The Resistance "WW" Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@hedgiehog get on here and accept the group you are part of.

@Mad Jack be the better person and accept the group

@Cracker.Jack. show us there are no hard feelings for disapproving your group and accept this group

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anywho, off to Poker. No reception. IF this gets rejected, I will ONLY approve WZ's list if it's the same as this one with either 98cats OR Allie. Kind of a contingency so we aren't waiting on me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anywho, off to Poker. No reception. IF this gets rejected, I will ONLY approve WZ's list if it's the same as this one with either 98cats OR Allie. Kind of a contingency so we aren't waiting on me.

Are you going to vote on this one? Cause I don't see one...

Things were broken at work and made me climb up/down steps 20+ times an hour. Knee is not good and I'm going to have to have a talk with my boss. I don't think I can milk alone out there anymore, even if it's only 1 hr and someone comes to relieve me. :( Really sucks. It's the higher paying job AND the one that's paying my medical bills for this.

I have nothing against you being opinionated. ;) I'm that way myself. I just don't agree with most of it, so it just stood out to me more. Thing is, I know you wouldn't have voted FAIL M1, which is why I can't count you out of being a spy. :thumbup:

Who would you rather be in there? I could go with Allie.
Thing is, WZ is next to choose a group. They may not choose who we want either on purpose and we have no idea right now who is the next group leader. All the spies need to break the game is 5 rejected groups in a row.:(

So, if LIssa and WZ's groups are rejected and the next 3 leaders are suspected spies, they choose groups we will reject and spies win the game.

So, being as I feel about the same towards 98 as I do Allie, I'm going to

Approve
here

tally is 8 approve, 5 disapprove, with 3 votes (CJ, MJ, Hedgie) left to vote.

Members don't see this ad :)
This seems like a lot of stalling to me.

You can say "I'm only confident in myself" all you want. It holds as much wait as saying "Don't lynch me, I'm not a wolf." i.e. zip.
Only FFM and saya used that argument alone. STL has his thing with Rojo, dyachei said she wasn't comfy with 98cats, and I said the same and listed my alternatives.

We have a majority of approvals.

I know we will wait a little bit for the last 2 votes, but LETS GET IT ON!

Chillbo, since we are all resistance, and this ends the game, you might as well start writing up the epic conclusion!

Only FFM and saya used that argument alone. STL has his thing with Rojo, dyachei said she wasn't comfy with 98cats, and I said the same and listed my alternatives.
Oooohhhhh, I have a thing with rojo, sounds:
Scandalous.gif

Reactions: 2 users
The reason I didn't give another alternative is I haven't had enough time this week to do much more than skim everyone's ideas in this thread. I don't have strong feelings (good or bad) about what the best route for us to take is, and I don't want to steer us in a bad direction by suggesting someone if I don't have a strong feeling.

We have a majority of approvals.

I know we will wait a little bit for the last 2 votes, but LETS GET IT ON!

Chillbo, since we are all resistance, and this ends the game, you might as well start writing up the epic conclusion!
If this fails, then you are 100% a spy, this gloating early thing is starting to seem even more suspicious to me lol.

And? Is two people with the same weak statement not enough to address in your opinion?

And? Is two people with the same weak statement not enough to address in your opinion?
That's not what I was saying, the way I read your post made it seem like that was the only argument being used for people who rejected the group. Might have been a misread on my part.

Approve, sorry for delaying things guys

This was it. The final push on the capital. The main resistance force was readied near the city walls, eager to launch into attack as soon as they got the signal. The squad was going after the biggest target of the all. President LIS.

They had received intel that LIS was meeting with all his chief military advisors at the top of Snow Tower. If they could get up there, victory was theirs. Rojo, Escalla, Devyn, and Cyndia all entered the tower through one of the ventilation ducts, and started up an emergency stairway. WS and Lissa were scaling the tower from the outside, a single mistake meaning certain death. Hedgie and the newcomer, 98cats, were trying to figure out a different way in, when they noticed only two guards at the front doors. “Eh, what the hell?” said 98cats, and the two fired off several suppressed rounds, each one hitting their mark. The two ran inside, stunned to find no other sentries around. “Might as well take the quickest way up,” Hedgie said, as she went back and lifted a keycard from one of the corpses outside. They hopped into a nearby elevator, swiped the card, and pressed the top button. Up they go.

DING. Top floor. As the elevator doors opened, Hedgie and 98 cats pressed against the sides of the lift to protect from incoming fire. Nothing. They peeked their heads out to see an empty hallway. Huh, they shrugged. As they went down the hallway, they heard a door opening to their right. They took cover and prepared to blast the guard away. Luckily they looked first, because it was simply their group of four squadmates stumbling out of the emergency stairs. “You guys have any issues?” Escalla asked. 98cats shook her head, “Almost nothing. It’s too easy, I don’t like it.”

The group of six kept on moving, guns pointed at every door and corner, but finding nothing in their sights. Eventually they came to a huge window, where WS and Lissa were about to enter. Lissa took out a cutting tool and traced a large circle on the glass. WOOMP. One good knock sent the glass out and made a nice hole for the two to climb in. “We didn’t see anybody on any floors as we came up,” WS said, “Something’s fishy.” Nervous, but undeterred, the squad kept moving.

Finally, they all saw the large, oak doors of the main conference room. Muffled voices could be heard arguing inside. “Alright, nice and easy,” Rojo whispered as they got into position, “No need to go crazy, just stick them up and we’ll be good.” Everyone nodded, if not in agreement, at least in understanding. “Ok, three…two…one…” Rojo burst the doors open with a solid kick from his steel-toed boots. Everyone went filing into the room, weapons at the ready, all yelling over each other. “HANDSUP DON’TMOVE WEGOTYOUNOWA-HOLE FREEZE”

Once the initial commotion subsided, everyone saw President LIS smiling at the head of conference table. “Oh, my. What brave souls you are in breaking into my house and trying to capture me and my generals!” Some of the squad members glanced at each other nervously, unsure why LIS was taking this so well. “I’m sure you all noticed that it was rather easy to come up here and see me. Do you know why that is?” It was a trap, they realized.

Suddenly, four of their supposed resistance-mates strolled into the room, their guns pointed at the squad’s backs. The generals took this time to excuse themselves, laughing at the deception. “All right, weapons on the ground.” They all recognized the voice of SummerTheLynx. The squad began to lay their guns on the floor. WildZoo and Cracker Jack began pulling pistols out of the squad’s coats. “Well, you all did pretty well these past few days,” Flim Flam Man gloated as he walked past each resistance member, “But I think it’s time that you to realize who you’re dealing with.”

“I applaud you all for a job well attempted,” LIS said, “but I’m afraid this can’t continue any longer. By the power invested in me, by me, I convict you all of treason and sentence you to death. Goodbye, puny rebels.”

Devyn was glad they hadn’t patted her down well enough. For the last minute she had slowly been creeping her hand towards the small of her back. She grasped her hand around the grip of her second pistol at the moment that LIS finished speaking. Faster than you could blink, Devyn whipped the handgun around a squeezed the trigger. BLAM. The shot caught LIS in the upper chest and spun him to the floor. In an instant, gunfire erupted throughout the room. Bullets, curses, punches, and screams filled the entirety of the conference hall. Almost as soon as it had started, it was over.

Everyone was bleeding from one spot or another. Miraculously, all of the resistance members still drew breath. Escalla was on the floor, applying pressure to the wound in her left leg, while 98cats’ right arm hung limply at her side, the result of a stray round or two finding their way into her shoulder, but the other squadmates still stood. FFM was slumped in a corner, trying in vain to hold in the blood spurting from his jugular vein, the knowledge that he only had a few seconds left clear in his eyes. WildZoo was facedown by the door, the result of a knife through the heart. CJ and STL were mostly unharmed, however, their hands held up in surrender.

All of a sudden, Dyachei came bursting into the room. “Are you all okay?! What happened?!” Lissa replied grimly, “A trap.” Dyachei shook her head, “Damn.” She surveyed the carnage. “So you’re all alright then?” There were nods around the room. “I guess that means the resistance wins…” her voice trailed…”Unless I can help it…”

Dyachei, the Deep Spy, with one last chance to prevent the uprising, raised her pistol and fired at the one she knew had to be the incognito commander of the resistance. Wolfspeaker turned around just as the metal rounds ripped into her chest, a look of surprise etched onto her face as she crumpled to the floor, dead. Just as Dyachei was starting to turn to take out another target, Cyndia, the Commander’s Bodyguard, slammed into Dyachei, both of them tumbling to the floor, the pistol flying. They began rolling around, each fighting for their life. After a few seconds, Dyachei rolled on top and began choking Cyndia with every ounce of strength she had. The light began fading from Cyndia’s eyes until BLAM!! Dyachei’s grip eased and her eyes glazed over on account of the quarter sized hold in her forehead. Cyndia threw the lifeless body off of her and began gasping for air.

Rojo, the Resistance Commander, lowered the still smoking pistol in his hand. He walked over to the far end of the conference table, where President LIS lay. “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood right now,” Rojo growled, “So I’m gonna let you live. We’ll see what the people want to do with you. Maybe they’ll let you die quickly; I sure as hell wouldn’t.” Rojo knocked LIS out with a pistol whip to the head, then he looked out the window at the capital. He saw resistance troops moving freely through the streets, and he looked forward to a brighter future.

Resistance wins.

Good game all :). I did vote failure mission 1, as I wasn't sure if people would logic out to keep the same group or not. I used the rojo logic of get the quick point, and hopefully get a second quick point mission 2, and then have 3 missions to win the game. Thanks chillbo, I thoroughly enjoyed the game :).

I should have picked myself first and all the people I wanted to frame.

Teeheehee

Boom. This was fun. Thanks Chillbo!

Did the spies all know each other?

Huh, didn't even know there were additional roles. This was fun Chillbo, would enjoy playing again! Though I'm now 0 for 4 for being on the winning team in WW :lame: gotta say, jojo managing to pick an all rebel team for mission 2 was pretty impressive.
I will also say that, had I been in CJ's position, I probably would have put myself on the team rather than another spy.

Hell yeah! I am still in awe that we won.

For the record....

If we did do the 50/50 deal, you were going to be my choice. :) STL went too hard for Rojo, past the point of reason, so that's what would have been my argument.

Anyway, just felt like outing that. Glad I wasn't totally off.

For the record....

If we did do the 50/50 deal, you were going to be my choice. :) STL went too hard for Rojo, past the point of reason, so that's what would have been my argument.

Anyway, just felt like outing that. Glad I wasn't totally off.
Meh I figured I was going to commit to it or it would come off like me backing off from it and trying to appease, which would have been more spyish IMO but that's just me :p

Did the spies all know each other?

I don't know.

CJ and I were linked, so we could pm, and we knew who the other spies were. We coundn't communicate with the other spies though.

So, for the spies, they all knew each other, but (except for FFM and CJ, who were the spy lovers) couldn't PM. That way, if Mission 1 had 4 spies or whatever, they couldn't agree to have one person fail, etc.

On the rebel side, everyone was a plain resistance fighter except Cyndia and Rojo. Cyndia was told that Rojo was the commander, and that she couldn't let anyone find out who he was. Rojo, as Commander, knew 4 of the 5 spies. If rebels got to 3 successes, the one spy he didn't know (dyachei), was given an attempt to assassinate him, but she picked WS.

So, for the spies, they all knew each other, but (except for FFM and CJ, who were the spy lovers) couldn't PM. That way, if Mission 1 had 4 spies or whatever, they couldn't agree to have one person fail, etc.

On the rebel side, everyone was a plain resistance fighter except Cyndia and Rojo. Cyndia was told that Rojo was the commander, and that she couldn't let anyone find out who he was. Rojo, as Commander, knew 4 of the 5 spies. If rebels got to 3 successes, the one spy he didn't know (dyachei), was given an attempt to assassinate him, but she picked WS.
That...that explains a lot :hilarious:

Well now I know how I got singled out from posting 1 thing. I knew rojo had some special role, hence my attack on him the entire game. I just no clue it was THAT good.

Typically the Commander has to play it cool, otherwise they're easily identified as such. Rojo's really loud anyway, so he was able to distract from it. :p
Just bad luck for us that he ended up being commander (I'm assuming that was RNG'd) and that he got to pick the second mission group.