefully the others are all on board by now.”

Rojo and Cyndia were already on board in, but Devyn and Lissa, however, had gotten holed up by a gossipy group of guards. The two heard the train beginning to move a good distance away, and knew they didn’t have much time. Once the sirens went off, the guards began headed towards the commotion. Devyn and Lissa nodded to each other and shouldered their machine guns. No point in suppressed fire now. They each fired off a few bursts into the backs of the sprinting guards, who went tumbling to the gravel ground. They begin sprinting themselves, knowing that if they didn’t make it onto the train, they were dead. A guard started crying out, “Some of them are over here! They’re over—“ Devyn didn’t even look to see where she had fired, but knew she had hit her mark when she heard a scream of agony.

The train was picking up speed. Rojo and Cyndia were each picking off guards as they popped up. Suddenly Cyndia spotted Lissa and Devyn running towards them from a distance. “Oh, ****,” she muttered, “Rojo, look!” Rojo turned his gaze that way and saw their two squadmates, desperately trying to get on. “Cover ‘em!” he shouted back. Shots were ricocheting all around the two as they ran. Lissa let out a cry as a round tore through her side, the pain subdued by the adrenaline. “Almost there,” she yelled, more to herself than Devyn. A guard lined up a perfect shot at Devyn’s back…CRACK. The guard’s face exploded through the back of his skull before he could squeeze the trigger. Rojo was pleased with his shot.

Lissa made it to the caboose platform first and threw herself on. She turned back and put out her arm. Devyn was at a dead sprint now, she and the train at an even pace. Her arms pumped as her gun bounced against her back with each stride. Finally she jumped and she grabbed a firm hold of Lissa’s arm. The two stumbled inside the car and slammed the door.

Hedgie leaned out the window of the engine, disappointed, but not surprised that she saw several jeeps coming after them. “WS, see if you can take them out, we’ve just gotta make it to the bridge,” she said. WS looked out herself. “They’re too far back right now, I can’t get a steady enough shot. I’ll move to the top of one of the cars, but hopefully the rest of the team can deal with them first.” She began moving towards the next car. Meanwhile, the other four were under a heavy barrage of bullets in their respective cars. Cyndia peeked over the window ledge and let fly a flurry of rounds at the nearest jeep. The front right tire blew out, the driver overcorrected and began flipping over and over. “Definitely dead,” she thought. Rojo simultaneously had fired an effect sweep into the windshield of the jeep a dozen feet from him. The bodies in the front seats slipped down as the vehicle began to slow. Once the remaining jeeps had passed them, Devyn had been soley focused on staunching the flow of blood from Lissa’s gut. It didn’t look pretty, but Dev knew that Lissa would be all right.

Finally, only one jeep remained. It had managed to weave through the rebels’ bullets and had pulled alongside the engine. Escalla and Hedgie ducked as bullets came flying into the compartment. “****. ****. ****.” Escalla blurted out, getting as low to the floor as she could. Hedgie was in higher spirits, “Good thing I brought this,” she grinned as she pulled a grenade out of her jacket. She pulled the pin and let the striking lever fly off. “One…two…THREE!” She tossed the grenade over her shoulder and out the window. She heard screams of realization an instant before the explosion. She jumped up to see the flaming wreckage still rolling next to them. Despite the sudden lack of driver, the jeep kept going surprisingly straight, but only for a minute until it went careening over a ledge and into a ravine. They made it to the bridge.

The mission was successful.

There were high fives all around at the rebel camp. “We’re almost there!” someone shouted, “One more big success and we’ll have done it!”

Even though Lissa had been wounded, she wouldn’t let it slow her down. She knew it was her time to choose a squad, one that could let them overthrow President LIS once and for all. It would be tough. Tougher than anything before. She needed 8 squad members.

WooHoo! Now who does everyone want to add? I'm taking requests.

maybe 98cats. maybe.

I don't have much for feelings on anyone, really...

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, ok, ok...

Honestly, I'm with STL on this, a success in mission 3 was almost guaranteed. If a spy was in the group on mission 2 and voted success (I still don't think so BTW, but will entertain the groups paranoia), then they should have been committed to the deception and succeed mission 3. Why not? They knew at this point the group would carry over and go to mission 4 where they were now entrenced, fail mission 4, and then have huge odds of failing mission 5 because we wouldn't know who to trust. The only caveat is, and unfortunately Chillbo didn't go this way, is that the trend usually was 2 fails needed on mission 4, which would have required the spy in the group to also recruit a second spy in this vote, but i digress. So, unfortunately, if this mission fails, I will still maintain that the highest odds would be on the newest person added, BUT, i could entertain the notion of it being a sleep cell.

I have 2 plans. You guys can feel them out.

So, Going back to my previous numbers:

Mission 1 hold overs, 1 of 2 is a spy (Mad Jack, STL).
Mission 2 and 3 success, 0 of 7 are a spy (Rojo, Escalla, Devyn, Cyndia, Lissa, Hedgie, WS)
People remaining: 4 or 5 of 7 are a spy (dyachei, allieh, wildzoo, saya, 98, ffm, cj).

I think its too risky to pick STL or Mad Jack. I'm suspect on both of them.
Of those remaining 7, the pick is much harder.

Like I said, FFM not putting himself on Mission 1 and never giving an excuse makes me suspect of him
CJ disapproving of my team based on her misgivings of WS, after I mentioned already that WS was my pick, and she responded but didn't voice up at that point, and then her strange logic in her nominee for the mission also makes me suspect her.

And WildZoo is in line to pick the 8th group, who was CJ's pick, and thus is suspicious to me as well, if CJ was hoping to plan a spy in the group. She could also have been trying to make us think a resistance was a spy if she didn't think we were going to accept her group regardless, or CJ could be resistance and has no clue about WZ.

So, Plan 1 is to send WildZoo. If the mission fails, I disapprove of whatever group Wildzoo picks next and hope that the random selects someone else from the team to be the next mission leader. If the mission fails and people want to entertain the idea that someone on the squad not WZ was the mole, i'd be fine replacing 2 people (and while I know I'm resistance, at least some have voiced suspicion of me), but the risk of it being WildZoo would be too high to send her on the 5th mission as well, or to even trust her squad. This is definitely a risk, but it can also give us some good information to use IF we have a next round

The second plan would be to randomly pick between those we really know not much on, which would be dyachei, allieh, saya, 98, +/- wildzoo. Of those, they all (besides WZ) have been hella under the radar and must say, would be a toss up. but, say my suspicion is right on 2 of the 3 i eliminated (FFM, CJ, WZ), then you are down to 2 of 4, which is the best odds we can hope to get.

I'm kinda leaning towards adding Dyachei