This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven't heard anything good or bad. Anyone know if they are still sending out OOS interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also just got an interview invite OOS for 1/22!

Same!! Are you getting there the day before so you’re there for the 8:45 am event? I live about 4 hrs away and haven’t decided if I’m going the morning of or day before! Good luck!!

Same!! Are you getting there the day before so you’re there for the 8:45 am event? I live about 4 hrs away and haven’t decided if I’m going the morning of or day before! Good luck!!
I know this wasn't directed at me sorry but I also have an interview on the 22nd and I'm driving up the day before so that I can be at the school for the entire day! I live about 6 hours away, but I'm staying with a student because the ambassadors seemed to really recommend that :)

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t forget to take into consideration the possibility of winter weather! I went a day early for all my interviews at other schools (didn’t apply to tufts) in case of bad weather. For one of mine, I even ended up having to move my flight at midnight the night before to fly out earlier in the day (like 6 am vs 4 pm) because the layover for my 4 pm was supposed to get snow and since it was Atlanta, they don’t have the infrastructure to deal with the snow easily. My original connection ended up getting delayed for hours and was eventually cancelled, but I was already safely at the school and didn’t have to stress about it.
If you decide to just go the day of, definitely keep an eye on the weather forecasts a few days prior in case there’s a storm coming and you end up needing to go early.

I got an email a week or two ago saying that they had too many qualified applicants and not enough interviews places so my application was on hold (waitlisted for interview was how I read that).
Yesterday was offered an interview for the 22nd. Just an update for anyone in a similar situation.

I got an email a week or two ago saying that they had too many qualified applicants and not enough interviews places so my application was on hold (waitlisted for interview was how I read that).
Yesterday was offered an interview for the 22nd. Just an update for anyone in a similar situation.
Congrats and thanks for the update! Hoping this happens for me too :)

any last minute tips for tufts interview? I have mine in a few days! I've gone over my app but thats pretty much it!

Don’t forget to take into consideration the possibility of winter weather! I went a day early for all my interviews at other schools (didn’t apply to tufts) in case of bad weather. For one of mine, I even ended up having to move my flight at midnight the night before to fly out earlier in the day (like 6 am vs 4 pm) because the layover for my 4 pm was supposed to get snow and since it was Atlanta, they don’t have the infrastructure to deal with the snow easily. My original connection ended up getting delayed for hours and was eventually cancelled, but I was already safely at the school and didn’t have to stress about it.
If you decide to just go the day of, definitely keep an eye on the weather forecasts a few days prior in case there’s a storm coming and you end up needing to go early.
I hadn’t thought about that.. especially traveling to MA where the snow can cause problems! Thanks for the tip!

I gave up my spot for an interview so hopefully someone on the waitlist will hear shortly!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I hadn’t thought about that.. especially traveling to MA where the snow can cause problems! Thanks for the tip!
IS here... highly doubt we are going to have snow soon

Members don't see this ad :)
IS here... highly doubt we are going to have snow soon

Not IS but I live about an hour from Tufts. They are saying likely snow this weekend. It's New England and you can never be sure what season it's going to be.

Last year, people received an email prior to their interview telling them exactly who would be interviewing them and gave some background on the interviewers. Does anyone know if that is the case this year?

Last year, people received an email prior to their interview telling them exactly who would be interviewing them and gave some background on the interviewers. Does anyone know if that is the case this year?
This would be awesome if it happens!!!!!

What are people’s thoughts on dressing for the interview vs dressing for the weather? Do you think it’s frowned upon if I change out of my suit after my morning interview, and do the tours in warmer clothes?

I actually interviewed last year and that was not the case for me, I just received a piece of paper on the morning of when I arrived with some info on my interviewers. My interview is tomorrow so I'm assuming they aren't sending that info out ahead of time this year either.

I actually interviewed last year and that was not the case for me, I just received a piece of paper on the morning of when I arrived with some info on my interviewers. My interview is tomorrow so I'm assuming they aren't sending that info out ahead of time this year either.
Oh okay! Thanks! Good luck!

You should still have at least a few minutes to look up your interviewers, or read through the info they give you, though!

Typically they try to pair you up with at least one interviewer who shares your interests, so it can be a good way to get the conversation going.

What are people’s thoughts on dressing for the interview vs dressing for the weather? Do you think it’s frowned upon if I change out of my suit after my morning interview, and do the tours in warmer clothes?
I have my interview in the afternoon tomorrow so ill definitely be changing into my suit after the tours/info sessions! I don't think its frowned upon at all!

My interview is on Wednesday and I got the schedule of events today. I've already had extensive tours of the campus as well as been advised on financing a veterinary education through Tufts' AVM program, so I'm wondering how much of the day is mandatory? My interview is late morning, I just don't know if there's a set check-in time or anything like that? Any advice is welcome!

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

The email that the students associated with the admissions committee sent out said to dress comfortably!

Does anyone know when Tufts will release admissions decision? I interviewed today and forgot to ask!

My interview is on Wednesday and I got the schedule of events today. I've already had extensive tours of the campus as well as been advised on financing a veterinary education through Tufts' AVM program, so I'm wondering how much of the day is mandatory? My interview is late morning, I just don't know if there's a set check-in time or anything like that? Any advice is welcome!

I had my interview today, I’d say most people arrived before 10AM in order to listen to the faculty panel and attend the lectures on research opportunities and what not. Everything is optional, but as far as I know, everyone arrived early

If it makes you feel any better, I'm planning on just a few hours before my interview, which is in the afternoon. Like you, I've already been on the tours and the financial aid info sessions. Hoping this is OK, but the fewer days I have to take off from work, the better.

I have an interview next week and I was wondering how long it takes to get a decision after the interview? I know that a few people who have had interviews have been accepted so curious!

I have an interview next week and I was wondering how long it takes to get a decision after the interview? I know that a few people who have had interviews have been accepted so curious!

What?? I thought Ford said nothing was coming out until the end of February? Except for the students that interviewed in December (and those were the kids that were exemplary applicants who they want to get acceptances to because they want them to take the offer)

What?? I thought Ford said nothing was coming out until the end of February? Except for the students that interviewed in December (and those were the kids that were exemplary applicants who they want to get acceptances to because they want them to take the offer)

Those are likely the people I’m talking about!

Those are likely the people I’m talking about!
Oh ok, I thought you were saying that some of the people that interviewed this week already heard back saying they were accepted and I was shocked lol

Oh ok, I thought you were saying that some of the people that interviewed this week already heard back saying they were accepted and I was shocked lol

Sorry for the confusion! (I honestly have no clue when those people interviewed!) so most people find out late February?

Sorry for the confusion! (I honestly have no clue when those people interviewed!) so most people find out late February?

That's what at least Ford said at the interview day, and historically that's what it looks like as well!

I just got the pre-interview survey. They ask for a recent headshot... do they just use those photos internally? Or are they used for something else? Like, I know at Davis they take a photo of you on interview day that is used on your student ID later.

Just wondering how long I’ll need to live with this photo for

Anyone know how much the interview is weighted in total? Like, I know some schools, once you reach the interview stage, only the interview is considered moving forward. Others take the whole app into consideration. Just wondering if anyone had any info on how Tufts considers this stuff.
Also, still wondering about that photo... :p

I just got the pre-interview survey. They ask for a recent headshot... do they just use those photos internally? Or are they used for something else? Like, I know at Davis they take a photo of you on interview day that is used on your student ID later.

I think it’s just for recognition! When I applied to Florida they required a picture of ourselves that we had to upload to VMCAS that they said they would use for the interviews, so I’m hoping this is the same:)

Anyone know how much the interview is weighted in total? Like, I know some schools, once you reach the interview stage, only the interview is considered moving forward. Others take the whole app into consideration. Just wondering if anyone had any info on how Tufts considers this stuff.
Also, still wondering about that photo... :p

I don't know how much they weigh the interview but they definitely take the whole app into consideration. Ford told us at an admissions talk that some people may not do well in their interview, but have good stats elsewhere and still get accepted just as the interview can also help a candidate who may have below average stats compared to the other applicants.

Hey I'm a current first year at Tufts. The interview photo is just for recognition at the interview! You will submit another photo late in the summer for your actual student ID!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm interviewing tomorrow as an IS student ! Looking forward to seeing you all at Tufts! Good luck to everyone interviewing.

Pic is just for interview day!

They have you submit a picture over the summer for your badge. (I think they'll also take them at security if you want, but it's nice to be able to submit your own!)

...however, if you matriculate, they will also take a separate headshot of you during orientation that's forever immortalized in the Admin building and the hospitals. It's in the orientation schedule -- so you know it's coming -- but for my class, they took them after we had been walking around campus for about 2 hrs on a 90+ degree day with about 90% humidity. Soooo... consider yourself warned about that ;)

(My hair looked awesome. And by awesome, I mean a literal hot mess.)

Hi everyone... I interviewed yesterday but I totally forgot to ask how we hear back (I asked when, apparently the early 20's of February!). Does anyone know if its via email, snail mail, portal, etc.?

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone... I interviewed yesterday but I totally forgot to ask how we hear back (I asked when, apparently the early 20's of February!). Does anyone know if its via email, snail mail, portal, etc.?

They will email you that they have made a decision and tell you to check your portal!

What fun things are to do by the vet school?
Define "by the vet school"

There's not a whole lot in the Grafton area haha

There also isn't as much to do near the school in the winter -- there are many pretty trails and apple orchards and such in the summer and fall, but those aren't really options this time of year.

Couple things that come to mind within about 20 min or so & are open in the winter:
- Tower Hill Botanical Garden in Boylston
- Wachusett Mt ski area
- Breweries (Jack's Abbey in Framingham, etc)
- Grafton has a couple cute places to eat
- one of the local pubs (Townhouse Tavern) apparently has live music tonight, if you're looking for an immediate option haha

That's about it off the top of my head, unless you're looking to drive 40ish minutes east.

Boston has a ton of fun things to do, though!

(Worcester...not so much. A few decent restaurants.)

Edit: if you're talking fun things to do when you're a student, there are definitely more options. Some of my friends belong to a rock climbing gym in the area, do roller derby, go cross-country skiing/hiking, and ride horses. Plus, there are plenty of things to do at the school itself (helping on the farm if you are interested in that, monthly spay/neuter cat clinics, etc). But those are more long term things vs. stuff to do on a visit.

Last edited:
Have people been getting the interviewer info beforehand? My interviews Monday and I haven’t gotten anything besides the survey thing to fill out.

Has anyone been pulled of the interview waitlist?

You get your interviewers' names with a little bio about them when you get there!