Touro COM - New York, Harlem Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can only open and work on the PDF from the remote desktop of my work laptop. Time to get typing!

Members don't see this ad.

Cool. Received secondary this morning. 3.58, 3.7. 29.

If current students don't mind, could you comment on the availability and relative cost of housing around the Middletown campus please?

When you log into the secondary application, one of the links on the sidebar is the personal statement. It gives a list of schools that require a statement, one being the osteopathic school. By clicking the osteopathic school, a separate tab opens up with the PDF, and usually says it can't be opened until you download the adobe pdf viewer, once you download that, you can just save the pdf by right clicking the link and open it in adobe. Unfortunately, adobe won't let you save that filled out pdf, so I'm not sure how we are supposed to submit it.

Edit: this is for MedBlue515, forgot to quote the post

Members don't see this ad :)
When you log into the secondary application, one of the links on the sidebar is the personal statement. It gives a list of schools that require a statement, one being the osteopathic school. By clicking the osteopathic school, a separate tab opens up with the PDF, and usually says it can't be opened until you download the adobe pdf viewer, once you download that, you can just save the pdf by right clicking the link and open it in adobe. Unfortunately, adobe won't let you save that filled out pdf, so I'm not sure how we are supposed to submit it.

Thanks I appreciate you responding!

These are the only links on the sidebar that I have...do you mind taking a screenshot of what you are seeing?

nrODVEW.png

haven't gotten a secondary yet- do they email you a login/password or do you need to create an account once they give you the go ahead?

haven't gotten a secondary yet- do they email you a login/password or do you need to create an account once they give you the go ahead?
no. a new account is created apart from your TOURO-CA and TUNCOM accounts.

Reactions: 1 user
What are you guys selecting for how your LORs are going to be submitted? I've only done it through AACOMAS for my other applications, but the only options here are virtualevals, hard copy, applyYourself, and Interfolio..

For the accounts, you just create new one when the error message pops up, and they send you another PIN. When I applied to TUN, they gave me these directions:
"If you have already completed an application for another Touro campus, please create a new application account. If your profile name and email address are recognized as an existing applicant, ignore the error message and choose the new program from the academic plan. You will also need to pay the fee for the new application."

For the accounts, you just create new one when the error message pops up, and they send you another PIN. When I applied to TUN, they gave me these directions:
"If you have already completed an application for another Touro campus, please create a new application account. If your profile name and email address are recognized as an existing applicant, ignore the error message and choose the new program from the academic plan. You will also need to pay the fee for the new application."
Thanks! So we go ahead and continue to create the new account ... Or in our old account under the academic plan there should be tucom Ny

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you guys selecting for how your LORs are going to be submitted? I've only done it through AACOMAS for my other applications, but the only options here are virtualevals, hard copy, applyYourself, and Interfolio..
+1 would like this answered as well.

Also, does anyone know the averages of their MCAT and GPA? I don't know if I should spend $200 if I have a 3.5 and 27 mcat.. Any advice?

I got one but I need to know my chances. Are they exploiting me with that fee or is it high because they screen so well and I got a good chance of an interview?

hmm.. on the fence about actually submitting the secondary here as well. 3.7,3.7,25 and retake of 504 or 27-28..rest of application is very solid

can anyone talk in a little more detail about the differences between the two new york campuses.. would like to hear more. I don't know which one to select.

If I had the money to blow I might, but my secondaries are all in everywhere else, and I bought a suit. I'm flat broke. But I haven't heard from anyone yet so it would be tempting if they gave a high amount of interviews to those they screened.

I'd also want to know more about the differences. So +1

Searching for the board score pass rates for this school...and having trouble finding them for some reason..

Yeah, the PDF isn't formatted to allow a filled copy to be saved. You can print as PDF if you have a PDF printer (I use CutePDF writer) or you can print and then scan that copy to make a PDF to upload. A bit of a hassle :/.

Yeah, the PDF isn't formatted to allow a filled copy to be saved. You can print as PDF if you have a PDF printer (I use CutePDF writer) or you can print and then scan that copy to make a PDF to upload. A bit of a hassle :/.

I still can't even find the tab to access the PDF at all. If someone could screenshot their homepage where you can see it, I would be EXTREMELY grateful :)

how do you get to this PDF

See quote by Rossg01:

As others have noted, right click on the file and save to your computer, clicking on the file link may not open the file.

If I had the money to blow I might, but my secondaries are all in everywhere else, and I bought a suit. I'm flat broke. But I haven't heard from anyone yet so it would be tempting if they gave a high amount of interviews to those they screened.

I'd also want to know more about the differences. So +1
im also curious if theres a higher chance of interview by getting a secondary, because the fee is just so high

I still can't even find the tab to access the PDF at all. If someone could screenshot their homepage where you can see it, I would be EXTREMELY grateful :)

Did you try from other browsers? I used Firefox and Chrome and have no problem seeing that tab and the essay file.

Did you try from other browsers? I used Firefox and Chrome and have no problem seeing that tab and the essay file.

Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and from Safari on my iPhone as well. That tab just does not exist for me, legitimately feel like I'm going insane haha

And you got a secondary invite email from Touro NY?

yes. I clicked the link in the email, created an account, got my PIN, and logged in. I'm assuming something went wrong in the process and I have no idea what.

For those of you concerned about the $200 fee, consider that the Harlem campus is IN New York City and just a few blocks away from Central Park. You will be paying at least $1500 in rent every month. If you are this concerned about the $200 secondary fee than it's just going to be an uphill battle from here for this campus (in terms of finances).
Also, the school has had the $200 secondary fee for the past 4 admission cycles. We're ya'll thinking that they would somehow magically drop the fee this year?

Just curious, its available as soon as you log in and click edit application right?

Yep, in addition to what you can see, there should be four more tabs: Post-secondary academic record, personal statement, immunization form, and waiver.

For those of you concerned about the $200 fee, consider that the Harlem campus is IN New York City and just a few blocks away from Central Park. You will be paying at least $1500 in rent every month. If you are this concerned about the $200 secondary fee than it's just going to be an uphill battle from here for this campus (in terms of finances).
Also, the school has had the $200 secondary fee for the past 4 admission cycles. We're ya'll thinking that they would somehow magically drop the fee this year?

True, but it being 100% more expensive than other secondary application fees surely knocks the wind out of you. :0

For those of you who got the secondary and have already applied to touro-California, did you make a separate account for the NY secondary? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here so I can't even start my secondary :oops:

Yep, in addition to what you can see, there should be four more tabs: Post-secondary academic record, personal statement, immunization form, and waiver.

yep none of that. Lucky me :D

thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it

For those of you who got the secondary and have already applied to touro-California, did you make a separate account for the NY secondary? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here so I can't even start my secondary :oops:

Yep, new account even if you have one from applying in previous years or are applying to Touro CA/NV this cycle.

Anyone know the word limit for the essay question? It says limit it to the space provided, would just like to know how much that limit actually is If I am going to copy and paste from word.

yep none of that. Lucky me :D

thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it
A reference for you incase you email/call them. This is what you should see

Edit: How is everyone submitting their recommendations? Do they come straight from AACOMAS app or do they need to be submitted again? I emailed them but got no answer

Attachments

• touro.jpg
    touro.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 102
A reference for you incase you email/call them. This is what you should see

Edit: How is everyone submitting their recommendations? Do they come straight from AACOMAS app or do they need to be submitted again? I emailed them but got no answer
Yeah I called but no answer. I am also wondering about the word limit, and how recommendations are sent.

I don't think you can get in Touro with a 24 because they screen it out.

I want to know GPA cut off for secondary, please!

I have a 24, 3.7sgpa and got a secondary... I'll complete it and if I get screened out Oh well but I think they would have screened me out pre- secondary Invite ...

Do they not accept letters from AACOMAS? (as per the PDF)

Do they not accept letters from AACOMAS? (as per the PDF)

Yeah I called but no answer. I am also wondering about the word limit, and how recommendations are sent.

They do accept letters through aacomas. I had mine attached to aacomas and tuncom and touro CA received them without issues.
The PDF is outdated info since aacomas didn't have the ability to deliver LoRs in the past so people had to use interfolio, virtualevals, or the touro portal

Last edited: