Tufts c/o 2020 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! What time did you receive this invite?
I got the invite at 12:14 PM EST. I'm OOS by the way.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was also invited to interview on 1/26. I received the email at 12:17 pm.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got one for the 26th! was so shocked! Got the email at 12:15pm. OOS

Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview invite for the 21st!!! I wasn't expecting to hear anything till january!!! :D OOS, got the email at 12:16 today

Congrats to everyone with the interviews! I think most if not all of us who already interviewed can say that you don't need to stress about them at all, just be yourself and there are no trick questions!! :happy: This is a huge accomplishment so be proud!!

Reactions: 5 users
Yay!! Found out today that I'll be interviewing on the 26th as well! So incredibly happy :)

Found out I'm interviewing the 21st!!

Does anyone know if we do have to confirm the interview or do we just show up?

I got the interview invite yesterday for January 20th at 10:25! So excited!

Hi everyone, I too got an OOS interview for the 26th, but I also have a Washington state interview for 1/25. Anyone know if either school would reschedule? I tried calling but the offices are closed for the holiday.

Hi everyone, I too got an OOS interview for the 26th, but I also have a Washington state interview for 1/25. Anyone know if either school would reschedule? I tried calling but the offices are closed for the holiday.
Tufts has allowed students to reschedule. They're really nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Found out I'm interviewing the 21st!!

Does anyone know if we do have to confirm the interview or do we just show up?
No need to confirm! You just show up--they will send you more info as the date gets closer

I may have missed this but does anyone know if Tufts requires fall transcripts?

I may have missed this but does anyone know if Tufts requires fall transcripts?
I sent mine in to be calculated into my gpa. They are fine about that

I also just received an invite for an interview!!! Congrats everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Feb 9th. I am hoping that's not indicative of some sort of rank. But either way I am excited!

I got an interview for Feb 2nd!! Eep!

For everyone who has not yet received an interview, there is still hope! I just called and I was told that they are not done sending out interview invites. I was told that in a 2-3 week span they expect for everyone to have a decision regarding their application.

Reactions: 6 users
For everyone who has not yet received an interview, there is still hope! I just called and I was told that they are not done sending out interview invites. I was told that in a 2-3 week span they expect for everyone to have a decision regarding their application.
Thank you for calling! My hope was diminishing fast after seeing all of these interview invites going out at once. Congrats everyone who got an interview invite! Fingers crossed for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Everyone who has already interviewed-- are we allowed to leave right after we interview? I have a 10:25 interview time and I know the program is scheduled until 3:10, but I have been on campus already for AVM and have something going on later that night that I would like to be home for.

Everyone who has already interviewed-- are we allowed to leave right after we interview? I have a 10:25 interview time and I know the program is scheduled until 3:10, but I have been on campus already for AVM and have something going on later that night that I would like to be home for.
Yes, everything else is optional. They have talks about financial aid, programs available, etc. as well as lunch, but you do not have to attend.

Great thanks so much! I wanted to avoid an annoying phone call to admissions and I figured that was the case.

I just received one for February 9th as well!
Awesome!! Congrats! Does anyone know if they are doing rolling admissions? People who interviewed in December have already received notice of acceptance. Just curious!

Awesome!! Congrats! Does anyone know if they are doing rolling admissions? People who interviewed in December have already received notice of acceptance. Just curious!

They told us at our interview date that some of us would hear back that week, and others would be notified with the applicants from the rest of the dates sometime in February. So I'd guess they're planning to wait until everyone has had a chance to interview before making final decisions.
Congratulations, everyone! :highfive:

Congrats!!! At what time did you receive it?
around 1030 this morning. and everyone who's had interviews already, they're more on the chill side and not as stressful from what I've heard?

They told us at our interview date that some of us would hear back that week, and others would be notified with the applicants from the rest of the dates sometime in February. So I'd guess they're planning to wait until everyone has had a chance to interview before making final decisions.
Congratulations, everyone! :highfive:
That is a relief! Thanks!!!

around 1030 this morning. and everyone who's had interviews already, they're more on the chill side and not as stressful from what I've heard?

Most definitely. There were some more serious questions sprinkled in, typical questions seeing how serious you are about the profession, the school, etc. but for the most part it was very conversational and free flowing. I would say the best thing someone could do would be smiling, positive, and try and stand out in that light, but also think about some questions you might have for them about the school/ programs, or even about themselves.

Most definitely. There were some more serious questions sprinkled in, typical questions seeing how serious you are about the profession, the school, etc. but for the most part it was very conversational and free flowing. I would say the best thing someone could do would be smiling, positive, and try and stand out in that light, but also think about some questions you might have for them about the school/ programs, or even about themselves.
ok, great thank you so much!

Congratulations to everyone who received interviews! And best of luck to those who are still waiting, don't lose hope because last year they sent interviews to those waitlisted up until the final interview date. Also to those interviewing do not stress about the interview, my Tufts interview was my absolute favorite last year. It was very relaxed and informal, they really want to make you feel as relaxed and welcomed as possible. Everyone I met was super nice and friendly. They try to pair you with at least one interviewer with veterinary interests similar to yours. So just be yourself and you'll be fine :)

My friend called Tufts and this is what they said

"They said they are sending out more interviews this week and next week as well as denial letters and waiting lists for interviews"

I just called and canceled my interview for 1/26. I was told that someone on the waiting list is going to be made very happy because they will be contacting them to fill my spot.

My friend got wait listed . She received the email today around 9:45am. Has anyone else received anything from Tufts today?

My friend got wait listed . She received the email today around 9:45am. Has anyone else received anything from Tufts today?
I got wait listed for an interview & got the email around the same time

By next week I believe everyone will have heard. More wait list emailed will be going out next week I believe.

I mean if you're asking if we've gotten ANYTHING from them today, I got an email telling me to fill out the form for financial aid ASAP.

Congrats everyone! I actually live close to Tufts campus and would have been happy to provide free housing, but I'm outa town throughout the interview dates :(

You can hit me up for the accepted student's day or whatever in the future though.

I mean if you're asking if we've gotten ANYTHING from them today, I got an email telling me to fill out the form for financial aid ASAP.
Did you interview or receive an interview from them before today?

I got the financial aid thing too and I am interviewing on the 20th

This wait is dreadful...not hearing anything yet is probably not a good sign :( I really hope they are at least considering inviting more people to interview next week.

I just called admissions they are still sending out notices throughout this week. (interviews, wait-listed interviews, and denials) and the last interview date is Feb 9th for those of you all waiting!

As a side note I got a wait-listed interview last year and an interview a couple days later. I ended up as an alternate last year.

Just got an email about forms to be filled out for the interview, I just wanted to double check we do NOT need to notify them if we plan on attending the interview?