Tufts c/o 2020 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i think just notify if you cannot go..... and is everyone staying with current students like they encouraged in the emails or a hotel?

Members don't see this ad.

i think just notify if you cannot go..... and is everyone staying with current students like they encouraged in the emails or a hotel?

My advisor's daughter is a current second year at Tufts, so I'm going to be staying with her. Where are you staying?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who previously interviewed at tufts, did they email ahead of time with who is interviewing you or did you find out that day?

For those who previously interviewed at tufts, did they email ahead of time with who is interviewing you or did you find out that day?

We found out that day and they gave a sheet with a whole bio of the two interviewers. It was pretty cool. That being said maybe if you're really curious you could call a few days in advance?

I did read online that you can call the day before and they'll tell you who's interviewing you.

Do you guys think staying with current students during the interviews would help our chances if they suggested it in the email? Like they want to get to know us that way? Or was it just suggested to help for money reasons?

That email was from students, not from the people interviewing you. I'm pretty sure it's a friendly offering. It wouldn't make sense for that to increase your chances of getting in just for taking a student up on an offer.

Plus you've stated that they encouraged this, but it just says to contact them as soon as possible once you got the email if you're interested in accommodations at a student's home. Personally, I think that unless you got the email within the past 5 days, or your interview isn't until February or something, a response may no longer be considered within the "as soon as possible" timeframe.

Does anyone know what we do about fall transcripts? I've been looking and can't seem to find it online or in any emails!

I'm going to be driving up this wednesday and staying overnight for my thursday interview. I will have to be leaving right after lunch on thursday because my boyfriend (who is driving with me, it's a 5 hour drive) needs to be home for class thursday night. I assume I'll be able to wander around the campus and all on wednesday during my free time, but what else should I plan to do while I'm up there? Anything fun around the school I should see or enjoy while I can?

Does anyone know what we do about fall transcripts? I've been looking and can't seem to find it online or in any emails!
I emailed them about this. They said it was not required but if you want them to recalculate your GPA with your fall transcript then send it as soon as possible to the admissions coordinator.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be driving up this wednesday and staying overnight for my thursday interview. I will have to be leaving right after lunch on thursday because my boyfriend (who is driving with me, it's a 5 hour drive) needs to be home for class thursday night. I assume I'll be able to wander around the campus and all on wednesday during my free time, but what else should I plan to do while I'm up there? Anything fun around the school I should see or enjoy while I can?

I also will be driving there on Wednesday for my Thursday interview! Maybe I'll see you there :)
I did the AVM program there this summer, so I'm acquainted with the town. North Grafton is pretty tiny, but Worcester (a larger town/city) is about a 20 minute drive away. North Grafton is fairly quiet and residential, but cute and safe. There's a good mexican place where I had dinner ... but I'm blanking on the name of it (which isn't helpful, I know, lol). Worcester is fairly sketchy but there are a looooot of restaurants and such around. If you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also will be driving there on Wednesday for my Thursday interview! Maybe I'll see you there :)
I did the AVM program there this summer, so I'm acquainted with the town. North Grafton is pretty tiny, but Worcester (a larger town/city) is about a 20 minute drive away. North Grafton is fairly quiet and residential, but cute and safe. There's a good mexican place where I had dinner ... but I'm blanking on the name of it (which isn't helpful, I know, lol).

Cancun

I have my interview Thursday, I'm so excited! Does anyone know if the interviews are open or closed?

13 hours from now and I'll be driving up to Grafton... getting anxious

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Reactions: 5 users
I just cancelled my interview. Hopefully, someone gets some good news today!

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if I can wait a month to find out if I got in or not!

Reactions: 1 user
I was under the impression they usually wait until they interview everyone so probably mid-Feb

How come nobody who's interviewed this cycle has filled out the interview feedback? :(
My interview is tomorrow and I feel like I'm going in with no updated information

How come nobody who's interviewed this cycle has filled out the interview feedback? :(
My interview is tomorrow and I feel like I'm going in with no updated information
I was under the impression that the schools really don't like to have people share questions with other applicants so I haven't filled out any of those reviews. There is really no need to be nervous about the interview, mine was about exactly 35 minutes and was extremely conversational. I had two interviewers who I was given information on early in the day and they started by talking about themselves for ten minutes and then spent the rest of the time answering my questions. I did have some time to talk about why I want to go into the veterinary profession as well as why I chose to apply to Tufts. It was very relaxed and they were super nice! I would say, just come up with some questions you would like answered and you will be all set!

I was under the impression that the schools really don't like to have people share questions with other applicants so I haven't filled out any of those reviews. There is really no need to be nervous about the interview, mine was about exactly 35 minutes and was extremely conversational. I had two interviewers who I was given information on early in the day and they started by talking about themselves for ten minutes and then spent the rest of the time answering my questions. I did have some time to talk about why I want to go into the veterinary profession as well as why I chose to apply to Tufts. It was very relaxed and they were super nice! I would say, just come up with some questions you would like answered and you will be all set!
So they didn't even ask you any questions?

Did everyone get the email asking for your social security number ?

For those who have interviewed already, whats the parking situation like on campus? Is it easy to find a spot?

For those who have interviewed already, whats the parking situation like on campus? Is it easy to find a spot?
There's parking right at the building you interview in! I had no trouble finding a spot but I showed up about a half hour early.

There's parking right at the building you interview in! I had no trouble finding a spot but I showed up about a half hour early.
Great, thanks! I was worried the parking lot might be full since it's still a regular school day.

Hey everybody! Mentioned this earlier but I'm a V19 at Tufts and would be happy to answer any questions you guys might have. This forum helped me out a ton when I was going through the application process and I'm eager to pass it on. Good luck guys!

Anyone know when they will let us know by?

Does anyone have any idea how many people they interview total?
Like, if you got an interview, what are your chances from there of being accepted?

Does anyone have any idea how many people they interview total?
Like, if you got an interview, what are your chances from there of being accepted?
I've heard 300 interviews for 100 spots, but maybe someone else can confirm? It seemed like there were a lot of people at my interview day, and there are quite a few days.

I heard they are interviewing more this year because they used VMCAS

I've heard 300 interviews for 100 spots, but maybe someone else can confirm? It seemed like there were a lot of people at my interview day, and there are quite a few days.

I also was told that they interviewed around 300 people this year. The person who interviewed me said that they are interviewing 280 candidates, and Ford said we'll hear back from them around the 20's-ish of February

For those of you who have already interviewed, does the tour go outside? It will be snowing so I was just curious.

For those of you who have already interviewed, does the tour go outside? It will be snowing so I was just curious.
It does. You walk between a few buildings. I was able to change shoes for Tour A and clothes for Tour B. I would recommend at least different shoes. And a coat of course. We walked down to the barn as well for Tour B.

It does. You walk between a few buildings. I was able to change shoes for Tour A and clothes for Tour B. I would recommend at least different shoes. And a coat of course. We walked down to the barn as well for Tour B.
Thanks for the info! And that answers my second question: is there a diff between tour A and B.

Does anyone know if we will be contacted via email or snail mail?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I believe I heard that it will be an email notifying us of a portal update. Can anyone else confirm this is correct?

I just called admissions now. They said the committee is meeting this week. She said "don't hold your breath about hearing by the end of this week, it might be early next week. And it'll be an email telling you to check your portal, so don't be checking your portal every hour, it'll drive you crazy."
Personally I interviewed at 4 schools, I've been wait listed at 2 and rejected from the other, so regardless of when we hear...I'm holding my breath...

Reactions: 5 users
I just called admissions now. They said the committee is meeting this week. She said "don't hold your breath about hearing by the end of this week, it might be early next week. And it'll be an email telling you to check your portal, so don't be checking your portal every hour, it'll drive you crazy."
Personally I interviewed at 4 schools, I've been wait listed at 2 and rejected from the other, so regardless of when we hear...I'm holding my breath...

Thank you for checking and letting us know! Fingers crossed for everyone ...